5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattofManchester

And like I’ve said before and you ignore, are you watching his peers? Because if you’ve watched the likes of Son, Mane or Sterling of late you’ll not be seeing better performances either.
Salah, Sterling and Mane are being considered as having average to poor seasons, yet still offer more regular threats in games.
Rashford has moments, but spends a lot of time invisible or making the wrong decisions.
Son is so far and above all of them this season, he shouldn't be compared. In a pragmatic team, he's put up very good numbers with minimal chances going his way.

Outside of this, why do I possibly give a rats arse what they're doing?
Not a single one of them is a Manchester United player.

Why can't you accept that people think Rashford can do better?
He has been better. What is that difficult to understand.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he had a very good game. Thought everyone in the midfield and attack was very good and consistent performances like that from the front 6 is exactly what we want long term.

Steven-UK

Decent as a winger. He just needs to pass the ball to an actual striker instead of wasting chance, after chance. Until he fixes that, he is a liability, because when he continuously misses chances, it gives the opposition momentum, and confidence that they have a chance.

acnumber9

Salah, Sterling and Mane are being considered as having average to poor seasons, yet still offer more regular threats in games.
Rashford has moments, but spends a lot of time invisible or making the wrong decisions.
Son is so far and above all of them this season, he shouldn't be compared. In a pragmatic team, he's put up very good numbers with minimal chances going his way.

He has been better. What is that difficult to understand.
Mostly because of the ridiculous hyperbole. I’m not arguing he can’t do better but look at the absolute shite that lad is posting. And I’m talking about from the start of last season. Only Sterling has out scored him and he plays for City.

acnumber9

Decent as a winger. He just needs to pass the ball to an actual striker instead of wasting chance, after chance. Until he fixes that, he is a liability, because when he continuously misses chances, it gives the opposition momentum, and confidence that they have a chance.
Like he did for our opening goal? What’s giving our opponents confidence is us gifting them goals.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Thought he had a very good game. Thought everyone in the midfield and attack was very good and consistent performances like that from the front 6 is exactly what we want long term.
Agree. Coming on here and reading the comments feels like I watched a completely different game. He was dangerous and created a goal, granted his finishing could be better, a solid 7/10 imo. But he's definitely not the reason we lost.

Frank White

He has been better. What is that difficult to understand
That's fair enough if that's all it was but some people have this weird relationship with Rashford that whenever he has a poor game they have to let everyone know he's nothing more than a Championship level player with the IQ of a fish.

Like yesterday to blame him for the draw when DDG did everything in his power to gift them goals is ridiculous.

Don't think even Rashford's ardent followers would deny he needs to be doing more.

finneh

He effectively closed Shaw down (his own team mate) a number of times and killed our forward momentum by not making a positive move or run, but by ambling back towards Shaw, causing Shaw to slow down or stop running forward and snuffing out the break down the left.
Defensively, Cavani and Bruno ran themselves into the ground with the high press and trying to stop Everton regrouping, where as Rashford was missing in action again.
I think this is my biggest frustration with Rashford for the last 12-18 months or so. His work rate, which in my view has been one of his key attributes historically, seems to have dropped massively.

Whether that's failing to press opposition defenders, which is not only frustrating in itself but also means the pressing game of others is less effective as opposition teams have an outlet. Whether that's failing to provide an option to the full back because he's loitering with his back to goal with a couple of defender's around him, rather than peeling out wide to either receive a pass or to take a defender away meaning the full back has more space. Whether he's stood still doing his best impression of an opposition defensive midfielder whilst our midfielder or full back are making a run forward, meaning they have to slow down or stop and play the ball backwards. Whether someone has played the ball in to him with his back to goal and rather then run towards the ball a few yards to meet it, he's stood still allowing the defender to dispossess him. Or whether he's ambling backwards during an opposition attacked, when he could be providing our defenders with some much needed support.

I don't know where this noticeable slowdown of work rate has come from. Whether it's a hangover from his back injury, or his huge contract causing a mental shift between needing to put in 100% to achieve his dreams vs having already achieved them. Or whether it's his work outside of the game taking energy/focus away. Either way in my view it's starting to really jeopardise his contribution to the team, which is highlighted embarrassingly by a 34 year old putting him to shame week in week out at the moment.

Juanuzayne

He’s been solid recently. But the overthinking in front of goal is killing me. One too many dribbles in front of goal lately. He just needs to bury it, but I think that will return once he bangs one in and regains confidence.

Even though he completely screwed up his chance in front of goal yest, his run to receive the ball was spectacular.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We are leading scorers in the entire league of which Rashford has scored the most of those from open play for us.

Why do our fans just hate this guy? I don't get it.

It's the defence that is shambolic. Blame them.

spiriticon

Yeah he needs to just shoot at the goal.

Stop dragging it inside, outside, inside, outside, maybe a few stepovers...

Just shoot. It's not Fifa Street.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Apart from his finishing I thought he played well yesterday. He’s linking up well with Shaw down the left side. It’s the defence that’s to blame for the result yesterday.

Andersons Dietician

That cross was an absolute peach, as soon as it left his foot just knew Cavani was tucking that away. Was a brilliant cross.

Man Utd 1:0 West Ham

el3mel

He pretty much misses a huge sitter every game now. Can't be a United game without his obligatory sitter missing. Well shite.

El Zoido

250 appearances at age 23. I’m not here to criticise him, we’re lucky to have him. Congrats, Marcus.

His effort level and attitude on the pitch - genuinely looks like it's a chore for him from the first minute - are both ridiculous at this point.

Came up with a nice assist, but also broke down just about every attack for 120 minutes.

eire-red

Quiet game, but once again comes up with a decisive moment with that lay off for McTominay.

You just feel the moments will come along with full performances in the coming seasons and he'll be unstoppable.

I little too inconsistent at the moment throughout 90 minutes.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Quiet game, but once again comes up with a decisive moment with that lay off for McTominay.

You just feel the moments will come along with full performances in the coming seasons and he'll be unstoppable.

I little too inconsistent at the moment throughout 90 minutes.
I think you’re probably right. Overall level of performance this season has been nowhere near good enough though. Which is a problem for the team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's so frustrating. I think he'll be quality in the near future but until then I think he'll continue to make me want to pull my hair out.

What disappointed me most today was his lack of effort off the ball, he barely broke into a jog unless the ball was played in to him. I might be just seeing things I want to see there but to me it looked like he didn't even want to be there.

Last edited:

AshRK

I really like him but he is starting to frustrate me with his poor finishing. Ole definitely must work with him as it is getting worse now.

Zoo

Game intelligence. Don’t have to run at 100 mph into traffic, shoot from distance or try to hit a wonder-ball every time. Plenty of times he just ignored Telles today and it was very annoying. Like I said before he’s not a youngster now and he needs to be more refined.

Giggs' right foot

His effort level and attitude on the pitch - genuinely looks like it's a chore for him from the first minute - are both ridiculous at this point.

Came up with a nice assist, but also broke down just about every attack for 120 minutes.
Yeah, to me that's the worry too. I don't doubt his quality and potential. To me - the sky is the limit for him. Just look at his assist for Cavani in the Everton game. Best I've seen in a long time. But for a looooong time he's looked disinterested and as a Manchester lad and the way he used to play a while back, you would think he'd put in more effort in his pressing and off-the-ball movement.

Corona-times are hard, and if that is what is putting a lid on his game and mood that is totally understandable, but then Ole should do better at subbing him off in games like today's - where he's clearly having a worse game than say, Mason, who was subbed. I love the guy and I hope he's doing good mentally because I don't recognize him on the pitch as the same guy from a little over a year ago. He doesn't seem to be enjoying himself - even when scoring. Just look at that fecking adorable photo of him for this thread from that shitty game against Hull. I've not seen him that happy in forever.

-Supreme-

Another brainless performance, will he ever understand when to dribble or pass? The amount of times I see him running into traffic and ignoring his team mates is hugely frustrating

Borys

Statistics Wizard
This is a post for future generations who might think Rashford had a good season: despite hitting good numbers, he's actually in woeful form.

But at least we can probably agree he seems to be put out of position wherever he plays.

stw2022

Ronaldo failed to score in a game against West Ham too. This makes Rashford every bit as good. Call yourselves fans? Embarrassing!

(... I’m getting the hang of it now, aren’t I?)

Valencia Shin Crosses

The Cafe will inevitably rip Martial to pieces because he didn't score today, even though I thought he was miles better overall than this lad. Rashford really needs a seat on a bench for a game or two, he simply offers nothing more than a good outlet for chances to go to waste while giving the ball away relentlessly and strolling about like he's CR7 in his pomp. Still think he's a great player, but the attitude combined with product on the pitch isn't matching up currently, and he's always responded well to a rest.

Woodenlung

It bodes well that he's playing poorly at the moment but still contributes with assists.

Swiss_Red89

Not a good game from Marcus. Should have scored. In the end he got the game winning assist with a clever flick at least, so still contributed.

I study him a lot during games and I start to get the feeling he really is missing the fans and the atmosphere. More than others. Especially at Old Trafford. He looks desintrested sometimes. He's always mentioned how much he loved to play infront of a packed Old Trafford...Now they are playing in front of absolutely no spectators for more than 8 months. I think for a professional player who was used to it, it can be quite hard over such a long period.

Then again you could counter Bruno for example is always fired up when he plays. But they are all different human beings. I just can be wrong of course.

Last edited:

Frank White

Shocking night of football from everyone involved literally nothing good came out of that game other than the fact we progress to the next round, even Bruno contributed nothing and more often than not was at fault for are attack braking down.

Overall he wasnt great but not really any worse than Martial and he still came away with a neat assist.

spiriticon

9 out of 10 times he fecks it up. The other 1 out of 10 times, it's a sublime goal or assist. Dunno what to make of him.

I guess while he's hitting 20 goals and 15 assists each season I can't complain. But he has to be better if he wants to be a good player as he gets older.

Idxomer

It's funny that all of his good moments in the last few games came when he was on the right.

Doracle

Solid game from Marcus. Made some great runs which weren’t picked out, looked dangerous in possession and drove us forward on several occasions. A couple of moments of magic and a quality cushioned assist. Shame he didn’t finish the chance he had but Fabianski did well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is a post for future generations who might think Rashford had a good season: despite hitting good numbers, he's actually in woeful form.

But at least we can probably agree he seems to be put out of position wherever he plays.
He isn't in woeful form and he actually has had a very good season. It isn't just due to his numbers. But anyway, if you want to rip on him for the odd bad game here and there (inevitable by nature of being a winger in a individualistic type of system), then go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.