5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

I am sure that Ole was not pleased about it. He did mention about poor decision making too. I think he put him on the bench for that but Martial and Greenwood fecked it up by being horrible.

-Supreme-

Ole really needs to drill into him what he needs to do at the end of games. This is the second time in recent games where we've had a one goal lead and he's done exceedingly stupid things to give away the ball in injury time at a time he should be running to the corner and holding on to it. It'll end up costing us at some point.
I'd be really worried if he needs Ole to drill into him on some basic stuff such as this, we shouldn't expect a high calibre youth player doing it repeatedly (must admit I don't remember the first time he did this), let alone Rashford who has had over 300 appearances for both club and country.

UnitedChampionsAgain

He really does have the look of a player who only ambles onto the pitch because it's his job.
I'd hate to see how unhappy he'd look if he wasn't being paid.

He really does have the look of a player who only ambles onto the pitch because it's his job.
Definitely.

It's so strange though, because for a long time his mentality, enthusiasm and work-rate were the things that never dropped. Even when he was going through one of his rough spells, he worked like a maniac. He was also a lot more vocal and expressive on the pitch.

HowieC

He takes so long to think, and his touch is often poor, he prevents us from building up play. Look at the smooth play between martial, cavani and bruno, esp the play that lead to cavanis header.

Rashford would either run into an alley or stand over the ball and waste time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He takes so long to think, and his touch is often poor, he prevents us from building up play. Look at the smooth play between martial, cavani and bruno, esp the play that lead to cavanis header.

Rashford would either run into an alley or stand over the ball and waste time.
:lol:

Threesus

You know when 'pool fans say that we believe we have the greatest team ever, we should guide them to this thread. Reading some of these replies, you would think he is not even good enough for the championship!

HowieC

You know when 'pool fans say that we believe we have the greatest team ever, we should guide them to this thread. Reading some of these replies, you would think he is not even good enough for the championship!
Wonder why that is. Could it be a massive conspiracy, or an alliance of people who hate kids school lunches?

Maybe Big Martial (the fc martial lobby) paid fans off to offer criticism of rashy on his freaking performances thread.

Or maybe fans are able to use their eyes during matches?

roonster09

Scout
He is just agenda fan boy, should just laugh at them and move on.

Plymouth Red

Rashford was interviewed around the time of the Burnley game and this was a direct quote from him.

"Talking about balancing football and his new initiative, Rashford said, "I think for me it's two separate things. They are two things that I have a lot of desire and feel strongly about and I always said from the beginning that if I feel that I can do both then why not try and do it and that's it basically, it's all about focus."

"If I can focus on football when I'm at football and still do my analysis work when I'm at home and still have time to be involved helping these children then you know that's what I'd want, that's what I'd choose to do," he added."

I can't imagine there is another player in the top league who is trying to split themselves in two in this way. Now SAF has praised his efforts on top of the general media positivity around him, which includes the hour-long BBC documentary on 21 December, it must be nigh on impossible for the club to manage his non-football activities so they don't negatively impact his resting time and match preparation.

He's on record recently tweeting that he had to end discussions about food parcel quality as he had to get ready for an evening match. While the cause is worthy, from his employer's perspective, it's not ideal to have him dealing with the national press and government when you're trying to win the PL.

It's a tough one but I find it hard to believe that a young man from a modest background can do all of this, win awards, receive Royal recognition and then give his best on the pitch. Physically, mentally and psychologically, you'd expect something to give.

There are the finest of margins around what he does on the pitch and when I watch him currently, he's on the wrong side of them regularly.

Everyone supports what he's trying to change nationally. Equally, everyone knows he can be a match winner. But anyone can see he's not playing well by the standards he has already shown he is capable of.

He may have peaked in terms of the development of his game. He may be mentally exhausted or physically drained. He may be overconfident due to the pedestal he's been put on. Whatever the cause, let's hope he and Ole can sort it quickly because we will definitely need much more from him in all respects in the remainder of the season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd like to see him tried centrally again next season if possible. If he can improve his hold up play and link play then he could be very dangerous through the middle with his pace and goal threat. He's a player I feel you need closer to goal especially against teams who defend deep in numbers and his shooting ability could see him score 20+ regularly.

automaticflare

I think he is a player you have to play into form. The problem is Martial and Greenwood have also been pants this season which makes us look toothless at times.

I do agree with earlier poster who said he feels like his work rate has dropped off.

I wish he would just do that more. This might be controversial but model his game off vardy. Do all the dog work and chasing and horrible stuff and his natural pace and skill will nearly make him unplayable.

dinostar77

Some complacency may have crept into his game but thats for Ole to fix. Unfortunately Ole doesnt always drop out of form players. Hes too loyal at times to the core of the squad he trusts.

Anyway hopefully next season there will be more competition for the wide slots with Pellestri and Diallo and some of our wide forwards will have to knuckle down and perform.

Dont see Rashford as a centre forward personally. When you see Cavani play his movement and holdup play, you realise just how much Rashford and Martial have to learn and improve to be considered a centre forward. I reckon the staff at the club think the same hence stories of us looking for a long term no9.

Swiss_Red89

Wonder why that is. Could it be a massive conspiracy, or an alliance of people who hate kids school lunches?

Maybe Big Martial (the fc martial lobby) paid fans off to offer criticism of rashy on his freaking performances thread.

Or maybe fans are able to use their eyes during matches?
I feel every second post in this thread from you includes Martial in some way or another. What's the point?

You are not wrong with some of your critisism for Rashford, but i really feel that you mostly focus on the things to critisise Rashford. A thing you definitely don't do with Martial, who you often bring into comparison. With him you focus mostly on the positive aspects i feel.

I think you have to balance it out a bit otherwise you will receive more laughing smiles from other posters ;-)

Man Utd 3:2 Liverpool

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Please keep him on LW. Don't shift him to shoehorn Martial.

Class performance.

Frank White

Much better tonight. Beautiful pass to Greenwood and took his chance with very good composure.

Can't wait for Howie and the boys to come in later and try flip this performance into a negative.

slored1

Should never be shoehorned to the right. He's our best forward on the left and is ridiculous when on fire, he schools Trent every time.

roonster09

Scout

His pass was exact copy of Rooney's pass to Giggs for first goal.

united for life

We live and learn. One of the things we learnt today is that Rashford is a left winger. Don’t play him on the right. It’s ok, Martial can sit on the bench and rotate as a striker or LW. There is no justification for shifting Marcus to the right. His performance today was excellent

el3mel

His best match since ages. Looked fantastic in first half, and deserved his goal.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He is so good, really hope his injury is not serious.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Silly that we put him on the right... I know it's needs must, but he's just clearly a far, far better player on the left

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Hope he’s ok, was great today.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Really good. The rest helped him.

MU655

Best performance for a while. Better decision making and not getting caught offside. Also, great finish.

His problems recently have been those, but today he had none of that nonsense. Hoopefully he is not injured.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
excellent. first half, the front 3 looked like a unit for the first time this season.

Jev

Brilliant today. But as someone else mentioned, there is something about his attitude that worries me slightly. He used to show a lot of enthusiasm and emotion on the pitch but now he looks surly and uninterested. Pretty low-key reaction to what was potentially a game-winning goal against Liverpool. Although if he keeps playing like today, it's not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.