Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Happy for him to score a goal. Hope he stays on a bench longer, he needs a proper wake up bench spell. His workrate from when he was a youth dropped massively and luckily for us we have Greenwood, Elanga, Sancho and him to choose from, just need a striker with workrate to replace Cavani and Ronaldo next year and hopefully Rashford will find it hard enough to get into the team so he kicks on. Nothing is worst when you can see a young talent wasting his potential for being lazy..

Devil may care

Fantastic strike for his goal, seemed hesitant to celebrate, more sub appearances will do him good right now I feel.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good to see him score. He should focus on getting back what he's best at - end product. I know we all want his general play to improve but it's more important that he rediscovery his best attributes. And that goal was all Rashford.

RedCurry

We should give him cameo appearances for the next few games. Coming on against tired legs, he’s much more likely to get a goal or assist and we can build his confidence like that.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Has a long way to go before changing peoples mind that he’s a 3/10 player

Himannv

What's going on with him anyway? I don't pay a lot of attention to players' personal lives so I'm a bit lost with what's happening to him. It's like he has other more important things on his mind. Politics?

Ixion

Lovely finish, you wouldn't think he was low on confidence. Always at his best when he's getting picked out with those runs in behind the last man. If we have Elanga, Rashford and Greenwood on form we'll do alright

Mike Smalling

Good goal - should be a big confidence boost.

I think I would keep him on the bench for a while, and give him these opportunities to come in when we are ahead and get something on the counter. Then we can slowly get him into the starting line-up, as he gets his form back.

Strelok

He smiled, finally!
We shall not be greedy … he has looked so miserable for so long that I am happy with the little smile for now
Yeah he couldn't even bring himself to smile after scoring until Greenwood had a word or two with him I think. Then he finally awkwardly smiled. Something must have been really wrong with his private life lately.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Took his goal well, maybe this role is best for all parties till he regains his form.

PoTMS

Much better from him yesterday. Hopefully watching Elanga flourish has kicked some sense into him. Do the basics and the rest will come.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's going on with him anyway? I don't pay a lot of attention to players' personal lives so I'm a bit lost with what's happening to him. It's like he has other more important things on his mind. Politics?
Hard to know exactly, but I think it's the weight of everything getting to him. Personal stress, political stress, injuries, the euros. It seems he's in a slump and might take a while to get through it.

I think using him like this is a bit part player for now is the smart way. He needs to get his drive and hunger back.

KennyBurner

Good goal from him. Need him firing back on the left though. I don’t believe in this right sided Rashford experiment.

KennyBurner

He is just not playing well because of squad balance. We don’t need to jump through hoops trying to explain his lack in form when it’s very simple. We are trying to play him on the right when he hardly plays there or never has a good performance there.

just play him on the left in a formation he is familiar with and not that 4222 that the whole squad struggles with.

Strelok

I don't either but probably this.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/marcus-rashford-girlfriend-lucia-loi-24119159.amp

Never easy for anyone after a 8 years long relationship and she's his first love school sweetheart I believe. Which made things even worse.

I almost dropped out of college and drunk a lot when my highschool gf dumped me in my second year.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Took his goal well, maybe this role is best for all parties till he regains his form.
I think so too, if he keeps coming on as a sub and scoring then he'll eventually earn his place back. He's always been very good off the bench, at least in previous seasons. There was a spell under Mourinho he seemed to be scoring every time he was subbed on and if I remember rightly he scored a hat trick off the bench against Liepzig.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think so too, if he keeps coming on as a sub and scoring then he'll eventually earn his place back. He's always been very good off the bench, at least in previous seasons. There was a spell under Mourinho he seemed to be scoring every time he was subbed on and if I remember rightly he scored a hat trick off the bench against Liepzig.
Yeah, right now he isn't offering anything, so it's good to use his pace against tired defense. Hopefully he will put full effort in whatever mins he plays.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Embarrassing post, you should be ashamed of it.
Excellent finish by Marcus, look forward to many more.
Fits in quite nicely with all the Liverpool supporters saying "sell him".

I genuinely haven't seen any criticism of Marky Rashy on this forum that has not been warranted. If you're talking about people you know in real life, then fair enough.
What about the morons that say "sell him"? That's honestly a disgusting "criticism".

Ixion

I genuinely haven't seen any criticism of Marky Rashy on this forum that has not been warranted. If you're talking about people you know in real life, then fair enough.
A shitstain? Championship level player? Doesnt care? Doesn't try? Behaves like the world owes him an award? Didn't do any of the charity work was just a face for some PR campaign? Thinks hes Mother Theresa? Thinks hes bigger than the club?

Which of these things are warranted? Just scroll back the past 10-20 pages, its full of things like this.

mctrials23

Still baffling that he didn't celebrate more. Then again the team didn't exactly make a massive deal out of Elanga scoring which was a bit of a shame.

Football should be an escape from any crap going on in your personal life. It won't fix it and you might not be at your best but scoring a goal when you are going through a rough patch has to be a good feeling for anyone whos still got a love for the game.

Swiss_Red89

Can we give the guy a rest for a few days? He finally scored and you see people here complaining about his lack of celebration.
(he even got quite emotional for his standard at the moment) ;)

Nordmore

A shitstain? Championship level player? Doesnt care? Doesn't try? Behaves like the world owes him an award? Didn't do any of the charity work was just a face for some PR campaign? Thinks hes Mother Theresa? Thinks hes bigger than the club?

Which of these things are warranted? Just scroll back the past 10-20 pages, its full of things like this.
Tbh I never understand why some of our fans really hate Rashford. I'd say I've seen some with a burning passion. Imo he's a really nice lad.

I don't care much about the personal life of our players but about a year ago I saw a Youtube clip and it says he used the very first money he earned to pay his mother's mortgage. And he still lives in that same house he helped his mother paid despite reportedly earning 200k a week. He also spent a lot of time and money on his charity works I think.

Sounds like a very down to earth, humble and great person imo.

mctrials23

Can we give the guy a rest for a few days? He finally scored and you see people here complaining about his lack of celebration.
(he even got quite emotional for his standard at the moment) ;)
I don't think he comes on here to check on our posts so he is probably alright with us discussing these things ;)

When players don't celebrate its usually for a reason. They are playing against an old club they love, the score is 8-0 already or they are Mario Ballotelli. Just gives us a window into his psyche and happiness at the moment. Players not scoring much or going through a bit of a performance or goal drought usually celebrate.

Its not necessarily a criticism, just an observation on his current mood.

ForeverRed1

If rashford and Greenwood can both become less selfish and focus on assisting more I think we’d score a lot more goals and win more matches. It’s the decision making that lets them down and the desire to score the goals. Brentford showed what happens when this is the case, they would actually score more goals if they became less selfish. Greenwood’s goal on Wednesday is the perfect example. We actually played like a team in the second half and the best sides do this.

mctrials23

Tbh I never understand why some of our fans really hate Rashford. I'd say I've seen some with a burning passion. Imo he's a really nice lad.
I think you have the answer to your question already. They don't hate Rashford...

People seem to have this very weird view that if someone doesn't like how someone is behaving then they must also dislike the person. People get annoyed by Rashford because he is getting paid a crazy sum of money each week, isn't performing at anything like the level he could or should be and seems largely disinterested. Its a bit like Pogba. People struggle to give players the benefit of the doubt when they are putting in poor performances, getting paid hundreds of thousands a week and come off the pitch after a loss laughing and joking like it didn't matter.

I don't have any doubt in my mind that Rashford and Pogba are great lads but that doesn't mean they don't both do my head in as footballers a lot of the time. They are fundamentally footballer for Man Utd and we are football fans. I don't give a single shit about them outside of football honestly so when they are not performing at the activity I care about I won't be happy with them and will criticise their performances.

Jackal981

I think you have the answer to your question already. They don't hate Rashford...

People seem to have this very weird view that if someone doesn't like how someone is behaving then they must also dislike the person. People get annoyed by Rashford because he is getting paid a crazy sum of money each week, isn't performing at anything like the level he could or should be and seems largely disinterested. Its a bit like Pogba. People struggle to give players the benefit of the doubt when they are putting in poor performances, getting paid hundreds of thousands a week and come off the pitch after a loss laughing and joking like it didn't matter.

I don't have any doubt in my mind that Rashford and Pogba are great lads but that doesn't mean they don't both do my head in as footballers a lot of the time. They are fundamentally footballer for Man Utd and we are football fans. I don't give a single shit about them outside of football honestly so when they are not performing at the activity I care about I won't be happy with them and will criticise their performances.
Tbf I think seeing his body language and performance in the last few months on the pitch has soured a lot of poster's opinion on him. His floor is absolutely shocking and dreadful. Plus all of the PR campaign and essays from his team in social media really soured a lot of people which is understandable. You need to walk the talk

El Jefe

Happy he got his goal. If we are to make top 4 we will need him and Bruno scoring again.

mctrials23

Tbf I think seeing his body language and performance in the last few months on the pitch has soured a lot of poster's opinion on him. His floor is absolutely shocking and dreadful. Plus all of the PR campaign and essays from his team in social media really soured a lot of people which is understandable. You need to walk the talk
Its hard for people to sympathise with anyone earning more in a day that 90% of the population earn in a year not giving their all for 90 minutes especially when those fans are quite often paying a sizeable chunk of their disposable income to support the team. Footballers are just normal people when it comes to mood etc but that doesn't make it any easier for people to accept when they are giving 10% instead of 100.

Nordmore

I understand what you said and tbh I've no problem at all if people criticizing a player because of bad form or bad behaviour. But if you read this thread and many threads about Rashford here you'd come across posts that simply are pure hatre. That's what I was talking about.

I've been here for a while and I still remember the t-rashford period and many abuses threw at the lads years ago. Never understand why there's so much hatre for him. And I'm not even his fan so my opinion is not biased I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.