4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric_the_Red99

Rashford’s pace and his willingness to keep making those runs behind really mark him as a unique attacking asset for us, and something that we really miss when he’s not playing.

There are parts of his game which still clearly need some work, but there’s no denying that he’s an incredibly important player for us, especially given our over-reliance on moments of individual genius.

mu4c_20le

His style is like a young Ronaldo. If he can stay fit and improve the decisions he'll be compared to the best agian.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Thought he was excellent tonight. His presence caused their back four constant problems. Excellent finish and unlucky with the one that hit the bar

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Looks absolutely mint. Don’t care about missed chances as long as he keeps working for the next one. Both United and England massively miss his runs in behind when he’s unavailable.

Andersons Dietician

You can certainly see what we’ve been missing with his explosive pace and willingness to run in behind. Didn’t have his shooting boots on today but gotta say and it was the same for Greenwood as well the lack of effort tracking back was an issue. At times he and Greenwood just letting people run off them whilst they casually jogged back.

Sancho, Cavani and even Ronaldo the last 20 mins showed what he and Greenwood needed to be doing the whole game. Still finding his way to fitness I bet but hopefully this isn’t like last season where he’s decided tracking back isn’t his thing.

Winrar

That break has done him a world of good. Looked a lot livelier today and when he came on as sub vs Leicester as well.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
People said he didn't have an injury or some cr*p :lol:

Wonder what his figures would be in the Bundesliga

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great to have him back. His movement is fantastic off the ball coming off the left. A top coach would also do wonders for his consistency IMO, as he is a brilliant talent that would become easily world class in the right system (like Sterling was for Pep, except Rashford has so much more talent IMO).

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's got that Inzaghi movement at 23.

LoneStar

Adds a different dimension to our attack. It's clear we missed him, and that there is no direct replacement for him in the squad.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Missed his pace and movement that’s for certain. It’s clear we have no one else who can get as many chances per game I just hope with sharpness he can improve his finishing/decision making a little more.

Ixion

Reminds me of Andy Cole the way his pace and movement gets chances we just don't create if he's not in the team. Bit rusty in his finishing but I'd rather be creating those chances than not. 2 goals in about 90 minutes playing time so far and he's barely trained.

Our wingers need to track the opposition defenders: Rashford didn't track back for their first goal, allowing Zappacosta to run in behind.
Its the same no matter who plays, whether its Greenwood, Sancho, Pogba etc out there. It is our biggest problem at the moment.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
2 in 2 after that long lay off, just delivers end product game after game (remember his numbers last season when he was broke)

Doesn't get the respect as a player he deserves

Ibi Dreams

He's so good at those bending runs, he often gets multiple chances per game by doing that. He should really be teaching Greenwood how to do the same, it's a brilliant technique that nobody else in our team seems to do

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Wut? English players are the most overrated ones all around. That is how Maguire cost 80M and Ben White 50M.
Homegrown rule, it has nothing to do with nationality. Ake went for 50m or something like that as well.

red4ever 79

Missed his pace and movement that’s for certain. It’s clear we have no one else who can get as many chances per game I just hope with sharpness he can improve his finishing/decision making a little more.
Yup, thats the one area. If he could just improve his finishing a little, what a player he could be.

SuperiorXI

I was at the game last night and honestly Rashford was great to watch. He's class on the ball and is so dangerous with his runs. We need to make much better use of him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Missed a couple of great chances but looks sharp and took his goal well, hopefully he hasn't picked up a muscle injury.
He took a hit to his thigh in a foul a few minutes before he got subbed. You could see he was rubbing it for a while so hopefully just a bruise/dead leg. Was probably always going to be subbed around that time anyway as he builds it back up.

M16Red

HE is the key to this team having some kind of balance
I think dropping Pogba was more important to team balance than Rashford.

Class players both of them, but Rashford has that LW locked in. Hopefully he'll be back for the Liverpool game giving TAA and Matip a horrid time.

meamth

Greenwood take note, that is how you become proper forward for Manchester United.

Early days, but his quality is immense for our side.

GueRed

Doesnt get the respect he deserves because he's English and black. And an academy product.
Probably winds up a lot of Tories too.

One of our most important players alongside Maguire and Bruno for me.

Always a fecking danger. With space to attack in behind he is a fecking menace!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Greenwood take note, that is how you become proper forward for Manchester United.

Early days, but his quality is immense for our side.
Greenwood has been good this season ??? And he's much younger too.

Fans on this board are really strange.

MiracleInMadrid

Made some fantastic runs yesterday. Great timing between him and Bruno among others in those situations. Fantastic to come back and gel in so quickly.

In the right setup we could be such a force. We now have great creators of chances in Bruno, Pogba and potentially Sancho aswell. In addition, we have a great runner in Rashford, a couple of great players in the box in Ronaldo and Cavani, and finally a promising player in and around the box in Greenwood.

Hughes35

Great to see him back. Looks sharper than I've ever seen him.

His off the ball movement was brilliant last night and he took his goal superbly....... He doe's need to work on his finishing though. He should of had a hat trick really.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Considering how good he is, it really is unbelievable how much stick he gets here.

meamth

Greenwood has been good this season ??? And he's much younger too.

Fans on this board are really strange.
Maybe I wrote that in condescending tone..

I don't slate Greenwood, it's just Rashford is the senior, he is the model for Greenwood to copy.
The physique, power and pace Rashford has is at proper world class level.
Greenwood has another season or two to grow himself like Rashford.

To be fair Greenwood has been a bit greedy this season.

Ixion

Someone in the match thread said he needed to be sold.
If we ever wanted to sell him he would be snapped up by one of the big clubs somewhere. We have plenty that would go to midtable sides but Rashford is not one of them. Some people miss what a gem we have.

Holocene

If we ever wanted to sell him he would be snapped up by one of the big clubs somewhere. We have plenty that would go to midtable sides but Rashford is not one of them. Some people miss what a gem we have.
We really don't have plenty of these players. This is massively downplaying our squad.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The ship has probably sailed but I wish he’d work on his left foot more. For a modern forward he is unusually one footed. He had two good chances he’s have made much more of if he was more confident on his left. Has he ever scored with his left foot?
He does seem very one footed with his striking but, looking at the stats he seems to be around the same as the rest of our attack, really: (Premier League website stats).

Rashford = 8 of 56 with his left;
Martial = 11 of 56;
Lingard = 5 of 29;
Bruno = 3 of 30(!);
Ronaldo = 10 of 87;
Cavani = 1 of 10 (6 headed :D);

Even the two-footed demon Greenwood only has 5 of his 21 with his right foot.

If I could be bothered I'd check other players to see if this is just generally how it goes, I think scoring on both feet to a higher rate than the above seems to be quite rare - Son is at 28 of 74 with his left, which is pretty crazy.

Holocene

He does seem very one footed with his striking but, looking at the stats he seems to be around the same as the rest of our attack, really: (Premier League website stats).

Martial = 11 of 56;
Lingard = 5 of 29;
Bruno = 3 of 30(!);
Ronaldo = 10 of 87;

If I could be bothered I'd check other players to see if this is just generally how it goes, I think scoring on both feet to a higher rate than the above seems to be quite rare - Son is at 28 of 74 with his left, which is pretty crazy.
Salah has 13 goals with his right foot out of 104 goals.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Dont think any of the top 7 clubs in top leagues would sign him. At least that's what I read.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Martial = 11 of 56;
Lingard = 5 of 29;
Bruno = 3 of 30(!);
Ronaldo = 10 of 87;

That’s interesting. Thanks for checking. Great example of recency bias. A player does something frustrating in the match you’re watching and your brain builds it up to be a bigger, more long term problem than it really is. That’s why we need stats!

Weirdly, I was thinking of Lukaku. The goal he smashed in to the roof of the net with his right foot for Belgium. Couldn’t imagine Rashford doing the same with his left. But what do I know?!

OmarUnited4ever

What a performance, for someone who's been on the sidelines for months, yeah he missed some chances, but he made so many runs in behind, he tracked back & pressed, he did all he could, excellent performance all round and an important goal too...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That’s interesting. Thanks for checking. Great example of recency bias. A player does something frustrating in the match you’re watching and your brain builds it up to be a bigger, more long term problem than it really is. That’s why we need stats!

Weirdly, I was thinking of Lukaku. The goal he smashed in to the roof of the net with his right foot for Belgium. Couldn’t imagine Rashford doing the same with his left. But what do I know?!

Check at 13:30. Top corner from left foot!

Status
Not open for further replies.