Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
fecking stoked about him being back soon. Cant wait to see him banging in the goals

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is a big F You to the people who said there was no proof that my boy was playing through pain and his form dropped.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/rashfo...nd-shoulder-surgery/kwiiss0d64gt1ouib5f2gahjv

11 months he was playing through injury.

Some people just complain with beer bellies.
He kept quiet through it all too, never complained - just tried his best and put his body on the line for the club.

What's worrying is the fact the club allowed him to do this. I think that just shows how much we've lacked quality especially in wide positions.

Siezard

Yeah and he also misses the decisive penalty for England. Not that it matters here.

Redlyn

There's plenty of more relevant recognitiion for that though, like his MBE.

Ed Sheeran has honorary degree, just for being Ed Sheeran. Jo Brand has one because she was a psyciatric nurse for a bit then went on to be famous. Even Dannii Minogue has one, for services to the entertainment industry. Marcus is probably the most deserving, but still all seems a bit daft. Let's be honest, it's the unis looking for a nice headline.
Obviously. Why do you think they give them out in the first place.
That's how honorary degrees work.
They recognize someone for whatever reason, the uni gets connected to a big name and maybe get some donations & publicity as well.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Obviously. Why do you think they give them out in the first place.
That's how honorary degrees work.
They recognize someone for whatever reason, the uni gets connected to a big name and maybe get some donations & publicity as well.
Yeah that's why I said it, obviously

steve.crowford

I can absolutely not imagine what it must be for someone like Rashford growing up watching Ronaldo destroy defenders while playing for United, and now getting the totally unexpected opportunity to play alongside him. He may have had a dodgy season, but I love Rashy to bits - I can’t wait to have a fully fit Rashford back, no matter the fate of our season. Absolutely chuffed for the guy!

Excited that Rashy will be back soon, fully fit and back as our starter as the left sided attacker. It's a real boost going into the difficult fixtures between now and christmas.

stw2022

He kept quiet through it all too, never complained - just tried his best and put his body on the line for the club.

What's worrying is the fact the club allowed him to do this. I think that just shows how much we've lacked quality especially in wide positions.
Not sure how anyone comes through this with any credit; the player for playing on and making himself available despite knowing he wasn't fit and the club management for allowing him to. His performances for much of the second half of the season were awful. Sure if he was playing through courageously and looking like the Rashford of old then fair enough but that wasn't the case. The last 6 months were probably his worst since he broke into the team. Sure you can put it down to injury but playing through injury to play like that isn't as great as it sounds. I dunno this is top level sport not PE. Responsibility surely rests somewhere between the player and the management to step in when something clearly isnt right instead of ploughing on when evidently neither player nor team were getting much out of such virtuousness.

Lacking the maturity to say 'I need rest' is almost as unimpressive as medical staff not noticing someone badly needed a rest just by looking at how they played.

Swiss_Red89

Probably get 10 minutes off the bench. Hopefully we are winning and not needing him to rescue us.
Nah I feel he will come on around the hour mark. Ole loves to play him and probably can't wait to throw him in. :lol:

I'm also so excited to see him back!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This guy gives me so much joy.

It's very hard to explain- when I watch him I'm on the edge of my seat.

Can't wait.

Smores

Could be a big boost, he could actually save Ole's job with his impact if he comes back in form.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
This is just crappy journalism combined with a manager who trips over his words. Nonsense story from the BBC, embarrassing.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He should stick to what he's best at, which is getting the government to feed disadvantaged kids

He's a fantastic player but even if he wins the next 4 Balon d'Or awards, that won't be as impressive as his political work.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
What makes you think he was tripping over his words? That quote seems pretty clear from Ole.
Look. I like Ole but speaking is not his forte. I have seen nothing recently from Marcus to suggest he is losing focus on football. I am guessing Ole just mangled another answer to a journalist's question.

Fluctuation0161

Look. I like Ole but speaking is not his forte. I have seen nothing recently from Marcus to suggest he is losing focus on football. I am guessing Ole just mangled another answer to a journalist's question.
Maybe not, but the quote is very clear and I don't think it is a slip up from Ole. Unless maybe that is what he thinks privately and has let it slip publicly.

Unless he clarifies those comments then it is what he means. He has fed fuel to the journalists criticising Rashford and put more pressure on him in a non supportive way. Could be the beginning of the end if he stops supporting his players in the press.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah I don’t think there’s any ambiguity about Ole’s words there. Can’t say I agree at all. Pretty disappointed for him to come out with that, tbh

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Maybe not, but the quote is very clear and I don't think it is a slip up from Ole. Unless maybe that is what he thinks privately and has let it slip publicly.

Unless he clarifies those comments then it is what he means. He has fed fuel to the journalists criticising Rashford and put more pressure on him in a non supportive way. Could be the beginning of the end if he stops supporting his players in the press.
If that is true then things are desperate. Ole needs results and no excuses will be accepted. It is going to be a HUGE 2 months for him. Ole's biggest flaw has always been his interviews. He can't possibly motivate the players with that introverted style and his coaches are similar. He needs a personality transplant and a coaching overhaul.

I actually want the guy to do well but he is circling the bowl and I think it is just a matter of time now.

Fluctuation0161

Yeah I don’t think there’s any ambiguity about Ole’s words there. Can’t say I agree at all. Pretty disappointed for him to come out with that, tbh
Same. Disappointing.

Especially after Rashford played for us last session while injured and even delayed surgery so he could go and play for England. If that's not prioritising football I don't know what is! I could understand if he said prioritise club football.

Fluctuation0161

If that is true then things are desperate. Ole needs results and no excuses will be accepted. It is going to be a HUGE 2 months for him. Ole's biggest flaw has always been his interviews. He can't possibly motivate the players with that introverted style and his coaches are similar. He needs a personality transplant and a coaching overhaul.

I actually want the guy to do well but he is circling the bowl and I think it is just a matter of time now.
He will need to pull it out the bag against top opposition in the next few fixtures.

He'll also need Rashford onside to help with that. Really strange comment for him to make.

AndySmith1990

It's an unnecessary comment by Solskjaer that didn't need to be made. If he returned and started playing without any focus and looked uninterested then fair enough, say it. But Rashford has never come across as a person who lacks focus and he always gives his all when he's on the pitch. It would've been wise to have at least waited for him to play a few matches first.

Swiss_Red89

From an outside perspective this comment is really weird...

But we don't see Rashy day in day out, Ole does. Maybe Rashford pre 2020 put in a lot of extra effort after training for example and does it less since spring 2020. And Ole noticed it.

Just an example and could be total bullshit, but we just don't know the details.

MattofManchester

Absolute garbage comment. Marcus can prioritise whatever he wants, and I think humanitarian causes are far more important than a kickabout game, with clubs run by psychopathic regimes, corruption, gangsters, slavers and the ilk. Especially for him, given he hasn't just talked a good game, but gone out and got himself directly involved in matters that are important in society.

More people should be like Marcus Rashford, not the other way round.

That comment is Jose-esque. Way to put a damper on Marcus' return.

BerryBerryShrew

Absolute garbage comment. Marcus can prioritise whatever he wants, and I think humanitarian causes are far more important than a kickabout game, with clubs run by psychopathic regimes, corruption, gangsters, slavers and the ilk. Especially for him, given he hasn't just talked a good game, but gone out and got himself directly involved in matters that are important in society.

More people should be like Marcus Rashford, not the other way round.

That comment is Jose-esque. Way to put a damper on Marcus' return.
Marcus is being paid more for one week than most of us earn in 5 years to prioritise football. What he is doing is commendable but if off field work is truly his priority then he should retire from the game to focus on that.

That being said, I think that football is his priority with his humanitarian work being something that he does instead of clubbing/gambling or whatever it is that other footballers do and I doubt that it takes up too much of his time so all's good.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
If Rash is fit I hope he starts. Play your best players., Alex Ferguson said that.

Frank White

Bit weird to say that but then to go on and say that his off the field activities have not affected his game.

Either way can’t wait for his return.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
John Giles was saying the same thing on the radio a few months ago about Rashford. He said he should concentrate on his football. He said you have to be 100% focused on your game at the top clubs. Having said that Rashford has a whole PR team doing stuff for him. It is not like he is missing training to fulfill certain duties.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
It's time for Rashford to get back to his best. He had his rest but now it's the time to show that hunger and skill and make us compete again. We will still struggle without the defensive midfielder and injuries to Maguire and Varane but with Marcus we will have another player who has two or three individual moments which can turn draws into wins. Hopefully he comes in with a lot of desire as well, Don't wanna see this walking type of Rashford in the team, rather someone who will motivate others to run more and implement the grit all over the team and pitch.

Marwood

What if it's true though? That he has lost a bit of focus?

Status
Not open for further replies.