Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He needs a fecking break. Us and England are trying to kill him by constantly picking him when he's willingly playing through injuries.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Rashford's number do look good, but I think most fans will admit, they flatter his less than average season.

Let's break it down.
In the EPL he's now scored 10 (......in 30 appearances).
The same as Callum Wilson at Newcastle, who are hovering just above the relegation zone.
One less that Ollie Watkins (Villa) and Lacazette (the Arse)

Of those 10 league goals, Marcus scored 5 of them in 4 matches in December, his only consistent productive spell in the league this season.

Outside of those 4 games in December, he's scored just 5 in 26 league games, including just 3 goals in 15 games, over the last 3 months since 1st January.
Suddenly the stats don't look as impressive......if you think matching Newcastle's top scorer as impressive in the first place.

Why are you comparing him to players playing the CF position?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Rashford's number do look good, but I think most fans will admit, they flatter his less than average season.

Let's break it down.
The same as Callum Wilson at Newcastle, who are hovering just above the relegation zone (....and he's only played 21 games !)
One less that Ollie Watkins (Villa - over 29 games) and Lacazette (the Arse - over 26 games)

Of those 10 league goals, Marcus scored 5 of them in 4 matches in December, his only consistent productive spell in the league this season.

Outside of those 4 games in December, he's scored just 5 in 26 league games, including just 3 goals in 15 games, over the last 3 months since 1st January.
Suddenly the stats don't look as impressive......if you think matching Newcastle's top scorer as impressive in the first place.

:lol:

acnumber9

Is he a decent young player that we should be glad to have, yes. Are we going to ever win anything with Rashford as our starting LW? No
He’s scored more goals than Sterling, Mane or Son. No player in his position has scored more. The answer to your question is complete shite.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Let's break it down.
The same as Callum Wilson at Newcastle, who are hovering just above the relegation zone (....and he's only played 21 games !)
One less that Ollie Watkins (Villa - over 29 games) and Lacazette (the Arse - over 26 games)

Except when you look at it more closely. 4 out of Wilson's goals were penalties and 3 out of Lacazette goals were penalties. Also you seem to have disregarded the fact that both of them play as strikers whereas Marcus plays as a wing forward.

Also weird that you've disregarded his assists which are kinda important but then again agenda is more important than facts.

Banana Republic

He’s scored more goals than Sterling, Mane or Son. No player in his position has scored more. The answer to your question is complete shite.
Repeat, more than half his goals have NOT come from wide positions.
It doesn't matter is he's scoring from the left, right or centre. They all count.
Sterling has only scored one league goal less, from 26 appearances, compared to 30 appearances for Rashford.
Son has scored 13 league goals and he spends a lot of time playing a wide position, usually on the left wing.

You need to look in the mirror regarding posting Shite.
I have quoted statistical facts.

p.s. Assists is a totally discredited statistic. They're a joke, as a mis-cue, mis-shot, simple knock on, or clumsy touch can all be included, whereas an incisive pass, great bit of creative skill, or killer cross just before, that creates the chance, goes unrecognised.
Does Pogba get an assist for Mason's goal yesterday, when it looked more like he fluffed what appeared to be a volley attempt. Luckily Mason was able to attack the ball and get a great winning header.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
Except when you look at it more closely. 4 out of Wilson's goals were penalties and 3 out of Lacazette goals were penalties. Also you seem to have disregarded the fact that both of them play as strikers whereas Marcus plays as a wing forward.

Also weird that you've disregarded his assists which are kinda important but then again agenda is more important than facts.
That guy made the same post in Feb, replied to his post saying in how many games Rashford has either scored and assisted. He didn't even respond, few days later again the same nonsense is posted.

KM

That guy made the same post in Feb, replied to his post saying in how many games Rashford has either scored and assisted. He didn't even respond, few days later again the same nonsense is posted.
He's a clown.

roonster09

Scout
Wide forward means players should score from wide positions only . If they score from centrally then they should be compared to CFs :lol:

KM

Wide forward means players should score from wide positions only . If they score from centrally then they should be compared to CFs :lol:
Rashford's last goal came from a wide position. That'd mean he's on 9 goals and hence less goals than Callum Wilson! Disgusting.

RORY65

Yeah apparently Son and Sterling's goals are all curled in from near the corner flag. I still don't understand some of the comments made about Rashford (I can be a bit negative at times but the matchday forum is just full of people slagging him off), yes he's not always been as great as he can be this season but he's been willing to play for the team while clearly injured and has still been one of our most productive and best players.

acnumber9

Repeat, more than half his goals have NOT come from wide positions.
Sterling has only scored one league goal less, from 26 appearances, compared to 30 appearances for Rashford.
Son has scored 13 league goals and he spends a lot of time playing a wide position, usually on the left wing.

You need to look in the mirror regarding posting Shite.
I have quoted statistical facts.
As have I. If you use all competitions rather than cherry picking, then Rashford has scored more than any of them. That’s a statistical fact.

What shite are you talking about wide positions? 15 of his goals have come from starting in wide positions. 9 of Stering’s goals have come from starting in wide positions. Unless you haven’t noticed, Sterling is very likely to win things this season. 14 of Son’s goals have been when starting in wide positions. No point in bothering with Mane. He’s nowhere near. Statistical facts.

And I didn’t quote you unless you have more than one account so never said you were talking shite. Since we’re here though, you’re talking shite.

acnumber9

QUOTE="roonster09, post: 27016917, member: 43337"]
[/QUOTE]
Also, if you score them in December they don’t count. Lacazette’s four goals in 3 games are ok because they were over the end of December and beginning of January.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Let's break it down.

Hahahahahaha

Translation: I don't like Rashford but he keeps shutting me up doing what's he paid to do. Score and make goals.

He's got 19 goals mate. The next best out of our forwards has 7. Rashford is one of the players we don't need to worry about at all. He's struggling with injuries and still doing more than Cavani, Martial and Greenwood.

Devil may care

Excellent finish but you can clearly see he's not fit, at this rate he's going to get a long term injury, United an England have a responsibility to act as Marcus will just keep playing if selected.

roonster09

Scout
Also, if you score them in December they don’t count. Lacazette’s four goals in 3 games are ok because they were over the end of December and beginning of January
Yeah, so much mental gymnastics.

He has scored or assisted in

4/6 games in CL (5 starts + 1 sub)
15/30 games in PL (28 starts + 2 subs)
2/3 games in FA cup (2 starts + 1 sub)
2/4 in League cup (1 start + 3 subs)
1/3 in Europa (2 start and 1 sub. In 1 of the start he played just 45 mins).

Which shows he is consistent at least with his output.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Because more than half his goals have come from central attacking positions, or from inside the box.
and he also doesn’t assist enough or create the kind of chances and spaces a winger does. He’s a striker (inside forward) playing on the left. I think it’s totally fair to compare his numbers with other strikers and inside forwards

Last edited:

Rojofiam

He really needs a long rest and apparently an operation too if I'm not wrong (shoulder?). With the Euros coming up though, I guess that's not a possibility...an injury-free, in-form Rashford is almost unplayable..I don't understand how people can say we won't win anything with him as our left winger :lol:

Caesar2290

Because more than half his goals have come from central attacking positions, or from inside the box.
I see your username reflects the quality of your posts.

By this logic we should throw in there Maguire and Lindelof since they score the goals from central positions as well.

Djemba-Djemba

Basically all season our attacking plan has been give the ball to Bruno or Rashford and hope they do something great and we score.

Greenwood has had a difficult 2nd season like almost all great young players have, although thankfully it looks like he's getting back to his best recently.

Cavani has been ok when he has played but has mostly been injured a lot and looks like he's on the way out.

Martial has been an utter fecking mess.

We should be thankful Rashford despite clearly not being fully fit has still managed to contribute so much.

Andersons Dietician

Brilliant finish. Was a tough day for all the forwards so not much to really say about it. When he got a decent chance he dispatched it which given the way the game was yesterday is all you could hope for.

Ali Dia

To be fair today we should be delighted that 2 of our forwards scored yesterday. Great for Greenwood to get the confidence flowing again. He could be very important on the run in for the EL. Rashford same as always. Same mistakes with dribbling but always a threat and got his goal. If we’d one more forward putting up similar numbers we’d be away with it. I think today is the wrong day to be complaining.

passing-wind

Let's break it down.

Poor basis of an argument when your comparing 9's with a left winger. Rashford hasn't had the best season but like Bruno he's effective. Irrespective if he's not showing a dazzling display he's been able to influence results. Seemingly has been playing injuries (plural) all season. I've no idea the discontent the fans have with Marcus he's been one of the club's most valued players since we've had one manager after another fail here.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Let's break it down.

I guess with this logic, that makes the likes of Sterling, Mane, Mahrez, and Jota seem like Championship material players given their numbers.

Mahrez had the nerve to score 3 of his 9 league goals in November but thankfully we know that November is a meaningful month, unlike December where all goals are void.

Let's break it down.

Rashford is a left winger. Compare his numbers to Mane, Aubameyang, Almiron, Pulisic and Sterling and then come back.

He is in the top 10 for goal and assist contributions across Europe’s top 5 leagues. Only Mbappe and Haaland are younger than him on the list. Stats don’t lie.

roonster09

Scout
Only 6 players have more Goals + assists in league this season (Kane, Bruno, Son, Salah, Bamford, Vardy).

Excluding penalties, Only 4 players have more Goals + assists in the league, (Kane, Son, Bruno, Bamford).

In all competitions, I think only 9 players have more goals + assists in top 5 leagues.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Everyone scores most of their goals from inside the box. It's logical. Rashford is a left winger. Compare his stats with wingers. Simple as. He doesn't play as a striker. He doesn't play the role of a striker. He's not even a wide poacher like you can call Salah.

Ali Dia

Only 6 players have more Goals + assists in league this season (Kane, Bruno, Son, Salah, Bamford, Vardy).

Excluding penalties, Only 4 players have more Goals + assists in the league, (Kane, Son, Bruno, Bamford).

In all competitions, I think only 9 players have more goals + assists in top 5 leagues.
Good post but 9 players is still a lot when you’ve other posters comparing him to George Best and freaking on people who say there’s still room for improvement.

roonster09

Scout
9 players is still a lot when you’ve posters comparing him to George Best and freaking on people who say there’s still room for improvement.
If you want to play that game, then 9 players isn't a lot for Rashford and a championship player.

Ali Dia

If you want to play that game, then 9 players isn't a lot for Rashford and a championship player.
I think all that stuff is juvenile to be fair. He’s clearly amongst the top PL forwards but with obvious kinks in his game. I think he’s trying to win it by himself a lot of the time for whatever reason. It’s either a pass back or trying to do it all. I just wish there was more creativity and willing runners for each other amongst our front 3. I think one of our wingers needs to be a creator first and foremost and we need a long term box striker to build chemistry as a unit. Rashford has been our best forward this year but if he wants to be world class he needs to get fully fit and keep evolving

Last edited:

Siezard

MMM combination still the best. Still remember MMM scoring more goals than Mane, Firmino and Salah last and this season.

rotherham_red

Everyone scores most of their goals from inside the box. It's logical. Rashford is a left winger. Compare his stats with wingers. Simple as. He doesn't play as a striker. He doesn't play the role of a striker. He's not even a wide poacher like you can call Salah.
Don't you know, every goal every winger has ever scored has been like this (skip to 3:12):

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he needs space to play in and to isolate his defender 1v1, so i have no idea why he spends so much time sitting in the pocket between fullback and CB with a midfielder right on his toes too, it just doesn’t work.

2nd half rashford and greenwood noticeably stayed wider and they got more room, but so did fernandes and pogba too.

we must keep playing wider, tucking everybody inside the pitch just doesn’t work.

Silverman

I'm wondering if his lack of positive emotions on the pitch is down to the fact he's playing with an injury for the last 18 months?
If so, we need to get him sorted which may mean a spell on the sidelines.
Wud be worth it imo.

sleepehead

I'm wondering if his lack of positive emotions on the pitch is down to the fact he's playing with an injury for the last 18 months?
If so, we need to get him sorted which may mean a spell on the sidelines.
Wud be worth it imo.
I hope once 2nd place is tied up he gets rest until the euros. I don't see the point in playing him when he should be resting. In all honesty he should probably skip euros and get surgery so he can be up and running sooner. I doubt he does that though

SAF is the GOAT

thru the rhythm this kid playing - he will be finished by 28. his carrying too many knocks and he never gets rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.