Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just play him on the fecking left it’s clearly his best position. I don’t understand Ole shunning him out to the right hand side just to accommodate Martial who’s been utter shite for the most part, makes even less sense when Rashford has easily been our most productive forward this season.
Martial didn't start against Arsenal, for some strange reason he played pogba there instead.

But I agree with your overall point.

Frank White

Think of it as more of a reaction to Rashfords performance against Arsenal, rather than a reward for someone else, and it's not like Rashford stood out with a positive performance against Sheffield either.

I've always maintained that i want Rashford to make better decisions with the ball, after his FA cup performance against Liverpool i hoped he was on the right path, with an excellent balance between selfishness and picking the right pass, but then it was back to 0 again. For me, it's baffling that a player prefers to hold on to the ball and attempt to go past en extra player instead of instantly setting up his teammates in a 2 vs 1 situation.
That's fair enough but like I've said his replacements are playing the exact same but without Rashford's input towards goals regardless of his patchy performances.

Genuinely can't remember Martial's last game where he was better than "not good but not bad" at least Greenwood had the Pool game to refer too where he was decent.

romufc

I cannot understand how players cannot play more than 1 position in the attacking third. At the moment, Rashford can only play on the left in counter attacking teams.

Its so frustrating to see that he has not progressed as much as we would like. He cannot take a player on, he cannot pass, he cannot shoot at the moment. It is a big concern for us.

We can call if lack of confidence etc.. the worrying thing is the lack of effort is not there either like Martial.

Frank White

I cannot understand how players cannot play more than 1 position in the attacking third. At the moment, Rashford can only play on the left in counter attacking teams.

Its so frustrating to see that he has not progressed as much as we would like. He cannot take a player on, he cannot pass, he cannot shoot at the moment. It is a big concern for us.

We can call if lack of confidence etc.. the worrying thing is the lack of effort is not there either like Martial.
That's just not true though... As proven by the Liverpool game where he played a fantastic pass to Mason and scored a decent goal with some nice composure too. The lack of consistency is worrying though but can you say anyone outside of Shaw and Bruno have been consistent in their performances?

As for the rest it's not like he's incapable of playing right wing but he's just no where near as effective and honestly makes no sense in doing it to accommodate players who are playing just as bad with next to no input on games. Either play him LW or leave him on the bench problem is who do we play there instead?

romufc

That's just not true though... As proven by the Liverpool game where he played a fantastic pass to Mason and scored a decent goal with some nice composure too. The lack of consistency is worrying though but can you say anyone outside of Shaw and Bruno have been consistent in their performances?

As for the rest it's not like he's incapable of playing right wing but he's just no where near as effective and honestly makes no sense in doing it to accommodate players who are playing just as bad with next to no input on games. Either play him LW or leave him on the bench problem is who do we play there instead?
Again, his pass to Mason was a counter attack, so it is true. Marcus is only effective for us in counter attack situations. When the defence sits back, he has no guile, how many times does he run into players with a heavy touch and we lose all momentum?

No one is a professional football if there are incapable of playing different formations, iRashford can only play on the left.

Rashford on the right is sacrificing 2 positions, the RW and the LW. At least having him on the left at least we have one wing with someone comfortable than both uncomfortable.

Greenwood, Mata, James can all play RW.

Frank White

Again, his pass to Mason was a counter attack, so it is true. Marcus is only effective for us in counter attack situations. When the defence sits back, he has no guile, how many times does he run into players with a heavy touch and we lose all momentum?

No one is a professional football if there are incapable of playing different formations, iRashford can only play on the left.

Rashford on the right is sacrificing 2 positions, the RW and the LW. At least having him on the left at least we have one wing with someone comfortable than both uncomfortable.

Greenwood, Mata, James can all play RW.
Didn't say he doesn't thrive in a counter attacking setup, are full team does. I was replying to you saying he can't pass, shoot, dribble etc...

Again like I said he's not incapable of playing there but on the left he's far more effective, there's not many players who are equally effective across a front three as they are if they play in their natural/favourite position if you can think of any would be happy to read your list.

UncleBob

That's fair enough but like I've said his replacements are playing the exact same but without Rashford's input towards goals regardless of his patchy performances.

Genuinely can't remember Martial's last game where he was better than "not good but not bad" at least Greenwood had the Pool game to refer too where he was decent.
Rashford has scored 1 goal the past month,2 assists, 9 matches.

For me, his decision making has been absolutely atrocious lately. The chance to put Martial and Fred 2 vs 1 against Robertson, Cavani on a one on one...The Arsenal match...Making the right decision in crucial moments of the game can either win or lose us points, and the situations against Liverpool and Arsenal could've landed us the win.

For me, it's a problem and Rashford needs to improve his awareness and decision making. If Ole is happy with Rashfords inability to pass the ball due to his overall contributions this season, then he's happy with it and he'll continue to start.

romufc

Didn't say he doesn't thrive in a counter attacking setup, are full team does. I was replying to you saying he can't pass, shoot, dribble etc...

Again like I said he's not incapable of playing there but on the left he's far more effective, there's not many players who are equally effective across a front three as they are if they play in their natural/favourite position if you can think of any would be happy to read your list.
Yes, the top teams and players also are able to adapt their games. I am not saying Rashford cannot do that, he is struggling to at the moment. I remember an inform Rashford takes players on and isnt hesitating on which way to go. He is playing within himself but I do not know why.

Most players are so good at their position, the manager wouldn't switch them unless its required.

If you look at the likes of Jota, CHO, Neto, Mane, Sterling, Foden, Grealish have all played various roles this season and are comfortable with both,

Silverman

What about playing him down the middle for a while and let him try and get on the end of things. He's not working on the wings atm.

Djemba-Djemba

He's struggled for consistency in performances all season. Sometimes he looks incredible like Leipzig at home or Liverpool last week in the cup but then other times he plays terribly like the last two games.

It's frustrating because he has all the tools to be a truly world class player, he just needs to sort it out properly.

Acole9

Outstanding
Going ahead of Cantona on the all time goal scoring record is a big deal. If he stays fit, stays at a high level and enjoys his football you wouldn't put it past him to break Rooney's record.

Frank White

Much better tonight even outside of the goal and his contribution towards the OG thought his closing down was much more effective and wasn't as sloppy with some of his passes. Good game from the lad.

mu4c_20le

His confidence is back, you can see it in his body language. He moves more fluidly now.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Great performance and even better post-match interview. Great player, top bloke. Well on his way to legend status.

Banana Republic

A great first half and showed real intent for a change.
I’m a big critic but I have to say he played an excellent half.
Second half he started to return to type and began to make poor decisions, wrong passes and was giving the ball away.
No doubt Ole wanted to save him for the next game, but the substitution was made at the right time, before he became a lead weight again.
Hopefully he’ll be fired up for the next game, which will be a lot tougher.

el3mel

Played very well tonight. I really like him on he's on form. He just needs to be more consistent.

Dante

Average bang
He's averaged a goal or assist ever 93 minutes this season according to Transfermarkt.

He has been consistent for United. But for some reason he takes the brunt of the criticism whenever the team drops points. Hopefully he'll get the credit he deserves today.

Swiss_Red89

He's averaged a goal or assist ever 93 minutes this season according to Transfermarkt.

He has been consistent for United. But for some reason he takes the brunt of the criticism whenever the team drops points. Hopefully he'll get the credit he deserves today.
You can tell he had a good game when his thread is relatively quite in comparison to when had a bad game;-)

Today i was specially pleased with his attitude. He showed more effort in pressing, challenged for headers and was willing to take players on. I've no doubt about his quality, but i'm started to get a bit concerned about is demotivated look and effort recently.

Last edited:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Had no idea he could overtake the king today. What a day to be alive!

Sylar

Was worried when Cavani put him through and he decided to cut back. Thought this was gonna be a long night

Thankfully involved in a few of our goals today and played well going from left to right and mixing it up with Mason

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Performances. Stats don’t tell everything, even goal and assist ones. He needs to crack on from this now.

acnumber9

How quiet this thread is after he plays well compared to when he plays poorly says a lot.

Mike Smalling

I think it's worth noting that he has now equaled his non-penalty goal tally from last season (15). If he was still our penalty taker, he would probably be on the way to a 30 goal season. Obviously it's been up and down for him this season, but he does seem to be improving his output.

GazTheLegend

How quiet this thread is after he plays well compared to when he plays poorly says a lot.
He's a great player and a fantastic human being and he's having a good season. If people are critical (on my part at least) it's out of love because he could be the best player in the world and we want him to make it. Ironically it's finding that absolutely ruthless streak he needs of scoring goals in the tight 0-0's against the big boys that will elevate him but he's just outscored Cantona and he's 23 years old so surely he will become a club legend.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He plays on the left again, and lo and behold he has a great game. Although according to some on here the fact that he was playing on the right wasn't the issue. Let's stop with playing him on the right from now on. We tried it, it failed.

acnumber9

He's a great player and a fantastic human being and he's having a good season. If people are critical (on my part at least) it's out of love because he could be the best player in the world and we want him to make it. Ironically it's finding that absolutely ruthless streak he needs of scoring goals in the tight 0-0's against the big boys that will elevate him but he's just outscored Cantona and he's 23 years old so surely he will become a club legend.
We’ve been poor in general in the big games this season and he has to take his share of responsibility for that. He did score against every team in the top six last season, with winners against Chelsea and Spurs and the opening goals against Liverpool and City. This season he has the winner against PSG. He needs to improve in those big games but he’s probably still our best big game performer as it stands.

romufc

He plays on the left again, and lo and behold he has a great game. Although according to some on here the fact that he was playing on the right wasn't the issue. Let's stop with playing him on the right from now on. We tried it, it failed.
He scored the goal when he was central, Greenwood was on the left for that move.

He got the cross in when he was on the right.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
This isn't a comment on you personally because I haven't seen any of your posts, but that's a very charitable way of looking at some of the stuff people say about him on here.

UncleBob

Weird claim..He kept changing positions with Greenwood. Swapped over to the right wing after the odd 20 something mins. Both his goal and the cross which resulted in an own goal came when he wasn't playing left wing.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He scored the goal when he was central, Greenwood was on the left for that move.

He got the cross in when he was on the right.
You're taking this way too literal. Of course he didn't literally score a goal while he was standing on the left-wing - that would be some effort. His overall game was much improved from starting out there. He may not even have been in that position if he had started from the right.

He's clearly much better on the left. It's just objectively true.

Status
Not open for further replies.