4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siezard

Have to give Rashford a new contract. Now that he's off-form, his weekly wages will be lower. If you don't give him a contract now, later he won't sign and he goes away on a free transfer.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Have to give Rashford a new contract. Now that he's off-form, his weekly wages will be lower. If you don't give him a contract now, later he won't sign and he goes away on a free transfer.
He can go away and do one if that's the case. We don't need to reward underachieving players.

Telsim

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Laurencio

Fast becoming very unlikeable.

Leaking rumors and gossips to the press is a cardinal sin for me. If this is Fergie's team the boy would have been crucified on the stake
I must have missed something. Enlighten me?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Sounds class to me. Direct and upfront with the manager to discuss what's expected of him. Not sure how the writer here knows that Rashford was told to "stop moaning" unless Solskjaer himself was the source, which is doubtful.
Players talk to each other though. I bet within a day of that conversation happening half the squad would have been aware.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That makes no sense, does it?
I don't know if I worded it badly :lol:
But there's only one place Simon Stone is coming from here and that's Rashford's camp.

I don't really take it well that our players cant keep their head down and focus on being better going forward rather than taint the club/managerial images to improve their context in the past.

Ladron de redcafe

I don't know if I worded it badly :lol:
But there's only one place Simon Stone is coming from here and that's Rashford's camp.

I don't really take it well that our players cant keep their head down and focus on being better going forward rather than taint the club/managerial images to improve their context in the past.
I agree. And everyone (every single one of them) should focus on his play instead of giving our interviews or leaking things to the media.

I just didn't think Rashford himself would have leaked that because its worded to make him sound like a moaner. And if Rashford is the source, I'm not sure why Simon Stone would bite the hand that fed him.

Swiss_Red89

Couldn't it be that the media ist making stuff up at this stage and there are not many leaks involved from Rashfords side?

Manny

Grammar Police
still grasping how his PR have the neck to blame Ole for not coaching him, and let it be known he wants to play left wing, so he can cut inside and shoot :lol: . Kind of impressive where their heads are at
Exactly. It winds me up how much pushback there was to Ole and Jose playing him on the right rather than his preferred position of left wing, from both the media and fans. To the point where his head would drop any time he was out there when he could have embraced it.

His evolution could have seen him getting closer to the complete winger rather than this cut inside and shoot merchant.

Foxbatt

Exactly. It winds me up how much pushback there was to Ole and Jose playing him on the right rather than his preferred position of left wing, from both the media and fans. To the point where his head would drop any time he was out there when he could have embraced it.

His evolution could have seen him getting closer to the complete winger rather than this cut inside and shoot merchant.
This is a team game. Many player sacrificed their own game to improve the team. Rooney is a very good example. Rashford is not half the player Rooney was. He cannot play as a CF. He cannot head the ball either. So either play where the manager wants you to play or ask for a transfer.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
But Marcos Rashford isn't going around to other players telling them that he'd been told to "stop moaning", is he?
I just don’t know, maybe he did. I find it really difficult to second guess the kind of conversations footballers have. I bet there’s a lot more dull stuff, complaining etc. It plausible to me that he used a phrase that was paraphrased into “stop moaning”. Is your take that the conversation never happened?

izec

What a cry baby he is. He alone is responsible for the shit he produces on a weekly basis. We are not talking about fine margins here, looks like a pub player currently.

Foxbatt

When he makes an effort he is a very good player. When he doesn't he is terrible. Right now he is terrible. He was not bothered apart from his own brand. He doesn't understand that he has to perform on the pitch. Just deliver on the pitch and shut up his critics. He hasn't won much.
His PR is nauseating.

Frank White

So you are comparing him with Mane who most Liverpool fans think isn't the player he used to be and seem to be on way down and Son who is also another streaky player and Greenwood who had his own struggles not the best way to make your argument mate.
They're literally the players he gets compared to week in, week out? Not that it makes a difference considering we have eyes and he's been bad for too long now and what's worse it doesn't seem like he's getting any better any time soon. Would like to see him being used as the late sub in a few games because he does seem to gas out quickly nowadays.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
If I was rangnick I would call her up and tell her to tell rashford that he's only getting action in the bed if he has the highest running stats in every utd game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sounds like someone close to the player is leaking stories to make his performances palatable at the cost of dicking on the previous manager.
It was suck a dick move, Rashford PR team is working overtime, he should just shut up and try to make the difference on the pitch instead of feeding shit info to media.

There is no need to justify or give excuse for everything, football is the game were most players have ups and downs.

He thinks way too much about his image.

stw2022

He needs his ego pricked by a spell out of the team. Sulking when playing out of position and responding to legitimate criticism by leaking stories to the press about (just from this week) how he bravely overcome shyness to speak to a person or how he trains.. what was it…14 hours a day?

He behaves and plays like he thinks the world owes him a Pride of Britain award and to be honest I’m tired of it

captaincantona

Obviously they need to work harder but these other lads don’t just run more, they press in a system and then rest and then press and then rest at specific moments when the momentum is with the team etc. When that system is not in place...the enthusiasm for chasing the ball predictably and understandably wains. Watch the “running” from us in the first 4 or 5 minutes of games...how many times do we think the game will turn out different this time...and then how long does it take before Ronny or Bruno or Mason or Rashford even speed off into a corner after a full back only for them to realise the rest of the team haven’t followed the trigger and the full back plays out with ease. By ten minutes into a game our pressing attempts have fallen away and are replaced by waving hands at each other, giving out to each other and we subconsciously transition to the “sit back and cover the space” approach.

My point is it’s a system thing. All the players Carragher mentions play in an effective system where they work as a unit and are rewarded for their work rate. If the system is disjointed or as in our case non existent, it leads to our players trying to run and hassle individually but inevitably saying “what’s the fecking point in me making that pressing run if you’re not backing me up”.

King_Cantona07

They're literally the players he gets compared to week in, week out? Not that it makes a difference considering we have eyes and he's been bad for too long now and what's worse it doesn't seem like he's getting any better any time soon. Would like to see him being used as the late sub in a few games because he does seem to gas out quickly nowadays.
this is where rashford irritated fans, mane and son also has streaks and problems. But they don’t get pr firms to spin out excuses. You play wide forward or central striker there is no excuses for running to get a spilled ball. That’s not driven by tactics or formation when especially you are closest to the ball.

Bondi77

Quote from Ralf;

As long as he's trying to give his very best and he did that in training, - there were quite a few training sessions in the last couple of weeks where he trained on a really high level - and that's why I always gave him the chance to play again.

"As long as he does that he will always be on my list to play and be in the starting XI."

It makes sense if a player is doing the business in training then he should start and hopefully it is only a matter of time before he comes good.

GlasgowCeltic

Looking forward to his people briefing against Southgate if he's left out the next Ensnd squad... "he delayed surgery to support the team and this is the thanks he gets... and who the hell is Jarred Bowen?"

Dorris

Surely no one still falls for Rashfords PR? He really has become an incredibly dislikable player. Pathetic effort on the pitch followed immediately by a briefing to all the top journalists on why it’s someone else’s fault. He epitomises everything wrong with this United team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Who cares what this scouse cnut says?
He speaks more truth than most to be honest.

Hearing the OT faithful groaning at Rashford when he didn't even try to chase the spilt ball was a breathe of fresh air.

We are too kind to this team. Supporting them through thick and thin clearly doesn't work, it just makes them get complacent.

At this point the Barca fans would be waiting for them after the match and jumping on their cars, throwing things at the bus windows etc.

Now i'm not saying I condone violence, but our players clearly think they can just turn up, earn a shit tonne of money and then write a "we go again next week, thanks for the support x" on instagram/twitter and hope everything is fine.

We've let standards slip far too long. The Madrid fans would be having the white hankeys out in the stadium a long time ago with this lot.

Bondi77

Looking forward to his people briefing against Southgate if he's left out the next Ensnd squad... "he delayed surgery to support the team and this is the thanks he gets... and who the hell is Jarred Bowen?"
Bowen is a good player and playing well in the Premier League and is worthy of a call up.
That is what representative football is about isn’t it

Born2Lose

The way he's been treated by England is very telling, you'd think with his backstory and the good PR he'd built up until recently that they'd be bending over to fit him in the team any way they can. The only reason I can think they don't particularly want him around is that he must be toxic to the team.

mctrials23

By ten minutes into a game our pressing attempts have fallen away and are replaced by waving hands at each other, giving out to each other and we subconsciously transition to the “sit back and cover the space” approach.
Half the time though its Rashford or Greenwood that haven't bothered to do their part of the press. I agree completely that people don't understand how pointless a press is unless everyone does their job but its also the little moment to moment energy that Rashford and Greenwood (and Ronaldo) lack. You can say that they stop pressing because there is always a hole in the press but that doesn't excuse the rest of the time when they are sauntering about. Thats where I have issue. When its not a tactical problem, its an individual lack of desire and effort.

The press needs fixing but so does general effort and application.

He speaks more truth than most to be honest.
Thats not how people work. They can't seem to take their politics out of opinions these days. Carragher has consistently been the only one questioning the BS that some of the other pundits (Neville) are peddling. I don't agree with him all the time but he is correct on plenty of issues.

We are too kind to this team. Supporting them through thick and thin clearly doesn't work, it just makes them get complacent.
Some people think that to be a true fan you have got to just watch and clap as the club goes down the toilet. I could handle it if we didn't literally have every single thing needed to be one of if not the biggest clubs in the world still on the pitch. With an aggressive restructuring and the correct people we could be in the same position as Liverpool and City in 2-3 years. We won't be because the people we have at the club are fecking awful compared to our main rivals but I will not accept that we should just applaud and smile as we sink lower and lower.

Chairman Steve

This has been one of our major problems. We give players new contracts with huge pay boosts when they don‘t really deserve it. Mediocrity being rewarded seems to be a theme at Utd.

And good luck trying to get any working professional (let alone footballer) to take a paycut in their role if that is what you’re suggesting. They’d probably tell you to go feck yourself.

His form is worrying at the moment and if it’s not going to improve by the end of the season then I would seriously considering selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.