5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

He’s clearly playing through injury, has all the talent in the world but something is missing currently.

Red_toad

he had the best pass completion of any of the attacking players tonight, of the front 6 on Fred was better. He also scored an important goal. If that's a absolutely horrific performance then I'll take that every single week
Yep some people can't wait to have a pop at him and wonder why he's undroppable.

jem

A lovely goal, but feck was he ever frustrating otherwise. The whole trying to dribble through a gaggle of defenders thing just isn't working for him.

Marwood

A lovely goal, but feck was he ever frustrating otherwise. The whole trying to dribble through a gaggle of defenders thing just isn't working for him.
I maybe et doing it once or twice just to get something going but which player in the world can repeatedly dribble four defenders and come out with the ball? Nobody I think is the answer. He's doing it and just hoping really.

Don't think it helps that him and Shaw are on each others toes at times.

Marwood

Mate, there’s literally only nine players, NINE, with more goals and assists than him from Europe’s top 5 leagues. If you don’t think Rashford is having a very good season, you never ever will.

Christ, I can’t imagine how players like Rooney and Tevez would be disparaged here in their prime.

What output would people be satisfied with?
I don't think anybody is really arguing with his output but his allround game needs polishing if we want to win leagues and champions leagues.

You can't make as many bad decisions or give the ball away like he does and win the biggest tournaments.

Djemba-Djemba

Needs a summer off, which he won’t get sadly.

I’ve grown sick and tired of all the abuse he takes from our fan base. Sometimes we have the worst fecking fans in the world. The Match day thread is just Rashford abuse every fecking time.

He’s our most productive player from open play and has been for what? 3 seasons? At 23. Kid bleeds United. Takes a lot of risks, tries the impossible sometimes, and shock horror it doesn’t come off, a lot. That’s the way it works when you try high risk, high reward manoeuvres.

Been playing through injury for about a year, to help the team. Never complains. Scores crucial goals even when he’s struggling. Has the weight of most of the attack on his shoulders. Gets doubled up on every game.

Would love to see some Rashford support in here. Some fecking appreciation for a brilliant talent from our own academy. Rather than the constant “overrated”, “will never be world class”, “average” nonsense that gets posted every 5 minutes.

Put this kid in an attack that has other real threats in it and so affords him a little more space, and you’ll see him get better still.
Love this post and totally agree.

For whatever reason Rashford seems to bring out the worst in a lot of Utd fans and I don't understand why.

Like you said, he's clearly fecking playing through a lot of pain, he's going to score 20 plus goals again and yet he seems to take constant abuse from some.

Very annoying

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He scores goals but will forever be frustrating.

Womp

idiot
He is our most important player along with Bruno. We can be absolutely shite as a collective, but he still comes up with goals.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He scores goals but will forever be frustrating.
Very few attackers aren't frustrating at times. Take into account that Rashford is 23 and is one of our most important players right now playing at a giant club, i'd say he is doing very well.
Plenty of time to become less frustrating. Isn't he playing with an injury too?

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Fans on here:

Martial has 7 goals in all comps. "But he holds the ball up so well"

Rashford now has 19 despite probably playing half fit for Months. "He's not good enough".

Clueless. Absolutely clueless.
The fans are genuinely a wreck but I'm more sympathetic to the general sentiment though, everyone is scratching around for some validity of what this mess of a team is. Rashford is as close to a performing output value player behind Bruno and yet Rashford's development is still 2 years away and he's paid like he's a multiple balon'dor winner.

This whole club and squad is such a mess :lol: the value of what the whole sum of the footballing component is fecking bizarre :lol:.

snk123

Fans on here:

Rashford now has 19 despite probably playing half fit for Months. "He's not good enough".

Rashford has played 1100+ more minutes! And Martial gets crucified on here so your point does not make any sense

Eternitiy

Excellent finish. However, I am so worried. It's so obvious he's playing through significant pain in every match with his body language, grimacing, clutching of his back. I'm very worried for his long term health.

Flexdegea

Fans on here:

True :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All I hear these days

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

I’ve grown sick and tired of all the abuse he takes from our fan base. Sometimes we have the worst fecking fans in the world. The Match day thread is just Rashford abuse every fecking time.

He’s our most productive player from open play and has been for what? 3 seasons? At 23. Kid bleeds United. Takes a lot of risks, tries the impossible sometimes, and shock horror it doesn’t come off, a lot. That’s the way it works when you try high risk, high reward manoeuvres.

Been playing through injury for about a year, to help the team. Never complains. Scores crucial goals even when he’s struggling. Has the weight of most of the attack on his shoulders. Gets doubled up on every game.

Would love to see some Rashford support in here. Some fecking appreciation for a brilliant talent from our own academy. Rather than the constant “overrated”, “will never be world class”, “average” nonsense that gets posted every 5 minutes.

Put this kid in an attack that has other real threats in it and so affords him a little more space, and you’ll see him get better still.
Excellent post!

stepic

Good goal but was absolutely terrible besides it. Hey Marcus you’re not good enough to drive through three defenders. After the 7th time of trying you’d think you’d get the hint.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What a player.

He is the type of player that we would be dying to buy or talk about if he played for another team but people hate because he is ours.

The guy is 23 and is as close to a regular 20 a season goalscorer. Fans are delusional at this club.

Footyislife

Is he a decent young player that we should be glad to have, yes. Are we going to ever win anything with Rashford as our starting LW? No
(unless he take a massive leap, which he could)

He is lethal on the counter, crosses well, very good technically. However he is wasteful with his chances and not good at linking up play to break teams down. I don't think he has the mental attributes to be Mbappe or Cristiano, but he could become a poor man's Henry or a Sanchez level player. Greenwood has the most potential compared to Rashy, Martial. If someone fused Rashford & Martial we'd get a world class player

Sylar

Two things always make me laugh:
-when he comes at a complete standstill, like somebody hit reboot on him, then he goes for a killer final ball
-trying to dribble past five players in a crowded area but not doing it when there's only one player

His finish was brilliant. As soon as he opened his body I had no doubt he would score. Would be even better if he had a left foot

Is he a decent young player that we should be glad to have, yes. Are we going to ever win anything with Rashford as our starting LW? No
(unless he take a massive leap, which he could)
Odd take when he's been the best of our front attacking players and isn't an issue like some would believe. His goal contributions outweigh performances right now

POF

He definitely seems like he's carrying an injury. Quality finish but he did absolutely nothing otherwise.

I don't mind his lack of productivity if he's attempting to be creative. Sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn't and he should be encouraged to try an ambitious run, pass or shot.

But without the ball, he's an absolute non event. He does less defensively than any other player in the side by a long way. If it's because of injury you can accept it but when fully fit he needs to do a lot more. At one point in the 2nd half Ben White dribbled past him, simply because he knew Rashford would make absolutely no effort to challenge.

Messi puts in a bigger defensive contribution than Rashford does currently.

RRCE

It’s unfair to judge Rashford too harshly, in my opinion. He looks like he’s playing at 50% at best, but typically still finds a way to make a meaningful contribution. He’s a warrior, which is why Ole loves him. He’s clearly willing to play through pain and put his body on the line. I’m not sure if that’s brave or stupid at times, but I respect the commitment.

Hopefully Ole can rest him at times over the next couple of months, because the boy is going to run himself into the ground. He could really use a summer off, but that isn’t going to happen.

Ibi Dreams

He's a great player and we're lucky to have him. On our list of problems to solve he is right down at the bottom

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is one of the main reasons Id want Sancho here.

Sancho can rotate with Rashford on the left when we have a good RW in form and Sancho isnt needed there.

Lappen

Great post!

Everyone can see that he's not 100% fit, and haven't been for some time. He still put his foot out there and do the deference we need. He need some rest and probably the surgery right now, but keeps on fighting until the moment fit the team.
As a Manchester United fan I can't do anything els than keep on support him. And as a human being I absolutely loves what he does of the pitch.

For me, he is on his way to be one of the biggest player/human being in the history of Manchester United.

Pickle85

Has a knack of being utterly anonymous and then popping up with a goal or an assist. I like him a lot but he's also unbelievable frustrating to watch when he's not at it. Offers very little when the ball isn't at his feet but capable of moments of magic when it is. He'll continue to improve and be an important player for us but won't ever be a top fine in the world in his position, as he threatened to at one point. I do wish he worked a little harder without the ball and at times kept it simpler. That said, he remains one of our most unpredictable (in a good way) players.

Mainoldo

For his own career he needs to relax. It’s suicide watching him hobble off. Like watching Gurrincha

Heinzesight

Very poor but the bags a goal so it’s hard to be critical of him but he was awful that first half. But so were most of the team bar the first 10 minutes.

Clearly not fully fit and his and the club’s first priority should be his fitness not making the fecking Euros.

You can just write the script...he’ll likely play for England in the summer at 50% then have his surgery or rest or whatever he needs then miss the start of next season for United. He should be managed so that’s he’s fully fit for us at the start of next season.

Last edited:

Oldyella

For his own career he needs to relax. It’s suicide watching him hobble off. Like watching Gurrincha
Yeah, we are going to burn him out if we aren't careful. He keeps putting up numbers which is great but he has looked off his game for months. At least it now feels like the club are slowly realising this, a few months ago I couldn't see him getting subbed off.

Jonno

I honestly feel like he's been playing half injured since before COVID. It really affects his game, he can really drift out of games and he looks frustrated, and then he'll pop up with a lovely goal or an assist.

Fingers crossed, he'll not start every game for England in the summer, they are stacked in his position to be fair.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
he had the best pass completion of any of the attacking players tonight, of the front 6 on Fred was better. He also scored an important goal. If that's a absolutely horrific performance then I'll take that every single week
Eurgh, I don't wanna be one of those guys where its like I'm trash talking after a win, so I'll just leave it at I don't think he played well.

Carl

The lack of depth in our front 3 is frightening. With Martial out if Rashford goes down we're already into moving Pogba out wide or starting Dan James.

Mainoldo

The lack of depth in our front 3 is frightening. With Martial out if Rashford goes down we're already into moving Pogba out wide or starting Dan James.
Sancho is a must for me. Well him or a Neto or Dembele. They can all play RW and LW and gives us squad depth in that department. Really needs to be our priority.

Carl

Sancho is a must for me. Well him or a Neto or Dembele. They can all play RW and LW and gives us squad depth in that department. Really needs to be our priority.
I hope we do, but we need viable alternatives. So yeh, either someone like Neto or perhaps the likes of Raphina, McNeil, Pereira could come in and make the step up, if we can't go for someone as ready made as Sancho.

We can start Diallo
Would be nice. Seems he's not really deemed to be ready though.

Mike Smalling

Aside from the goal it wasn't a good performance, but it is so clear he is not at a 100%. Since we are fairly safe in the top four battle, I think Ole should consider only playing him once a week for now on. He is hopefully going to be an asset for many years to come, so it doesn't make sense to run him into the ground for the rest of the season - especially when he won't get rest in the summer.

Walters_19_MuFc

Mixed bag from Rashy again yesterday. He's obviously still playing through injury but he was one of the players who tried to force the issue and make things happen. Thankfully, he got his goal, which I thought was a fantastic finish.

Not sure how bad his injury is but if we keep playing him, we're going to break the poor lad.

Alan Partridge

He often looks disinterested. Only comes alive when the ball’s at his feet, at which point he tries to run directly at the goal regardless of the masses of defenders in his way. I’m not sure a niggling shoulder can make you 1) look completely disinterested or 2) make terrible, usually extra strenuous, decisions. He needs to work on his head. I fear he’s become complacent and there’s no one cracking down on him.

Banana Republic

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Rashford's number do look good, but I think most fans will admit, they flatter his less than average season.

Let's break it down.
In the EPL he's now scored 10 (......in 30 appearances).
The same as Callum Wilson at Newcastle, who are hovering just above the relegation zone (....and he's only played 21 games !)
One less that Ollie Watkins (Villa - over 29 games) and Lacazette (the Arse - over 26 games)

Of those 10 league goals, Marcus scored 5 of them in 4 matches in December, his only consistent productive spell in the league this season.

Outside of those 4 games in December, he's scored just 5 in 26 league games, including just 3 goals in 15 games, over the last 3 months since 1st January.
Suddenly the stats don't look as impressive......if you think matching Newcastle's top scorer as impressive in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.