5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank White

I am a little confused about Rashford's assists statistic: some sites mention 6 although Rolaholic says it is 10. Which one is correct?
Transfermarkt has him down with 10. 8 coming in the Prem and one each in the Caraboa and FA cup but a lot have him with 7. 5 prem and 2 coming from the respective domestic cups.

Putting up some very respectable numbers this year. Hopefully he can carry it on in the 2nd half of the season.

Zoo

Absolute rubbish. Possibly the worst he’s ever played for us. Didn’t look interested at all.

Bojan11

Not just his performance was crap. But his work rate is shambolic. Cavani puts him and Martial to shame.

Kuba

Worst player on the pitch by a mile everything he did was wrong

Mike Smalling

Genuinely forgot he was playing at times. Complete crap. He is no good against teams playing a low block.

Zero effort, for the 20th time this season.

Doesn't press, doesn't track runners, does zero defensive work, bottles 50/50s, doesn't even ATTEMPT to contest headers, off-ball movement is 'when he feels like it'.

Cheating his teammates.

Don't care about his the 'but his numbers' argument at this point. Being better than Martial (which he certainly has been) isn't a credit to him. His lack of basic effort is unacceptable. He picks and chooses his matches. More than any player I can remember, you can literally tell in the first few minutes of any match if he's 'up for it'.

When he's 'off it' you can guarantee him always taking the easy option - hence the stupid flicks, sideways passes, and attempted one-twos to nobody instead of actually committing his man and running at defenders.

Last edited:

Idxomer

He isn't as good he thinks he is.

He's been lazy and half-assing it this season in most games.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Another very poor performance & his lack of work rate is becoming annoying. He needs a few games starting on the bench to make him realise he’s not undroppable.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Typical Rashford performance when a team sits deep.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I mean he’s a top player with a Sunday league first touch. He’s learnt to not even try and control the ball and is now doing these horrendous lay-offs and flicks.

acnumber9

Completely anonymous. Games like this where he may as well not be there are a massive problem for a team that relay on two or three players winning us games.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Easily the worst I've ever seen him play. His pass completion % genuinely must be below 50%.

El Jefe

He was fecking awful but Ole had to take off Martial and leave Rashford on the left and maybe bring on Mata for the right. That move essentially made us toothless on both wings.

He has many games like today which tend to get glossed over by his stats.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Both him & Martial were so so bad . It annoys me so much that when they are bad they don't even press or do anything

el3mel

So fecking poor. Don't remember a single right ball he played throughout the entire game.

Foxbatt

He isn't as good he thinks he is.

He's been lazy and half-assing it this season in most games.
This is the problem. He plays once in a blue moon like the game against Liverpool and all the English pundits make him as he was Ronaldo and Messi rolled into one.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Moody performance. Up and down all the time. Does he enjoy football ? some games it looks like he simply cannot be arsed with it.

MattofManchester

He was poor, but why do we never play to his strengths?

City do it very well with Mahrez and Sterling.

Rashford is best running directly at one or two players, but against teams like Sheffield there's always four or five on that side.

Why is there no plan to stretch the opposition so that he can run at players?

I fail to understand what he's supposed to do sometimes.

At the same time, why does he never challenge for a fecking header??

GMoore23

Really needs a grounding from the manager. He honestly thinks he's prime C Ronaldo out there when in reality he's not even half the player and I'm completely fecked off with it.
He's forgotten what got him to where he is. Hard fecking Work.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
4 forwards and 3 are gutless in the air. Pointless putting in crosses sometimes.

PoTMS

Think he's gotten way too arrogant on the pitch. Needs to be put down to earth, difficult to do when he's understandably currently England's sweetheart.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I can forgive a poor performance but what he did in the 56th minutes in our LB area was shocking. He just stood there watching and made absolutely no effort to help the players trying to win the ball back. @GifLord can maybe kindly share the clip.

Classical Mechanic

Hate to say it but his defensive work ethic isn’t good enough. That McGoldrick chance came from him giving up on his defensive duty and leaving Maguire in a 2v1. he was really close to the play too. It’s something that’s becoming more of a feature with him.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I can forgive a poor performance but what he did in the 56th minutes in our LB area was shocking. He just stood there watching and made absolutely no effort to help the players trying to win the ball back. @GifLord can maybe kindly share the clip.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Rashford has to be injured because there is no other excuse for his performance now. His workrate has dropped massively this season. He hardly even competes for first ball and doesn't track back. Cavani probably presses more than Martial and Rashford combined.

redom

If he sticks that early chance in the bottom corner I think we have a comfortable night, needs to be more ruthless and sharp in and around the box.

Born2Lose

Pointless in games like this he barely does any defensive work, can't cross and doesn't like playing against teams playing deep.

In games like this his main role seems to be holding the ball up while the full back runs past him.

el3mel

Hate to say it but his defensive work ethic isn’t good enough. That McGoldrick chance came from him giving up on his defensive duty and leaving Maguire in a 2v1. he was really close to the play too. It’s something that’s becoming more of a feature with him.
Rashford has become extremely lazy in his work rate. This has been the case for a long time. He just doesn't assist in defending and doesn't work that hard off the ball anymore. I like him a lot, but last time I think he was really a hard worker off the ball and in defensive situation was probably in 2017 or 2018.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Terrible today. Well, more invisible than terrible. Strange player.

Pughnichi

Cheers.

That looks even worse watching it again. Worst player on the pitch and the quicker we get someone to genuinely threaten his spot in the team the better IMO.
his competition should be Martial.

neither are competent strikers. Neither should at any point be shoehorned in on the right.

Between them, whoever is feeling the least lazy and on form, should be starting as the inside left fwd with Cavani and/or Greenwood up top.

Heinzesight

Great player of course, got it all in his locker but he has some truly awful traits. He consistently let’s full backs waltz past him and we see, if we are lucky, a dangled out leg. Where’s the drive gone? Even in interviews after a win he just seems pretty morose.

Him being generally flat footed or walking when defending...an air of arrogance or carrying an injury?

So frustrating as we know what talent he has but the bad is starting to outweigh the good.

Status
Not open for further replies.