Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I thought he was lively first half and AWB looked a lot more confident going forward having Rashford in front of him

Clearly can't last longer than 45 minutes at the moment though

I know hes carrying an injury but letting Son run away from him for their goal had nothing to do with any injury, it's just lazy play and hes doing it a lot lately. He needs to knock it on the head because hes having a decent season otherwise.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Thought it was a great planned sub from Ole, kept both players motivated and in the game, and by the time Greenwood came on Reguilon was knackered from chasing Rashford and AWB all game. And Mason smashed it, took full advantage so fair play to him, great performance.

-Supreme-

He's not been great, but he might pop up with a goal on the left. On the right he's just inferior to Greenwood in every way.
He might get a goal yes but I’m not convinced his performance will influence the attacking play, and Pogba will either have to move to the right or deeper CM that would have affected the setup / balance of the team.

RooneyLegend

I know hes carrying an injury but letting Son run away from him for their goal had nothing to do with any injury, it's just lazy play and hes doing it a lot lately. He needs to knock it on the head because hes having a decent season otherwise.
He loves to cheat on defence so he can lead the counter. No need to slaughter him for it, it was just a bad read on his part.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He tracks back alot when hes fully fit, he needs a rest clearly

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is what I was trying to say in the other thread. The rest of our forwards would play a lot better if Rashford would use his teammates and do some pressing and tackling. Does he ever cross from the left? When was the last time he assisted? Shaw vs city i think and everyone, Shaw included was surprised he actually passed it off. Recently hes been poor in every metric apart from goals but shouldn’t a player with absolutely no defensive responsibilities in a top team not have a similar goal scoring output? I think so. He needs to get fit and then he needs to become a less selfish/more rounded player if he wants to go up a level or two. We totally came alive when he came off and i personally don’t think it’s a coincidence.

Last edited:

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
Hope he gets a week rest and does not play against Granada.
We need the best version of him till the end of the season.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Agree with what others have said, needs a rest. Looked half hearted in his play, whether that’s because he’s tired or wasn’t up for it who knows, but either way perhaps needs a game or two out of the side imo.

simplyared

Me being one of his biggest fans and I'm saying I don't want to see him starting games for us for a while. I want him rested. Never thought I'd be saying this but his last 2 games he's been a liability to the team.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Grenada and burnely up next, both at home.

Yep, rest rest rest!

Foxbatt

I thought he was decent today. Yes he let Son get away for the first goal but he seem to be running a bit harder than he normally does. Maybe Ole told him that he is going to get subbed and he needs to put in some effort. I was more surprised when he passed to Fred first touch for the first goal. He normally does not do that sort of thing.

Doracle

I thought he was decent today. Yes he let Son get away for the first goal but he seem to be running a bit harder than he normally does. Maybe Ole told him that he is going to get subbed and he needs to put in some effort. I was more surprised when he passed to Fred first touch for the first goal. He normally does not do that sort of thing.
He’s very good at that fast link up play - it’s something he did a lot with Martial and Bruno last season. Did a good job on the right I thought.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Two touch, actually, but his pass back to Fred was essential for that goal.

OmarUnited4ever

I hope he is rested for the Granada game, and only plays 2nd half vs Burnley, he really needs some sort of break to rest & recover.

Mr Smith

I hope he is rested for the Granada game, and only plays 2nd half vs Burnley, he really needs some sort of break to rest & recover.
I agree, no reason at all for him to play against Granada. He can be on the bench in case of an emergency, but he's tired and injured, and we need to look after him.

Bwuk

I'd rest him until Leeds on the 25th.

We shouldn't need him vs Granada with a 2 goal lead, and against Burnley I'd happily see Pogba/Cavani/Greenwood front 3.

OmarUnited4ever

@Mr Smith & @Bwuk

Indeed, perhaps for Granada & Burnley, Rashford can rest and we can go with Cavani, Greenwood, James (if fit), & Amad as attacking options, with Pogba high-up the field in case he is selected alongside McFred & Bruno for the Burnley game.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah that was quite shocking to me, needs to do it a lot more and we should score a lot more goals.

Raven

Been shite lately, just rest the poor bastard. He's a great player but clearly fatigued and playing through an injury which is only making his already dodgy decision making worse.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not his best performance but I don't know why we can't rest him for a few games if he's injured? Surely we need him ready for next season and uncessarily risking his long term availability is not in our interest?

Sylar

Grenada and burnely up next, both at home.

Yep, rest rest rest!
Agree, best time for him to recover and be ready for the games ahead. Esp with Martial out, we can rely on Cavani and Mason for those two games (and James as the sub)

lex talionis

I'd rest him until Leeds on the 25th.

We shouldn't need him vs Granada with a 2 goal lead, and against Burnley I'd happily see Pogba/Cavani/Greenwood front 3.
This. There’s no need to put Rashford on the pitch until Leeds.

Man Utd 3:1 Burnley

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Good today, you can tell when he's had a week off and is a little less injured

Like last week against Spurs though you can see the injury caught up with him at the end

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really good today, they didn’t know how to deal with him.

Swiss_Red89

I thought he was worldclass today. Was a joy to watch. IMO his best allround performance since the Leeds game in december. (where he didnt score or assist but played brilliantly).

I just hope he can get over his injuries soon.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He was a lot better today. You can still see him wincing after challenges and overthinking and overplaying certain moves. Some lovely ball on the overlap for Shaw and he tracked back. It’s looking like it’s not a rest issue as much as a getting to the bottom of his injuries for once and for all. When will he get the time though?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Orgasmic.

Ole's finding time to rest Marcus is immediately being rewarded with some mad skills and class assist.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That was the best he's looked for ages. Although he didn't end up getting the final product with a goal or assist, his overall attacking play was significantly better. Particularly for the 25 minutes after halftime where he looked back to the form he was showing during that period last season he was ripping teams apart.

Edit: I forgot he did get an assist for Greenwood's first. :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Limped off again, btw. Thankfully he’s got the week off!

Walters_19_MuFc

A lot better when he moved out to the left today. Fantastic run to set up the first goal and linked up really with Shaw.

Yet again came off injured, though.

OL29

Back to his old self, such a joy to watch in full flight. It’s imperative we have enough options to rest him when needed next season as he transforms our attack when on form.

Status
Not open for further replies.