5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBob

I'm not confusing anything! :lol: You also seem to be playing a game of semantics at this point. Which is, as you like to say, "weird".

As for the bold, absolute irony at its best.

Also, this isn't really what you started blabbering about initially. You were implying that because he scored a goal in the centre position and crossed one ball from the right, it negates my point about his best position being on the left. You know, where he played for the vast majority of this game (or half in this case).

For some unknown reason to man, you can't comprehend it. I honestly don't know why.
Not entirely sure what you're confusing as semantics, surely it can't be that difficult to understand the difference between what you're claiming i've written and what my actual quotes are. Same goes for the bolded part.

I've already explained exactly what i mean, yet you're still trying to pretend that it's something entirely different.

Stacks

I think a lot of people forget that he’s still so young, given that he’s been around for so many years already. To be doing what he’s doing at 23 both on and off the pitch is amazing, and still yet to reach his peak for another 3-4 years too, can’t wait to watch him develop further!
As Jose says there's the young and then there's the "young". I don't look at Rashy as a young player simply because he is actually one of our experienced senior players. When Ronaldo was 23 winning player of the year and Messi was winning world player of the year we never saw them as young players. They were leaders of their teams. Ronaldo went to Real for world record fee at 24 and was not regarded a youngster. He was bought to lead the team to trophies.
Players who break through as teens peak a lot earlier and don't have the normal trajectory. Peaking is not about age but about experience in that role. He could peak next year or year after that. I doubt it will take him 8 years to peak. Thats very long if you consider how many games would be played in that period.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Not entirely sure what you're confusing as semantics, surely it can't be that difficult to understand the difference between what you're claiming i've written and what my actual quotes are. Same goes for the bolded part.

I've already explained exactly what i mean, yet you're still trying to pretend that it's something entirely different.
You're on the wind-up mate. This is what you said to my original comment when I was saying about how his best position is clearly on the left. Which it is.

Weird claim..He kept changing positions with Greenwood. Swapped over to the right wing after the odd 20 something mins. Both his goal and the cross which resulted in an own goal came when he wasn't playing left wing.
The fact that his goal did not literally come from the left-wing does not disprove my claim that his best position is on the left. You know, where he played for the vast majority of the game yesterday. And where he's played over 120 games, with over 40 goals. And guess what? Not all those goals were actually scored while standing out on the left-wing. In fact, probably none of them were. But due to the fact that that position clearly plays to his strengths and he's able to create and find space that gets him into positions to score goals, something he struggles to do from the right, would indicate it's his best position.

Yet you said my claim was "weird" because he crossed one ball from the right-wing, and wasn't there when he scored. You make it sound like he spent an equal amount of time on the right, as he did on the left. Which he didn't. I'm talking about his overall performance.

And one more time, because you're really, really struggling with this one. I'm not just basing it on the Southhampton game. I happened to comment on that game because it was the most recent one. Strange to comment on a game we just played, I know.

DevTheRed

As Jose says there's the young and then there's the "young". I don't look at Rashy as a young player simply because he is actually one of our experienced senior players. When Ronaldo was 23 winning player of the year and Messi was winning world player of the year we never saw them as young players. They were leaders of their teams. Ronaldo went to Real for world record fee at 24 and was not regarded a youngster. He was bought to lead the team to trophies.
Players who break through as teens peak a lot earlier and don't have the normal trajectory. Peaking is not about age but about experience in that role. He could peak next year or year after that. I doubt it will take him 8 years to peak. Thats very long if you consider how many games would be played in that period.
I don’t look at Rashford the same way I look at Greenwood, I just mean being only 23 he clearly can still learn a lot about his own game and vastly improve, and to be doing what he is doing at 23 I think is quite incredible. I agree that he is one our more experienced players in terms of appearances for the club, but in terms of general football experience/knowledge he clearly still has a lot to learn about his own overall game.

You’re comparing Rashford to the achievements of two of the best ever players to play the game, so it’s probably understandable why Messi and Ronaldo are an anomaly when it comes to comparing them to other players.

I’d say peaking is about experience in a specific role as well as being in peak physical and mental condition, which he will be in towards his mid-late twenties, which like I said will be in 3-4 years, not 8.

UncleBob

You're on the wind-up mate. This is what you said to my original comment when I was saying about how his best position is clearly on the left. Which it is.

The fact that his goal did not literally come from the left-wing does not disprove my claim that his best position is on the left. You know, where he played for the vast majority of the game yesterday. And where he's played over 120 games, with over 40 goals. And guess what? Not all those goals were actually scored while standing out on the left-wing. In fact, probably none of them were. But due to the fact that that position clearly plays to his strengths and he's able to create and find space that gets him into positions to score goals, something he struggles to do from the right, would indicate it's his best position.

Yet you said my claim was "weird" because he crossed one ball from the right-wing, and wasn't there when he scored. You make it sound like he spent an equal amount of time on the right, as he did on the left. Which he didn't. I'm talking about his overall performance.

And one more time, because you're really, really struggling with this one. I'm not just basing it on the Southhampton game. I happened to comment on that game because it was the most recent one. Strange to comment on a game we just played, I know.
There's a few, or more, basic concepts that you seem to struggle with. Such as the difference between "Position X is Player Y best position" and "This match shows Position X is Player Y's best.

He plays on the left again, and lo and behold he has a great game. Although according to some on here the fact that he was playing on the right wasn't the issue. Let's stop with playing him on the right from now on. We tried it, it failed.
Feel free to quote me where i've disagreed, on a general basis, that Rashfords best position is on the left. What i've disagreed with, and stated all along, is the use of the Southampton match as evidence. I have a niggling feeling that there's not much point in debating the tactics in the match either :lol:

Perhaps it would be better if you actually paid attention to what is written, for once.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
There's a few, or more, basic concepts that you seem to struggle with. Such as the difference between "Position X is Player Y best position" and "This match shows Position X is Player Y's best.

Feel free to quote me where i've disagreed, on a general basis, that Rashfords best position is on the left. What i've disagreed with, and stated all along, is the use of the Southampton match as evidence. I have a niggling feeling that there's not much point in debating the tactics in the match either :lol:

Perhaps it would be better if you actually paid attention to what is written, for once.
Right, this is probably the 5th (?) time I'm going to mention that I'm not basing it solely on the Southhampton game. IT WAS THE MOST RECENT GAME, so of course, I'm going to lead with it. Seriously, how many times can this be stated? Also, the Southampton game does nothing to contradict my claim, anyway! :lol:

A claim that you can't fully comprehend. How can you be so dense? Seriously, it's bizarre. Basically, what has happened, you assumed I was using this game, and this game only, to make my point. When I pointed out that I wasn't, you've tied yourself up in knots trying to back up your (illogical) point, instead of just saying "ok, fair enough" and moving on.

As for the bold, what would be the point in debating the tactics of the game with you, considering your understanding of them appears to be extremely rudimentary. I am trying to pay attention to what your writing, but you're being incredibly disingenuous. Constantly saying I'm basing all this on one game for a start, despite me denying it every time!

Anyway, I just realized how fecking boring you - and this "debate" - is. Don't bother replying because I won't see it because, and I never do this, but you're going on ignore. I don't think I've talked to a more dense, disingenuous guy on here! :lol:

And let's be honest, your posting on here isn't exactly going to be missed judging by the ones I've read. Fecking hell :lol:

What a waste of time all this was.

See ya!

Drainy

23, one of the all time top scorers, great assister too, played with a partially fractured back and caused a double stress fraction, been playing with a shoulder injury and still been our 2nd top scorer and one of the best attacking outlets for the team...

But still not enough for some people

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I think a lot of people forget that he’s still so young, given that he’s been around for so many years already. To be doing what he’s doing at 23 both on and off the pitch is amazing, and still yet to reach his peak for another 3-4 years too, can’t wait to watch him develop further!
Time is on his side, so Marcus has the chance to develop into a player that is a winner and nothing else. However, he currently has 160 club caps and 40 for his country. For most players that's plenty of time to improve their decision making in the final third.

My opinion is Marcus needs to realize he is simply not as good as he thinks when it comes to dribbling or taking on a team (Neymar, CR7, Hazard). He is a lethal player when direct. Take the early shot, the early assist, run into space and just pass or shoot.

Be direct and realize your job is to feed the team.

stw2022

The whole “he showed the haters” because he played well vibe is hilarious. Nobody who thinks he needs to step up his game massively never thought he wasn’t ever capable of playing well. It’s just that occasionally playing well isn’t what people expect from a top player.

Lingard scored twice so he’s probably just as good as Sancho now too.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't mind his composure. Maybe he should take more risk but I think it's a fine line and you're only right if every decision you makes the right one. Looking at his numbers, the only issues injury., Last season, he was quality up until the injury and that cost us. People talk about the semis we've lost but Rashfords form was top drawer and his record against big teams as we know is good. Ronaldo and Messi have driven people mad with perfection but if Rashford can stay fit and improve bit by bit then he'll go down as one of Uniteds best.

Players are never 100% fit. Some play even with injuries. We have to understand that but the team can offer him support by helping him create the space to attack.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I don't mind his composure. Maybe he should take more risk but I think it's a fine line and you're only right if every decision you makes the right one. Looking at his numbers, the only issues injury., Last season, he was quality up until the injury and that cost us. People talk about the semis we've lost but Rashfords form was top drawer and his record against big teams as we know is good. Ronaldo and Messi have driven people mad with perfection but if Rashford can stay fit and improve bit by bit then he'll go down as one of Uniteds best.

Players are never 100% fit. Some play even with injuries. We have to understand that but the team can offer him support by helping him create the space to attack.
Just imagine Grealish feeding him passes! Wow

UncleBob

Right, this is probably the 5th (?) time I'm going to mention that I'm not basing it solely on the Southhampton game. IT WAS THE MOST RECENT GAME, so of course, I'm going to lead with it. Seriously, how many times can this be stated? Also, the Southampton game does nothing to contradict my claim, anyway! :lol:

A claim that you can't fully comprehend. How can you be so dense? Seriously, it's bizarre. Basically, what has happened, you assumed I was using this game, and this game only, to make my point. When I pointed out that I wasn't, you've tied yourself up in knots trying to back up your (illogical) point, instead of just saying "ok, fair enough" and moving on.

As for the bold, what would be the point in debating the tactics of the game with you, considering your understanding of them appears to be extremely rudimentary. I am trying to pay attention to what your writing, but you're being incredibly disingenuous. Constantly saying I'm basing all this on one game for a start, despite me denying it every time!

Anyway, I just realized how fecking boring you - and this "debate" - is. Don't bother replying because I won't see it because, and I never do this, but you're going on ignore. I don't think I've talked to a more dense, disingenuous guy on here! :lol:

And let's be honest, your posting on here isn't exactly going to be missed judging by the ones I've read. Fecking hell :lol:

What a waste of time all this was.

See ya!
You strike me as rather odd, and i'm not entirely sure why you're claiming that i'm incredibly disingenuous, especially considering you've not managed once to give an accurate account of what i've actually written.

He plays on the left again, and lo and behold he has a great game. Although according to some on here the fact that he was playing on the right wasn't the issue. Let's stop with playing him on the right from now on. We tried it, it failed.
You're taking this way too literal. Of course he didn't literally score a goal while he was standing on the left-wing - that would be some effort. His overall game was much improved from starting out there. He may not even have been in that position if he had started from the right.

He's clearly much better on the left. It's just objectively true.
I'm not arguing against the fact that Rashford is better on the left, as far as i can tell i never have. What i've argued against is the portrait you're trying to paint, the concept that against Southampton he was finally played left and naturally his performance is great, time to stop the experiments etc.

Not entirely sure why you find it so difficult to stick to what people actually write, instead of your own fantasy

stw2022

Playing well should be though.
Absolutely. But it’s possible for a player who has not been playing well to have a good game and it not immediately negate all criticism. Top players should play well consistently. A poor performance should be more noticeable and notable than an good one.

With Rashford it seems to be the other way round. People lose their sh*t when he plays well not realising that by doing this they just highlight how rare these occurrences are.

If he can kick on, great. But nobody will be betting their drinking money on him not spending the next two games running into dead ends, losing the ball constantly and looking like a FIFA player controlled by someone’s mum who hasn’t worked out which button does a pass yet.

Until those performances stop becoming the sort of performances even his biggest cheerleaders half expect to see then criticisms will probably continue.

acnumber9

Absolutely. But it’s possible for a player who has not been playing well to have a good game and it not immediately negate all criticism. Top players should play well consistently. A poor performance should be more noticeable and notable than an good one.

With Rashford it seems to be the other way round. People lose their sh*t when he plays well not realising that by doing this they just highlight how rare these occurrences are.

If he can kick on, great. But nobody will be betting their drinking money on him not spending the next two games running into dead ends, losing the ball constantly and looking like a FIFA player controlled by someone’s mum who hasn’t worked out which button does a pass yet.

Until those performances stop becoming the sort of performances even his biggest cheerleaders half expect to see then criticisms will probably continue.
Rashford is outperforming his peers currently. Comfortably. I think United fans need to watch other players a little bit more and appreciate the few really good players we actually have rather than acting like a spoilt twat all the time.

stw2022

Rashford is outperforming his peers currently. Comfortably. I think United fans need to watch other players a little bit more and appreciate the few really good players we actually have rather than acting like a spoilt twat all the time.
Is he? Who? Which of his peers is he comfortably out performing?

I’m sorry but the pretence that the lad who runs around with his head down into cul-de-sacs the majority of time when he plays is a top player ONLY exists because he’s an academy protégé.

Far from being an entitled twat the problem are fans who think they can get top fan brownie points by being the last to admit when an academy player won’t be the world beater we hoped early on.

somewhere there’s still someone cursing all of the “entitled twats” who doubt Welbeck will become as good as Ronaldo in time.

Anyone watching Rashford only sees a top player because that’s what they want to see. He’s a decent squad player. It actually makes his performances seem worse the fact some fans think they make themselves look like better supporters by bestowing praise on him that look ridiculous.

Judge the player you see not the player you wish he was.

acnumber9

Is he? Who? Which of his peers is he comfortably out performing?

I’m sorry but the pretence that the lad who runs around with his head down into cul-de-sacs the majority of time when he plays is a top player ONLY exists because he’s an academy protégé.

Far from being an entitled twat the problem are fans who think they can get top fan brownie points by being the last to admit when an academy player won’t be the world beater we hoped early on.

somewhere there’s still someone cursing all of the “entitled twats” who doubt Welbeck will become as good as Ronaldo in time.

Anyone watching Rashford only sees a top player because that’s what they want to see. He’s a decent squad player. It actually makes his performances seem worse the fact some fans think they make themselves look like better supporters by bestowing praise on him that look ridiculous.

Judge the player you see not the player you wish he was.
Well he’s out scoring and out assisting Mane, Son and Raheem Sterling for a start. The same number of non penalty goals as Salah too if you want to go to the other wing. Comfortably creates more for his teammates too. Who do you believe are his peers?

If you want to talk overall performances, go and watch the supposed best in his position in the Premier League a little closer.

KennyBurner

I think his best asset for us is his athleticism. He is our only quality forward that is rapid. I think Martial has slowed down which is why I dont include him. Only james and rashford are rapid in the first team but James doesn't have the quality.

I was watching a comp of him and what stood out this season is how he has improved on his dribbling and creating space while running very fast. Never thought he would add that to his game given how he always dragged the ball. He is progressing very well under Ole.

Threesus

Man, if he doesn’t score or assist tomorrow, this thread is going to get ugly. I just want the rashford who had an immense work rate under mourinho back. I don’t know if this is tactical or anything like that, but too often he leaves Shaw in 2 vs 1 situations. It’s a miracle that Shaw has been good defensively this season, since he gets no help from rashford.

You see salah and mane, and they perform their defensive responsibilities. If you are cheating on defense, you have to be decisive in attack, and Rashford is not decisive.

GoldTrafford99

GUARANTEE...

In 20 years time Man United fans will ALL - to a man and a woman - look back and say 'what a player Rashford was; one of our all-time greats" and the absolute idiots who were slaughtering him during his career on here will - 100%, no doubt about it - absolutely FORGET that they ever slaughtered him.

I tell ye what; if those of you slagging off Marcus were alive in the 60s and had a football forum to sprout your nonsense on back then - and if EVERY MATCH was shown on TV as it is now - you can be GUARANTEED there would be a very similar thread on George Best with a lot of embarrassing United fans claiming he's not good enough.

GoldTrafford99

Man, if he doesn’t score or assist tomorrow, this thread is going to get ugly. I just want the rashford who had an immense work rate under mourinho back. I don’t know if this is tactical or anything like that, but too often he leaves Shaw in 2 vs 1 situations. It’s a miracle that Shaw has been good defensively this season, since he gets no help from rashford.

You see salah and mane, and they perform their defensive responsibilities. If you are cheating on defense, you have to be decisive in attack, and Rashford is not decisive.

Don't know what you're watching, mate. But it ain't Man United games.

Marcus Rashford covers more defensive ground than both Mane and Salah. He also covered more ground than ANY OTHER MANCHESTER UNITED PLAYER, until Edison Cavani joined and started making first-team appearances. Now Rashford is second. To suggest he doesn't do his work off the ball, or help Shaw is just plainly ignoring the facts. We all watch the games, kid. We can all see with our own eyes the immense work Rashford does. What are you watching? FFS. Laughable.

And then you round off your post by saying 'Rashford is not decisive' - this is the player who has created and scored more goals by age 23 than ANY PLAYER who has ever played at our football club in our 140-year history. You literally couldn't make this shit up!

Stacks

GUARANTEE...

In 20 years time Man United fans will ALL - to a man and a woman - look back and say 'what a player Rashford was; one of our all-time greats" and the absolute idiots who were slaughtering him during his career on here will - 100%, no doubt about it - absolutely FORGET that they ever slaughtered him.

I tell ye what; if those of you slagging off Marcus were alive in the 60s and had a football forum to sprout your nonsense on back then - and if EVERY MATCH was shown on TV as it is now - you can be GUARANTEED there would be a very similar thread on George Best with a lot of embarrassing United fans claiming he's not good enough.
Only when he played drunk.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I believe myself and @Rozay discussed this very thing a few days back. It's also refreshing to hear this from Rashford.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Some truly terrible football opinions in here.

Couldn't agree more that we will look back in years to come and realise how lucky we were to have him.

Drainy

I believe myself and @Rozay discussed this very thing a few days back. It's also refreshing to hear this from Rashford.

As anyone can tell by my posting history I bloody love Rashford, but I think he's wrong here. The issue isn't people not watching football enough, if anything people are consuming more than ever.

The problem is fast food culture of instant gratification and unrealistic expectations which we can jokingly blame on FIFA and Football Manager, but really its a lack of patience and understanding plus as mentioned social media spreading highlights more than before and creating an atmosphere of negativity that feeds back into itself.

Red & White

I’m sure he usually does well against Everton? A big performance and a goal or two, please!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Indeed. I guess for a certain generation of fan, depending on when you grew up watching the games, you will always judge/connect with players differently to how it is done today.

I blame Cristiano Ronaldo personally. I always said that his greatest trick was dragging Messi into a stats race with him. In my opinion, to the naked eye it is clear as day that Messi is the better of the two, but Ronaldo was never going to accept second best, and the only way he could fight that particular battle is by making it a numbers one. Football changed from then on. But before this period, stats were certainly less significant.

Man Utd 3:3 Everton

Hoof the ball

If Marcus had ANY composure in the box at all. If he even lifted his head just for a second this side of eternity he'd have seen Cavani unmarked for more or less a tap-in, but no, he had to blast it wide didn't he? Lift your fecking head up!!

Great cross for the first goal, but that doesn't excuse his abysmal decision making when it truly matters.

UncleBob

That cross for Cavani's goal was pure filth, should be censored.

Apart from that, pretty much shit. Atrocious decision making

Lewnited

Good in moments but he's so soft, not up for the physical battle whatsoever.

Bojan11

He should have finished the chance to make it 4-2. But even then I'm not confident our defence is going to hold on.

Too much indecision going on. Takes too many touches, shoots when he should pass and passes when he should shoot.

Jev

He was a huge threat today and played well but he has to make better use of all the promising positions he gets himself into. Way too wasteful around the box.

Shark

@NotShark
Fluffed chances again to seal the deal but nowhere near as culpable as certain others.

El Jefe

DDG and Tuanzebe are rightfully getting slaughtered but Rashford should be right after them.

His wastefulness in front of goal in the last month has been pathetic. I can't count the number of times he makes the wrong decision in promising areas. He also missed an absolute sitter trying to chip the keeper when the should have just placed it in the corner.

I would say that he should be benched for until he sorts it out, but he's far better than Martial or any of our other options and to his credit still contributes but he is infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.