5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

eire-red

Loved the picture of him coming off for Shoretire. Hearing the interview with Greenwood during the week, and you realise how much of a role model and an inspiration Rashford must be to those youth academy kids.

He's such a brilliant player, I don't like to compare his numbers to wingers of old, because Nani etc. had very different roles 10 years ago. To me, his influence right now is very comparable to Rooney/Tevez from 07-09, providing, goals assists and a general attacking intent, without being the main man.

The problem is not Rashford, the problem is we're missing that predator in Ronaldo who was racking up insane numbers, and had an insatiable desire to score goals. Find that elite forward to hit near the 30 goal bracket and we'd be talking about a deadly front 4 with Rashford, Greenwood and Bruno supporting.

Mr Smith

See personally I don’t agree with this. Maybe he personally looks better on the left as he cuts in more and shoots more but Look at all the countless times moves fell apart at him yesterday because he wouldn’t pass, or just stopped in his tracks to face someone up. Or drive inside looking for the shot when he had better options.

I still think he was the best player of the front 4 yesterday and it’s a great goal if not a little lucky due to horrendous keeping. But to me I look at all that and how he plays on the right and the team just seems to work better as a collective unit with him out on the right.

I’d rather the team work well and perform as a unit than him have a moment on the left because to me it’s a double edged sword when he’s there. He maybe looks good but the team doesn’t perform as well.

Delighted that he does seem to be coming back in to some sort of form mind and the drag to get the penalty was fantastic.
I personally think what you're describing is more of a coaching problem than a Rashford problem. Every time he stops on the ball, it makes me feel like he has no direction/instruction about what to do in the final third, and is making it up as he goes along. Now you might say that shows a lack of imagination on Rashford's part (I wouldn't entirely disagree) but it also points at a worrying lack of a collective idea of how to play in attack.

Threesus

I personally think what you're describing is more of a coaching problem than a Rashford problem. Every time he stops on the ball, it makes me feel like he has no direction/instruction about what to do in the final third, and is making it up as he goes along. Now you might say that shows a lack of imagination on Rashford's part (I wouldn't entirely disagree) but it also points at a worrying lack of a collective idea of how to play in attack.
Even pep has been quoted as saying that he lets his players do their thing in the final third. I think it has to do partly with lack of imagination and partly due to other attackers being so static. Except Bruno.

Threesus

I will confess that I never heard of him before he made his debut. Looking back, it was definitely a happy accident.

Still hard to believe that a 18 year old stopped arsenal’s title charge. Where do you guys rank his debut among United players you have seen?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I will confess that I never heard of him before he made his debut. Looking back, it was definitely a happy accident.

Still hard to believe that a 18 year old stopped arsenal’s title charge. Where do you guys rank his debut among United players you have seen?
Arsenal?

AgentSmith

It was a nothing game with no rhythm to it. He looked poor but it's not a match to take anything from.

Was nice to see him wear the armband though, must've been a proud moment - has he been made captain before?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought his passing was good again.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Thought he was alright. Unlucky with the freekick, pulled off some good passing and generally wanted to make something occur in the match.
But overall, the game, once it hit the 60 minute mark, was pretty much a dead rubber.

Swiss_Red89

Why bring him on in an already decided game? I really don't understand Ole's man management in terms of rotation sometimtes. It's not as we needed him at halftime to bring the tie home.

The lad broke his back last year due to beeing overplayed and will have to play a lot of football for the next 5 years with United and probably England (2 worldcups and 2 european cups in front of him). So let his body rest in such games.

patty123

Why bring him on in an already decided game? I really don't understand Ole's man management in terms of rotation sometimtes. It's not as we needed him at halftime to bring the tie home.

The lad broke his back last year due to beeing overplayed and will have to play a lot of football for the next 5 years with United and probably England (2 worldcups and 2 european cups in front of him). So let his body rest in such games.

I agree with you on Ole's in game management is dreadful and will cost us, as he just cant seem to give Bruno a rest either.

As for rashford, and england, I'm not worried, he is not getting in ahead of sterling on the wing, nor in kane's spot, so he is second choice really for them, so its our use of him that will lead to another injury or burn out.

Him and Martial should be the ones rotating the left wing, as rashford has said himself he is not an out and out striker and he rather cut in and while rubbish this season in front of goal, that spot on the left is where Martial has played better for us starting back in lvg's time here, but sadly we have not gotten in all the players we need yet to allow that, as a first choice RW and striker would allow us to rest those 2 at different times instead of shoehorning them into the team in positions where they offer nothing, rashford on the right smells of desperation.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I agree with you on Ole's in game management is dreadful and will cost us, as he just cant seem to give Bruno a rest either.

As for rashford, and england, I'm not worried, he is not getting in ahead of sterling on the wing, nor in kane's spot, so he is second choice really for them, so its our use of him that will lead to another injury or burn out.

Him and Martial should be the ones rotating the left wing, as rashford has said himself he is not an out and out striker and he rather cut in and while rubbish this season in front of goal, that spot on the left is where Martial has played better for us starting back in lvg's time here, but sadly we have not gotten in all the players we need yet to allow that, as a first choice RW and striker would allow us to rest those 2 at different times instead of shoehorning them into the team in positions where they offer nothing, rashford on the right smells of desperation.
No idea where you are getting the England stuff from, Rashford is a starter for England.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Stopped watching when it said he was currently at a similar level to Harvey Barnes.
I never said that - I said this season his productivity if we looking at EPL is similar to Barnes (9 goals each) whereas he needs to hit Salah level of goals if United going to maintain a title push. Whilst he is constantly improving - we need that major breakout season if we gonna topple a City from one of our wide forwards.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I never said that - I said this season his productivity if we looking at EPL is similar to Barnes (9 goals each) whereas he needs to hit Salah level of goals if United going to maintain a title push. Whilst he is constantly improving - we need that major breakout season if we gonna topple a City from one of our wide forwards.
Rashford isn't the issue to reach that level. It's the center forward and even more needed, the right wing. We get no creativity and very little scoring from the right wing. That's why someone like Sancho is so vital. Striker has some hope with Greenwood having big potential, Cavani who can be solid and Martial who is way off form now but last season was good. But generally to topple City and truly compete/win, we need to sort out the right wing. Rashford is already at a very good level, and he'd improve with less responsibility for him and Bruno to carry everything we do in attack with the rest not up to much.

acnumber9

Salah has two more goals from open play. Those extra goals are going to Bruno instead. Currently, we need a defence worthy of the name to topple City.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Rashford isn't the issue to reach that level. It's the center forward and even more needed, the right wing. We get no creativity and very little scoring from the right wing. That's why someone like Sancho is so vital. Striker has some hope with Greenwood having big potential, Cavani who can be solid and Martial who is way off form now but last season was good. But generally to topple City and truly compete/win, we need to sort out the right wing. Rashford is already at a very good level, and he'd improve with less responsibility for him and Bruno to carry everything we do in attack with the rest not up to much.
Issue is a strong word. Don’t think Rashford is an issue, he’s an asset based on past two seasons. The point was merely that if he wants to be one of the best wide forwards in football - he does need to score maybe another 5-10 goals a season especially if he isn’t tracking back as much as he used to.

Of course if you can get another wide forward on the other flank performing similar to Rash and you have Bruno at 10 and a Haaland then we don’t need Rash to be any more productive than he is now.

Agree at @acnumber9 - a new CB is integral.

patty123

No idea where you are getting the England stuff from, Rashford is a starter for England.
Really, so where does he start then ? Sterling on current form (which according to southgate is how he picks the squad) is the first choice for left wing as he offers more than rashford whether we like it or not, Kane is the #1 striker so where are you going to shoehorn the lad into ?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Really, so where does he start then ? Sterling on current form (which according to southgate is how he picks the squad) is the first choice for left wing as he offers more than rashford whether we like it or not, Kane is the #1 striker so where are you going to shoehorn the lad into ?
Just have a look if and where Rashford started England‘s last games. If you like it or not, he has played games in a front 3 with Kane and Sterling, and if you like it or not, Southgate will start him again especially in important games either on the left or right.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Issue is a strong word. Don’t think Rashford is an issue, he’s an asset based on past two seasons. The point was merely that if he wants to be one of the best wide forwards in football - he does need to score maybe another 5-10 goals a season especially if he isn’t tracking back as much as he used to.

Of course if you can get another wide forward on the other flank performing similar to Rash and you have Bruno at 10 and a Haaland then we don’t need Rash to be any more productive than he is now.

Agree at @acnumber9 - a new CB is integral.
In terms of goals/assists, Rashford is fine. It's more the consistency week to week in overall performance he needs to tighten up. I agree if you're just talking premier league numbers for this season, but from an all competitions point of view he's been fine so most other years it would balance out differently. On pace for probably 25 goals in all comps, 15+ in the league I would say? Don't think that's something that I would highlight as being an area of focus, especially as he doesn't take penalties now.

It's not so much that we need a wide forward, I think we need a wide creator more (again, Sancho the perfect signing). But someone who is an attacking threat in general on the right to balance it out, increases everyones level across the front 4. To truly compete, we need to level out our starting 11 across the board in terms of quality. We have a very big gap between our best players and our worst positions in the 11. Right wing, Maguires partner being the 2 biggest issues. Striker is an issue but one that IMO we have the answer to in Greenwood, which just needs time. Diallo also looks great, but much further away and IMO worth being a squad player and still being Sancho. In terms of breakdown per goals across all competitions what we could expect:
  • Striker - 25-35 goals
  • Bruno - 20-25 goals
  • Rashford - 20-25 goals
  • RW - 15 goals
  • Depth Strikers/wingers - 20 goals
  • Deeper Midfielder group - 10 goals
  • Defenders - 5-10 goals
  • Own goals - 0-5 goals
That's 115 goals on the lower end, or just under 2 goals per game for a 60 game all competition season, with an upper range of likely 145 goals. Bruno, Rashford, the deeper midfielders, the depth attackers, defenders are already generally hitting those numbers I think, across all competitions. We need the starting right wing to provide creativity while scoring a solid amount across all competitions, and the central striker to be more reliable.

Chelsea 0:0 Man Utd

UncleBob

Atrocious performance. Shit going forward, offers feck all in terms of helping out Shaw. Barely visible in the second half, but the few times he was seen It was generally shit on a stick

Idxomer

Played at a walking pace most of the game and leaves 3 players to go at Shaw while he stands there doing nothing.

Bojan11

No idea why he was letting James cross the ball with no pressure, considering how good James is at crossing the ball.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He needs a kick up the arse, Rashford. He's been poor for weeks now.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Why is he immune to being subbed.

Definitely Oles golden boy. Can't be touched.

SirScholes

Just plays for himself half the time

get the ball outwide and his first thoughts are trying to nip inside even if shaw has made the run

He then sees he can’t move inside and by this point shaw is now offside

Why does he fecking stop instead of running at the corpse of Azpilicueta I don't understand it. Has some massive mental issues in his game that ned to be coached out. Kills the momentum of half of our attacks, and it's so frustrating given how good his technique and ability is compared to James on the other side who will always try to go forward but doesn't have the technical ability to do anything with the ball

Heinzesight

Capable of some unbelievable stuff...but the shit he’s been serving up the last few months is becoming the norm. Very worrying.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It takes a lot to make him move in his own half. Very very lazy player.

At this point I don't even know what he is. Wide player? Surely not. Striker? Maybe, but not a very good one.

I think Rashford has had his faults with consistency and decision making for a while but he's at least usually a threat for us, I don't want to get on his back too much.

The only irritating thing I've seen this season is some of his body language while he plays (often reverting to walking pace, slowing things down, needlessly overcomplicating things, maybe a bit lazier defensively). It's the sort of thing you'd see from Ronaldo and Messi, particularly Messi, but Rashford obviously isn't at the standard needed to justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.