Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

Heard he is getting surgery this week?
Yes it was planned for straight after the Euros depending on how far England got. Lad needs his surgey and some R&R. 23 years old and hes played way too much football injured this season gone.

Swiss_Red89

Such a shame how this Euros have ended for him. I always wanted him to go, but with hindsight I have to admit that it was the wrong decision. He has delayed his surgery for 6 weeks because of the Euros and whats even worse, he will come back with a lack of confidence because of the lack of gametime and the penaltymiss.

I hope he gets his surgery and rest until mid august minimum. And than restarts with recharged batteries so that we have him ready around september.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Go on holiday, rest, get whatever injuries you have fixed, work hard & come back stronger. It’s been an exhausting year for him on & off the pitch, I don’t want to see a talented young player throw his career away playing through countless injuries. As far as I’m concerned this season is a free hit for him, just get healthy.

El Zoido

Can’t wait to see him back fresh, linking up with Sancho. This guy is a warrior and I think a lot of people have forgotten how good he can actually be. If he has to miss the start of the season then no problem.

Eternitiy

He's a true inspiration and we're very lucky to have a person like this in our team.

However, he needs time off to recover. Physically and mentally.

I still can't understand how he was overlooked so dramatically by Southgate. Mount was appalling, and Rashford always links well with Shaw. Grealish, Rashford, and Shaw supporting Kane and Sterling would have given England the cutting edge they needed instead of guys like Mount and Saka.

And for all the talk of Rashford's poor season, take away Bruno's penalties, and Rashford had more goal+assist contributions than Bruno. Excellent numbers from Rashford in what was an admittedly inconsistent season performance-wise. I still trust Rashford in big matches over Bruno, who invariably wilts under the pressure and hinders the team with his inability to retain possession.

If he's given the time off he needs, I back him to have an excellent season.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What will be the excuse if his form is still shit after the surgery?
Possibly that its the supposedly “toxic fans” fault for pointing out his form is poor in the first place.

Fresh start next season. I’d much rather him be out for a few months and get the old fit and hungry Rashford back however long it takes. We have the players to cover for him if the manager shows the courage to tell him to go and get to the bottom of whatever it is. Please don’t just fall back into making the same mistakes as last season. He’ll pick up numbers but we will be found wanting again when the pressure is on if everyone isn’t fully at it together.

Wheato

It is mind blowing what he has accomplished in his 23 years. He is still incredibly young, and it is obvious that these momentous challenges that he has taken on outside of football, have affected his football. Combine that with playing with an injury and you only have half the player he could be or was.

As Marcus matures, and more people come into his life to shoulder these burdens outside of football, then he will be better at balancing the two elements of his life and career. You almost need to have 2 personalities. The footballer, and then the human rights campaigner. But without mixing the two.

Just imagine how free his mind was when he first took to the pitch in his debut season, and then compare it to all the noise he has buzzing around in his head now. He almost needs to be able to put all of this noise into a room and lock the door to it, then open the door to another room which is just an 18 year old lad who wants to score goals for Man United. He needs to find that kid again.

And he'll come back stronger.

BFernandes

What will the lottery numbers be next week?
It's a genuine question.

There seems to be a myriad of excuses when it comes to Rashford and his poor form.

Not that that I get the correlation between having an injured shoulder and deciding to try and take on half a team instead of picking an easy pass.

But there you go.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's a genuine question.

There seems to be a myriad of excuses when it comes to Rashford and his poor form.

Not that that I get the correlation between having an injured shoulder and deciding to try and take on half a team instead of picking an easy pass.

But there you go.
There you go indeed.. Just say what you think in the first instance rather than asking stupid questions. Much easier that way.

acnumber9

He gets an amazing amount of assists for somebody who apparently neither knows how to pass or ever does it. Of course it could be that a lot of people talk shite.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Anyone seen the positive messages all over that mural that got defaced? Amazing stuff.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Rashford must also decide whether to have surgery on a shoulder injury that caused him serious discomfort at times throughout the last campaign.

He played through pain on occasions and, though his 65 appearances for club and country in 2020-21 shows the problem can be managed, it can restrict movement and ideally needs solving.

Extended rest might be the chosen path, or an operation if it does not take too long to recover from. Whatever he and the doctors decide, a mutual understanding is imperative.

That's from Athletic. Seems the club think that an extended rest might be an option which seems a tad weird. Surely they can't let a player decide whether he wants an operation or not.
The shoulder problem is likely a ganglion cyst. They can cause a geat deal of discomfort. These can recover with rest or can be treated with surgery.

Dr. Dwayne

I think that's what they used to do back in the day.

I had one as a kid on my wrist. Was going to get surgery but someone collided with my playing football and it just burst and dissipated. I remember it hurting at the time but after that all was fine!
I had/have one in my shoulder. When it was bad the pain was constant. The only time it didn't hurt was when I was sleeping. Working at a computer all day didn't help but walking was the worst. It felt as if someone was beneath me ripping my arm from my body. Eventually it kind of resolved but may be coming back a bit again.

TheReligion

Abusive
I had/have one in my shoulder. When it was bad the pain was constant. The only time it didn't hurt was when I was sleeping. Working at a computer all day didn't help but walking was the worst. It felt as if someone was beneath me ripping my arm from my body. Eventually it kind of resolved but may be coming back a bit again.
Is that's what on Rashfords shoulder? Sounds pretty painful. I guess it all varies depending on the location and what pressure it is applying.

Surely it's a pretty simple procedure and recovery though? No idea why they just haven't got rid!

Dr. Dwayne

Is that's what on Rashfords shoulder? Sounds pretty painful. I guess it all varies depending on the location and what pressure it is applying.

Surely it's a pretty simple procedure and recovery though? No idea why they just haven't got rid!
That's my theory. Yeah, it's just some fluid build up in the heavily encapsulated musculature there. When it starts exerting pressure on nerves things get bad. Since you always use your arm it's hard for it to resolve naturally.

I'm not sure but I think the recovery from surgery requires some management due to the intricate layout of the musculature.

Ali Dia

I think that's what they used to do back in the day.

I had one as a kid on my wrist. Was going to get surgery but someone collided with my playing football and it just burst and dissipated. I remember it hurting at the time but after that all was fine!
I had something similar on top of my wrist for a year or two and a friend told me he got rid of one by just hitting it a few times against the wall while he was hungover in the shower. Gave it a few thumps and it went away. Obviously not a medically sound way to remove a cyst but there you go… I gave it a shot, to my surprise it actually worked for me too. …

TheReligion

Abusive
I had something similar on top of my wrist for a year or two and a friend told me he got rid of one by just hitting it a few times against the wall while he was hungover in the shower. Gave it a few thumps and it went away. Obviously not a medically sound way to remove a cyst but there you go… I gave it a shot, to my surprise it actually worked for me too. …
Maybe we should both head to to Carrington and pass on our advice? We can take @Dwazza Gunnar Solskjær to make us look more official and wear medical style clothing.

TheReligion

Abusive
#United to appoint two new cutting edge medical staff as the restructuring behind the scenes continues. :)
Can you imagine the Caf digging us both out despite not knowing we have personal experience in dealing with such injuries.

They'd be a thread saying "What does @Ali Dia do?" and "TR is a twat" in no time.

Infact im surprised that thread about me doesn't already exist. Probably in the mod forum.

Ali Dia

Can you imagine the Caf digging us both out despite not knowing we have personal experience in dealing with such injuries.

They'd be a thread saying "What does @Ali Dia do?" and "TR is a twat" in no time.

Infact im surprised that thread about me doesn't already exist. Probably in the mod forum.

:lol:

What does @TheReligion actually do? Does @Ali Dia smile too much? They couldn’t handle it man. Meltdowns all sides :lol:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He's a true inspiration and we're very lucky to have a person like this in our team.
Indeed.

I for one think Greta Thunberg should be our next defensive midfielder. And Captain Tom Moore should be in goal.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Absolutely love Rashford. Hopefully an injury free season and he can pull it altogether.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
One of our best attacking players last season. How many “fans” forget. Hopefully he gets fit and comes back stronger next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.