5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCross

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that he wasn't even particularly highly rated at youth level but just took his chance when the stars aligned and never looked back.

Can anyone confirm that?

It makes me wonder what young players might've been capable of the same but just never got that chance.
No he was always highly rated. If I recall right though, he was playing behind the striker. Someone more knowledgeable than me can add on.

Red_toad

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that he wasn't even particularly highly rated at youth level but just took his chance when the stars aligned and never looked back.

Can anyone confirm that?

It makes me wonder what young players might've been capable of the same but just never got that chance.
He was in the shadow of some of his peers. But he took his chances and is extremely dedicated to his profession, as well as being a great human being. He was highly rated we just had better players around his age group, who ended up injury prone or got over inflated egos and didn’t put in the hard work. Had Will Keane managed to stay fit, Marcus possibly wouldn’t have gotten a chance here.

eire-red

He's creeping up on 100 goals for United, and still only 23. There's not much you can really say against that.

People talk about his goal record, consistency and finishing, but can you name many wide players out there who are as good as him? Without him and Bruno, we are a shadow of what we are when they play.

If that doesn't hammer home how good he is, then I don't know what will. You only need to watch the second half vs West Ham to see it.

archiebald

Shit finish for the third which a lot of keepers would save, wasted a great chance earlier on. He's infuriating. Scored two goals but still has Sunday league levels of decision making most games and he isn't now, nor ever will be, a natural finisher.
Wise words amidst all the hyperbole going on after 1 good game against poor opposition

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Can anyone confirm that?

I believe he was extremely highly rated when he was slightly younger, but in the year or two before he stepped up to the first team he hadn't quite kicked on. Obviously that changed when he got into the first team though. :lol:

OldTrevil

Very good performance the other night, with a pair of goals and new shiny boots to put the gloss on it ;)

Marcus plays well when he doesn't over complicate his game and takes advantage of space in forward positions. He still had moments of running into blind alleys or trying to dribble three players but they were few and far between. If he can improve the consistency of his touch and decision making, the sky is the limit for him

Threesus

As usual, the issue with him is consistency. We all know that when he is on it, he is one of the best attackers in the game. I am hoping he can sort this out one of these days.

Can anyone confirm that?

I recently came across a video done by Stephen Howson, where he interviewed @Mr. MUJAC, back in 2015. There he talks about players like Rashford, Tuanzebe and Fosu Mensah. I can't embed the media so I will just post the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu3qjsKsGVQ.

As others have pointed out, he started out as a No 10 in the academy, and filled in as an emergency striker in some games, I think.

DoomSlayer

Rashford is everything I love about our club. Born and bred in Manchester, a product of the academy since a little kid.

I'm going to support him and defend him from detractors until the very end. Those that are on his back constantly are just fecking pricks and I don't care if I get a warning for this, it's the truth. You are not actual United fans if you don't appreciate Marcus and everything he is as a player and a human being.

Man Utd 6:2 Leeds United

el3mel

Feck me he's just an absolute joy to watch. He has insane skills with the ball in his feet it's just fun watching him running with the ball. He's a great entertainer.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Bloody excellent. He's starting to create an aura about himself when he has the ball at his feet... And you can tell the oppo defenders are terrified of him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He was just styling on them. Ridiculous.

One of his best performances without getting a G/A, he was absolutely embarrassing Leeds every time he got the ball. Just wish he would pull the trigger a few times when he cuts inside at the edge of the box, we know he has a strike in him.

thepolice123

His dribbling was excellent today. Tried to be a little too cute with the ball at times but can’t complain about the performance.

Mcking

Has those games where he looks completely unplayable. Looks drunk every other game. Today was the later.

Red_toad

His dribbling was excellent today. Tried to be a little too cute with the ball at times but can’t complain about the performance.
Leeds defenders were petrified of him. Shame he didn’t get a few good chances to score, but very entertaining and skilful performance by Marcus, can’t fault him.

UncleBob

One of his best performances without getting a G/A, he was absolutely embarrassing Leeds every time he got the ball. Just wish he would pull the trigger a few times when he cuts inside at the edge of the box, we know he has a strike in him.
In a match where we scored 6 and created a shit ton of chances, what did he actually do ?
Just a bit surprised, didn't think he was much involved, keeps holding on to the ball for too long

GenZRed

In a match where we scored 6 and created a shit ton of chances, what did he actually do ?
Just a bit surprised, didn't think he was much involved, keeps holding on to the ball for too long
This. He holds onto the bal lfor too long then suddenly he has three players surrounding him and there's not much he can do.

He didn't play that well today, in my opinion. I'm not having a go or anything because I'm a big fans of his.

Opened up a ridiculous amount of space for us with his dribbling, he would attract three players and beat them and send someone off in the middle. Literally can't remember him not completing a dribble. Agreed he should've just shot or passed a few times when he was closer to the box instead of holding the ball but I still thought he was excellent.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm glad he's getting praised because I actually didn't think he was all that today

Still love him though

Vaibhav Raj

He terrorised opposition defenders with those sharp shoulder drops and runs. Clearly was on song today and it was a shame he doesn't have a goal to show for it.

DoomSlayer

Baller. Glad he got subbed, needs to rest and be properly managed, we need him to be at 100% fitness wise.

lex talionis

A fantastic performance by Marcus today, yet in all the big moments of the game bar the foul that led to the pk that Marcus wasn’t an integral part.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Bruno n Rashford are our stand out players.

However we have a good supporting cast in Martial, Greenwood, Cavani, Pogba (when he wants to be), VDB,

Really exciting time as a Utd fan again. It's best I have felt since Fergie's days. We have genuine attacking class in us and we are close to the top spot at Xmas day.

Dante

Average bang
He ran the game in the attacking third.

An incredibly mature performance in terms of decision making and taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Just lacking end product on the day.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He ran the game in the attacking third.

An incredibly mature performance in terms of decision making and taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Just lacking end product on the day.
Yeah, I agree. We scored six, Rashford had a really good game, and yet wasn’t involved in any of the goals directly. That’s actually a reassuring sign.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He is the player who terrifies the opposition the most. They try to focus on stopping him which opens up more space for others.

Superunknown

These two posts sum up my thoughts on him today. Looked brilliant, but getting a goal would have been the icing on the cake. Top player, though.

UncleBob

Opened up a ridiculous amount of space for us with his dribbling, he would attract three players and beat them and send someone off in the middle. Literally can't remember him not completing a dribble. Agreed he should've just shot or passed a few times when he was closer to the box instead of holding the ball but I still thought he was excellent.
Bit of a stretch, imo. Kept beating players, but didn't really do anything, not close to having a end product to show for it and is barely involved in any of the chances we created, yet he apparently "ran the game in the attacking third". Every single time he got close to the box his first instinct was to line up the angle for a shot, holds the ball holds the ball holds the ball, either gets off a shot or he rolls it to a teammate when the opening is gone. Not sure how many times he ignored the runs made in behind because he wanted to shoot.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Feck me he's just an absolute joy to watch. He has insane skills with the ball in his feet it's just fun watching him running with the ball. He's a great entertainer.
He is starting to use his hips to move defenders, swirling round the ball but not touching it to off balance players. Great to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.