Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Such a great player to watch, those skills, passes to Shaw and dribbles :drool:

Frank White

That was the best he's looked for ages. Although he didn't end up getting the final product with a goal or assist, his overall attacking play was significantly better. Particularly for the 25 minutes after halftime where he looked back to the form he was showing during that period last season he was ripping teams apart.
Huh? Surely he's granted the assist for Greenwoods 1st?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
When he's got the bit between his teeth and he's feeling confident he can be spectacular. Unplayable today.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He needs the summer off, only way he's going to get over these injuries. With the WC next summer he should sit out the Euro's

acnumber9

Great stuff from him. I just wish we could get him fit because he’s developing into a superstar.

Frank White

Looked a menace throughout and contributed decently on the defensive side with some nice pressing. Was a joy to watch today and hopefully can carry it on throughout the rest of the season.

kiristao

Good game by him. Needs to play on the left though. His understanding with Shaw is excellent. Needs to take a shot sooner though. A lot of times he is in a great position and he tries to get into the perfect situation to shoot and the chance is gone.

kundalini

I thought he was good today. Made use of his techical ability. Some nicely weighted passes for Shaw to run on to. Assist for Greenwood's goal. Decent shot from a tight angle that was saved.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Imagine an academy producing him AND Greenwood in such a relatively short span of time together.

Devil may care

Looked more like himself today, still has that young Ronaldo issue of trying to beat the same player 3 times when a shot or pass can be made, but he's so exciting to watch and hurt Burnley in key moments.

city-puma

Just had a full week of rest first time, he returned to that wonderful player we all know! The coaches need to take care of him!

Andersons Dietician

I thought he had a good game. Just made better decisions which was a great start. He did kind of slip in to old habits a bit before his sub but yeah generally though he was pretty good. More performances like this please.

criticalanalysis

Good today, you can tell when he's had a week off and is a little less injured

Like last week against Spurs though you can see the injury caught up with him at the end
He was a lot better today. You can still see him wincing after challenges and overthinking and overplaying certain moves. Some lovely ball on the overlap for Shaw and he tracked back. It’s looking like it’s not a rest issue as much as a getting to the bottom of his injuries for once and for all. When will he get the time though?
He looks so much more refreshed that it's worrying 1) he has this injury and 2) it's just poor management from himself and Ole that it's got to this stage where we've been overplaying him like feck.

The same goes to Bruno too.

Good game today, not back to his best (circa last year pre lockdown) but should have had a few more clear shots at goal. Just smack the ball lad.

Posh Red

Looked closer to his best today. He’s been catching flack lately and it seems obvious to me that he’s not been 100% physically. He’s played a bit less the last week or so and looks better for it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Imagine an academy producing him AND Greenwood in such a relatively short span of time together.
Our academy often gets criticised in recent years. We had FIVE academy graduates starting today.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
don't remember when was the last game he was switched on like today, very good ball control and touch, felt so easy and effortless for a lot of players today to glue the ball to their feet, the pitch looked in top shape. But le't not take away the performance from Rashy. My only criticism is he's got a hell of a shot and sometimes suffer from overthinking, but both him and Fernandes have really good vision so sometimes can overdo things. Greenwood seems also well rounded not just a striker, but so far keeps it simple more than others...

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He looks so much more refreshed that it's worrying 1) he has this injury and 2) it's just poor management from himself and Ole that it's got to this stage where we've been overplaying him like feck.

The same goes to Bruno too.

Good game today, not back to his best (circa last year pre lockdown) but should have had a few more clear shots at goal. Just smack the ball lad.
Ive been shouting this/just pass the ball at the tv way too often since this time last season. You can see after the few games off he’s got more energy and played with a bit more zest but he’s still not moving freely. I would guess he’s been playing at about 75%since this time last year and still putting up good numbers which is just mad really. It’s confusing as what to do with him when he’s still influencing games while he’s injured but wants to play. I thought we looked a lot more dangerous with Cavani on the pitch either way. We need those runs to make space in dangerous areas

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Good today, you can tell when he's had a week off and is a little less injured

Like last week against Spurs though you can see the injury caught up with him at the end
Ha, the favourite caf trend of players being injured/tired when they are bad and recovered when they perform. He played better today than he has done of late, although he still continues to frustrate.

Longer term, I have no real concerns here though, I’m sure he is still putting his game together. But while he is doing so, he will continue to frustrate and make strange decisions.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ha, the favourite caf trend of players being injured/tired when they are bad and recovered when they perform. He played better today than he has done of late, although he still continues to frustrate.

Longer term, I have no real concerns here though, I’m sure he is still putting his game together. But while he is doing so, he will continue to frustrate and make strange decisions.
It's not a trend is blatantly obvious to anyone with eyes

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
People were saying he needed a break after a two week international break even. It never stops. The eyes see what they want.
He was injured during that break? After he went with England despite not being fit to train and getting injured in the process.

Mike Smalling

Looked so much fitter and sharper today. Was really a joy to watch. Did everything you could want from a wide forward - just a bit unlucky that the chances didn't open up for him. With a full weeks rest before Leeds, hopefully we can see this version of Rashford for the next few games as well.

Brightonian

Good game by him. Needs to play on the left though. His understanding with Shaw is excellent. Needs to take a shot sooner though. A lot of times he is in a great position and he tries to get into the perfect situation to shoot and the chance is gone.
Yep, he should look at how many Greenwood puts in via deflections and take note. Shoot hard and on target from the positions he so often gets himself into and some of them will get in somehow.

Brilliant game though. Little glimpse of just how good he is when not exhausted and carrying injuries. Reminded me of how he was playing before his back went last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.