Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Fast becoming very unlikeable.

Leaking rumors and gossips to the press is a cardinal sin for me. If this is Fergie's team the boy would have been crucified on the stake
I would put my money on it that Rashford isn't doing this. He's a Utd fan. He's hurting like the rest of us.

My word the crucify Rashford agenda on here is now in overdrive.

beck7

Overrated british 'young talent'. The hype of talent will go on until the late 20s and die like that of lingard.

24 years of old and apart from short spells of goals and assists, he hasn't shown much improvement since he debuted when he was 18 years old. I absolutely respect him for his efforts off the pitch but on the pitch, with the performances in the last year or so, top managers like Guardiola or Conte would definitely sell him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Have to give Rashford a new contract. Now that he's off-form, his weekly wages will be lower. If you don't give him a contract now, later he won't sign and he goes away on a free transfer.
:lol: good luck getting a 24 year old to sign a new contract at a lower salary. This isn’t fifa

Kag

Carragher is right to call him out as he has done. What the likes of Jason Burt and Simon Stone have sent to print this week isn’t even journalism; it’s activism.

stw2022

Carragher is right to call him out as he has done. What the likes of Jason Burt and Simon Stone have sent to print this week isn’t even journalism; it’s activism.
Someone said either in this thread or the other one, that these journalists don’t print these stories and expect nothing in return likely in the form of insider information and gossip from the the club.

He got two fairly senior sports journalists to write two relatively uninteresting fluff pieces about him. They’re doing that because they know he’s good for it.

Swiss_Red89

So apparently he wasn't in the squad because he suffered from a dead leg in training on thursday.

I think we could have used him today as an impact sub. Hope he's back next game. I know he's in horrible form but we need him as an Option.

Chairman Steve

If he was deemed injured for tonight, then I’m not just pressing X to Doubt, I’m mashing the feck out of X and have broken the controller in the process.

KennyBurner

Would like to see him and martial playing together again. That physical threat from them together used to win us games. Also add Greenwood as the icing on the cake. Doubt we will ever see that with Rangnick and his preferred formation.

Swiss_Red89

Good goal. Happy for him. I hope he gets rewarded by Lucia and will be fired up to score regularly again. :)

Swiss_Red89

Btw his goal reminded me of the one he scored in early 2017 at Sunderland after his so far longest goal drought in the PL....today's goal was the one after the second longest drought. (both to make it 3:0)

He hit form after it in 2017. ;)

Banana Republic

Took his goal really well, brilliant, but he didn’t do anything else in the time he was on the pitch.
Showed the same lack of involvement after he scored.
I’m pleased for him that he scored, but we shouldn’t get carried away.
Back to the bench for Marcus and get him hungry to be involved.
Just sticking him back in the starting 11 off the back of this cameo and it’ll be the same old…..

Manny

Grammar Police
Came on, scored a goal and then just jogged about while everyone else was trying to defend the lead.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Very good goal. Rangnick should keep using like this and hopefully build his fitness and confidence slowly. On-form Rashford would make a huge difference

Swiss_Red89

Took his goal really well, brilliant, but he didn’t do anything else in the time he was on the pitch.
Showed the same lack of involvement after he scored.
I’m pleased for him that he scored, but we shouldn’t get carried away.
Back to the bench for Marcus and get him hungry to be involved.
Just sticking him back in the starting 11 off the back of this cameo and it’ll be the same old…..
Agree. I think at the moment the sub role suits him fine. The game is more open and he has more space to run into.

I thought that he was fine despite the goal as well with the ball though. But same deficites when we don't have the ball. He still justed seemed a bit to lazy for my liking.

kundalini

Scored with a super finish. Had one other attempt at a counter-attack but couldn't find Fernandes. So lazy defensively. Surely he has enough energy coming on for the last 23 mins, to make an effort to help us defend our lead.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Glad to see Marcus get a goal tonight. Looked a lot better than he has in recent months. Just had an application and work ethic that's been sorely lacking recently. Hopefully this is the start of an uptick in form.

mctrials23

Legitimate criticism isn't the same as hate.
Thats just how people who can't argue their point respond to anyone who disagrees with them. Calls them haters or claims its racism or whatever else allows them to not engage with the actual point being made.

Rashford hasn't come near to justifying his wages in any season yet since he got a massive pay rise that would suggest he is one of the best players in the world. I like the guy but I don't see how anyone can argue that he has been value for money or has kicked on at all in the past 3+ years.

I'll give him the fact that Ole doesn't seem to have put much merit in coaching which won't have helped but he still needs to improve if he wants to even keep his current salary let alone get a raise. Not a single club would pay him what we are even if he moved on a free.

Joel Miller

He’s been poor this season but that was a top quality finish tonight. I hope it gives him the shot in the arm of confidence he needs to find good form again.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Scored with a super finish. Had one other attempt at a counter-attack but couldn't find Fernandes. So lazy defensively. Surely he has enough energy coming on for the last 23 mins, to make an effort to help us defend our lead.
Yeah you need to log off mate.

Walters_19_MuFc

Really happy he got his goal. Very well taken finish, too. Would continue to use him as a sub for now, where he can come on and hopefully impact the game like he did tonight.

rooney2009

Still looked poor despite a good goal
Needs to improve his work ethics to take his game to the next level

Swiss_Red89

Yeah you need to log off mate.
He has a point mate.I'm as big a Rashford fan as you can find but his energy level when we don't have the ball is poor for long time and wasn't good today either.

He either starts to fire the goals in or he has to put in more effort in defensive parts. Otherwise he will continue to be a sub.

SonyaCross493

So Happy for the lad. Starting on the bench the last few games must've hurt his ego massively. To come on and get a goal it'll boost his confidence

the smile is back

Status
Not open for further replies.