Marcus Rashford MBE MBE | wins again

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

So well deserved, to say he’s a credit to this club is a massive understatement.

United Hobbit

Absolutely fantastic news, I said in the thread about him during Covid that he was deserving of an honour so great he's been recognised his mum must be so proud!
And he isnt stopping looks like he's using this to drive his campaign further

Perhaps a banner for him at OT? I know his career with us yet hasn't achieved on the pitch what those who have banners have, however he's Perhaps earned one in a different way? You hear so many complaints about footballers its great to see what one of our academy products has achieved off it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's absolute class. Though the monarchy and its honours should be an ancient thing of the past..

Rolaholic

So happy he's one of our own

He's growing into quite the man and I couldn't be prouder as a United fan. Can only imagine how his family must feel

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Well deserved, what a fantastic person to have at this club.

skilzzz

Very well deserved.

In essence, the queen is honouring someone for doing something that HER own government didn't want to do? Hmmm

Statue of Limitations

Absolutely love this man!
What a way to use your celebrity status to make a huge difference.

Take a bow Rashers, well deserved!

TheLord

Great off-field achievement. Well done.
I hope this rubs off to his on-field performances too.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Pleased for him, not least because of this:

"Trolled" in this case meaning "abused". A lot of which no doubt comes from being outspoken on this issue.

markhughes

Well done Marcus, in this divisive time he has demonstrated exactly how to effect real change and make a difference in people’s lives. Just shows you what compassion and a level head can achieve with the right platform.

What a world we would live in if more people in a position of power were like Marcus. This is a real leader and a player to be proud of.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
What a star.

Fair play, outstanding thing to have achieved..

But right now, speaking directly to Marcus Rashford, any chance you could score a few goals pal?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Pleased for him, not least because of this:

"Trolled" in this case meaning "abused". A lot of which no doubt comes from being outspoken on this issue.
Although I’d also say he is also probably one of the most desirable bachelors in the country too right now. What a cool man.

Racists aside, I would think every parent would love him as a son in law.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The honours system is rooted in empire, colonialism and racism and it should be scrapped. Rashford should reject it, not state how proud he is to become a Member of the British Empire.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Rashford was doing what a politican SHOUL,D be doing and should be able to do and said stuff anyone with a brain would say but with empathy......we live in a strange place. Where people are not that bright. Some people do charity work forever...and never get recognition. During covid...all them drs...nurses...they got a clap and not a pay rise that they deserve. Amazing really. But if they told people to go out side and clap for Marcus..i've no doubt many would. That's not to knock Rashford but he's a young footballer who has a long way to go in the game. The people behind this do this for PR and to be relevant.

MuFc_1992

Rashford was doing what a politican SHOUL,D be doing and should be able to do and said stuff anyone with a brain would say but with empathy......we live in a strange place. Where people are not that bright. Some people do charity work forever...and never get recognition. During covid...all them drs...nurses...they got a clap and not a pay rise that they deserve. Amazing really. But if they told people to go out side and clap for Marcus..i've no doubt many would. That's not to knock Rashford but he's a young footballer who has a long way to go in the game. The people behind this do this for PR and to be relevant.
Even if that's true, I'd rather they get good PR instead of getting abuse for doing charity for the sake of PR. I think abusing players for doing PR stuff will only discourage other players from doing nice things for Charity.

dal

Nice recognition however aligning oneself with the British Empire does carry a certain juxtaposition in these yearly awards.

RashyForPM

Well deserved. All criticism towards him is out of order when it comes to off the pitch stuff. Well done Rashy, always my favourite player and a credit to this club. Already a legend for services to England, now become a Man United and footballing legend too!

Snuffkin

He's some man. Actually I've gotten more joy from Rashford than football this last 6 months. Football really has been ruined by VAR and the empty stadia. Klopp can have his Mickey mouse trophies we've got the real treasure.

dalriada

Could you really ask for a better example of a professional sportsman being a role model for us all? For people who don't realise how many obstacles to success there are for young people growing up in Wythenshawe, Marcus Rashford and his family deserve so much admiration for what he's doing.

At the footballing level, I'm confident we'll see a great player in Marcus.

Congratulations on well-deserved recognition. Proud to have him as a fellow Mancunian.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Every exerpt I read from him and about his mum fills the with pride that we have him at our football club. To dedicate his success to his mum and the struggles she went through to help him is so heartwarming. What a truly inspiring pair of people.