Marcus Rashford vs Tammy Abraham

DevilRed

Tammy is in great form for them. Good to see an english lad make it at chelski.

Still think Rashford is better technically, but Tammy is a presence around the box.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Abraham is benefiting from a more cohesive unit at the moment. Not easy to play as a striker in this team
Rashford has only played as a striker in two games anyway. This place is utterly baffling.

People literally just invent fiction to slag their own players off...while we are in the process of winning a game against a very good side, with the player being targetted scoring the winning goal.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Rashford has only played as a striker in two games anyway. This place is utterly baffling.

People literally just invent fiction to slag their own players off...while we are in the process of winning a game against a very good side, with the player being targetted scoring the winning goal.
Exactly. Fiction backed by zero context just to criticize is crazy. Specially when there are so many valid things to point out, one doesn't need to resort to that

Sterling Archer

Tammy is in great form for them. Good to see an english lad make it at chelski.

Still think Rashford is better technically, but Tammy is a presence around the box.
Doesn't make a damn difference if all you do is keep your head down and try and go past three four players, not imposing himself physically (I've seen smaller strikers do it better), and lacking completely in positioning

DevilRed

Doesn't make a damn difference if all you do is keep your head down and try and go past three four players, not imposing himself physically (I've seen smaller strikers do it better), and lacking completely in positioning
I agree he has a lot of improving to do, but he is still young.

The service hasn't exactly been great all these years either. It still isn't. Nobody can seem to put a through ball or cross into the box. Only Pogba is capable in our entire team.

Tony247

There were times when chelsea supporters thought Solanki was a next star striker. Tammy A was lurking from behind but scoring for fun for academy U teams. I watched both from their academy days and always rated Tammy much higher. May be I have prejudice for poachers. Tammy has only one goal outside of 18 yard box out of his odd 67-68 goals so far in his career. That is in and out poacher.

Rashford is not a striker, not a winger. He himself doesn't know what his position is. He just... plays... that's it. No specialization. So when Rashford is in the game obvisouly his team mates will not link with him as nobody including himself knows what style of game he has.

I see poacher in Greenwood on the other hand. Only if Ole gives him enough chance and turn him into a good poacher then lots of our problems will get solved. Only if...

AshRK

Abraham is a proper number 9 but rashford has more skills in his locker.

Sterling Archer

I agree he has a lot of improving to do, but he is still young.

The service hasn't exactly been great all these years either. It still isn't. Nobody can seem to put a through ball or cross into the box. Only Pogba is capable in our entire team.
I actually take issue with our coaching on this. Just thinking back to the LVG debut, where he was scoring goals that were much more than lumped balls to him. Having Jose and now Ole with their counter style isn't going to help his development.

Tony247

This is based on 5 games?
For me this is based on last few years right from waching both playing for their academy and turning into first team players.

Tammy A has gone miles ahead from Rashford in terms of developing into a specialized player.

lysglimt

Scout
If Rashford keeps up with the nonsense he serves at United, Tammy will become better than him. It's shameful enough Rashford who was once compared to Mbappe is now at Tammy's level. Shame.
You make it sound like 7 goals in 5 matches in the P.L is a level it's disgraceful to be at ?

AshRK

May be he just forgets them in his locker then ;)
Rashford is a frustrating player but if we think realistically we expect a lot from him for his age. At his age he should be playing for a top striker so that he can play without pressure but here he is expected to score goals in every game. I also don't think he is a proper number 9 (atleast yet) and that is why I said Abraham is a better number 9 than Rashford.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I swear half of Abraham’s goals have been from loose balls that fall to him in the area.

Tony247

I swear half of Abraham’s goals have been from loose balls that fall to him in the area.
That's poacher for you. RVN was so terrorizing, any loose ball in 18 yard anywhere near him had very high probability resting back in the net. And that also has to do with the striker reading the game and taking right position to reach the "loose ball".

Tony247

Rashford is a frustrating player but if we think realistically we expect a lot from him for his age. At his age he should be playing for a top striker so that he can play without pressure but here he is expected to score goals in every game. I also don't think he is a proper number 9 (atleast yet) and that is why I said Abraham is a better number 9 than Rashford.
I truly doubt people are expecting Rashford to score every game. That's messi/ronaldo level superstar expectation. What people expect is, he should be effective, should pose a threat to opposition defense, show technical abilities like ball control, holding the ball, take correct position, read the game and involve in final third. Most of that is lacking as he turns 22 in couple of months. From now on what I see is he still has 2-3 years of learning curve left in his development. So playing him as vital striker position this year or next will be detrimental for the team's prospect as he is not going to score 20-25 goals a season.

Snafu17

As far as I can tell they're completely different forwards.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Rashford isn't a number 9. Neither is he good enough for Barcelona like I was told on here in the Summer.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'm also not sure 3 games is a fair basis to judge whether a player is better than another. Particularly when two of those games for Abraham were against promoted sides who we've already seen defend in a way that means you don't really need to be that good to score against them.

Maybe every time a striker hits a bit of form this season there will be a thread on here about how they are now better than Rashford. I mean if this is how we're judging things now, why isn't there a thread asking whether that Norwich City player who keeps scoring is better than Aguero?

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
For me this is based on last few years right from waching both playing for their academy and turning into first team players.

Tammy A has gone miles ahead from Rashford in terms of developing into a specialized player.
He has always been pure nr 9. The problem with Rashford isnt talent, but he wants to be too many things on the pitch. If he focused on playing as pure nr 9 and focused on the penalty area. He would be very efficent player with his pace and power. It may sound silly now but if he is not careful not only Abraham but Nketiah who is another pure 9 may pass him as a pure striker. But on paper he has everything to become better pure striker

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Or the rashford mbappe one ?
Embarassing thread if that's your point. But I raise the Rashford v Iheanacho thread because it was the original thread that these other comparisons have been stemming from.

i.e. Rashford v Jesus, Rashford v Mbappe, Rashford v Lukaku, Rashford v Martial etc. and more recently Sancho and Abraham.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The most goals Rashford has scored in a EPL season was 10 and Abraham is going to pass the already. Glorified Welbeck. I will admit Abraham has surpassed me though.
They're totally different players.
Abraham will out score Rashford, but Rashford brings different qualities.
It's a pointless comparison really.
To call him a glorified Welbeck shows you should stick to the Portuguese league pal.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
They're totally different players.
Abraham will out score Rashford, but Rashford brings different qualities.
It's a pointless comparison really.
To call him a glorified Welbeck shows you should stick to the Portuguese league pal.
I follow both EPL and Portuguese league and he is a overhyped player. 2 weeks ago people said the same now he scored a penalty now its different?

Rashford level is Everton I have said this before.

Tony247

I didn't see this thread as comparison between Tammy A as no. 9 vs Rashford as no. 9. As I see this comparison as how far both have developed from their academy days to first team players. For to me development of Tammy as a specialized player is far better than that of Rashford. Whatever Rashford plays but he needs to be developed into one or other specialized position. Otherwise such a waste of talent.

Dec9003

I follow both EPL and Portuguese league and he is a overhyped player. 2 weeks ago people said the same now he scored a penalty now its different?

Rashford level is Everton I have said this before.
You've been wrong before then as well.
Rashford is as inconsistent as they come, but he's obviously talented.
Like I say, stick to the Portuguese league, your assessment of Rashford is a little silly.

Walters_19_MuFc

Tammy seems to be more of a box player, but Chelsea seem to be a team that create a lot of chances. United, on the other hand, create next to nothing.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Tammy seems to be more of a box player, but Chelsea seem to be a team that create a lot of chances. United, on the other hand, create next to nothing.
It helps to have a pure striker to create for. It becomes harder when the striker drops deep and want to be a playmaker.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
You've been wrong before then as well.
Rashford is as inconsistent as they come, but he's obviously talented.
Like I say, stick to the Portuguese league, your assessment of Rashford is a little silly.
I have been wrong no doubt and If I am Wrong down the road I will admit it but what has Rashford done to show otherwise?

He passes when he should shoot and vice vera his overall decision making is poor his finishing and positional awareness ok and based on what he has shown he could end up being a Welbeck more then a "Mbappé" as he was once compared to (god knows why). I Don't see Man Untied starting quality in Rashford.

Also "stick to Portuguese football"

Mate I grew up watching EPL and I am a football fan first and foremost. My Knowledge of football goes beyond just Portugal. I love the Sport.

Dec9003

I have been wrong no doubt and If I am Wrong down the road I will admit it but what has Rashford done to show otherwise?

He passes when he should shoot and vice vera his overall decision making is poor his finishing and positional awareness ok and based on what he has shown he could end up being a Welbeck more then a "Mbappé" as he was once compared to (god knows why). I Dont see Man Untied starting quality in Rashford.
You obviously don't watch him.
Even if Rashford doesn't fulfill his obvious potential, he'll be a totally different player to Welbeck.
He's a wide player, Welbeck is a striker, a decent one as well actually.
Like I say, Rashford and Abraham are different as players, it would be interesting to see how they play together.
You're wrong about Rashford, and your comparisons to strikers show you don't understand him as a player.
Rashford has plenty of poor matches, he was abysmal against Southampton, but he's also had plenty of excellent matches over the years.