4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belisarius

No please, he's not a right winger. Putting him there is asking for 60-90 mins handicap in our attack. Those goals didn't actually come from wingplay, they were chances that required shooting and the luxury of no decisionmaking, Rashford is the man for the job for those. His ideal scenario comes from the middle preferably being released behind the defense.

However against deep teams the ability to stretch defenses doesn't mean much since they are already compact. There really isn't much to stretch. Where his iffy decision making really makes him unsuited to leading the line so he's behind Ronaldo for the middle spot. He has to go back to the left or remain as a supersub. Wanted Ronaldo benched but these guys are even more shit at link up so I'd stick with Ronnie in the same role from the west ham game. Ronaldo might be unwilling but he's still the better allround striker if he plays for the team.
You're probably right that most of the time he is poor at right wing. Particularly against compact defences. But, when we've got a lead that we're trying to stretch or when teams are not playing compact it's good to see that he can score from the right.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You have a lot of mates Marcus, you dont need him. Want a rapper mate? befriend StormZ (Lukaku's twin).

3vra

Best PR in the game.
Do not know about that, after crap matches you just know he is gonna be the first to apologize, said how he loves the club, how he is going to train better and cannot wait for another match etc.

to be honest i hate that kind of behavior, unfotunately Bruno is starting to go the same path as Rashford.

I just do not like him at all, he does not seems like a likeable lad and i would not mind to see him gone.

Brophs

The One and Only
I posted this in response to a transfer tweet linking Rashford with PSG but it might be better in here.
Oddly enough, Andy Mitten was on Off The Ball the other day and I thought he was noticeably guarded about Rashford, when asked about what's been going on with him. One of the interesting lines he dropped in was "Again, I hear mixed things about Marcus Rashford. I'm not sure whether he'll have a long term future at United..." The whole interview is good, but for anyone who might be interested in the Rashford bit it's from 10:07 onwards.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/otb-football/id91514977?i=1000548984813

Thought it was an interesting line from someone like Andy Mitten, who doesn't tend to trade in tittle tattle.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I posted this in response to a transfer tweet linking Rashford with PSG but it might be better in here.
Yeah I saw that. Mitten has talked in the past about Barcelona making concrete moves for Rashford too.

It'd be annoying to see Rashford go but, after seeing Beckham leave, you gotta think anyone could go. Doesn't matter if they come through our academy. Every player came through somebody's academy. We're just less used to losing our best academy graduates than other clubs. C'est la vie.

GlasgowCeltic

Do not know about that, after crap matches you just know he is gonna be the first to apologize, said how he loves the club, how he is going to train better and cannot wait for another match etc.

to be honest i hate that kind of behavior, unfotunately Bruno is starting to go the same path as Rashford.

I just do not like him at all, he does not seems like a likeable lad and i would not mind to see him gone.
Who Rashford?

Swiss_Red89

worth a watch. i enjoyed it. I’ve been hard on him even while he’s been quite productive but I’d like to see him get fully back on track here.

I’ve always admired his charity work.

Really interesting stuff. The amount of football he played since his breakthrough is unbeliveable and nearly unique. We definitely haven't managed him well.

It wouldn't be a suprise when he's completely burned out at the moment with that many games the last five years under huge pressure. And tbh, he looked exactly like he has a burnout lately.

Let's hope the last two games with two goals and an fergie time winner will get him back on track. I feel that Rangnick will manage him better than and rotate him more (and rightly so). It will benefit him in the longterm hopefully.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Really interesting stuff. The amount of football he played since his breakthrough is unbeliveable and nearly unique. We definitely haven't managed him well.

It wouldn't be a suprise when he's completely burned out at the moment with that many games the last five years under huge pressure. And tbh, he looked exactly like he has a burnout lately.

Let's hope the last two games with two goals and an fergie time winner will get him back on track. I feel that Rangnick will manage him better than and rotate him more (and rightly so). It will benefit him in the longterm hopefully.
Again with this shit about being overplayed? 2020-21 was the only season he played a large amount of games minutes wise.
Cristiano Ronaldo played more minutes for utd from 18 till 24 ffs.

compared to Ronaldo's

Oh my Fergie overplayed Ronaldo lets go and cry on a tree

Last edited:

Swedish_Plumber

Would be sad to see him go. It’s a shame he’s not had a consistent manager since his breakthrough. Wonder what kind of player we’d have on our hands if Pep had been here developing his game.

100 million+ bid from anyone and we’d be silly not to let him go, if he also wishes to leave.

SAF is the GOAT

Any summary on the Rashford's Pocast please ?

Is it solely on the player managing ? or is there other things ?

izec

Would fit right in with his brand, Paris and all that. Becks 2.0 off the pitch this guy. Milk as much as possible.

clarkydaz

Would be sad to see him go. It’s a shame he’s not had a consistent manager since his breakthrough. Wonder what kind of player we’d have on our hands if Pep had been here developing his game.

100 million+ bid from anyone and we’d be silly not to let him go, if he also wishes to leave.
he isnt going anywhere, will be here till past 30

Greck

He's going nowhere. Let's be real here.

With that said I'm surprised about people saying he's coming back into form. 2 great goals in situations that suit him ie against retreating defensive lines, but is it official that 'good form' for Rash is a goal capping poor all round play? He scored the last minute winner but his general play was abysmal. He still needs huge improvement to fit into any team with progressive play. Didn't spend all that time criticizing Ronaldo's all round play just to use different standards for others. You need to bring more to team play than being a situational finisher.

lost7

Good player to have as a sub. Can't see him being anything more as his general game play is not at the level we need to compete
An inform Rashford is one of the best players we have in our team. Sadly he hasn't showed that kind of form in ages, but some of you must have very poor memory if you don't think he'd be a nailed on starter if he plays like he used to

SirScholes

An inform Rashford is one of the best players we have in our team. Sadly he hasn't showed that kind of form in ages, but some of you must have very poor memory if you don't think he'd be a nailed on starter if he plays like he used to
I think that highlights our poor squad rather than how good rashford is
He’s too one dimensional for me, unless he’s in form I’d rather he wasn’t a starter

Greck

if you remember a time where his general link up was good then those are false memories. On so called form his goal production was what was good but poor decision making was always there holding back the effectiveness of his general play, he didn't just become this person because of some random drop in form.

We haven't even had a good attack since SAF retired so anyone walking into our attack isn't some compliment that guarantees a bright future for anyone involved.

lost7

if you remember a time where his general link up was good then those are false memories. On so called form his goal production was what was good but poor decision making was always there holding back the effectiveness of his general play, he didn't just become this person because of some random drop in form.

We haven't even had a good attack since SAF retired so anyone walking into our attack isn't some compliment that guarantees a bright future for anyone involved.
Well you're wrong. Rashford's link-up play with Shaw and Martial in particular was excellent in the 2019/2020 season. And his general play when Ole was caretaker was superb, he genuinely was creating chances in all sorts of ways.

Also, a very underrated aspect of Rashford is that he makes excellent runs off the ball, which is something that has netted us so many goals (pretty much all Lindelof's assists are from Rashford's runs).

Yes, he's played really poorly for a while and I agree that even last season his goal contributions were masking his generally poor performances. But again, go back and watch some games from 2019/early 2020 and you'll be surprised to see how good he was

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I doubt he had any idea Wiley had been spouting the anti-Semitic nonsense. No criticism from me for that, if he’s into Wiley’s music. The bigger issue is the clothing, jewelry, and constant need to be on social media. If he’s not bang back in form at the end of season and you can get decent money (especially from abroad) I’d take it and get Nkuku in. Plenty of others who could replace him too.

red4ever 79

I think that highlights our poor squad rather than how good rashford is
He’s too one dimensional for me, unless he’s in form I’d rather he wasn’t a starter
Agree 100% with you. Funny enough we have just let the better LW go out on loan. Rashford has a role still, useful coming off the bench against tired legs.

Greck

Well you're wrong. Rashford's link-up play with Shaw and Martial in particular was excellent in the 2019/2020 season. And his general play when Ole was caretaker was superb, he genuinely was creating chances in all sorts of ways.

Also, a very underrated aspect of Rashford is that he makes excellent runs off the ball, which is something that has netted us so many goals (pretty much all Lindelof's assists are from Rashford's runs).

Yes, he's played really poorly for a while and I agree that even last season his goal contributions were masking his generally poor performances. But again, go back and watch some games from 2019/early 2020 and you'll be surprised to see how good he was
His decision making was always crap even on form you just never noticed because Ole's simple attack never had complex combination passing, encouraged improvisation and a brainless shoot on sight policy. Look how badly glaring Greenwood's play stands out now that we're trying to modernise. Under Ole we also employed defensive counterattacking that put Rashford in his best goalscoring position, that was being released beyond the final man. Rashford didn't just become bad at tactical understanding this season, it was always there, poor form messes up your execution but a smart player doesn't become dumb because of poor form. The more complex our attacking philosophy becomes the more glaring Rashford's poor tactical understanding will stand out if he doesn't improve. I just hope he hasn't bought into his own hype because he has a long way to go.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Agree 100% with you. Funny enough we have just let the better LW go out on loan. Rashford has a role still, useful coming off the bench against tired legs.
This is absolute nonsense. The Martial cult in the fanbase is toxic. Every manager we have had has favoured Marcus over Martial for majority of their time here.

Were they all wrong then? Hahahaha.

Martial was a fake. Got the heart of a mouse. Look at the impact Rashford had had in big games for us. Martial very rarely came up trumps for us in those games. Rashford scores goals against the big clubs constantly.

Martial plays the striker role better than Rashford for me and that's about it. Left wing had never looked better for a long time than when Rashford and Shaw were in great form and linking up well together.

Martial myth needs to end now.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
His decision making was always crap even on form you just never noticed because Ole's simple attack never had complex combination passing, encouraged improvisation and a brainless shoot on sight policy. Look how badly glaring Greenwood's play stands out now that we're trying to modernise. Under Ole we also employed defensive counterattacking that put Rashford in his best goalscoring position, that was being released beyond the final man. Rashford didn't just become bad at tactical understanding this season, it was always there, poor form messes up your execution but a smart player doesn't become dumb because of poor form. The more complex our attacking philosophy becomes the more glaring Rashford's poor tactical understanding will stand out if he doesn't improve. I just hope he hasn't bought into his own hype because he has a long way to go.
So if Rashford's decision making is always wrong and it was only not noticed due to Ole's individualistic tactics - then isn't it safe to say that the reason Rashford struggles with decision making is lack of coaching?

Van Gaal and Rashford was good for the break through and arguably the only manager that had complex possession type of football here at United.

Then comes Jose who isn't exactly a decision making manager - just a pass it all the time to Lukaku type manager.

Then came Ole who is not good at getting decision making out. We see this now with Greenwood.

Rashford can improve on this sure but I'm not sure why his lack of decision making is him "buying in to himself" rather than better coaching.

mk7

Contrast that to Bruno who seems to have understood that he needs to play differently even though its in the early stages. I think you are quite correct with your assessment but I am still positive that he can turn this around.

romufc

This is absolute nonsense. The Martial cult in the fanbase is toxic. Every manager we have had has favoured Marcus over Martial for majority of their time here.

Were they all wrong then? Hahahaha.

Martial was a fake. Got the heart of a mouse. Look at the impact Rashford had had in big games for us. Martial very rarely came up trumps for us in those games. Rashford scores goals against the big clubs constantly.

Martial plays the striker role better than Rashford for me and that's about it. Left wing had never looked better for a long time than when Rashford and Shaw were in great form and linking up well together.

Martial myth needs to end now.
I have been seing this all over recently. The Martial cult is a weird one, apparently Martial came and changed the game against West Ham, some fans acting as if he produced one of the finest football displays.

I keep seing fans saying he is our best LW when he doesn't want to play there. All this nonsense that our best players are not getting a chance.

Apparently, Rashford, Bruno, Ronaldo, Greenwood, McFred are what they call "Kick and run" players.

Greck

So if Rashford's decision making is always wrong and it was only not noticed due to Ole's individualistic tactics - then isn't it safe to say that the reason Rashford struggles with decision making is lack of coaching?

Van Gaal and Rashford was good for the break through and arguably the only manager that had complex possession type of football here at United.

Then comes Jose who isn't exactly a decision making manager - just a pass it all the time to Lukaku type manager.

Then came Ole who is not good at getting decision making out. We see this now with Greenwood.

Rashford can improve on this sure but I'm not sure why his lack of decision making is him "buying in to himself" rather than better coaching.
It is absolutely lack of coaching. Same with Greenwood, we screwed up their development. It's a huge black mark on us that we finally got these 2 local academy talents and have them playing football from the 80s. Even De Gea when he first came was the best kicker in the league. Now he's the worst. Our player development is dinosaur as hell. The Greenwood situation especially hurts.

Telsim

I struggle to believe PSG are interested in him, but I have no issues whatsoever with shipping him, if he doesn't find his form until summer. And if they are ready to pay up, of course. His development here has all but stopped completely, due in no small part to the club itself. Just like Greenwood's. We are just awful at developing young talent. He is also granted a lot of leeway, due to being "one of our own". I don't think that's particularly healthy for an up-and-coming player. And he isn't exactly a youth anymore, too. He is approaching the stage where he should be hitting his peak. A change of scenery might do him some good. Not sure if PSG of all clubs is the best choice, but if no one else is interested...

Status
Not open for further replies.