Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I just dont feel like giving up on Rashford yet as other people have.

If we become a team on form, with us having some players on good form - then I can turn around and start picking out Rashford for not being good enough like the rest of the team are.

Right now the whole team is shit. So I don't feel like picking on Rashford as a player who is crap and should leave the club.

Matst1

Loving how Marcus & Harry spoke out, so some of you better shut up for a while and let them do their thing to get our form back.
Not their idea, it’s their team behind them, trying to protect their brand. It’s all bull

CloneMC16

Good words from Rashford. He's obviously dedicated to prove his worth for the club. I'm happy to read this lines.

I just hope he picks up form soon.
The treatment he's receiving from the fanbase at the moment is over the top imo.
I prefer that he communicates in a situation like this, but words can only get him so far. You'd expect a player that's been at the club since he was a child to be one of us. He's a fan and wants to see the club do well. The issue is he's been playing poorly for over a year now. This is the major concern. The fans are frustrated watching him do the same thing over and over again. It keeps failing and he seemingly never learns. His body language and effort on the pitch have also not looked great.

I can accept players making mistakes and losing the ball, but I want to see effort trying to win it back. More often than not, Rashford stands and watches after he runs into a 3 defenders and gives the ball away. When he was playing injured, you could say maybe his lack of effort defending is due to his injury. You can't use that excuse for him any more.

stw2022

I prefer that he communicates in a situation like this, but words can only get him so far. You'd expect a player that's been at the club since he was a child to be one of us. He's a fan and wants to see the club do well. The issue is he's been playing poorly for over a year now. This is the major concern. The fans are frustrated watching him do the same thing over and over again. It keeps failing and he seemingly never learns. His body language and effort on the pitch have also not looked great.

I can accept players making mistakes and losing the ball, but I want to see effort trying to win it back. More often than not, Rashford stands and watches after he runs into a 3 defenders and gives the ball away. When he was playing injured, you could say maybe his lack of effort defending is due to his injury. You can't use that excuse for him any more.
This is it. When he’d rather run into a dead end and pass to an opposition player rather than take the time to look up and actually show some consideration to his team mates isn’t because he’s “injured” either.

The whole ‘not injured enough to miss game time, but far too injured to do things like look up or track back’ excuse has run its course

red4ever 79

Something has been off for too long on the pitch. Not impressed at all
His PR guy has been busy again I see. Words mean absolutely nothing Marcus's PR team. Actions on the pitch are what the players should be judged on. Another one who does absolutely nothing and looks like he couldnt care less.

red4ever 79

One of those, if he speaks "why aren't you showing it on the pitch", if he doesn't "he's one of those that isn't committed."

Not sure what people expect.
People expect that he gives maximum effort on the pitch, like the good old days before this social media invention. No one cares less what his marketing team are branding out. We see you on the pitch Marcus, doing nothing with the body language of a depressed soul

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This thread is very popular at the moment. Not being scapegoated though apparently. Yeah right. Hahahaha

Is this where all the Ole Outers have come to vent their frustration now he's no longer manager?

mctrials23

People expect that he gives maximum effort on the pitch, like the good old days before this social media invention. No one cares less what his marketing team are branding out. We see you on the pitch Marcus, doing nothing with the body language of a depressed soul
People do care and the club loves players that are darlings of social media because ultimately the club is a brand and a marketing vehicle. You have to have some admiration for a club when it can deliver the last 8 years of utter garbage and still be one of the biggest football clubs in the world for revenue, engagement and fame.

The whole world is very fake these days and social media is a massive part of keeping your brand appeal up which is clearly where the focus has been at United for years now.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Too many politicians in this thread.

Its about Rashford and his performances. Its not about Ole, or Martial, or the interim manager , the coaches or anyone fecking else. It is purely about Rashford,

Is he playing well ? -Absolutely not hes been worse than awful.
Is he looking happy and content? - again , absolutely not.
Is he a problem football wise ? Yes - for sure.

At the end of the day all fans care about, or should care about , is how he performs on the pitch. Who cares what he does off the pitch? Its none of our business. Its up to him to perform on the pitch. If he doesnt then he gets slated and rightly so.
I dont care about his off the field stuff much the same as I dont want to see him near it while he is in this rich vein of utter shitshows. IF his off the field stuff is indeed affecting his performances its up to the coaches and managers to sort it out same as its up to them to put performing players on the pitch.

We as fans should only care about what goes on during a match and right now he's not very good is he!

FattyFooty

Alot of people are waiting for him to hit form.

Im not sure how good he really is.

Since he debuted in PL 2015/16 he played almost 200 games and have just scored 57 goals as an United attacker. He also been with penalty duties and freekicks.

Stats dont say all, but in this case ill go with it since i really having a hard time remembering him playing well for a couple of months.

The excuses has been there since the beginning: Experience, position, managers, injuries and Ronaldo.

So my question is simple: is Rashford good enugh for a starter United attacker?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Since he debuted in PL 2015/16 he played almost 200 games and have just scored 57 goals as an United attacker. He also been with penalty duties and freekicks.

Stats dont say all, but in this case ill go with it since i really having a hard time remembering him playing well for a couple of months.

The excuses has been there since the beginning: Experience, position, managers, injuries and Ronaldo.

There’s a thread for this very question.

And the answer is: on current form, no.

Zlatattack

He's nearly always been better than any alternative in his position. Sanchez was rubbish, Martial was poor, James was hit and miss, none of the youngsters have staked a claim, so almost by default the answer is yes. This Season Pogba took his spot for a bit, but he's injured now. Sancho hasn't set the stage alight either yet. So is being the best of a bad bunch good enough? In my opinion yes and no.

Yes in the sense that we have no other choice than to persevere or home a colleague challenges for his position. No, because as a club we need to do better.

We are no longer a title winning club. We are a champions league qualifying club who hold to build towards title winning, rather than merely top 4 merchants. We need to look at our squad in the same light. I think Marcus Rashford as a player has a role for us. He shouldn't be a nailed on starter (i don't think anyone should be) but when back in form he can do a very good job for us. He will never be a Hazard, Salah, etc, but if you look at our rivals, who do they have in that position that is a clear and obvious improvement?

I do think though we need a really decent competition for him to challenge him or replace him.

redcafe_reader

There are some people still talk about Rashford's "form".

But even if he get back his best form, it's still not good enough. At his best Rashford is not a world class attacker, and with the salary/status we give him, he needs to be one.

That's one of the main reason I have big issue with his lack of effort. He used to have world class potential but he needs to work extremely hard both on and off the pitch to reach it, and so far I don't think he improved much last 2 years.

Ronaldo's Love Child

The worrying thing is a number of our players who are playing poorly seem to think that their poor form is something that is "happening" to them, like it is out of their control.

Frank White

There are some people still talk about Rashford's "form".

But even if he get back his best form, it's still not good enough. At his best Rashford is not a world class attacker, and with the salary/status we give him, he needs to be one.

That's one of the main reason I have big issue with his lack of effort. He used to have world class potential but he needs to work extremely hard both on and off the pitch to reach it, and so far I don't think he improved much last 2 years.
Out of interest who out of are forwards are "world class"

Swiss_Red89

I think he has nearly 100 goals for United. How do you count 57?

RuudTom83

His attributes suit a counter-attacking style...naturally he is going to struggle to adapt.

But lets give Rashford some time, he a long way down the list of players that should be shown the door.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Out of interest who out of are forwards are "world class"
None of them but not sure what your point is.

Rashford has painted himself and our club into a corner as he's a local lad who is Man United "through and through" blah blah blah. Coupled with his philanthropic work dropping him is like sacking Mother Theresa!

It's irrelevant if he's not producing the goods.

As a team we have been utter **** but that doessn't excuse brain dead, individual performances from our players of which Rashford is guilty as charged. It may well be that the lad can't help it. He would not be the first player blessed with pace who finds it hard to slow his football brain down enough to read the game better on the pitch.

Also, his body language is appalling and this seems to be a virus that has swept through our team.....Rashford, Martial, AWB,Greenwood

Lost bear

Yeh- it's not just that he's off form, to me he looks disinterested, detached, not too bothered. The 'we know we've got to do better' speeches leave me cold now, from all the players that make them. Need to see more on the pitch.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeh- it's not just that he's off form, to me he looks disinterested, detached, not too bothered. The 'we know we've got to do better' speeches leave me cold now, from all the players that make them. Need to see more on the pitch.
thats because it’s not him writing it. It’s insincere PR at this stage. His team are saying the opposite to what we see on the pitch every week.

FattyFooty

He's nearly always been better than any alternative in his position. Sanchez was rubbish, Martial was poor, James was hit and miss, none of the youngsters have staked a claim, so almost by default the answer is yes. This Season Pogba took his spot for a bit, but he's injured now. Sancho hasn't set the stage alight either yet. So is being the best of a bad bunch good enough? In my opinion yes and no.

Yes in the sense that we have no other choice than to persevere or home a colleague challenges for his position. No, because as a club we need to do better.

We are no longer a title winning club. We are a champions league qualifying club who hold to build towards title winning, rather than merely top 4 merchants. We need to look at our squad in the same light. I think Marcus Rashford as a player has a role for us. He shouldn't be a nailed on starter (i don't think anyone should be) but when back in form he can do a very good job for us. He will never be a Hazard, Salah, etc, but if you look at our rivals, who do they have in that position that is a clear and obvious improvement?

I do think though we need a really decent competition for him to challenge him or replace him.
Yeah. The competition has been very weak.

We really struggle with wingers/attackers.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
You do wonder how much other fans laughed at this place a couple of seasons back when some were calling him world class.

clarkydaz

From the club that brought you Mata's blog, get ready Rashy's essays. Coming at you fast after any negative publicity

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
You do wonder how much other fans laughed at this place a couple of seasons back when some were calling him world class.
Forget the comparisons to ronaldo, messi and recently to mbappe, rashford isn't even fit to lace nani's shoes.

During the fergie era rashford would at best be a squad player, probably 3rd choice (not even a backup to ronaldo/giggs) options for either wing.

dpansheth

From the club that brought you Mata's blog, get ready Rashy's essays. Coming at you fast after any negative publicity
yup, feck off, do your day job properly without moonlighting and then write PR documents.
“I have United DNA and I care” is someone with Kardashian approach.

and Maguire is the same as well.

Just for the record, I live in US and never had the money to visit Manchester, so I am not a proper red but as a supporter of this club for the last 28 years I am putting the entire squad on notice, show me something different tomorrow (and for the rest of the season) that can prove that they care.

lex talionis

Marcus, along with Harry, need a sabbatical to come to terms with whether they’re prepared to make the commitment required of being a true United great. If not, there’s always Newcastle.

Foxbatt

Forget the comparisons to ronaldo, messi and recently to mbappe, rashford isn't even fit to lace nani's shoes.

During the fergie era rashford would at best be a squad player, probably 3rd choice (not even a backup to ronaldo/giggs) options for either wing.
Do you think SAF is going to let him get away with the stuff he is doing? Do you think SAF would let him mouth off his Captain on the pitch? Either he buckles down and gets on with it or SAF would have dumped him instantly.
Yes he is not fit to lace Navi's boots.

Woodenlung

Before the loons get in here.

That first half was easily his best performance in months. In previous games he wasn't beating his marker and was giving the ball away constantly. His one on one dribbling was much better tonight and he had his marker on toast. His decision making wasn't the best at times, but he showed more attacking threat than in many games this season.

I thought his move to the right was a good one. Linked up well at times and made some good progressive passes into dangerous areas. He wasn't brilliant and I'd say it was a good half to build upon. Then the second half happened. From minutes 45-70 it was possibily the worst period of play from United I've seen all season. Couldn't build possession beyond three passes and couldn't get the ball to the forwards.

I'm sure there'll be a fume at him for some perceived fault or slight, but he was ok tonight.

Based Adnan

Sick of seeing him in the starting line up every week after he drops clanger after clanger.

Something is seriously wrong with him whether it's physically and mentally. Give him a month out.

Swiss_Red89

Feck me what is wrong Rashy???

Disgraceful workrate again. Something just isn't right with him. He had a chance to prove a point today and he just didn't seem bothered. It's not explainable from an outside perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.