Marcus Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.

68-99-08

Anyone know anything about this kid on our books?

Think he's born 1997, seen on Ravel Morrison's agent's twitter calling him the 'most technically gifted player in Man Utd's academy'.

A new hope perhaps?

PS18

Most of Ravel's drama was of his own making, not sure we can tar the agent with that brush.

Rashford's 14, was part of the Marveld squad recently and (more notably) the U17 squad that played the AEGON Cup in April, so certainly seems one to watch out for.

forevrared

Quite a few of our youth team players have the same agent, don't they? Seem to remember Rudge and maybe Rothwell being his clients along with a couple more.

jb8521

Rashford will play for England tomorrow in the Victory Shield on Sky Sports 2 at 7.45

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
He's not in the starting eleven posted by Moo on twitter. Demetri Mitchell the only United player out of the four starting. Would not be surprised if it was just the incompetent England coaches opting for physicality over technique as per usual.

cj_sparky

He's not in the starting eleven posted by Moo on twitter. Demetri Mitchell the only United player out of the four starting. Would not be surprised if it was just the incompetent England coaches opting for physicality over technique as per usual.
I seem to recall our lad Rothwell being the only player selected in two squads, that played 7 days apart. They like to change it up at the younger levels with England and give everyone a go.

AKDevil

Had a couple of mates there. Raving about Rashford. Said he was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch even on his little cameo.
Interesting.

Drainy

He was on for a good 25 mins or so. Did well. Played some great football in the build up to one of the goals, looked very tidy overall. Think a Larnell Cole/Jesse Lingard type player (from what I saw- which was obviously limited), good at receiving the ball in tight spots and finding a pass- handled it very well given he was one of the youngest/smallest lads on the pitch.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Had a couple of mates there. Raving about Rashford. Said he was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch even on his little cameo.
Interesting.
That's a bit over the top to be honest. He had 2 very good moments when he displayed good close control, vision and weight of pass. Looked quick as well. I'm sure all 3 of the England lads will give us plenty to feel excited about over the next years. Didn't watch the first 50 minutes so I got no impression of the Northern Irish lad Thompson.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I'm not going to watch people born in 1997 on a football pitch.

For feck's sake, where did it all go wrong? Why am I not a professional footballer?

Collina

Is he from Manchester? (and if anyone know, I'd like to know the same about Mitchell!)

68-99-08

He was on for a good 25 mins or so. Did well. Played some great football in the build up to one of the goals, looked very tidy overall. Think a Larnell Cole/Jesse Lingard type player (from what I saw- which was obviously limited), good at receiving the ball in tight spots and finding a pass- handled it very well given he was one of the youngest/smallest lads on the pitch.
Makes me feel confident about the future knowing we seem to be producing a lot of these players right now. Let's hope we can produce a "Ravel Morrison with a better atittude" sometime soon!

Stojan Stamenic

What about this boy's progress? Anyone seen him lately?

Played as a lone striker in Youth Cup against Leicester, but I don't think that's his natural position. Just turned 16...

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
As of yet he's not even close to having the physical prerequisites to play up front on his own but he showed the proverbial glimpses of quality against Leicester. Give him time and we might just have a player here.

jb8521

He and Tosin Kehinde have apparently been the stand outs in the under 16s side this season

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
What's the deal with Kehinde? Did we bring him over from Nigeria, did his family move to England for non-footballing reason or is he English with Nigerian roots?

mu4c_20le

Marcus Rashford caught in the middle as Manchester City look to prise Manchester United starlet away from Old Trafford

By SIMON JONES

PUBLISHED: 09:11 EST, 8 May 2014 | UPDATED: 10:57 EST, 8 May 2014

• City are trying to sign United youngster Rashford, while Chelsea and Arsenal are also interested in the 16-year-old

Manchester City are chasing Marcus Rashford, the 16-year-old rising star at neighbours Manchester United.

The attacking midfielder is one of the most highly sought after talents for his age group but United have yet to wrap up terms on a new contract.

City are particularly keen while Chelsea and Arsenal also have an interest.

United are reluctant to pay out big-money contracts and constantly risk losing some players due to greater financial incentives being offered at other clubs.

Although many would argue United's principled stance is to be admired, the harsh reality is many of the youngsters or their representatives will be swayed by the better contracts.

Rashford is a Man United fan and is still committed to the club, but that won't stop rivals from making legitimate offers.

There is a growing feeling within United that they will have to bend their past policy if they are to continue to compete.

While James Wilson is one shining light on the horizon, they are not blessed with an abundance of prospects and it is a facet of the club David Moyes wanted to address and one Louis van Gaal will do also.

The flip side is that the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal have problems when some of their young players sense they will not make any progress and want to leave.

Chelsea have an issue arising with highly-rated defender Andreas Christensen. The Denmark U21 centre half wants to play more games and other clubs, such as City, will offer the promise of a quicker route to the first team.

Kag

Moyes rhetoric still going strong, I see. Our youth system seems to be performing incredibly well. Lack of prospects? Hm.

khoazany

Stupid rumour.He already signed the scholarship for next season and of course we can't offer something like 10k a year for a player not even yet to play in the U21s.

Expect him to sign a professional contract at 17 like Wilson to shut up these lazy journalists.

Last edited:

Bader

Rashford is a Man United fan and is still committed to the club, but that won't stop rivals from making legitimate offers.
That says it all really. This article was probably involved his agent to want more from Man utd for his player. Yeah, he is a united fan, but would want to go to Man city, even if Man utd offered him a contract.

Great logic that.

Status
Not open for further replies.