Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How he's turned from one of my favs to me wanting him sold no question is remarkable. He is a disgrace and I trust ETH will pander to him.

Marwood

Guys you don't have to buy into every single tweet that apparently knows Rashford's inner thoughts.

gajender

How hes turned from one of my favs to me wanting him sold no question is remarkable. He is a disgrace and I trust ETH will pander to him.
Woudn't be surprised in the slightest if his Agent offered him around after his failed attempt to manipulate United into giving him new contract but couldn't find any takers so now he is ready to completely focus on United I just hope United refrain from doing anything stupid .

UncleBob

Just as much as I score by shifting the goalposts and you not replying to that

:lol:

you think Robben was just as good on the left as he was on the right. How he played for Chelsea was ultimately different to the RW version of him at Bayern!

Even if that was wrong I showed a whole list of players that are better on one side but not so much the other. Oh can't reply to that now?

You won talking down Rashford as shit early! Well done uncle Bob.

It's all you do, talk people down and you really start feeling like an uncle :lol:
You don’t really score by shifting the goalposts to suit a different argument, it just boils down to you not really having much of a point at all to begin with, which your comparison with Robben clearly highlights.

I doubt anyone is going to argue against the fact that plenty of players are better on one side while they aren’t really suited for the opposite side, doesn’t really change the issues with Rashford. He has mainly played in his favourite position, sadly he’s been shit and we’ve had to shuffle things around.

Not entirely sure why you bring up «winning», like the vast majority of supporters (i hope) i want nothing else than every United player performing well. Rashfords flaws have been easily visible for a very long time now, people just refused to listen. Same with Lukaku and Mkhi when they were at the club. It’s going to be the same with Bruno as well. I‘m honestly not sure what the problem is, but lack of intelligence comes to mind. Pogba is still in the top 10 of mosts assists this season, 4 behind 1st place, he’s had a brilliant season :p

Better talents have failed because of their mentality, and they will continue to do so, hardly much of a surprise given how much money they are making and how they are essentially set for life with a few simple investments. Motivation drops. Maybe Rashford will turn things around under Ten Hag, maybe he won’t, i think it’s more of a mentality issue where he needs to completely overhaul his mindset, but it’s hardly easy to do so. Look at Dele Alli, dream signing years ago.

Posh Red

Woudn't be surprised in the slightest if his Agent offered him around after his failed attempt to manipulate United into giving him new contract but couldn't find any takers so now he is ready to completely focus on United I just hope United refrain from doing anything stupid .
There would be plenty of interest in Rashford.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You don’t really score by shifting the goalposts to suit a different argument, it just boils down to you not really having much of a point at all to begin with, which your comparison with Robben clearly highlights.

I doubt anyone is going to argue against the fact that plenty of players are better on one side while they aren’t really suited for the opposite side, doesn’t really change the issues with Rashford. He has mainly played in his favourite position, sadly he’s been shit and we’ve had to shuffle things around.

Not entirely sure why you bring up «winning», like the vast majority of supporters (i hope) i want nothing else than every United player performing well. Rashfords flaws have been easily visible for a very long time now, people just refused to listen. Same with Lukaku and Mkhi when they were at the club. It’s going to be the same with Bruno as well. I‘m honestly not sure what the problem is, but lack of intelligence comes to mind. Pogba is still in the top 10 of mosts assists this season, 4 behind 1st place, he’s had a brilliant season :p

Better talents have failed because of their mentality, and they will continue to do so, hardly much of a surprise given how much money they are making and how they are essentially set for life with a few simple investments. Motivation drops. Maybe Rashford will turn things around under Ten Hag, maybe he won’t, i think it’s more of a mentality issue where he needs to completely overhaul his mindset, but it’s hardly easy to do so. Look at Dele Alli, dream signing years ago.
And how is it a different argument because I mention different players for the same exact argument?

I chose players that play well on one side of the pitch than the other.

Ronaldo is another. Played at RW then LW and now ST. Doesn't mean you play him on the RW.

Rashford's best position is the LW no matter how crap you find him.

Born2Lose

How he's turned from one of my favs to me wanting him sold no question is remarkable. He is a disgrace and I trust ETH will pander to him.
Any leaks from Whitwell now it's pretty obvious it's Rashford or Lingard behind it. Disgraceful.

SER19

He'd like to stay since no top club would put him near their squad.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
but that's not relevant at all is it? I could have made the same post were we wolves supporters and he played for us....
Yeah but if a top club did want Rashford then the likelihood would be that this was because he had a good season this year at United, not a bad one. If that was true then the chances are we wouldn't be in the Europa League and atleast back to being a CL team. We had one good attacker this season in Ronaldo and everyone else was shit.

Maybe a top team won't want him but teams will want him.

Djemba-Djemba

Why do people always bring this up. He did what any sensible person would do. I’d have made the same decision in a heartbeat and so would 99.9999% of the people who use it as a stick to beat him.

He had a poor season, he’s far from the only one, yet people want their pound of flesh from him (well, all of the unglamorous English players) more than others. He won’t be sold, he shouldn’t be sold, and to be quite Frank regardless of his football he’s earned a hell of more respect than he gets shown. Question his performances sure, but the level of vitriol that’s thrown at him for no reason is disgusting.
He's quite clearly been phoning it in this season. Strolling around the pitch, not bothering to track back, barely attempting to break into a sprint.

Bad performances are one thing, but he's clearly not been giving his full effort and there is zero excuse for that.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He'd like to stay since no top club would put him near their squad.
No top club would put any of our players near their squad right now.

Sancho was that good he managed same number of goals as Rashford got this year and only got 1 more assist.

Rashford can come again and probably will do under a good coach. Ole had him playing really well for 60-70% of his time as manager. If that can happen then a top class coach should be able to do it too

SER19

Yeah but if a top club did want Rashford then the likelihood would be that this was because he had a good season this year at United, not a bad one. If that was true then the chances are we wouldn't be in the Europa League and atleast back to being a CL team. We had one good attacker this season in Ronaldo and everyone else was shit.

Maybe a top team won't want him but teams will want him.
I think he's deluded and whoever is advising him about looking at his options and leaking that he's considering his future are a massive part of a massive problem. Hes somehow found himself on an abdurd contract at one of the biggest clubs in the world and has turned in 18 months of genuine league 2 level stuff - then his team project this notion that he's staying to see if we can match his ability. He's lost his way like no player i can remember and my gut feeling is that he's managed to surround himself with a toxic combination of sycophants and opportunists

Swiss_Red89

Sancho was that good he managed same number of goals as Rashford got this year and only got 1 more assist.

Rashford can come again and probably will do under a good coach. Ole had him playing really well for 60-70% of his time as manager. If that can happen then a top class coach should be able to do it too
I would give up for a moment. 95% in here have decided Rashford is absolutely useless, a disgrace and all whats wrong with the club.
You can spend your time wiser than arguing with these lads.

Time will tell who is correct. I for one still have hope that he can turn it around under ETH. He at least deserves this chance. But it will depend on Rashford himself more than anyone if he takes it. And I hope he is aware of that.

SER19

I see your point but if the level we can get him back to is the level he hit with solskjaer, we should sell and look elsewhere asap. He was very good at times of course but was nowhere near the level of the best in his position - even at his best. Standards need to go way up across the board

Djemba-Djemba

I see your point but if the level we can get him back to is the level he hit with solskjaer, we should sell and look elsewhere asap. He was very good at times of course but was nowhere near the level of the best in his position - even at his best. Standards need to go way up across the board
Plus I just think a player that is ok with downing tools, as Rashford clearly has this season , you can never really trust them again.

Let's say he puts in the effort again next season and he's good and he gets a huge new contract, what's to say the year after he doesn't fall out with ETH and get lazy again? Start leaking stories about being unhappy.

The minimum you expect from a player is effort and he's not done that this season.

AneRu

Plus I just think a player that is ok with downing tools, as Rashford clearly has this season , you can never really trust them again.

Let's say he puts in the effort again next season and he's good and he gets a huge new contract, what's to say the year after he doesn't fall out with ETH and get lazy again? Start leaking stories about being unhappy.

The minimum you expect from a player is effort and he's not done that this season.
True as we have seen this with countless players over the years, play well when its contract renewal time and revert to type after a few months or when the going gets tough. The media briefs, the laziness and apparent disinterest on the pitch are enough to lose trust in a player and cut him out but standards at United are no longer about football but more of a soap opera.

Rashford wouldn't survive this season along with his antics under Fergie in tge 90s, Beckham was sold for far less but the Glazers will grovel and beg him to do them the favour of fleecing them another big contract.

jem

Pogba hasn't had one good season the way Rashford has had for us.

Rashford has been out of form for 1 year, arguably 1.5 years post injury.

Whilst he is most likely finished at the club, I don't think his out of form is that long or that bad.

This season only 2 players were on form which was Ronaldo and De gea. Rashford's biggest problem was work rate and not form because his numbers are similar to others in the squad.
Pogba's 2018-19 season was as good as anything Rashford's produced for us.

jem

Well I can choose how I support a team and its players.

I haven't given up on Rashford because every single attacker this season is a shadow of their former self. People act like he is some odd one out.

People then see Rashford's lack of effort and get butt hurt by it. I have also seen one odd match where I did see Rashford work hard but none of the team/front line were doing it so it looked like he literally stopped whilst also playing his worst position. I never saw him work hard after that match.

If he is shit under Ten Hag whilst everyone else is good then fine go away.

Average managers and average performance of players.
So there was one match where Rashford worked hard and his fellow forwards didn't and because of that he decided to pack it in for the season? If true, that's as good a reason to get rid of him as any.

SER19

Unforgivable in my view. Should be sold before we're begging somebody to take him like Martial who we could have got about 50m for a couple of summers back

UncleBob

And how is it a different argument because I mention different players for the same exact argument?

I chose players that play well on one side of the pitch than the other.

Ronaldo is another. Played at RW then LW and now ST. Doesn't mean you play him on the RW.

Rashford's best position is the LW no matter how crap you find him.
You’ve chosen players that have proven themselves at the highest level of football, played in different positions and developed their game over time, and because they are better on one side on the pitch than another, you’ve compared it with Rashford’s situation, a player that has been shit in every position he’s played, including his favourite LW, for the past 1,5 season. Great, as long as LW is his best position :lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Millions of utd fans around the world should feed atleast one homeless person in there locality the day this knob is kicked out of the club. Not only would it be better for the club but also for millions of homeless people all around the world.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I bet not one club in the league offers him a contract, but knowing this lying knob he's pull some stunt and retire and then enter politics.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Too much hate and negativity in here for every nothing story. One of the things he certainly needs to do this summer is to feck off and con some other club to offer him a contract:

Up his PR levels. He has to work his arse off, even in many additional workouts, to get back to 100% PR level. It all starts from there. He needs to be willing and more so able to give his absolute all every minute he is behind a screen.

The thing is, if the non-utd fans see that he does that, they will be conned soon enough and he'll have a place at their club. If he continues with his lazy behaviour, then yes he absolutely deserves to be wearing lingards used apparel next season.

It's your decision Marcus.
there i've fixed it.

Lost bear

I’ve made this point many times here, as I’m sure have others. It’s not a question of form or whatever- it’s his attitude that has been appalling this season, and I think any trust he had from the fans, and I would hope the club, has vanished. If Eric wants to give him a chance then fair enough, it’s his call. Personally I will not trust the guy again. Unless, I suppose, he is honest and insightful enough to come up with an explanation for his attitude. That, though, would be close to a miracle.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If all the noise about Rashford is true then he comes across as someone who is just clinging on to the hype that surrounded him as a young footballer. If he has genuine self awareness and not this sense of entitlement because he was that young English academy poster boy then he'd realise that he isn't in any position to demand a starting place, and that he needs to be leaving every ounce of energy on the pitch each game.

For me, it's a worry that these players will ruin the dressing room atmosphere next season too while ETH figures them out

amolbhatia50k

Absolutely if he's been one of those players we should chuck him out and make a statement to all these pretenders.

amolbhatia50k

Hope we're rid of him.
Doubt it'll happen. He's too much important an "asset" right now. Maybe next summer unless we give him a nice fat contract after 3-4 months if decent displays.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Doubt it'll happen. He's too much important an "asset" right now. Maybe next summer unless we give him a nice fat contract after 3-4 months if decent displays.
He's only an asset if the board are idiots and still buy into his hardworking, academy boy who's a saint off the pitch bullshit.

He's cancer on the pitch with his total lack of effort and needs to be removed so it doesn't spread to the younger players that the club will tolerate this kind of attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.