Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is the thing though. I don't find players like him frustrating like so many other seem to do. Yes we know he will make some bad mistakes but we also know he comes up with the big moments for us.

I find players who disappear and show no fight far more frustrating.

The Rashford bashing seems to be from fans who clearly have no clue about the player he is. They seem to want him to be a City player who always choose the right pass. He isn't that player. Never will be.
Same for me. He is a trier, always makes runs, tries to take on defenders (sometimes when he shouldn't). Much prefer these players than the players who lack confidence to try or take responsibilities.

Sylar

Also think this is part of the reason ole doesn't sub him when things aren't going well (and subs Greenwood instead who might be playing better)

Because in one moment he could score or create something.

Cast5

17 goals, 11 assists this season already, get him sold and sign some random YouTube compilation winger from the Bundesliga.

pacifictheme

Yeah he's inconsistent in front of goal but he's not a striker. He's an inverted winger. His stats are fantastic this year.

Hes not going to be super clinical, and he shouldn't be our main source of goals.

AshRK

Yes his misses are frustrating but then you also have to credit the boy for being in those positions to miss or score them. Martial has other good skills but he never can make those smart runs consistently like rashford does. Even Greenwood has that problem to an extent. You have to be in the box to score more.

8thWonder

His shooting is pretty much always better when he can set himself... He's not the best instinctive finisher which is unusual I suppose because with a lot of players it's the other way around when out of form.

But yeah when he's got time with the ball /dribbling and can set himself I feel like he's a more reliable finisher
Possibly the best point to make when discussing his finishing, take his first chance yesterday, defender right behind him and he has to take the shot before he can take an extra step to the left and set himself to bend it round the keeper, which leads him to not get the whip on it...

He's improving all the time, he gets critisized a lot imho for exactly the same reason Bruno gets praised, he tries things, he commits defenders, takes shots, gets assists and goals to show for it but struggles to put a 'perfect' 90 minutes in.

I'll take that all day long. He's constantly improving, his passing from a wide area is top level and his goal tally (minus penalties) is better year on year.

Side note, did he officially get the assist for Bruno's first yesterday or not?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes his misses are frustrating but then you also have to credit the boy for being in those positions to miss or score them. Martial has other good skills but he never can make those smart runs consistently like rashford does. Even Greenwood has that problem to an extent. You have to be in the box to score more.
Greenwood isn't an explosive player of the same ilk so his playing style won't revolve around trying to run in behind a defence from wider areas. Martial is terrible in movement, so saying that at least Rashford is better than him, doesn't really say much. Moreover both of these players are far better in their defensive input, so they can't really dedicate time in making runs in behind at the same time like Rashford does.

Rashford's movement has always been very good so I do agree he deserves credit for sure. The issue I have with him is his over dribbling and wastefulness in chance creation. He's still our 2nd most potent attacker after Bruno so it's really a minor point relatively speaking.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Possibly the best point to make when discussing his finishing, take his first chance yesterday, defender right behind him and he has to take the shot before he can take an extra step to the left and set himself to bend it round the keeper, which leads him to not get the whip on it...

He's improving all the time, he gets critisized a lot imho for exactly the same reason Bruno gets praised, he tries things, he commits defenders, takes shots, gets assists and goals to show for it but struggles to put a 'perfect' 90 minutes in.

I'll take that all day long. He's constantly improving, his passing from a wide area is top level and his goal tally (minus penalties) is better year on year.

Yeah I didn't back Rashford to take that first chance for that exact reason... there's no excuses really for the second one, should be burying every time, but again it is a first time shot.

In fact if you look at his 17 goals this season, only 4 have been first time, and 2 of those were fortunate to even go in:

PSG (H) - Massive defelction that the keeper saves otherwise
Sheff Utd (A) - Ramsdale completely balls up what should be a comfortable save
Leicester (A) - Tidy finish - easiest chance of the lot.
Southampton (H) - He actually hits it down the centre of the goal and the keeper gets a hand to it... not sure if a better keeper saves it?

So yeah, I found that to be quite interesting.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His ability to strike the ball cleanly is his best attribute alongside his pace. His one on one finishing & his decision making haven’t improved at all.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

The trajectory and flight of the ball didn't help on the first chance, either. One of those where you're asking yourself if it's defying gravity and begging for it to drop faster. Keeper did well to close the distance, too.

The second miss was an easy read for the keeper and he got across surprisingly fast. I thought on both of these Rashford played 'percentage' type shots that were low risk and the keeper did well to stay large and keep the ground covered.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

He is probably my favorite player, got all the attributes and when he is on fire very hard to defend against. However, he can also be very frustrating. Nevertheless together with Bruno the first name on the team sheet.

romufc

We must be the only fan group who say he is fortunate to score some goals.

Every striker in the world scores goals that sometimes are fortunate to go in, yet they still are regarded as good strikers.

I have seen Mbappe miss very good chances in the CL final and other games too.

Why are we so critical, forwards miss chances, even the best of them have a conversion ratio below 30%

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
His ability to strike the ball cleanly is his best attribute alongside his pace. His one on one finishing & his decision making haven’t improved at all.
I'd say his one on one finishing when he's getting to run with the ball beforehand, particularly from the centre/left, is pretty good.

He's scored loads of goals like that this season.

Bwuk

He always seems to get himself into positions to score simple goals but then misses.

He’s got 17 goals this season but the reality is he should be getting 30 a season with how good he is and the chances he gets.

One thing I’ll never knock him for is effort. Never gives up and always tries to make things happen.

mancan92

People can excuse it but the misses before the goal are the kind of misses that have caused us losses, draws and generally pushed us from potentially a comfortable win to having to sneak a last minute goal. It's hugely frustrating it's not a matter of he got there eventually because that has affected results

RedDevilzFox

Same for me. He is a trier, always makes runs, tries to take on defenders (sometimes when he shouldn't). Much prefer these players than the players who lack confidence to try or take responsibilities.
Its not one or the other competition. Players that take responsibility are always admired. But its still frustrating to watch them fluff sitters after sitters.

eire-red

Rashford, Pogba and Bruno are the only players who can conjure magic out of nothing and win us a game. If our defence was more solid this season we'd be right up there with City.

The stick he gets is just crazy. Looks like he'll easily have another 20+ goals season, in a season where he's been pushed around a little to accommodate others.

Big things for me is that he's always adding attributes to his game. I think when he's 25 he'll have fully matured his game and he'll be world class.

Becks00

I find myself getting really excited to watch this guy nowadays and is a feeling i've noticed I share with other United fans (even those who previously didn't rate his technical ability). He just gets pass defenders so easily now that you can't but be happy while watching him and although he gets frustrating with his end product, while also missing piss easy chances.

As a football fan, I love this Rashy far more than any other version I've seen till date even compared to the pre shoulder injury version of him. He might have been more productive then but still he wasn't showing as much flair as he is currently showing, just hope Ole doesn't ask him to tone down the flair and focus on goals because that is not his job.His role for me as a Man Utd winger is to entertain and come to think of it that is probably the major reason I fell in love with the club in the first place with it's tradition of exciting and flying wingers also why I love the Cristiano of 06/07 and 09/10 more than any of his ballon d'or years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Won us the game today. Very good goal, won penalty and a beautiful pass to Shaw which should have ended up as a goal.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
MOTM and he wasn't even that good :lol:

Proof to those who say theres no in-between him being brilliant and awful

Idxomer

Man of the match I think, that Kraft guy will have nightmares tonight consisting of Rashford running at him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Channeling his inner Luis Suarez with the amount of megs he got tonight. Good performance.

Frank White

Another good game from the lad amidst a shower of shite for large parts of the game. Another goal to add to the tally and played some lovely passes too.

Ran riot on their RB and was largely responsible for the 3 points today.

Foxbatt

Very good game. Tried to make things happen and the only player who tried and it happened. I wish he would shoot a bit more.

el3mel

The goal was an absolutely brilliant moment.

That's why he's frustrating. There's no doubt about Rashford's quality. He's a brilliant footballer on form. He has insane skills and plays in his feet and is a joy to watch. He just seems to be so bloody inconsistent and selfish at many points and it hurts watching knowing he can be much better than this if he's more selfless at times and has better decision making. Quality is there and there's ton of it. He just needs to be more consistent. Nothing more frustrating than watching a quality player not playing well.

lost7

Motm no doubt about it. Even though he's not consistent across the 90 minutes, he's the only player other than Bruno who will create something out of nothing

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
People who moaned about him being a moments player that nutmeg and finish I’d happily have moments like that again :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s what Rooney was before he left, poor overall for most of the game the pops up with moments of magic and goal contributions.

we can accept that if he manages it every game but he’s so talented he could do a lot more through matches.

ManRed

Our best LW and should never be moved to the right for Martial. He comes up with his moments in his game there and has a good understanding with Shaw.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
I expected people to talk about his mad goal much more openly here. A Jadon Sancho or a Grealish if they did that, this forum would wank themselves to death.

Drainy

He’s what Rooney was before he left, poor overall for most of the game the pops up with moments of magic and goal contributions.

we can accept that if he manages it every game but he’s so talented he could do a lot more through matches.
what match were you watching?

Finally scores a goal after a dribble, brilliant effort. He always cuts back and waits far too long to shoot. Would love if he got more shots off from his bursting runs into the area. Weird how he barely goes far post nowadays after he used to do it all the time when he broke through

littleman

He’s shown enough over the past few seasons to have more seasons ahead of him as a starter. Not sure where his ceiling is but definitely one of our best players despite some hair tearing inconsistency

Status
Not open for further replies.