Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highfather_24

Because he wasn't what you say he was.

He wasn't in my top 3 or bottom 3. He had a solid yet unspectacular game. He certainly wasn't horrid.

The only horrid thing here is your grasp of the match.
sure jan

he says like that's a bad thing :lol: :houllier:
That was a praise.

Ehh, dont see why people are getting so triggered. I think it was a 4/10 performance, others think it was a 6/10 one, not like there's a huge gap in our evaluation. Damn people are sensitive about Rashford

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
ok jan

That was a praise.

Ehh, dont see why people are getting so triggered. I think it was a 4/10 performance, others think it was a 6/10 one. Damn people are sensitive about Rashford
guess people spouting nonsense like it being a 4/10 performance is going to deservedly get some criticism

Saddy

He should only play against Liverpool and then just 30 minute subbed on in one more match (for fitness levels) until the final - we need him fully fresh

siw2007

Actually thought he had a good game today, some good runs, good passes, good link up and a fab assist.

Swiss_Red89

There can only be praise and no complaints about Rashford’s performance today.
We won 3:1 and generally are on a high. Rashford played a decent game and assisted the deciding goal with a brilliant cross. Not much to complain really.
But i get it, some people just love to complain and take every opportunity to do so.

Tony247

If you criticise him enough on match day thread then he will either score of assist. Just saying.

UncleBob

He was a solid 6. Not spectacular not poor.

The facts are a lot of fans on here don't like him. Why? Because they love old sulky pants Tony Martial.

It's pathetic. Rashford made two bad final passes today. So did Greenwood Pogba and Bruno too.

It's a joke how only his mistakes are highlighted.
Weird rant.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So instead of admitting you were in the wrong, you continue the insults?
It doesn't bother me. They all have it in for Marcus for some reason. I suspect it's because they are Martial fan boys.

20 goals (barely any pens) and 15 assists is class. It's even better when you consider he's been playing injured.

The lad gets no praise at all. Bizarre.

Rossa

It doesn't bother me. They all have it in for Marcus for some reason. I suspect it's because they are Martial fan boys.

20 goals (barely any pens) and 15 assists is class. It's even better when you consider he's been playing injured.

The lad gets no praise at all. Bizarre.
I do not understand this animosity towards Rashford. Not only is he a great footballer that most teams would love to have in their team, but he is only a great ambassador for how priveleged footballers should behave off the pitch.

Pogba fanboys have a need to talk down Bruno, and Bruno fanboys need to talk down Pogba in order to make their arguments.

Rashford is brilliant, and although he has his flaws, he contributes greatly to the team and is also playing through an injury that clearly hampers his overall play.

criticalanalysis

He's in bit of a rut with consistency and fitness and it's painful to watch because he is so talented.

Last year pre lock down he was incredible. I hope he can recover or find that comfortableness again soon.

Really bad on some plays today but once again another peach of an assist.

Doracle

Played well yesterday without it quite working out for him - the defender taking Greenwood’s scuffed shot off his toes must have been irritating! I liked that there was a lot of switching of position between Rashford/Greenwood particularly. Hopefully, we don’t see him at all tomorrow and then back again for Liverpool.

spiriticon

He is 80% Walcott and 20% Pele ain't he? :lol:

That 20% is game changing though. That cross for Cavani's goal yesterday was :drool:

Kostov

I though he was absolute shit once again. Some of the decision he makes are shocking, and then pulls that assist to finish the game.... 5/10 performance imo.

Steven-UK

Even worse, you're legacy fan then.
Where do people like you even come from?

You call people 'legacy fans', I've been to Champion's League finals in my 14 years as a ST holder, seen endless Premiership title wins & cup wins; Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, play together.....Van Persie, Giggs, Scholes. etc. etc. Seen live, winning everything; experienced the feeling that we will 'just win', and were the best.

I'd take that, bank it in the memory, and never wish I was a 'fan for the future' :drool:

Still a fan..... but those random and silly 'saying's that the youth have today.... that I wouldn't ever bank. It's just childish.

BFernandes

Where do people like you even come from?

You call people 'legacy fans', I've been to Champion's League finals in my 14 years as a ST holder, seen endless Premiership title wins & cup wins; Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, play together.....Van Persie, Giggs, Scholes. etc. etc. Seen live, winning everything; experienced the feeling that we will 'just win', and were the best.

I'd take that, bank it in the memory, and never wish I was a 'fan for the future' :drool:

Still a fan..... but those random and silly 'saying's that the youth have today.... that I wouldn't ever bank. It's just childish.
Whooosh :rolleyes:

UDontMessWith24

His assist was yet another reminder of what it looks like when he backs himself and is decisive as soon as he sees the run. Same as his goal at PSG earlier in the year he just needs to back himself and pull the trigger that’s when you can really see how gifted he is.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Ehh, dont see why people are getting so triggered. I think it was a 4/10 performance, others think it was a 6/10 one, not like there's a huge gap in our evaluation. Damn people are sensitive about Rashford
Seems difficult to give someone a 4/10 performance when we won the match and the player contributed an assist. What does someone need to do to get a 7/10 from you?

marktan

Hopefully he gets a rest at the Euros and then can get surgery if it's needed. when he's fully fit he's a top top player.

Highfather_24

Seems difficult to give someone a 4/10 performance when we won the match and the player contributed an assist. What does someone need to do to get a 7/10 from you?
Whether we win or lose is irrelavant to the players rating for me, its about individual performance. We can lose and I can still give a player 10/10(De Gea/Cavani against Roma second leg).

As for your question, I thought Fred had a 7/10 performance yesterday. So did Wan Bissaka etc. The reason I gave Rashford a low rating was because he failed to play well as our lone CF, and Cavani's performance made the gap even bigger in my eyes(exactly why Martial's worth has dropped imo too).

He failed to hold up the ball, didnt occupy their defenders enough, didnt take on players succesfully, decision making was off all game(bar the assist), and workrate was poor too. That's my opinion. Fine if you disagree.

Dr. Dwayne

Whether we win or lose is irrelavant to the players rating for me, its about individual performance. We can lose and I can still give a player 10/10(De Gea/Cavani against Roma second leg).

As for your question, I thought Fred had a 7/10 performance yesterday. So did Wan Bissaka etc. The reason I gave Rashford a low rating was because he failed to play well as our lone CF, and Cavani's performance made the gap even bigger in my eyes(exactly why Martial's worth has dropped imo too).

He failed to hold up the ball, didnt occupy their defenders enough, didnt take on players succesfully, decision making was off all game(bar the assist), and workrate was poor too. That's my opinion. Fine if you disagree.
Just trying to understand how you approach it. I keep it basic, 4 is the standard rating for a loss, 5 for a draw and 6 for a win. Then factor in things like mistakes (give aways that lead to goals, red cards etc), positive actions (goals, assists, key saves, tackles interceptions etc) and overall performance. Generally in my system, for 10/10 you need a hat-trick in a winning match (6 for the win, one point for each goal and bonus for the hat-trick)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Everyone will do the ratings differently (or in my case not at all!) but I think it makes more sense to rate individuals based on the way they personally played. Just starting everyone at a 6 for a win seems a little strange to me. What if Henderson throws 5 balls into his own net but we win 6-5?

Despite the pelters @Highfather_24 is getting, I don’t think there’s much wrong in his opinion. Rashford was probably 5/10 in my book but it was a largely poor performance with a moment of real quality for the assist. That in a nutshell is the issue with Rashford. He’s either a 9/10 or he’s a 4 or 5/10 and that’s something he needs to stamp out in time. He’s still young though and when it all comes together we could be looking at a world beater.

Dr. Dwayne

Everyone will do the ratings differently (or in my case not at all!) but I think it makes more sense to rate individuals based on the way they personally played. Just starting everyone at a 6 for a win seems a little strange to me. What if Henderson throws 5 balls into his own net but we win 6-5?

Despite the pelters @Highfather_24 is getting, I don’t think there’s much wrong in his opinion. Rashford was probably 5/10 in my book but it was a largely poor performance with a moment of real quality for the assist. That in a nutshell is the issue with Rashford. He’s either a 9/10 or he’s a 4 or 5/10 and that’s something he needs to stamp out in time. He’s still young though and when it all comes together we could be looking at a world beater.
It's a starting point and I go from there. In the scenario you outline Henderson would likley get 1/10 rating (start at 6/10 for the win then -5 for the goals conceded). I find that establishing a base helps remove bias.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
sure jan

That was a praise.

Oh, yes, they sure are.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Really needs to not go to the euros. Been an absolute shadow of himself for months now and I suspect he hasn't been fully fit all season, and is still almost at the top of all players in Europe for minutes played. If he goes to the euros when does he ever get a proper break. With Foden, Sterling, Grealish, Sancho etc as other options it would be better for everyone in the long term if he was left at home
For United this would be great news but tactically he’s a very important player for England even if he doesn’t start. Only player with a penetrative streak to him in terms of running in behind from wide areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.