4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolarra90

Sancho using Mendy's awareness of Rashford to fake a pass, is of course very plausible.

Another thing that is very plausible is the fact that in the first image I posted (posted again below), you can clearly see that Sancho is looking directly at Rashford as the ball is about to enter the box, and at that point Rashford's foot was already inside the box - and therefore he was ahead of the ball and in an offside position.
It is not disputable that Rashford entered the box before the ball did.

So it could well be that Sancho was fully aware that Rashford was in front of the ball and offside - which ruled out Sancho being able to pass to him.

It's easier to look and say in a picture, but in real time you can see Rashford was onside until the half circle and you can see Sancho slowing down a bit when reaching there. It's very hard to time when another player will slow down.

I think the shimmy and solo goal was always his plan, and looking at Rashford was only part of the faking.

Ixion

Are people still going on about this offside nonsense.

He was onside as late as this then Sancho slowed down for the keeper and he crept beyond it. Rashford being there when he was on the edge of our box 10 seconds earlier clearing the ball with a header is why the keeper is in two minds at this point, quit your whining.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He annoys me these days. Doesn’t work hard, still the same crap decision making (as someone pointed out, he wasn’t even keeping himself onside when Sancho was through), dribbles into blind alleys etc.

But he does a good talk on social media so it’s fine.
This pretty much sums up my view on him lately. He's in desperate need of a great coach. Luckily, we now have one. Let's see how much he can learn from Ralf and how much he's willing to work to apply the learning.

Andersons Dietician

I think that's the point. People say Rashford don't understand the rule but it's them who don't get it.
I think many get it, but just he wasn’t behind the ball even, if you look at the still many are using his foot is ahead of the ball which would be offside. He also didn’t make an intelligent run to create more space is what people are pointing out. He should be heading off at an angle to his left widening the gap between he and Sancho.

I know it’s a matter of cm and the point about not being able to judge when Sancho would slow down is a good one which is why he should have already been making sure he was behind Sancho so there is a gap.

Another thing to add, he and Sancho are clean through, guaranteed to score basically so you’ve got to think the adrenaline and emotions were kicking in there so possible he couldnt help himself and just found himself over excited at the prospect.

Last edited:

Born2Lose

It's a consequence of the absurd wages we give players. he shouldn't be on the salary he's on at 24. There's no motivation to improve.

Unfortunately he was one of Ole's golden boys too, hopefully he'll have to earn his place under the new manager rather than coast on reputation.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I think many get it, but just he wasn’t behind the ball even, if you look at the still many are using his foot is ahead of the ball which would be offside. He also didn’t make an intelligent run to create more space is what people are pointing out. He should be heading off at an angle to his left widening the gap between he and Sancho.

I know it’s a matter of cm and the point about not being able to judge when Sancho would slow down is a good one which is why he should have already been making sure he was behind Sancho so there is a gap.

Another thing to add, he and Sancho are clean through, guaranteed to score basically so you’ve got to think the adrenaline and emotions were kicking in there so possible he couldnt help himself and just found himself over excited at the prospect.
It was criminal decision making from him. It’s the basics of football and we would have had a goal disallowed for his stupidity if Sancho had played him.

The Oracle

It's easier to look and say in a picture, but in real time you can see Rashford was onside until the half circle and you can see Sancho slowing down a bit when reaching there. It's very hard to time when another player will slow down.

I think the shimmy and solo goal was always his plan, and looking at Rashford was only part of the faking.
It could well be that it was Sancho's plan all along to not pass to Rashford, and take the chance himself - and if it was then fair play to him because he scored.

With regards to your first point about Rashford being onside until the ball got to the box is an interesting one, because it was actually irrelevant in that scenario. Allow me to explain why:

The 2 on 1 situation (Sancho and Rashford vs Mendy), meant that Mendy was never going to leave his box, and therefore the only time that Sancho was going to shoot at goal or pass to Rashford, was when the ball entered the box.

So knowing that, it is completely irrelevant whether or not Rashford was onside before the ball entered the box – because Sancho was never going to pass to Rashford or have a shot himself, until the ball entered the box.

Now here’s the critical part that a lot of people are overlooking...
- Rashford entered the box before the ball did
- Once the ball entered the box, Rashford continued to be ahead of the ball

So at the point when Sancho had to shoot or pass (because the ball had entered the box), Rashford was in an offside position, and continued to be in an offside position; and therefore he completely cut off the option for Sancho to pass to him at any point in the box.

For someone who is an established England International, and is a regular in the first team at Manchester United; it was really amateur from Rashford that he couldn’t keep himself onside.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's a consequence of the absurd wages we give players. he shouldn't be on the salary he's on at 24. There's no motivation to improve.

Unfortunately he was one of Ole's golden boys too, hopefully he'll have to earn his place under the new manager rather than coast on reputation.
I voiced my concerns about this at the time, Martial was the exact same.

GlasgowCeltic

Yeah he's definitely been indulged by a manager who has a Utd shirt with Rashy on the back, but I don't think he'll back down from any challenge the new manager sets for him, hope he turns it around and ups his intensity

crossy1686

career ending

:lol: He's one of our only players that has got better year on year since he broke through!

Ole played him with a broken back, a bad shoulder and needing an operation on his ankle, but yeah sure, he's shit or something.

Born2Lose

:lol: He's one of our only players that has got better year on year since he broke through!

Ole played him with a broken back, a bad shoulder and needing an operation on his ankle, but yeah sure, he's shit or something.
Binary thinking and emotes. How can I compete with that.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

This is a nice subtle way of accusing Rashford of not caring. There are many players in elite football who earns absolute bank at this age. You don't have any factual basis to say that money = lack of personal desire to grow outside of a 'assumption'

Marwood

When did he have this operation on his ankle?

Alan Partridge

Glad the majority are starting to wake up to Rashford. Physically he’s amazing, run fast, shoot hard. But mentally he just doesn’t have it. I don’t think it’s absurd to think fit those reasons the man has peaked as a footballer already.

OTRightWinger07

kick and run merchant.

rashford flourishes when theres space to run to. but thats not enough to be a united starter.

Marwood

Very lucky to start tonight. He badly needs to give us a proper performance.

PoTMS

Lazy shite performances are the norm now and no injury to point to. He presses the least out of all our attackers and he's only 23?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't mind the fact that he is out of form this season. It happens. But his lack of desire for pressing, running, playing defence....pisses me off. A lot

Marwood

One decent cross but other than that it's mystifying. Nothing like the lad of his first few seasons.

Is he fit? I don't mean injured, I mean is he putting the yards in to make sure his cardio is up to scratch?

acnumber9

He’s running out of excuses now and I’m a fan. He has to be much better of dropped if he’s going to play on the right we should just be playing Greenwood.

L1nk

It's a touchy subject but at what point do we start to actually say, what's happening with him off the field is effecting on the field performances? Unfortunately it's used as a stick to beat him with when I know he's doing good things off the pitch, but he just looks completely disinterested and off it, has done for a long while now

Ludens the Red

Yeah time to start worrying. What summed him up was that cross field pass Maguire made him and for some inexplicable reason he tried to play it in first time despite being in acres.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Drop his ass to the bench, he brings nothing to the table currently. Doesn't run at players, doesn't put in a hard shift defensively, makes poor decisions on the ball and is mediocre creatively.

I'd rather have Mason in there because at least he's tidier and will bring a goal threat. Hell or give Amad some minutes

Idxomer

He looks depressed, his performances the last year or so give me the feeling he will retire before 30.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Very poor, good assist but give his place to Greenwood, let him earn it. And no, no Lingard.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Poor game but good assist. I’m starting to worry if he’ll ever kick on. If he doesn’t after Rangnick he’s never going to.

pablo__p

I hope (and am quite confident) that RR will identify the issue with him prontissimo and if Rashford can't step up then I can see the likes of Lingard or Amad taking his place.

united for life

Marcus needs some tome away from the starting 11. I can’t see why he starts when greenwood is fit. Rashford has lost focus, he seems to have lost passion, lost interest, lost self confidence…he isn’t the same player. His work rate dropped. He’s only 24, but this is his 7th season as a united player. By now, he should be on his way to his prime as a football player, not getting lazier by the minute..

Kaos

Atrocious today, and not for the first time. I've given him the benefit of the doubt in the past because of his injuries, but unless he's genuinely been rushed back, he can't hide behind those excuses anymore.

Would be keen to see how he fares in a high pressing Rangnick team, or whether he becomes a casualty and we opt for Greenwood over him.

Swiss_Red89

Really starting to question if a lack of stamina is the problem for his lazy performances.

First 30minutes he seemed pressing more than usualy and with more intensity. But after that he got back to his usual self. Could it be that his stamina is just not up for 90min high tempo football?

If so, he is in huge trouble under Rangnick.

Status
Not open for further replies.