Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
What he needs is easily a competition. Look at Luke Shaw, Rashford is one of the first tnames on the teamsheet, he doesn't go extra mile with effort and neither he's pushed to take more risks and show some extra quality to keep him in the squad, he's often too basic because his place is no under threat. Get Grealish in a consistent dribbler and creator and make Rashford work harder. Even Greenwood seems more on it lately. It is not possible for a player to play consistently on a high level every game of the season. Players need rest and motivation to raise their play.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Strange match. There were four or five times he ran with the ball when he was surrounded by three defenders. Each time he'd get past two but the third would easily win the ball. It's the kind of situation where if somebody else is in a better position him doing that is a poor decision, but if there isn't anything else happening then it's a good attempt to try to force something. Without watching them all back I can't say which category his attempts fall into.

Swiss_Red89

Needs a summer off, which he won’t get sadly.

I’ve grown sick and tired of all the abuse he takes from our fan base. Sometimes we have the worst fecking fans in the world. The Match day thread is just Rashford abuse every fecking time.

He’s our most productive player from open play and has been for what? 3 seasons? At 23. Kid bleeds United. Takes a lot of risks, tries the impossible sometimes, and shock horror it doesn’t come off, a lot. That’s the way it works when you try high risk, high reward manoeuvres.

Been playing through injury for about a year, to help the team. Never complains. Scores crucial goals even when he’s struggling. Has the weight of most of the attack on his shoulders. Gets doubled up on every game.

Would love to see some Rashford support in here. Some fecking appreciation for a brilliant talent from our own academy. Rather than the constant “overrated”, “will never be world class”, “average” nonsense that gets posted every 5 minutes.

Put this kid in an attack that has other real threats in it and so affords him a little more space, and you’ll see him get better still.
True and true and true again. I sometimes can't believe the abuse Marcus Rashford gets on the leading ManUnited Forum. I really thought he was one of our best players today if not the best. Yet i come back to this page and 90% of the posters thought he was terrible apart from the goal. It may be me cause i'm a massive Rashford fan but my two non United supporting mates thought the same during the game. So it may be a Swiss thing. :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Strange match. There were four or five times he ran with the ball when he was surrounded by three defenders. Each time he'd get past two but the third would easily win the ball. It's the kind of situation where if somebody else is in a better position him doing that is a poor decision, but if there isn't anything else happening then it's a good attempt to try to force something. Without watching them all back I can't say which category his attempts fall into.
Every time he got the ball tonight he had 3 men around him so he was left either passing it to Shaw or infield or trying to make something happen on his own

TheReligion

Abusive
True and true and true again. I sometimes can't believe the abuse Marcus Rashford gets on the leading ManUnited Forum. I really thought he was one of our best players today if not the best. Yet i come back to this page and 90% of the posters thought he was terrible apart from the goal. It may be me cause i'm a massive Rashford fan but my two non United supporting mates thought the same during the game. So it may be a Swiss thing. :lol:
He's a great player, academy made, 23 years old and a Manchester lad.

If you don't like him and want him to succeed you don't deserve to support our club.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Personally I thought he was much better than he has been recently. Great finish by the way too. It’s clear he’s not fit though but a shame he won’t get a summer off..

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Absolutely horrific performance. His form lately is really quite concerning.

Agree we really need competition for him though. We're very thin all the way across that front line.

Great goal but he was shite tonight. He finds himself surrounded by players because he keeps running into them.

Leonzo1

I’ve grown sick and tired of all the abuse he takes from our fan base. Sometimes we have the worst fecking fans in the world. The Match day thread is just Rashford abuse every fecking time.

He’s our most productive player from open play and has been for what? 3 seasons? At 23. Kid bleeds United. Takes a lot of risks, tries the impossible sometimes, and shock horror it doesn’t come off, a lot. That’s the way it works when you try high risk, high reward manoeuvres.

Been playing through injury for about a year, to help the team. Never complains. Scores crucial goals even when he’s struggling. Has the weight of most of the attack on his shoulders. Gets doubled up on every game.

Would love to see some Rashford support in here. Some fecking appreciation for a brilliant talent from our own academy. Rather than the constant “overrated”, “will never be world class”, “average” nonsense that gets posted every 5 minutes.

Put this kid in an attack that has other real threats in it and so affords him a little more space, and you’ll see him get better still.
Spot on. If you asked a random person with no knowledge of football to pick our worst player based only on this forum I can guarantee you it will be Rashford. A local lad from the academy, an incredibly humble and hardworking guy and a brilliant football player. Yet he gets abused pretty much every time he puts a foot wrong.

432JuanMata

Well taking goal. I’m a bit worried of how often he has looked poor on the ball this season. He could do with a break but I can’t be the only one that thinks he isn’t improving as much as we would like ?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think it’s just a level headed thing. This generation has been ruined by Messi and Ronaldo and the ridiculous levels they’ve attained. Now every player gets built up to the heights when they break through then destroyed by their own fans when it turns out they may just be very good, not a GOAT.

It’s bizarre and borderline immature.

city-puma

Exactly. I hope he gets rest against Granada. We should give Elanga a chance if he has been back from injury.

Holters

Rashford doesn't look fit. The back injury he has is one he will he will have to manage and take care of for the rest of his life. On top of that he has been struggling with a shoulder injury and more recently an ancle injury. We really need to protect him so we don't end his career early due to injuries and overusing him.

charlenefan

Absolutely horrific performance. His form lately is really quite concerning.

Agree we really need competition for him though. We're very thin all the way across that front line.
FFS:houllier:

simplyared

I refuse to critisize him in any way. He's danger to any defense when he gets the ball. Legend status and still so young. Clearly our most valuable player. Love the lad!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Wut?

I love Rashford mate, but he was bad. Lost the ball pretty much constantly by trying to dribble past the entire Brighton defence.

He's a proper streaky player. Hopefully that goal is the start of his latest streak. Would be great timing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Good post. It’s a shame we genuinely have no competition for him, though.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Says everything that even when playing half fit he's still scoring more than double any other forward.

charlenefan

Wut?

I love Rashford mate, but he was bad. Lost the ball pretty much constantly by trying to dribble past the entire Brighton defence.

He's a proper streaky player. Hopefully that goal is the start of his latest streak. Would be great timing.
he had the best pass completion of any of the attacking players tonight, of the front 6 on Fred was better. He also scored an important goal. If that's a absolutely horrific performance then I'll take that every single week

spiriticon

This thread must be full of 'Apart from his goal or assist, he was crap' remarks. Week in, week out.

Next week: Oh shit yet another goal which you didn't deserve? Stahp it Rashy. You foolin'

city-puma

You seem to like Elanga my mate?
From what I watched, he has speed, finishing, really good dribbling, and can take on the opponents. And, he played a lot on left! We are in striker crisis, Rashford is apparently playing with injury for quite while. So, I want to see Elanga shows if he can play in this level. Yes, I rate him.

TheReligion

Abusive
From what I watched, he has speed, finishing, really good dribbling, and can take on the opponents. And, he played a lot on left! We are in striker crisis, Rashford is apparently playing with injury for quite while. So, I want to see Elanga shows if he can play in this level. Yes, I rate him.
Yeah I like him but haven't seen him much recently. Elanga reminds me of Martial in his style of play.

Wonder if we'll see more of Shoretire instead

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Fans on here:

Martial has 7 goals in all comps. "But he holds the ball up so well"

Rashford now has 19 despite probably playing half fit for Months. "He's not good enough".

Clueless. Absolutely clueless.

Swiss_Red89

I think it’s just a level headed thing. This generation has been ruined by Messi and Ronaldo and the ridiculous levels they’ve attained. Now every player gets built up to the heights when they break through then destroyed by their own fans when it turns out they may just be very good, not a GOAT.

It’s bizarre and borderline immature.
The irony is I quite often watch Bayern for example and the likes of Sane or Coman can be quite frustrating as well. I feel Rashford is sometimes unfairly jugded on CR7's unbeliveable 06-09 performances. This level of performances was the best i've ever seen from a PL player since i started following it closely 20 years ago. Yet our fans expect Rashford to perform on prime CR7 level ever week.

We have to accept what he is. A very good, productive player capable of the magic moment, yet due to his high risk style often very inconsistent and frustrating. I think the most similar player to him is Nani. I was really sad when he got booed off at OT during the Moyes reign. I assume to Rashford would happen the same at one point if he wasn't a Manc.

Last edited:

432JuanMata

Fans on here:

Martial has 7 goals in all comps. "But he holds the ball up so well"

Rashford now has 19 despite probably playing half fit for Months. "He's not good enough".

Clueless. Absolutely clueless.
Firstly Martial is been tore to shreds this season on here and rightfully so. Secondly I know the caf is very hyperbole but surely nobody is saying he isn’t good enough ?
He has scored plenty this season(not that much in the league) but he has had a below average season. He wastes a lot of chances but being on 19 shows how good his running off the ball is.

I agree with people saying this season he has been average and needs a break but if some are saying he isn’t good enough then they need their heads checked

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Who keeps telling him he’s good at dribbling? This kid still tries to take on 3 players at once every time he’s in the left channel. What’s worse is how slow his brain works once he gets the ball to his feet.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Firstly Martial is been tore to shreds this season on here and rightfully so. Secondly I know the caf is very hyperbole but surely nobody is saying he isn’t good enough ?
He has scored plenty this season(not that much in the league) but he has had a below average season. He wastes a lot of chances but being on 19 shows how good his running off the ball is.

I agree with people saying this season he has been average and needs a break but if some are saying he isn’t good enough then they need their heads checked
Mate, there’s literally only nine players, NINE, with more goals and assists than him from Europe’s top 5 leagues. If you don’t think Rashford is having a very good season, you never ever will.

Christ, I can’t imagine how players like Rooney and Tevez would be disparaged here in their prime.

What output would people be satisfied with?

city-puma

Who keeps telling him he’s good at dribbling? This kid still tries to take on 3 players at once every time he’s in the left channel. What’s worse is how slow his brain works once he gets the ball to his feet.
I actually love his attempt to take on the opponents several times. That’s exactly what we lack in the center and right in today’s game. Against such a well-organized defense system, we need different ways to create situations. Dribbling into the box is one of them. It created several chaos.

Swiss_Red89

I actually love his attempt to take on the opponents several times. That’s exactly what we lack in the center and right in today’s game. Against such a well-organized defense system, we need different ways to create situations. Dribbling into the box is one of them. It created several chaos.
True again. I agree he doesn't look in full control of the ball when he is dribbling in full force, but the pace and directness of his movements make him very unpredictable for defenders (and for himself tbf )

But he is capable of creating situations with his dribblings, especially against low blocks when we are struggling to create. So we need someone like hime to take risk.

Last edited:

Mr. Ant

That's the thing though he needs a rest. I just worry he will end up like Rooney. Overused far too early in his career only to burn out very early because of injuries.

VivaRonaldo85

He’s our only forward who tries to drive at players and beat a man. He’s scored 19 goals & multiple assists and counting. He’s been criminally over played due to how poor our other forwards have been all season and is now paying the price physically it appears. I’m not sure what else this lad needs to give to not get so much stick on here. He’s far and away our most effective and influential forward player this season.

432JuanMata

Mate, there’s literally only nine players, NINE, with more goals and assists than him from Europe’s top 5 leagues. If you don’t think Rashford is having a very good season, you never ever will.

Christ, I can’t imagine how players like Rooney and Tevez would be disparaged here in their prime.

What output would people be satisfied with?
Yeah I said a credit to his movement that he has such high numbers. That is why I was shocked if anyone says he isn’t good enough but no matter what you say he has only been average overall this season in his all round performances and feel he needs a break.

I rate him so highly and he is the second main reason we are 2nd after Bruno but it seems if players score a goal in a game he has had a good game which isn’t true. He has been average at best IMO this season but shows his talent that he has nearly 20 goals

I’m not hating on him which seems like I am because I criticise but I feel he just needs a decent rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.