Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The context and intent is that the club/Ole shat the bed for daring to suggest that Rashford should focus on his football better than his own PR team could ever do.

How, "He should prioritise his football." was turned into, "all i was saying was it must be nice for the boy to focus on going into training and not feeling his ankle, or his shoulder or his back." is completely beyond me. Once a manager basically has to apologise to one of his players for a more than fair initial comment then it's all over for him.
Ok, it’s completely beyond you so we’ll leave it there eh, so we stop derailing the thread.
Have a good evening.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Ok, it’s completely beyond you so we’ll leave it there eh, so we stop derailing the thread.
Have a good evening.
Nice get out of jail free card because you're trying to defend the indefensible. And thanks. Have a nice evening yourself.

Idxomer

Why can't he just put in the extra work without talking about it to every journalist associated with United?

Swiss_Red89

Got engaged today, according to Instagram. Congratulations to him and his girl.

I hope this will help him to overcome the slump he was in this season. Would love to see a Rashford firing on all cylinders next season and proving his critics wrong.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This is probably just my age showing, but it feels like everything is just about getting that picture for the cloud.
Yeah, 100%. That photo is spectacularly cringe. I would have died inside if my missus expected something similar to announce our engagement. Thoughts and prayers go out to Marcus. Quite possibly his lowest ebb this season.

Von Mistelroum

I was really hoping that we would move on players like Rashford this season. I don't imagine he will be able to focus on football and it's a shame because we will likely have to play him regularly given that we don't have much to spend and are losing so many players.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ducker came out with the same BS yesterday.

Not at all coincidentally, Stone and Ducker were also the journalists who came out with the straight PR releases about how mistreated he was by big bad Ole, how he was doing 12hr days at Carrington etc. earlier this year.

They were also the ones the year before, along with Henry Winter, who he gave hourly updates to on whichever knock was currently the most convenient to roll with after he got a bit of criticism.

One of the biggest snakes to ever play for us. Any proper club or manager would have ended this a long time ago.
:lol: I completely forgot about the 12 hour shifts

stevoc

This is probably just my age showing, but it feels like everything is just about getting that picture for the cloud.
It is but that's how most kids roll these days, everything is put on their social media.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Exactly what I thought, nothing about him is genuine, its all about how it plays on social media.
:lol: Such grade A Bullshit.

You only know the player through his social media account, which is somewhat handled by a lot of PR people. This is actually the case with tons of footballers, actually. They all have personalities of their own but why the feck should they have to put something "genuine" on instagram? That's not the fecking medium to do that. Instagram is built to be a bubble where people try and exaggerate.

Raw

You only know the player through his social media account, which is somewhat handled by a lot of PR people. This is actually the case with tons of footballers, actually. They all have personalities of their own but why the feck should they have to put something "genuine" on instagram? That's not the fecking medium to do that. Instagram is built to be a bubble where people try and exaggerate.
In fact I think a lot of these players have their own private Instagram that they share with friends and family anyway. These public ones are only there for PR and are rarely used by the players themselves.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Thats what Im saying, everything on social media is horseshit yet people try and convince us this is them.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thats what Im saying, everything on social media is horseshit yet people try and convince us this is them.
No one is convincing anything. Instagram has got to a stage where it's all fake. I only use instagram when I'm on holiday or to follow funny pages.
Anyone who thinks instagram is a good way to see the personal side of celebrities is naïve , that's never ever been the case.

Smores

It's bizarre. Intimate private moment then they probably spent ages getting the exact right setup for the photo.

As you say maybe it's an age thing but i'll never get it.

I’m loving my life

He needs to be made an example of and sold. That would send a message to anyone else thinking they can dick around on social media, leak that they expect game time and not give 100% on the pitch.

How can a player be rewarded for visibly not giving a flying feck for a whole season? It’s too late to say, oh I’ll start trying next season. He has already proven he can’t be trusted and that he will only give effort when he wants to.

Maguire also needs hooking for his attitude too.

Cabin Clown

Marcus is much more concerned about his image off the field than kicking a ball at this stage. What he's doing is admirable but let's be honest, it inflates his ego to no end and get him tonnes of exposure, media opportunities, financial and job security after football, and he can demand higher wages because of his MBE profile, which he's certainly gone and done. I'd be happy to be rid of him. Get a sense of him being entitled.

That photo is cringe too.

Everytime he's on the field I want him to score an own goal.
Nah...I'd be ecstatic if he rolled out a 40/40 season next year and got the Baloon Door because it would mean we've done well as a club. I'd have Boris up front if he scored 30 a season.

Can't put a player over the club, in a positive or negative sense.

Oldyella

In fact I think a lot of these players have their own private Instagram that they share with friends and family anyway. These public ones are only there for PR and are rarely used by the players themselves.
We learnt this from the trial of the century.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
No one is convincing anything. Instagram has got to a stage where it's all fake. I only use instagram when I'm on holiday or to follow funny pages.
Anyone who thinks instagram is a good way to see the personal side of celebrities is naïve , that's never ever been the case.
We dont expect honesty. But i do expect at least no lip service bullshit of 12 hours training session

sillwuka

So everyone seems to have completely written him off. He's now championship level etc..

I for one will be backing him next season. He'll regain form under ETH and play many games I feel.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The Dailly Fail crowd is on Rashford's back again, for getting married?

My Lord, have a word with yourself.

TOKUGAWA-X

Here we go again with the "Marcus wants to prove himself, he wants to work with the new manager"

The Board doesnt see he just wants to sign a new contract ? wich no other club would give him.

Status
Not open for further replies.