Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Something is up. He's been utter shite for 18 months,
What's the purpose behind this hyperbole?. He was far from his usual good last season but he still was our 2nd top scorerwith 21 goals. If he's "utter shite" than wtf is Dan James, Martial, or that "generational talent' that went months without scoring a goal and was replaced by Dan James.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nope, they most definitely werent pretty decent.

Sadly, very few players are able to consistently produce assists and goals while performing like shit.
[/QUOTE]

A: Rashford had ~0.6 G+A/90 in the 1st half of the season which let's be fair is decent for a winger without pens.

B: Very few players are able to consistently produce goals and assists while performing like shit

Which means either Rashford is one of those outliers (which I personally dont think he is) or wasn't performing like shit

Look, I'm as tired as you are of his performances this sesaon, and the endless list of excuses that come our way whenever he has a poor game. But a bit of balance is required. He wasn't having the best 2021 earlier as well, but he was far from shit - and sure he had a few stinkers like EL final, Palace in the 0-0 draw from top of my head

dpansheth

Complete utter nonsense from the media.

Yes our standard of coaching has been poor over the last 3 years, but his sulking around the pitch, not bothering to challenge loose balls, and general apathetic body language has nothing to do with coaching.

Every player goes through a purple patch of form, but you'd at least expect them not to compromise on worth ethic on the pitch. The same can be said for several of our lazy players.
I’ll draw one more analogy;
Baker Mayfield, 1st over all draft pick;
He’s been thru 4 coaches in his first 4 years and he’s been injured for most of this season. His rookie deal expires next season. So question was should browns sign him to a bigger contract.

The PR and media always deflected blame away from him saying (ironically same excuses) : too many changes in coaching, incompetent coaches, OBJ is the problem (like some here blames Ronaldo) , he’s playing injured etc etc.

My argument against Baker and Rashford is same:
If you are THAT guy then your lowest floor perf will not be this bad. You are just run of the mill avg player.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I'm trying to stay on his side, this PR business is making it difficult though wow... How has the world not realised it is man utd fc not Rashford fc Christ1! When did he become this world beating megastar exactly? There were only ever glimpses of it and never consistently for more than about a month, two months at a time. In between many of the performances have been dreadful. It's like many are just realising now that the promise period is over, but it's pretty much always been like this. Can you imagine SAF putting up with this shit? I guess times moved on an everything, but feck he'd be out the door so quick it wouldn't be funny.

Moomalade74

I remember when the club gave him the number 10 shirt I thought that was ridiculously premature. He was never a 10 type player, and still isn't. And the contract on massive wages when he had done really very little at that point in his career. Typical impetuous behaviour by the board, like there was a big rush to create a new superstar out of thin air.
The PR campaign right now feels like it's backfiring badly, be interesting to see if his team changes tack when they survey the online chatter.

clarkydaz

still grasping how his PR have the neck to blame Ole for not coaching him, and let it be known he wants to play left wing, so he can cut inside and shoot :lol: . Kind of impressive where their heads are at

Greck

I believe the Ole thing. It's so obvious looking at his and Greenwood's play. Rashford never had the highest football IQ, if Greenwood is playing this way then he never had a chance. Remember Rashford broke into the first team dribbling with his head down. He was already behind on that front. Ole and Jose did nothing for him. I guess Ole raised his confidence but his tactical sophistication like Ole's is zero. Says a lot on our youth development that our best striker prospects can't even spot square passes.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
If he's gonna be spending his Man Utd career telling his team to put out PR articles giving us excuses on why he's performing badly and why his club is not challenging for league titles, I won't be disappointed to see him leave tbh.

I'm trying to stay positive about him hoping he can rediscover his form but PR fluff undermining his old and current manager just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I support Manchester United, not Rashford FC.

UncleBob

A: Rashford had ~0.6 G+A/90 in the 1st half of the season which let's be fair is decent for a winger without pens.

B: Very few players are able to consistently produce goals and assists while performing like shit

Which means either Rashford is one of those outliers (which I personally dont think he is) or wasn't performing like shit

Look, I'm as tired as you are of his performances this sesaon, and the endless list of excuses that come our way whenever he has a poor game. But a bit of balance is required. He wasn't having the best 2021 earlier as well, but he was far from shit - and sure he had a few stinkers like EL final, Palace in the 0-0 draw from top of my head
Rashfords performance thread from the start of 2021 is literally everyone explaining his performances being down to injuries. 1650 mins, 4 goals 6 goals.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I remember when the club gave him the number 10 shirt I thought that was ridiculously premature. He was never a 10 type player, and still isn't. And the contract on massive wages when he had done really very little at that point in his career. Typical impetuous behaviour by the board, like there was a big rush to create a new superstar out of thin air.
The PR campaign right now feels like it's backfiring badly, be interesting to see if his team changes tack when they survey the online chatter.
Yeah that Ruud was a shit no.10 as well!

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Paragraph on twitter and narrating his “troubles” to press.

His PR team is more in form than he is.

Greck

Yeah that Ruud was a shit no.10 as well!
Ole's cultural reset= convince everyone they are the 2nd coming of United legends and massive entitlement spike. I don't even feel bad Rashford is now throwing him under the bus. He created the monsters in the dressing room. Freaking Harry Maguire thinks he can call shots because he was made captain without even having to earn it. Sounding off about Ronaldo like he isn't also an overprotected underperformer. For a solid year his stinkers wee blamed on his partner not being good enough. Bloody idiotic club management.

flameinthesun

Now I'm not the biggest fan of Ole the manager but I would be wary of these pr posts from our players (of which it seems there's always something on Rashford and always an excuse...)

Having said that, I do think the likes of Rashford, martial and greenwood would have benefited from a manager that coaches players e.g. klopp, pep etc and provided them an attacking structure with patterns of play, positioning etc rather than the more freestyle football in the final third that Ole seemed to copy from Jose

RashyGiggsy

I am posting three links to comparisons of Rashford with other wingers from FBREF. I've compared him to Mane, Son and Greenwood. These comparisons are full of statistics - and to be honest - I don't understand all of them. These statistics are from all team matches (league and cup competitions) from this 2021-2022 season, so they include this year when critics are saying that Rashford has been shit. The stats do show that his form has been off. He has only played in 15 matches, starting 10.

While the statistics do show that he is underperforming, they also show that he is not playing as far below these other three wingers as some are imagining. Concerning his on-pitch body expressions, there is a lot of subjective interpretation. My reading is that he is down on himself and lacking confidence. Rangnick has brought in a sport psychologist; I hope that players like Rashford (and Fernandes who seems to have problems playing with Ronaldo) are willing to talk the new sports psychologist at the club.

Rashford vs Son

Rashford vs Greenwood

Rashford vs Mane

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Rashfords performance thread from the start of 2021 is literally everyone explaining his performances being down to injuries. 1650 mins, 4 goals 6 goals.
Yeah, we arent going to agree I think on this, so lets leave it at that. I think 0.55 G+A/90 is decent for a winger (not great, not poor) and you don't.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Sounds class to me. Direct and upfront with the manager to discuss what's expected of him. Not sure how the writer here knows that Rashford was told to "stop moaning" unless Solskjaer himself was the source, which is doubtful.
Probably to stop moaning on the pitch and to start putting in more effort regardless of what position he was asked to play. Body language etc.

Should have just shown some balls and dropped him.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sounds class to me. Direct and upfront with the manager to discuss what's expected of him. Not sure how the writer here knows that Rashford was told to "stop moaning" unless Solskjaer himself was the source, which is doubtful.
Sounds like someone close to the player is leaking stories to make his performances palatable at the cost of dicking on the previous manager.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I’ll draw one more analogy;
Baker Mayfield, 1st over all draft pick;
He’s been thru 4 coaches in his first 4 years and he’s been injured for most of this season. His rookie deal expires next season. So question was should browns sign him to a bigger contract.

The PR and media always deflected blame away from him saying (ironically same excuses) : too many changes in coaching, incompetent coaches, OBJ is the problem (like some here blames Ronaldo) , he’s playing injured etc etc.

My argument against Baker and Rashford is same:
If you are THAT guy then your lowest floor perf will not be this bad. You are just run of the mill avg player.
This post needs a like.

Shimo

They need to put a video of the lack of drive/anticipation with the spilled shot on repeat for him. Think it was maybe after that, around the 74th minute, something else happened and he was just walking with his head down. Then show him videos of him from a couple years ago, show him the workrate and effort he put in even when game was not going well. He could be having a horrible game but, because he kept his head up, kept working, often would come up with an assist or goal.

Needs to get the basics of hard work and right mental attitude on the pitch first, fix that and his form will pick up. Without it, might as well pack up and go home.

Djemba-Djemba

The PR briefings blaming Solskjaer don't sit well with me, pretty cowardly from Rashford.

I still think he can be a top player but he's been hopeless for a long time now. It's tough to believe this guff about triple training sessions and working too hard when you see him during games strolling around and sulking if he doesn't get the right pass.

stw2022

Can we get a summary of all the reasons that Rashford hasn’t been playing well that has had amazingly absolutely nothing to do with the player himself.

There’s been quite a few, hasn’t there?

united for life

I believe the Ole thing. It's so obvious looking at his and Greenwood's play. Rashford never had the highest football IQ, if Greenwood is playing this way then he never had a chance. Remember Rashford broke into the first team dribbling with his head down. He was already behind on that front. Ole and Jose did nothing for him. I guess Ole raised his confidence but his tactical sophistication like Ole's is zero. Says a lot on our youth development that our best striker prospects can't even spot square passes.
let’s blame Ole for climate change also

Satsuma United

Rashford is trashing Ole now, i had enough.

Hopefully Rangnick sees the same we do, this young man lost it, we need Footballers to turn this around.

-Supreme-

Can we get a summary of all the reasons that Rashford hasn’t been playing well that has had amazingly absolutely nothing to do with the player himself.

There’s been quite a few, hasn’t there?
- can’t play RW / striker
- injuries
- no decent FBs making overlapping runs
- exhausted
- poor coaching / managers
- off field activities
- personal life issues
- his team mates aren’t good enough
- still young and learning

I’ve most probably missed a couple

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
- injuries
- exhausted
- off field activities
- personal life issues

I only put down 4 a few pages earlier, much better list!

clarkydaz

- injuries
- exhausted
- off field activities
- personal life issues

depression

Devil’s Trident

- injuries
- exhausted
- off field activities
- personal life issues

depression
-Post surgery recovery
-Still carrying an injury
-Just out of form nothing more
-It’s only for 2 months this season he’s been bad
-Yeah he’s been bad but what about this this and this
-Too many games already played in his career
-He is carrying the weight of manutd on his shoulders i.e too much responsibility
- Ronaldo
- Martial separation :lol:

And lastly the most bizarre was When one poster said he saw Rashford adjusting his upper body before making a run and that imbalances him and that’s why he didn’t attempt the spill v villa. :lol::lol:

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Think his situation playing wise reminds me most of Ross Barkley. Looked like a world beater early on, physical attributes setting apart from peers. But like Ross I don’t think Marcus is the sharpest tool in the box and decision making always an issue. Difference between clubs atm is Chelsea just dgaf they have 5 or 6 quality players in that position, it’s just a non event. Partly because of rashfords national treasure status and machiavellian pr team of workaholic psychopaths, there is a globally coordinated enquiry when he doesn’t perform. With Chelsea they are just ah he can just feck off to villa then, no biggie.

Foxbatt

Think his situation playing wise reminds me most of Ross Barkley. Looked like a world beater early on, physical attributes setting apart from peers. But like Ross I don’t think Marcus is the sharpest tool in the box and decision making always an issue. Difference between clubs atm is Chelsea just dgaf they have 5 or 6 quality players in that position, it’s just a non event. Partly because of rashfords national treasure status and machiavellian pr team of workaholic psychopaths, there is a globally coordinated enquiry when he doesn’t perform. With Chelsea they are just ah he can just feck off to villa then, no biggie.
You don't fool around with Roman.

gajender

I am posting three links to comparisons of Rashford with other wingers from FBREF. I've compared him to Mane, Son and Greenwood. These comparisons are full of statistics - and to be honest - I don't understand all of them. These statistics are from all team matches (league and cup competitions) from this 2021-2022 season, so they include this year when critics are saying that Rashford has been shit. The stats do show that his form has been off. He has only played in 15 matches, starting 10.

While the statistics do show that he is underperforming, they also show that he is not playing as far below these other three wingers as some are imagining. Concerning his on-pitch body expressions, there is a lot of subjective interpretation. My reading is that he is down on himself and lacking confidence. Rangnick has brought in a sport psychologist; I hope that players like Rashford (and Fernandes who seems to have problems playing with Ronaldo) are willing to talk the new sports psychologist at the club.

Rashford vs Son

Rashford vs Greenwood

Rashford vs Mane
So you are comparing him with Mane who most Liverpool fans think isn't the player he used to be and seem to be on way down and Son who is also another streaky player and Greenwood who had his own struggles not the best way to make your argument mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.