Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Biggest myth in football

“rashford is only playing bad because he’s carrying injuries, he will be fine when he’s had surgery“

he’s just a below average player.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
For all the negative comments on here, I'm quite confident he's a player who will thrive under Rangnick because he's hard working enough and can accept criticism. There's always been a desire to improve with him and I'm quite confident Rangnick will do just that.

Frank Grimes

That run into a dead end just before he got subbed off last night is why I never rated Rashford as highly as others. He's been doing the same thing for years now and has never improved his decision making.

YouknowNani

He has one month a season where he looks like prime Ronaldo then the rest of the year he's poor. I'm not sure he's even going to have his Ronaldo like phase of form this season.

He has all the attributes to be great but seems unsure how to use them. Poor decision making. Runs with the ball but then doesn't know what do do with it he gets near the box. Use your pace man, tap it past your man and whip in a cross or have a shot. He has the athleticism to do it but seems lost.

When he plays like this, he's the definition on a "Pace merchant".

The United

He seems to dislike playing football right now. It's really weird. There's no joy in his game.

Not 2 years ago he was potentially - along with Mbappe - the most valuable young player in world football. He still has the pace, still has skills, but it's all gone away. I don't understand to be honest. I know it happens, but he seemed like a guarantee.
I am concerned with that myself too. Or at least seems like not exactly focusing with the football.

stw2022

He’d be world class if it wasn’t for the ball and other players

stw2022

Not very good today I have to admit. But he is super talented and young, I reckon RR will bring the best out of him.
That’s the thing, whilst he isn’t a veteran he isn’t a kid either. His game time is probably on par with what you’d expect a player two or three years older than him to have accumulated; especially at the top level for club and country.

The flaws and inconsistencies in his game at the very least should be on their way to being ironed out by now. Even if you disregard his actually vast experience and concentrate solely on his age he should be showing clear and progressive improvement. But I think it takes a very brave person to claim he hasn’t regressed in almost every single element of his to the point I think we have to accept the trajectory we thought he was on two or three years ago isn’t the trajectory he’s on now

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Rashford is a strange one. Seems like a really humble and likeable guy off the pitch, but on the pitch looks like a sulky child with a massive attitude problem.

pacifictheme

That’s the thing, whilst he isn’t a veteran he isn’t a kid either. His game time is probably on par with what you’d expect a player two or three years older than him to have accumulated; especially at the top level for club and country.

The flaws and inconsistencies in his game at the very least should be on their way to being ironed out by now. Even if you disregard his actually vast experience and concentrate solely on his age he should be showing clear and progressive improvement. But I think it takes a very brave person to claim he hasn’t regressed in almost every single element of his to the point I think we have to accept the trajectory we thought he was on two or three years ago isn’t the trajectory he’s on now
So are you saying that since the 2 or 3 years ago you mention, his back to back 20 goal seasons playing with injuries (mostly from wide left as well) point to a downward trajectory?

I agree I would have hoped him to be better than he is right now but he's had a messy 2 seasons injury wise so what he has done shouldn't be viewed too harshly.

He has absolutely not played well of late but most of the team have been poor. Hopefully the new manager will improve his attitude as he does appear to be quite lazy at times. Hopefully it's still the effects of his injury. He's not completed 90 minutes yet which suggests it might be.

Devil may care

He seems to dislike playing football right now. It's really weird. There's no joy in his game.

Not 2 years ago he was potentially - along with Mbappe - the most valuable young player in world football. He still has the pace, still has skills, but it's all gone away. I don't understand to be honest. I know it happens, but he seemed like a guarantee.
This is what has stood out to me as well, he just looks out of sorts in general, even though he got an assist. Not sure why he was playing RW and Sancho LW either.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

Exactly. Once a player has gone through pubity and reached their potential in terms of muscle mass and height, then the only real vehicle for improvement is match experience, which he has a ton of. He’s made more Big Team appearances than Henderson, Jones, Bailey, Lindelof, VDB, Lingard etc, despite being younger than all of them

NoPace

For all the negative comments on here, I'm quite confident he's a player who will thrive under Rangnick because he's hard working enough and can accept criticism. There's always been a desire to improve with him and I'm quite confident Rangnick will do just that.
He's likely a better player than Timo Werner and obviously he thrived as a pace merchant under Rangnick, I expect Rangnick to use him similarly with Cristiano as the Poulsen/Silva target 9 type.

Jacob

I don't like the fact that he looks miserable on the pitch. No joy or enthusiasm.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
His presses are useless seeing he gets turned so easily, pace doesn't seem that electric atm. Decision making is off, hardly beats people on the wing and is extremely wasteful with the ball.

Then you can hardly see him happy despite him saying how much he loves playing for his boyhood club.

I refuse to believe that’s his level. Still sure he'll explode at some point and put it all together.

Frank White

I don't like the fact that he looks miserable on the pitch. No joy or enthusiasm.
What's there to be happy about over the past few weeks :lol: Suppose he should've been doing cartwheels when we got smashed by Pool or giving out high fives as we got dominated by City?

Highfather_24

Why was he played on the right against Arsenal? So that he can cross to Ronaldo rather than cutting in?

The United

Why was he played on the right against Arsenal? So that he can cross to Ronaldo rather than cutting in?
Sancho would actually cross better.

My thinking is that Carrick wanted him to exploit their right side as their RB seemed to go forward a lot.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He has real pace and some skills, and could score some good counter attack goals too, so he will always be useful for us.

But other than that, Sancho would be better option for us with his superior pressing, passing and playmaking.

stw2022

The normalisation of the idea an inside forward playing from the one side as opposed to the other is sufficient reason for him to be rendered entirely useless as a footballer is, in its own way, an impressive achievement

Nordmore

Agreed.

I have no worry regarding Rashford. Most seems to forget one of his biggest strength is actually his mentality. This lad is right in the head. He'll be fine to great under Rangnick imo.

Idxomer

I thought at first it didn't make much sense but thinking about it, he has very similar instincts to Ronaldo. Having him on the right makes sure they don't get in each other's way.

Rashford though seems more dejected than usual when playing on the right, same thing happened last season in the away fixture against Arsenal.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Somethings not right. It will be interesting to see what happens for the remainder of the season that’s for sure. On current form he doesn’t warrant a starting spot in my view.

We’ve seen it plenty of times before, young promising players development stalling and not hitting the heights expected of them. Not saying that’s the case here but really, for his age, he’s not improved in any terms since he burst onto the scene.

mav_9me

If as we are led to believe, Rangnick likes vertical passing, that can only mean good things for Rashford and Bruno.

Swiss_Red89

If as we are led to believe, Rangnick likes vertical passing, that can only mean good things for Rashford and Bruno.
Rangnick also likes quick, fast transition football. Something Rashford constantly is looking at with his runs.

So there is a good chance he has a playing style which Rangnick rates and therefore plays him a lot. Would be brilliant if he could bring a similar form to Werner at Leipzig out of Rashford.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If you can say that about Rashford, you can say that just as well about any other player in our squad. I think he will struggle massively.

He would be equally poor on the left. He's just out of form, doesn't matter where we play him. If he was against an opponent who leaves a lot of space to run into he'd thrive, that's when he looks world class. Personally I don't see much of a difference in Rashford on the left / on the right.

Red00012

I haven’t read one player on the forum that won’t thrive under Ralf. He must be some sort of God who’s going turn our rubbish players into star performers. Bring back Bebe we were all wrong about him Ralf will turn him into Messi

Kag

His attitude and demeanour are bigger issues than what he’s doing with the ball at the moment. Shite.

Foxbatt

His attitude and demeanour are bigger issues than what he’s doing with the ball at the moment. Shite.
I agree with you. His attitude has always been the biggest issue after he broke through. Ralf will not tolerate that kind of nonsense. Not only Rashford but by any player.

Red_toad

Has he ever looked the same since doing his back? Even close to it?
No he hasn’t. I’ll await one of the Caf back experts to tell us he’s finished. For me he’s just in poor form and we have numerous fans who don’t like him and pummel him constantly to sway opinion.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
This brain training talk could be phenomenal for him. I'm looking at a player who constantly runs into blind alleys, who was offside for 50 yards when running with Sancho for the Chelsea goal. But Rashford has always struck me as a player happy to work, listen and learn. Rangnick could be absolutely brilliant for him!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
No he hasn’t. I’ll await one of the Caf back experts to tell us he’s finished. For me he’s just in poor form and we have numerous fans who don’t like him and pummel him constantly to sway opinion.
Both his agility and confidence in himself seems to have evaporated, to me. Perhaps egg and chicken, but he’s not the dynamic player he was prior to that injury as far as I can see and he doesn’t even try the stuff he once did in hand with that.

I hope it’s merely something fixable, be that mental or form, but I have my doubts. Running him into the ground was not a smart thing to do as it compounded what was going wrong with his body, imo.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This brain training talk could be phenomenal for him. I'm looking at a player who constantly runs into blind alleys, who was offside for 50 yards when running with Sancho for the Chelsea goal. But Rashford has always struck me as a player happy to work, listen and learn. Rangnick could be absolutely brilliant for him!
Yeah, it's quite obvious that Ole favouring him didn't help at all, I said last year that Rashford suffered a lot from Ole's coaching and playing him all the time. Rashford's approach to the game is totally changed, he is nothing like the player who first broke on the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.