Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I have been massively critical but personally I think he’s playing a little better the last few matches. Not been quite as frustrating with his giveaways which is what I hate the most.

Ted1985

Give him a brake, he has been under serious mismanagement under Ole for a few years. Ralf and hopefully the new manager will surely get him back on track for the next season.

MUFC OK

Cant think of a first team player more wasteful on the ball. Gifts it away all the time, and his lack of workrate after doing so was borderline disgraceful on Saturday.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I don't want to stick the knife in but his career is on a similar path to Martial's at present. Both of them fell out of favour at 24 as fans became far more critical of their weaknesses. It's really on Marcus I think to turn this form around otherwise it could be curtains for his United career - with Sancho coming into the fold, Elanga/Amad emerging, and us likely signing another striker in the Summer.

UncleBob

I don't think either of those players would get criticism in that situation, you cant ask players to press and counter press and then moan at them when they stay high and when the ball by passes them into midifeld, and the moan when they don't sprint 30-40 yards back to close a player down who isn't posing a threat. There is plenty of players back to deal with that situation they just don't deal with it at all.
Rashford is poorly positioned to begin with. He's essentially preventing the pass to the same player that Ronaldo is occupying, while Perraud is completely free down the left side, which is Rashford's responsibility, their goalkeeper makes an easy pass that completely bypasses our high press.We're not talking about sprinting 30-40 yards to rectify the situation either..Sancho was as high up the pitch as Rashford but had no problems whatsoever getting back in position to help cover spaces.

Rashfords positioning and lack of workrate means that we're outnumbered down that side and Pogba has to move out of midfield to prevent Perraud from having a free run at Dalot, they take advantage of the gap in midfield and go central and then wide again where Dalot is forced to push out, leaving even more space in behind. It's hardly the sole feckup that results in a goal, as we should be more than capable of defending those scenarios, but it is extremely frustrating.

UncleBob

I don't want to stick the knife in but his career is on a similar path to Martial's at present. Both of them fell out of favour at 24 as fans became far more critical of their weaknesses. It's really on Marcus I think to turn this form around otherwise it could be curtains for his United career - with Sancho coming into the fold, Elanga/Amad emerging, and us likely signing another striker in the Summer.
Emerging seems like a bit of a stretch, especially for Amad.

Foxbatt

Give him a brake, he has been under serious mismanagement under Ole for a few years. Ralf and hopefully the new manager will surely get him back on track for the next season.
Why should we? He has been given every excuse under the sun. He is not arsed about even trying. If he tries hard and fails then that a different story. We conceded because he didn't even bother to try to stop his man.

El Jefe

One of his biggest issues that's not mentioned enough if that he's extremely weak on the ball. Its one of the reasons he's not a top forward. Its a big difference between him and Mane for example, Mane has the pace but also upper body strength to hold off challenges and be able to drive into the box. I've lost count of the number of times Rashford either gets barged out on the flank or held back by his marker because he can't get away from them.

Someone mentioned Eto'o and while Rashford is nowhere close to the talent of the former I see no reason why he couldn't be a similar type of player. Again it comes down to his weakness in holdup play and strength on the ball. He's a tall guy and fast he definitely should be able to play up top but the only aspect of his game he wants to develop is cutting in from the left and shooting.

In any case he's as overrated as they come in this country. He's been built up to a level he simply can't deliver to.

mctrials23

Still find it funny that some people say that player X can't press. They can, they just don't want to and are allowed to not bother by the manager. Rashford has as many legs as the rest of our team. He just doesn't feel like he has to track back. Someone like Klopp would tell him to work back or he can sit on the bench.

estel_manutd

Rashford is my least liked player of this squad. His work rate is pathetic. Also, I won't be surprised if all the leaks in the press are from his camp. I remember how his camp created a big ruckus when Ole said that he needed to focus on football.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If someone came in and offered 60 million for him would you take it ? Serious question
No, he is our poster boy and is a MBE now. He is only 24. People just forget that because of their frustration.

Marcus Rashford
Games: 250
Starts: 178
Sub appearances: 72

Goals: 83
Assists: 51

Penalties scored: 8

Minutes per goal: 199.6
Minutes per non-penalty goal: 220.9
Minutes per goal or assist: 123.6

Cristiano Ronaldo
Starts: 205
Sub appearances: 45

Goals: 99
Assists: 60

Penalties scored: 13

Minutes per goal: 190.3
Minutes per non-penalty goal: 219.1
Minutes per goal or assist: 118.5

Wayne Rooney
Starts: 222
Sub appearances: 28

Goals: 104
Assists: 58

Penalties scored: 1

Minutes per goal: 192.8
Minutes per non-penalty goal: 194.6
Minutes per goal or assist: 123.7

He isn't really far off from Rooney and Ronaldo after 250 matches for United. His best is yet to come and will be a key player for many more years.

So lets stop this non sense that he needs to go.

devilo

Rashford is still a very useful weapon to have if used in the right way. We've been far to slow in transition the last few games with players favouring sideways passes and ignoring the runs that Rashford and others are making.

PoTMS

No, he is our poster boy and is a MBE now. He is only 24. People just forget that because of their frustration.

Marcus Rashford

Cristiano Ronaldo

Wayne Rooney

He isn't really far off from Rooney and Ronaldo after 250 matches for United. His best is yet to come and will be a key player for many more years.

His best days are behind him. £60m with a sell on fee would be a good deal for us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I have been massively critical but personally I think he’s playing a little better the last few matches. Not been quite as frustrating with his giveaways which is what I hate the most.
He has always been a player who can get the job done that rather than have a 90 min perfect performance.

His last 4 matches has had 3 goal involvement - it might be why people want to see him come from the bench more; which would arguably happen more if Greenwood didn't be so stupid.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We should give him next year. But I don't think any player deserves us to cut them slack for prolonged mediocrity. At the biggest clubs you have to perform or drop to a smaller one. Sentiment is a very dangerous thing. And Rashfords level has bene poor for a long time. He should really be someone who needs to fight for his place at the club but I don't think that's the case- for plenty of our non performers.

Kaos

Marcus Rashford

Cristiano Ronaldo

Wayne Rooney

Rooney and Ronaldo were world beaters at his age now, and not only is he miles off from reaching 24 year old Ronaldo/Rooney levels, but he seems to be on a steep decline if the last 18 months are anything to go by.

I'd honestly pocket a healthy £40million for him instead of feeling compelled to give him a new contract that takes him to his late 20s, after which we'll struggle to offload him to the Palaces and Evertons.

I remember when PSG offered us £40million for Januzaj years ago, with the benefit of hindsight we're probably kicking ourselves that we didn't accept, but at the time it was unanimously rejected by the fanbase because he was considered our future posterboy.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Rooney and Ronaldo were world beaters at his age now, and not only is he miles off from reaching 24 year old Ronaldo/Rooney levels, but he seems to be on a steep decline if the last 18 months are anything to go by.

I'd honestly pocket a healthy £40million for him instead of feeling compelled to give him a new contract that takes him to his late 20s, after which we'll struggle to offload him to the Palaces and Evertons.

I remember when PSG offered us £40million for Januzaj years ago, with the benefit of hindsight we're probably kicking ourselves that we didn't accept, but at the time it was unanimously rejected by the fanbase because he was considered our future posterboy.
Name one player who has been doing quite good in the last 18 months? Forget good game, name one player who has showed some kind of improvement ?

We as a whole team has been declining for about 18 months now.

lex talionis

I'm in the keep Rashford camp. His funk has gone on much too long, but much of the responsibility for that lies with Ole, who played him too long through injuries. Club management knew he was suffering from injury but allowed him to play for England at the Euros anyway. The pk miss, then the recovery from surgery, then the squad collapse while Rashford was recovering from injury...that's a lot for Rashford to deal with. And there may be some impact from his off-pitch work as well.

We should keep the faith with Rashford but put less pressure on him by rotating him out, even if that means starting Mata more. Mata is a pale shadow of his former self, but he can still knit a few passes together. Rashford just doesn't seem to respond well right now to being played 90+ minutes every match.

JuriM

You can't judge any our players individually atm. Once new season starts and new manager have gone through the squad we can assess it better.

He hasn't evolved nor regressed since his injury. The team haven't really been showing much.

DeeDee7

He cops alot on here about the glitzy output, his possessions and final delivery.

But it's his work without the ball and his attitude to this that stinks. Using the Southampton game as an example. Almost every dangerous attacking raid Southampton made was down which ever side Rashford was on. The goal was one of those moments that left Dalot one v one, and the pressure was on our defence.
When he moved to the left, that's where Southampton's attack swung.

He literally walks or jogs back when we lose possession, on the rare occasions he does make an effort to track or win back the ball, it's at full steam and 99% of the time it's a needless foul and almost always a moment for redemption after a lost possession. His team work and footballing attitude reeks. He doesnt have to be great or even good without the ball. He just has to care and show a good disciplined attitude to his duties. He has never shown his willingness for teamwork, not since maybe his debut season despite having better form in the past.

There is honestly no room or future for him in what I see as the ideal United starting 11 side going forward unless there is a U-turn in attitude.

Obviously he's not the lone culprit but he is certainly one that has a direct impact on the way we defend.
Shaw, Lingard, Martial and Ronaldo are others that have a negative impact on a side trying to build some consistency.

Womp

idiot
He's been in terrible form, there's no denying that, but the whole squad as a collective has been shite. I really don't know what it is. Is there just a terrible feeling around the place at the moment, is it Ronaldo's incoming, I don't know. He's certainly not absolved on any blame, he needs to perform at a club like United at all times, but even our talismans like Bruno have been largely shite for quite some time now. It's a really odd situation at the moment.

Given what he's done in the past though, I think he'll get a year with the new manager who will assess the circumstances, I wouldn't be so rash to sell anyone at the moment (apart from the previously obvious candidates), given our squad size and our current predicament

ronaldinhoisagoat

I think the fame he has achieved due to his off-field work has gone to his head. If he doesn't average 1 in 2 goals per game next season then he should be put up for sale. Currently nowhere close to £100K/week as a wide forward. 15 goals in his last 52 games is absolutely trash for a United starter.

Foxbatt

Excuses, excuses and more excuses. His problem is not only the lack of end product but his lack of effort. If he tries hard for the team his lack of end product would be covered. At this moment in time I would rather have James than Rashford.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Marcus Rashford

Cristiano Ronaldo

Wayne Rooney

Major difference is Rooney and Ronaldo were on upwards trend while Rashford is not showing anything like that.

Greck

We still need squad players. If we can get someone like Nkuku then we can have him rotating with Rashford.
Yes I don't rate Rashford as a United starter but as a squad player or situational tool he's a proper weapon.

Anytime I've seen anyone backed to be a mainstay for years to come on here they've almost always ended up sold in a couple years. It's a bad omen when the conversation starts coming up You're right however that we don't need to sell everyone. Someone has to make up the numbers. I do think we're in trouble if he's a "key player". Zero chance of that on his current trajectory. Even now you can already see how hard Ralf stretches himself to make Rashford playable in a smart system. It's just that Ronaldo is the bigger liability. Unless he sees a massive jump I personally think he'll be in trouble if it's Ten Haag. In that system will look like Walcott in a Pep team.

Status
Not open for further replies.