Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
So much ability but not much going on upstairs (especially when in this kind of form) - decision making has been horrible for a while now.

simplyared

He's still our best attacking player. Must be best in the league at running with the ball and is always a big threat whoever we play against. Unfortunately he is overdoing it at present. He's trying to put it on a plate for himself or others to score. He's got to let go earlier either with his shot at goal or final pass. He does everything right and is just failing at the final hurdle and it's costing us.

AgentSmith

This is not a thinly-veiled dig at Ole, it’s a comment that relates specifically to Rashford and Rashford alone.

I would love to see the the improvements Rashford could make to his overall game under someone like Pep. The refinements Sterling made to his general play in terms of attacking movement and efficiency within the box really lifted him to the next level.

Rashford easily has the same same ceiling (if not higher due to his physical advantages) but just needs a better understand of how to use his energy and the ball more efficiently.

Again, not an anti-Ole post - I just reference Pep due to the obvious improvements Sterling has made since 2016 when he was in a similar place to where Rashford is atm.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He looks like he's playing with the weight of the world on his shoulders to me. He's doing great things off the pitch but I can't help but think it's effecting his focus.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Can´t blame the effort, it´s just not going for him. He´s played form the right very often too to acommodate useless Martial. I feel there´s time to play MArcus up top, even with Cavani.

jem

I'd say Greenwood, Pogba and Fred are the only ones who really use both feet. I can't say that I've noticed Bruno use his left very often although obviously his goal was a great hit with his left.
Shit, can’t believe I forgot Greenwood! His two-footedness is a delight.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Slows the game down too much, every time he gets it he slows it to a standstill.

Raven

He should really be dropped till he learns to play with his team mates again. He does this though, he fluctuates between being brilliant and playing excellently with the rest of the lads and absolutely terrible where he just refuses to use those around him.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Rashford put in some wicked crosses yesterday that nobody got on the end of. The problem is that he is making too many moves before he puts his cross in, so it makes it hard to time a run to get on the end of one of them. So rather than faking one way, then they other, then back again, just put it in first time. He has to realize that when playing on the right, his first thought when on the ball should be to assist...

Foxbatt

Slows the game down too much, every time he gets it he slows it to a standstill.
This is a point I have been making for a long time. He stops, trying to beat his man. He doesn't understand that while he may be able to beat his man, the time he gives the opposition is the time for them to get players in place and deny the space for his team mates to exploit.
Football is played in the brain as much in the feet and he doesn't seem to have one in the brain.
What I don't understand is that he keeps doing it in every match all the time and the coaching staff can't see it.

Seto007

West Ham is his level.. but we will indulge him no matter what because he's a Manchester lad and because of his success in politics his profile/celebrity. Sad but true. If he was playing for West Ham I doubt the media would be printing so much about him.

MAME DIOUF 32

By a distance the best crosser we have from the right but he seems a lot more hesitant there, like he's having to think about everything. If he can get over that then he's a potential nightmare for defenders, capable of dribbling or putting in an early cross.

MattofManchester

Something that's got my attention about him is that he's avoiding headers and 50/50s.

Against West Brom, there was an occasion where he covered his head with his hands while the West Brom player headed the ball.

This is a professional footballer we are talking about.

AltiUn

West Ham is his level.. but we will indulge him no matter what because he's a Manchester lad and because of his success in politics his profile/celebrity. Sad but true. If he was playing for West Ham I doubt the media would be printing so much about him.
I expect we'll see you promoted in no time.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Something that's got my attention about him is that he's avoiding headers and 50/50s.

Against West Brom, there was an occasion where he covered his head with his hands while the West Brom player headed the ball.

This is a professional footballer we are talking about.
This professional footballer has scored more goals than the rest of our forwards and almost more than them all if you add all their goals together.

This constant attack on him by our fans need to stop. He's our leading scorer from open play and 2nd in total after Bruno and all our fans want to do is destroy the lad.

I don't get it.

Odin

This professional footballer has scored more goals than the rest of our forwards and almost more than them all if you add all their goals together.

This constant attack on him by our fans need to stop. He's our leading scorer from open play and 2nd in total after Bruno and all our fans want to do is destroy the lad.

I don't get it.
Yes, a lot of the loud internet warriors like to destroy and rebuild. They also seem to crave instant gratification. Now wherever have I come across those concepts before...? I think I'll just play some console games for a while, since I can't remember the answer straight away.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

I don't get it.
Yes, a lot of the loud internet warriors like to destroy and rebuild. They also seem to crave instant gratification. Now wherever have I come across those concepts before...? I think I'll just play some console games for a while, since I can't remember the answer straight away.
They observed him not challenging for headers. It's not like they called him a cnut, you pair of drama queens.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He will find his form. He is classy player and no doubt that he will start playing well again.
I don't think that he is bad on the right and if Martial is in form it would make sense to play him there. But now it is time for him to go on the left and start scoring again.

ROFLUTION

I don't get it.
I think we all just see the potential in him and is disappointed of him not fulfilling it, i.e finishing the many obvious chances. He'd be talked about like Haaland and Mbappé if he did. Heck, even above them.

Odin

They observed him not challenging for headers. It's not like they called him a cnut, you pair of drama queens.
I didn't point at anyone in particular, but a lot of people on this forum are rather non-supportive of our players. Sorry if that created too much drama in your life. I would rather say the drama is caused by knee-jerk default internet negativity, but maybe that's just me. I guess people need to vent somewhere.

My personal preference is to not verbally molest the team I support.

stw2022

I think we all just see the potential in him and is disappointed of him not fulfilling it, i.e finishing the many obvious chances. He'd be talked about like Haaland and Mbappé if he did. Heck, even above them.
This is right. It isn't as if we all wouldn't love Rashford to be well on his way to becoming a genuinely top player but given the number of matches he has under his belt, regardless of his age, it's become impossible to ignore the fact there are an alarming number of basic flaws in his game still. Stuff you'd expect him to have addressed or at least made progress to addressing by now that are glaring warning signs about his development.

I get why people want to pretend those warning signs aren't there but the denial is becoming increasingly harder. People defend Rashford based on the player they want him to be in their head, not the player he is. So determined are some to deny reality that they use superlatives about him that are frankly laughable. When you have a player who almost consistently makes the wrong decision being spoken about as if he's some kind of brilliant elite player then words no longer have any meaning. I don't care what people say but after his first 100 games if people were to fast-forward 150 games later and see the player he developed into I don't believe anyone wouldn't be disappointed even if they refuse to admit it for fear of losing 'Top Red' status.

amsoUG

With his football IQ, I cannot see him starting in the Euros.
He is behind Sterling, Sancho, Grealish and Foden who all seem to be more mature on the ball than him on either flank. Matter of fact he should try out his luck on the right as I do not see him nailing a spot on the left.

amsoUG

This is right. It isn't as if we all wouldn't love Rashford to be well on his way to becoming a genuinely top player but given the number of matches he has under his belt, regardless of his age, it's become impossible to ignore the fact there are an alarming number of basic flaws in his game still. Stuff you'd expect him to have addressed or at least made progress to addressing by now that are glaring warning signs about his development.

I get why people want to pretend those warning signs aren't there but the denial is becoming increasingly harder. People defend Rashford based on the player they want him to be in their head, not the player he is. So determined are some to deny reality that they use superlatives about him that are frankly laughable. When you have a player who almost consistently makes the wrong decision being spoken about as if he's some kind of brilliant elite player then words no longer have any meaning. I don't care what people say but after his first 100 games if people were to fast-forward 150 games later and see the player he developed into I don't believe anyone wouldn't be disappointed even if they refuse to admit it for fear of losing 'Top Red' status.
Would have possibly been better by now playing under Pep who normally drills selfless team play. Sterling was similar but look at him now. Check Foden.

stw2022

Would have possibly been better by now playing under Pep who normally drills selfless team play. Sterling was similar but look at him now. Check Foden.

There's definitely something to be said for a coaches influence on a player's development but also the reality is few teenagers who burst on the scene and look like potential world beaters do anything other than plateau out by their mid 20s. He isn't a terrible player, at this level he should probably be a rotation option and would probably find himself one of the first names on the team sheet if playing for a mid/lower table side but if we look at the sides who are challenging for titles and ambitions to mount a challenge at the European Cup then to pretend Rashford fits within that bracket is simply a denial of reality. Place him in any other side who we aim to compare ourselves with either domestically or in Europe and remove that 'home grown lad' protectionism, he'd be absolutely slaughtered by fans who watched him play each week. He's a full step below the player many United fans pretend he is.

Woodenlung

Rashford played well despite the missed chances. Scored, assisted and played a huge part in another goal.

Over the last 12 months he's put a lot of work into the creative side of his game and it's paid dividends this season. He's a far more rounded player than he was this time last year. If he can improve on his finishing he'd be close to world class.

acnumber9

Played very well. They couldn’t cope with his runs. He gets more undeserved stick than any player in the team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Back to his best tonight, just needs to take his chances and he’ll be talked about as one of the best forwards in Europe.

played much better in the 2nd half where he stopped over running and got his head up.

AltiUn

He's probably going to frustrate for a lot of his time here but you can't deny the lad's got talent, his ceiling seems limitless. He missed a good chance but they couldn't cope with him at all, had a direct hand in 3 goals.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I just want to see him be a bit more greedy again. The chance he created for Bailly was a great example. Just get the shot off, Rashers. Stop hesitating or giving it to someone else, unless there’s something obvious.

Frank White

Probably still going to get a load a stick because of the misses which tbf where pretty bad (also decent keeping) but came away with a goal and assist and another involvement in another goal and his all round game looked better than it has recently.

Happy for lad hopefully brings some positivity in here for a change.

Raven

Shocking in the first half but came alive in the second and was absolutely brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.