Player Agent: Relatives
Squad Number: #10
Contract until: Jun 30, 2023
Contract option: Club option 1 year
Date of last contract extension: Jul 1, 2019
Outfitter: Nike

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why start this thread now? It's only going to descend into more hate filled garbage

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Said yesterday but a fit Rashford is worth his weight in gold. I hope he has the surgery, takes as much time as he needs to recover, and comes back ready to bang bang bang. You get me. Pop those other teams right in the gonads. BOOM. Go'n Marcus!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Threads off to a great start.

Mentally and physically Rashford will need to rebuild and recuperate. He's moving away from young player to mid 20s and an expectation of consistency comes with it.

With Sancho in the team it could lessen the burden for him but others need to step up too.

For Rashford he needs to work on his decision making, when to pass the ball and when to go for it.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Please use this forum for discussing actual player performances not transfer rumours, hair styles and other off topic talking points

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So will he get surgery or not? It's become a tiring topic.

Godfather

All I hope is that he will get fully fit and his confidence back. A joy to watch when on song and obviously a brillant human being.

UncleBob

Hope he gets some proper time off, comes back injury free and ready. Vital contributions

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Hopefully he doesn't miss too much of the season so he can make it back to back to back 20 goal seasons :keano:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Excited for him this year. Finally we have an equal threat on both sides, and finally some actual depth and competition for places on the wing. He'll be able to get his surgery, get his rest, and I really hope we don't rush him back. He's a brilliant player who has risked the longevity of his career for club & country and all he got in return were people slagging him off. Once he comes back into the fold next season, however long it takes, I think he's going to go on and have his best season for us.

spiriticon

My fave United player of the last few years, and still is.

Sanchy might give him a run for his money next year though :P

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He has admitted it himself he's had a difficult season. I hope he gets the required surgery and rest time he needs to recuperate, even if it means missing the start of the season.

"I don't even know where to start and I don't even know how to put into words how I am feeling at this exact time.

"I've had a difficult season, I think that's been clear for everyone to see and I probably went into that final with a lack of confidence. I've always backed myself for a penalty, but something didn't feel quite right.

"During the long run-up I was saving myself a bit of time and unfortunately the result was not what I wanted. I felt as though I had let my team-mates down. I felt as if I'd let everyone down. A penalty was all I'd been asked to contribute for the team. I can score penalties in my sleep, so why not that one?

"It's been playing in my head over and over since I struck the ball and there's probably not a word to quite describe how it feels. Final. 55 years. 1 penalty. History. All I can say is sorry. I wish it had of gone differently.

"Whilst I continue to say sorry I want to shout out my team-mates. This summer has been one of the best camps I've experienced and you've all played a role in that.

"A brotherhood has been built that is unbreakable. Your success is my success. Your failures are mine.

"I've grown into a sport where I expected to read things written about myself.

"Whether it be the colour of my skin, where I grew up, or, most recently, how I decide to spend my time off the pitch.

"I can take critique of my performance all day long, my penalty was not good enough, it should have gone in but I will never apologise for who I am and where I came from. I've felt no prouder moment than wearing those three lions on my chest and seeing my family cheer me on in a crowd of 10s of thousands.

"I dreamt of days like this. The messages I've received today have been positively overwhelming and seeing the response in Withington had me on the verge of tears. The communities that always wrapped their arms around me continue to hold me up.

"I'm Marcus Rashford, 23-year-old black man from Withington and Wythenshawe, South Manchester. If I have nothing else I have that. For all the kind messages thank you. I'll be back stronger. We'll be back stronger."

Oldyella

He needs to get surgery and get fit, without being rushed back. I think he has another level to display.
Let's hope the club and he decide its the best course to take. Would much rather we miss him for the start of the season but get him fully fit for the rest of the year.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I worry about him. He's clearly going through some stuff, not only the injury. Confidence is obviously very low. (of course Southgate couldn't have possibly picked up on that, having been around Rashford for only 1 month)
I wish he didn't pay so much attention to what people are saying in social media.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Whitwell article in Athletic today says that there's been no decision taken on whether he'll have a surgery on his shoulder(which has been troubling him for a year) or later.

largelyworried

Tricky situation for Rashford now. Say he hadn't been in the penalty shoot out, I'd suggest the best thing for him would be an extended break and maybe to bite the bullet with his surgery. Start the season late but get his fitness back. No good going through another season at 85%. He's been carrying injuries for a while now it seems and his form has no doubt been impacted.

However with all the furore of the last 24 hours, going away for a while might be the worst thing to do, you risk brooding on things. Its sometimes better to get back on the horse, as it were. Scoring a goal in front of the fans at Old Trafford could be just the tonic.

Oldyella

Whitwell article in Athletic today says that there's been no decision taken on whether he'll have a surgery on his shoulder(which has been troubling him for a year) or later.
If not now, when? Seems crazy to keep putting this off, a week or twos rest isn't going to help.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Fecking hell. Why not?!? It’s not as though he didn’t know this decision was coming. Having barely played in the tournament gave him the perfect opportunity to see how it would feel without regular matches.

I don't expect much from him this season. I think he's going to do the surgery and he will be a squad player for half the year while he recovers and regains fitness, probably for the best to take him out of the spotlight.

Does anybody know what's actually wrong with him? I thought it was originally a back problem, now it's his shoulder?

BlackBen

My guy Rashy, I hope he has the surgery and takes all the time needed to recuperate fully. A fit Rashford is as good as any player .

Can’t wait to see a fully fit Rashy back so we can stop seeing useless threads like “Sorry but why is Rashford rated here? “.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I don't expect much from him this season. I think he's going to do the surgery and he will be a squad player for half the year while he recovers and regains fitness, probably for the best to take him out of the spotlight.
I hope he gets the surgery (whatever that surgery is!) but there’s no way it should keep him out for half a season. Would have thought a month or two missed, at most. In a young man like him (with excellent strength in the shoulder muscles to begin with) he should be getting full function back very quickly.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I hope he gets the surgery (whatever that surgery is) but there’s no way it should keep him out for half a season. Would have thought a month or two missed, at most, in a young man like him with excellent strength in the supporting muscles to begin with.
Rashford must also decide whether to have surgery on a shoulder injury that caused him serious discomfort at times throughout the last campaign.

He played through pain on occasions and, though his 65 appearances for club and country in 2020-21 shows the problem can be managed, it can restrict movement and ideally needs solving.

Extended rest might be the chosen path, or an operation if it does not take too long to recover from. Whatever he and the doctors decide, a mutual understanding is imperative.

That's from Athletic. Seems the club think that an extended rest might be an option which seems a tad weird. Surely they can't let a player decide whether he wants an operation or not.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Rashford must also decide whether to have surgery on a shoulder injury that caused him serious discomfort at times throughout the last campaign.

He played through pain on occasions and, though his 65 appearances for club and country in 2020-21 shows the problem can be managed, it can restrict movement and ideally needs solving.

Extended rest might be the chosen path, or an operation if it does not take too long to recover from. Whatever he and the doctors decide, a mutual understanding is imperative.

That's from Athletic. Seems the club think that an extended rest might be an option which seems a tad weird. Surely they can't let a player decide whether he wants an operation or not.
Well the surgeon certainly won’t operate on him without his written consent!

I think it’s reasonable for the player to decide which path he chooses. He does need to make that decision now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.