Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Kind of surprised at some saying it wasn't a pen. He went all over his toes, its a clear pen.

Anyway, excellent goal, want him to do that cut in and quick shot more often. Brilliant player though.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He’s what Rooney was before he left, poor overall for most of the game the pops up with moments of magic and goal contributions.

we can accept that if he manages it every game but he’s so talented he could do a lot more through matches.
Comparing him to 2014 Rooney is just idiotic. Nothing else to say really.

And for Rashford today, that goal is what he needs to do more of. He’s quite accurate when putting his laces through it and hits it as hard as anyone, so do that more and come away with more goals than trying to be a classy finisher placing the balls into the corner.

mu4c_20le

The dribbling was always there, he just needs to be quicker and more decisive. That will come with both form and confidence.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Finally scores a goal after a dribble, brilliant effort. He always cuts back and waits far too long to shoot. Would love if he got more shots off from his bursting runs into the area. Weird how he barely goes far post nowadays after he used to do it all the time when he broke through
He should definitely shoot more, not just after dribbles from the left but from distance too, not sure why he cut that out of his game lately. Imagine he was on Pens, he would have a Ronaldo-like numbers for us this season. Having a great season without being too spectacular. I will take that though!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Kind of surprised at some saying it wasn't a pen. He went all over his toes, its a clear pen.

Anyway, excellent goal, want him to do that cut in and quick shot more often. Brilliant player though.
I was playing football today and someone did the same to me. Fecking hurts. Modern boots are like slippers so someone planting studs on the top of your foot is excruciating.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pleased to see Rashford play such an important role for us tonight. Two games, two goals. His shooting has been wayward lately but it was on point tonight. If we're going to achieve anything this season we need Rashford flying. Tonight there were signs he's starting to shake off his funk. Fingers crossed it continues.

Bobski

Always causes problems, is a lot like Bruno in some ways in how active he is, of course he is prone to poor execution but he is always trying to make something happen, is a leader in this team.

OmarUnited4ever

Fantastic goal, fantastic pass to Shaw in the second half, good game overall.

But he does frustrate when he doesn't attempt to cross from the byline or cut back sometimes, if he does that he could get more assists to his name

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Comparing him to 2014 Rooney is just idiotic. Nothing else to say really.

And for Rashford today, that goal is what he needs to do more of. He’s quite accurate when putting his laces through it and hits it as hard as anyone, so do that more and come away with more goals than trying to be a classy finisher placing the balls into the corner.
Not really, what else did he do apart from his goal and assist? That’s what I mean. He pops up with moments but In 90 minutes no other shots, no dangerous crosses etc.

for his ability he should be more involved.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not really, what else did he do apart from his goal and assist? That’s what I mean. He pops up with moments but In 90 minutes no other shots, no dangerous crosses etc.

Played a lovely pass through to fractionally offside Martial (who messed it up, obvs) Very nice pass to put Shaw through as well. And generally provided a constant useful outlet on the left. It was a solid 7/10 performance.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Good game. Hopefully he's not needed on the pitch until next Sunday.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Thought he was MOTM today in a spectacularly average team performance.

7/10 in a sea of 5/10.

Martial 1/10.

Adam-Utd

Played a lovely pass through to fractionally offside Martial (who messed it up, obvs) Very nice pass to put Shaw through as well. And generally provided a constant useful outlet on the left. It was a solid 7/10 performance.
Yeah so 4 positive actions in 90 minutes.

im just saying he’s so good he should be more involved, he needs to stop over playing at times.

you don’t know how happy I was to see him cut inside and shoot instantly instead of running another 5 yards into the midfielders or cut back onto his left then go back to his right again and lose all momentum.

shift and hit! He’s got such power in his shots he could score at that near post all the time.

Dan_F

People seem to think he can’t make right decisions, or pass though. Been saying on here for the last 12 months that he’s one of the best at those little curved through balls from the touch line.

I really do wonder why people bother with football (specifically United) if they can’t get behind someone like Rashford.

Alemar

18G + 9A so far this season. Plus another penalty earned which is also a good thing

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

We scored 3 goals. He scored one and assisted another. Was literally a match winning performance.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Nice game from him. One bit stood out for me when he sprinted a diagonal to track a runner from Newcastle to the corner flag, been a while since I’ve seen that.
I also think he was using bursts of speed more and more direct

Adam-Utd

We scored 3 goals. He scored one and assisted another. Was literally a match winning performance.
Yes I know that and that’s why I compared him to Rooney in his latter career. He went 75% of matches messing up or being quiet and then popped up with a goal or assist. Rashford is going through a similar pattern. I’d just like to see him get a bit more involved through the whole game and tidy his touch and passing, he’s got a bit too sloppy in places.

the kids a match winner though! We need him on top form desperately.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I was playing football today and someone did the same to me. Fecking hurts. Modern boots are like slippers so someone planting studs on the top of your foot is excruciating.
Yup. So strange to see people claim it's not. It fecking hurts, there is no protection from your metatarsals there. It's a clear pen.

united for life

The dribbling was always there, he just needs to be quicker and more decisive. That will come with both form and confidence.
and coaching. Ole mentioned that they are working with him on his decision making and finishing. The goal today was world class. He’s doing very well so far this season, he doesn’t get enough credit though.

OverratedOpinion

He’s shown enough over the past few seasons to have more seasons ahead of him as a starter. Not sure where his ceiling is but definitely one of our best players despite some hair tearing inconsistency
Sterling, Kane and Salah have score more than him in the last 2 seasons and no one else despite being 22 and playing out wide. Only those 3 players, not Son, not Vardy, not Aubameyang, not Mane, not Aguero no just those 3.

This talk of "inconsistency" is maddening. He is a 22 year old winger who scores nearly every week and assists a large number of goals. God I am pleased I was not on here in Ronaldo's firsh few years.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Love him, I'd personally prefer to keep the moments he has taking players on confined to mainly around the box and the odd one on the break through the middle. Take the length out of how much impact his creativity has overall on the wider team. I don't know how we do that without just playing him up front and letting him drop into the attack if he has to when we've pushed up with the ball.

He's so dangerous in little pockets. Problem is over the last month he's had these huge spaces to be dangerous in and he just acts like a striker. To which he plays like one no matter where he is on the pitch.

CG1010

@Adam-Utd : the comparison with Rooney of 2013-2014 is idiotic mate. Rashford has surpassed his entire season's tally for goals already with a large part of the season left.

Number32

I like his performance last night, but someone needs to tell him to stop playing golf in a football match. I mean, He stops the ball millions time before making any decision, it will give the defenders an extra times to close him down.
Just move the ball away or shoot it Rashy, you are becoming the new Raheem Sterling with that end products.

Mr Smith

Looks much better back on the left; he needs to be played there regularly. Fantastic goal today. I think we've all just got to accept that he's a bit of a moments player. His ability to produce something from nothing far outweighs his negative qualities for me.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Looks much better back on the left; he needs to be played there regularly. Fantastic goal today. I think we've all just got to accept that he's a bit of a moments player. His ability to produce something from nothing far outweighs his negative qualities for me.
As much as he shines in moments it's not as if he goes missing in games. He is always involved and may produce the odd frustrating moment but he's improving immensely season by season.

Mr Smith

As much as he shines in moments it's not as if he goes missing in games. He is always involved and may produce the odd frustrating moment but he's improving immensely season by season.
I agree; my point was that when he's off form and not getting things right, he's still good value to have on the pitch because he can produce a moment of magic.

Andersons Dietician

See personally I don’t agree with this. Maybe he personally looks better on the left as he cuts in more and shoots more but Look at all the countless times moves fell apart at him yesterday because he wouldn’t pass, or just stopped in his tracks to face someone up. Or drive inside looking for the shot when he had better options.

I still think he was the best player of the front 4 yesterday and it’s a great goal if not a little lucky due to horrendous keeping. But to me I look at all that and how he plays on the right and the team just seems to work better as a collective unit with him out on the right.

I’d rather the team work well and perform as a unit than him have a moment on the left because to me it’s a double edged sword when he’s there. He maybe looks good but the team doesn’t perform as well.

Delighted that he does seem to be coming back in to some sort of form mind and the drag to get the penalty was fantastic.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah, his best position is clearly on the left. It suits his game way more. I really don't want to see him on the right, especially when it's to accommodate Martial on the left. Not sure about the moment's comment, though. The guy is always involved in the game. Hes' a worker, his movement off the ball is brilliant, and he never shirks responsibility or goes missing. Obviously he has poor games like everyone else, but that's not the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.