Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I have been seing this all over recently. The Martial cult is a weird one, apparently Martial came and changed the game against West Ham, some fans acting as if he produced one of the finest football displays.

I keep seing fans saying he is our best LW when he doesn't want to play there. All this nonsense that our best players are not getting a chance.

Apparently, Rashford, Bruno, Ronaldo, Greenwood, McFred are what they call "Kick and run" players.
It's a very strange part of the fanbase. His goal against Liverpool on his debut was clearly enough for some people to elevate him to God status. He's done very little of note since that day. A big goal Vs Everton in a semi final at Wembley stands out and not a great deal else. Says it all.

romufc

It's a very strange part of the fanbase. His goal against Liverpool on his debut was clearly enough for some people to elevate him to God status. He's done very little of note since that day. A big goal Vs Everton in a semi final at Wembley stands out and not a great deal else. Says it all.
Yep, its a very strange fan base. He has been here now 7 years and has had 2 good seasons.

That isn't good enough for our "best winger"

OL29

It’s weird how much some of you lie about one player to big up another. He was literally our top scorer and player of the season the year before last. You don’t need to exaggerate so much to stick up for your favourite player. And you call other’s fan boys :lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It’s weird how much some of you lie about one player to big up another. He was literally our top scorer and player of the season the year before last. You don’t need to exaggerate so much to stick up for your favourite player. And you call other’s fan boys :lol:
All the managers must be wrong then, eh? All the pundits too. Funny that.

Rashford is a much better player than Martial. Even Rashford going through a bad spell with injuries got 20 goals and 13 assists last season. Martial scored 7 goals didn't he?

Swiss_Red89

Hope so, need better players then Rashford if we want to be taken serious!
And who would these better players be? We could try to sign Son from Tottenham for example, good luck.

Edit: Can't see Rashford leaving btw.

SATA

I’ll appreciate him while he’s here but I don’t think he’s going anywhere. This is his boyhood club and he loves playing for it. Let’s be honest, he’s a great player but going through a bad patch. He seems to have turn that over now and we’ll going to need him a lot to get top four

gajender

And who would these better players be? We could try to sign Son from Tottenham for example, good luck.

Edit: Can't see Rashford leaving btw.
Son is not that better than Rashford, he is also another streaky player who is more at home in counter attacking system just like Rashford .

crossy1686

career ending
:lol: :lol: “He scored some goals two seasons ago when we finished 4th and won nothing!”

-Supreme-

Rashfords contract ends in 2024, we have got to make the decision on his future by this summer to prevent him following the likes of Pogba and Lingard route out of the club.

It will be interesting to see if the club are willing to give him a much improved deal from his 200k a week contract, which he most probably will be looking at around 300k.

romufc

Rashfords contract ends in 2024, we have got to make the decision on his future by this summer to prevent him following the likes of Pogba and Lingard route out of the club.

It will be interesting to see if the club are willing to give him a much improved deal from his 200k a week contract, which he most probably will be looking at around 300k.
This is a key one. I personally think Rashford leaves United in 2024. We won't offer the sorts of wages he might want.

crossy1686

career ending

Let be fair, there’s no one at the club (with the exception of Ronaldo) who deserves more than £150k a week. The wages we pay blow every other club out of the water but we we’re rewarding players who haven’t yet become elite and more importantly haven’t won anything. I want Rashford to stay, and I think he will, but paying him anymore than he’s on is madness. If anything we need a wage cap for every player until they start hitting top 10% percentile numbers.

romufc

He won’t get £200k a week anywhere else but PSG
200k is his current salary, he would want 250k plus to resign.

He will end up going to PSG for the money then because no PL club will offer him anywhere near that. Unless Newcastle decide to?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Let be fair, there’s no one at the club (with the exception of Ronaldo) who deserves more than £150k a week. The wages we pay blow every other club out of the water but we we’re rewarding players who haven’t yet become elite and more importantly haven’t won anything. I want Rashford to stay, and I think he will, but paying him anymore than he’s on is madness. If anything we need a wage cap for every player until they start hitting top 10% percentile numbers.
I agree with this.

Rashford is one of the players at United I like most. However, the club needs to start setting some boundaries on salaries. If we were winning title after title you could understand. However, we're paying players ungodly amounts for being involved in battles to finish fourth. It just doesn't match.

If we offer Rashford a new deal with a small uplift and he says its not enough, then the club needs to think seriously about how far it wants to go.

We should be communicating similar messages to DeGea etc so that players know the days of £300k a week are over, and have no chance of returning unless United are winning the league or Champions League regularly.

crossy1686

career ending
200k is his current salary, he would want 250k plus to resign.

He will end up going to PSG for the money then because no PL club will offer him anywhere near that. Unless Newcastle decide to?
Why wouldn’t he want £210k a week? Why £250k? If he moves to PSG his movement against the government and supporting starving kids here is pretty much redundant so it depends if he cares more about money than the charity work he’s doing. Personally I think he extends at the current salary with bonuses

OL29

All the managers must be wrong then, eh? All the pundits too. Funny that.

Rashford is a much better player than Martial. Even Rashford going through a bad spell with injuries got 20 goals and 13 assists last season. Martial scored 7 goals didn't he?
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not even comparing them. Rashford has obviously been better the last 2 years. But that doesn't mean Martial has done nothing since his first season. That's obviously nonsense. If he was as poor as you're making out then those very same managers you're on about in your posts wouldn't have played him.

romufc

Why wouldn’t he want £210k a week? Why £250k? If he moves to PSG his movement against the government and supporting starving kids here is pretty much redundant so it depends if he cares more about money than the charity work he’s doing. Personally I think he extends at the current salary with bonuses
Just like all players, when they are getting a contract in their peak, they want to maximise the wage.

OL29

:lol: :lol: “He scored some goals two seasons ago when we finished 4th and won nothing!”
You're a very weird guy. Did you even follow the conversation? The poster I responded to said Martial hasn't done anything since his first season. I referred to just the season before last in which he was voted our best player and scored the most goals in our team. If that counts for nothing then we need a massive clear out because it's more than most of our squad have achieved in a red shirt.

romufc

Classic case of Martial FC.

Exaggerate? the season which you are talking about Martial being top scorer, he played as the 9 and Rashford as the winger.

19/20 I assume in which Rashford had 22 goals 12 assists and Martial 23 goals 12 assists and that was Martials best season

Lets look further 18/19 where Martial had 12 goals 3 assists compared to Rashford's 13 goals 10 assists

Not lets look at last season, Martial 7 goals 9 assists compared to 21 goals 15 assists.

Its no exaggeration, stats speak for themselves.

OL29

Classic case of Martial FC.

Exaggerate? the season which you are talking about Martial being top scorer, he played as the 9 and Rashford as the winger.

19/20 I assume in which Rashford had 22 goals 12 assists and Martial 23 goals 12 assists and that was Martials best season

Lets look further 18/19 where Martial had 12 goals 3 assists compared to Rashford's 13 goals 10 assists

Not lets look at last season, Martial 7 goals 9 assists compared to 21 goals 15 assists.

Its no exaggeration, stats speak for themselves.
Why do you lot keep coming to me with this Rashford and Martial comparison? I never said anything about who's better. I just said that that saying Martial hasn't done anything since his first season is a massive exaggeration. I don't know why that's so triggering for some of you.

romufc

Why do you lot keep coming to me with this Rashford and Martial comparison? I never said anything about who's better. I just said that that saying Martial hasn't done anything since his first season is a massive exaggeration. I don't know why that's so triggering for some of you.
I am actually calm now that he has left the club.

I am worried for the fans that thought he was our best winger but had 1 good season.

crossy1686

career ending
You're a very weird guy. Did you even follow the conversation? The poster I responded to said Martial hasn't done anything since his first season. I referred to just the season before last in which he was voted our best player and scored the most goals in our team. If that counts for nothing then we need a massive clear out because it's more than most of our squad have achieved in a red shirt.
I'm weird? You're in here defending Martial and making comparison's in the Rashford thread. I hate to break it to you but one's in Sevilla after failing to improve on any good form he had and one's still at United playing regularly.

And finally you're getting it, yes! We need a massive clear out. Most of these players shouldn't be starting for United. They might have the talent but their mentality is as weak as it gets. If you went to war with these guys they'd leave you in the trenches on your own as soon as the shooting started. We have a first team that should be coming off the bench mostly, that's why our bench are so upset with their bit part role, they're all equally 'just alright'.

OL29

I'm weird? You're in here defending Martial and making comparison's in the Rashford thread. I hate to break it to you but one's in Sevilla after failing to improve on any good form he had and one's still at United playing regularly.

And finally you're getting it, yes! We need a massive clear out. Most of these players shouldn't be starting for United. They might have the talent but their mentality is as weak as it gets. If you went to war with these guys they'd leave you in the trenches on your own as soon as the shooting started. We have a first team that should be coming off the bench mostly, that's why our bench are so upset with their bit part role, they're all equally 'just alright'.
No offence but do you have reading problems? I’ve said a few times that I’m not comparing them, I’ll leave that to you lot. I just said I don’t know why people need to exaggerate about one player to stick up for another. I never made any comparison between the 2 players.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Best thing for a club like us to do that is underperforming and plateauing at unacceptable levels, despite already being elite when it comes to PL wages, to stop it getting out of control, is heavily incentivise the current players next contracts. If you win a league or CL you automatically go into a higher wage bracket. Weekly bonus for Goals and assists, large part of any deal is based on making actual appearances, clean sheets, motm, impress the manager behind the scenes most improved player of the week bonus etc

I think that would buck things up around here and keep the basic wage at around the same level.

expensive squad players wouldn’t be sticking around half as long. Use those spaces on talented youth on breakthrough money. Start letting go of players earlier for bigger money. Like an actual business not a crumbling football museum

KennyBurner

First thing I’ve ever partially agreed with you on. Ronaldo currently doesn’t deserve that. There is no one at the club that should be making 150k based off performances.

Posh Red

No offence but do you have reading problems? I’ve said a few times that I’m not comparing them, I’ll leave that to you lot. I just said I don’t know why people need to exaggerate about one player to stick up for another. I never made any comparison between the 2 players.
I feel like I’m going mad reading this exchange :lol: Why are these guys all arguing against imaginary points that you didn’t make?

OL29

I feel like I’m going mad reading this exchange :lol: Why are these guys all arguing against imaginary points that you didn’t make?
Thank you! I had to re-read my posts about 5 times to make sure I hadn’t made that comparison :lol: :lol:

Jibbs

I hope we sell him to PSG this summer. Just don't want any drama queen in the dressing room.

crossy1686

career ending
First thing I’ve ever partially agreed with you on. Ronaldo currently doesn’t deserve that. There is no one at the club that should be making 150k based off performances.
Completely agree with you, but Ronaldo’s won it all, he’s a proven winner no matter where he’s gone so it’s hard to begrudge him a salary he’s spent years working towards, and proving he deserves. His performances this season might not reflect it but he’s still our leading goal scorer and we’re still in the CL thanks to him.

If all our players we’re on performance based salaries game to game they’d be better off drawing dole.

Status
Not open for further replies.