Marcus Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb8521

Stupid rumour.He already signed the scholarship for next season and of course we can't offer something like 10k a year for a player not even yet to play in the U21s.

Expect him to sign a professional contract at 17 like Wilson to shut up these lazy journalists.
Technically players cant actually sign until the 1st of July which is presumably why theyre coming out with this story but yeah youre right

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If he has signed a scholarship then how the hell is this even a news?

khoazany

If he has signed a scholarship then how the hell is this even a news?
As jb just said above they can't officially sign until 1 July there's nothing we can do about that but all the new scholarships had been verbally agreed (except for new signings obviously).

Sid234

Chelsea have an issue arising with highly-rated defender Andreas Christensen. The Denmark U21 centre half wants to play more games and other clubs, such as City, will offer the promise of a quicker route to the first team.
What a joke and a prime example of lazy journalism.. Any youngster leaving a top club and heading to city expecting to get more first team football are either clearly doing so for the money or have no common sense!

khoazany

McGuinness seems to be a manager with great attention to details.

Oh and his professional contract already activated when he turned 17 for anyone who missed the news.So no City sniffing around anymore.Hopefully he continue his improvement curve since we'll have to rely on him for goals in FA Youth Cup with both Mitchell and Croskery out.

khoazany

He needs to play from the left or right. Not really a striker.
His finishing is normally not that off.Bad day at the office IMO.I think he's better on the middle than on the wing.

Playing as striker clearly grown his overall game so no complain from me.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
I actually think he's more suited to the number 10 role.

Saw him play there for England the other week (against Poland I think) and he looked comfortably the biggest talent on the pitch.

He has that brave creative vision that makes him a standout talent (as well as his running style where he seems to glide when in possession, always a good sign) and I think his qualities are best suited to playing centrally with good movement ahead of him.

khoazany

Scored 2 again yesterday.Good to have him in a goalscoring streak with Mitchell/Croskery out.

khoazany

Thanks, is he close to a promotion to the u21, playing out of position but doing so well is remarkable.
I think he'll be with the U21s next season when still eligible and play odd games for the U18s though I thought the same about Daehli and it wasn't happened.He signed a pro deal at 17 which shown he's highly rated at the club (our last British youngsters to do so is Wilson).He has a lot to improve to be a consistent goalscorer upfront but Januzaj didn't really score when he played there for our U21s so it's all about development at the end of the day.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
I think he'll be with the U21s next season when still eligible and play odd games for the U18s though I thought the same about Daehli and it wasn't happened.He signed a pro deal at 17 which shown he's highly rated at the club (our last British youngsters to do so is Wilson).He has a lot to improve to be a consistent goalscorer upfront but Januzaj didn't really score when he played there for our U21s so it's all about development at the end of the day.
Thanks, who do you rate higher? Rashford or Mitchell? Biggest two attacking talents in the youth I think.

khoazany

Thanks, who do you rate higher? Rashford or Mitchell? Biggest two attacking talents in the youth I think.
I think Mitchell has more unpredictability in his game but it's a close call.Rashford might even turn out to be a good striker now he has the physical side in his game after the grown spurt.I rate Gribbin higher than both but he's more of a midfielder.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Not overly convinced yet. I think we're had some great talents over the last 5+ years and I think Marcus isn't there yet. Nice finish yesterday vs City but thinking back to some of the forwards we had, I think he's still feeling his way. He might be more suited out wide as he seems best with space in front of him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
In fairness to him, my understanding is that he's generally been more of a right winger up to now but is playing up front for a combination of his own development and because we're short of u18 striking options. Remains to be seen whether he'll stay there or move back to the wing but it seems to me to be sharpening up his finishing at least which can't hurt wherever he plays.

khoazany

Scored another 2 yesterday though the second goal is a simple tap-in.Not a really convincing season from him but good to see him finally reached double figure.

khoazany

Always give me a smile whenever I saw Rashford bullying U18s defenders these days.He was an extremely small lad just a year ago.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I've only seen the first 45 and his pace and movement caused them all sorts of problems, but Arthur Albiston is right about the fact that he messed up his decision-making for his 2 one-on-ones; the opportunity to round the keeper wasn't really there first time around, while the second one screamed out for it. I rate him but I get the feeling he might not be completely comfy with the scoring responsibility placed on his shoulders since Mitchell's injury.

khoazany

I've only seen the first 45 and his pace and movement caused them all sorts of problems, but Arthur Albiston is right about the fact that he messed up his decision-making for his 2 one-on-ones; the opportunity to round the keeper wasn't really there first time around, while the second one screamed out for it. I rate him but I get the feeling he might not be completely comfy with the scoring responsibility placed on his shoulders since Mitchell's injury.
His decision making really let him down for many occasions this season.Should have scored 15+ for now if not for those mess up.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
You have to remember he is not a striker. That's never been his position but has been played there because of poor quality and injury elsewhere. Whether he can learn things like composure and decision making remain to be seen. He is still very young.

Brightonian

Yep, agree with that. Although I think in the long term it will prove to be good for him. In my experience when the lightweight, flair, ahead-of-their-age dribbler types are allowed to just do that throughout the course of their development, they rarely make much of themselves. It's a role which you can perform in youth teams with a uniformity that simply doesn't exist at senior level. Even an unsuccessful stint in a different position/role will batter a bit of all-important roundness into a youngster's game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.