Marcus Rojo - Finally found a taker?

rizx

The only part about that transfer, that I don't like is making the Merseyside Derby even easier for Liverpool :/

MUFC OK

Prefer him to Jones, will probably get shot down for that view. Phil Jones may well retire here, he's championship quality.

Djemba-Djemba

Jones has already done 8, and this season will be his 9th :eek:

No wonder how much we have fallen when we have players like Rojo, Darmian, Young, Jones for many many years. Heck, even Fellaini stayed here for almost 6 years. And this trend didn't start only after Fergie. Anderson stayed almost 8 years here.
Yeah. Too accepting of medicore and shit players just stealing a living here.

90s Fergie would have bombed Anderson out the club after about 2 years at most, even he went too soft towards the end.

beingshe7don

This would be mean that we've recouped almost 95m from Lukaku and Rojo transfers and spent 147m in total bringing out net spent to 52m.... With all that money left, we should have added two more signings.

ninjaskill

With var this season he’d be virtually guaranteed a couple of red cards. Him never having been sent off in the PL for united is one of the most surprising stats there is. So really hope we can shift him to Everton

manunited1919

TBH he was excellent when played alongside Jones or Bailly by LvG. Bailly unfortunately is injured, but Jones is available.

Hopefully nobody from Everton is reading the Caf and will swoop in to steal a top class centre back pairing from us.
:lol: :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Nope. I am saying that if they'll get money, we will know it, cause it will be on the sheets. Same as people bitches last year that the money is going to the Glazers, but in the end, the dividend didn't increase at all.

People at times forget that running a football club actually requires a lot of money, and there are many more expenses than just transfer fees.
I’m joking

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah. Too accepting of medicore and shit players just stealing a living here.

90s Fergie would have bombed Anderson out the club after about 2 years at most, even he went too soft towards the end.
On the other hand, I think that we gave up on Rafael, Kagawa, and Hernandez too early. Not cause they were great or have set the world on fire after that, but the replacements we got for them were actually worse (Darmian, to some degree Mata and Lingard, and Falcao).

jesperjaap

I dont undertstand why there is such shock at £25m as the fee. I do remember people saying when I talked of raising funds from a clear out "you wont wont even get £10m for Rojo"

£25m within the premiership as a fee between clubs is an absolute pittance

Superunknown

5 years he was here.

5 fecking years.

That's as long as Van Nistlerooy and longer than Cantona.

Disgraceful.
That's such a depressing thought. We really need to be a lot better at moving on players if they're not improving our team. Happy that we're moving him on. The £25 million deal that's apparently being talked about is really silly money. I'd let him go for even half that. More fool Everton!

Revan

Assumptionman
I dont undertstand why there is such shock at £25m as the fee. I do remember people saying when I talked of raising funds from a clear out "you wont wont even get £10m for Rojo"

Cause he played 6 matches (including subs) last season and 12 the season before that. He can't stay fit, and when he stays, he isn't that good and can easily get sent off.

In all honesty, any club would be better of trusting one of their own young players rather than spending that fee on Rojo. He just cannot stay fit at all.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Where is it going to then? Its obviously not going to the squad. I guess its just disappearing into thin air then.
The club's bank account like every other revenue.

Tiber

He is 29 years old. He has played very few games in recent years. He is injury prone. He is not close to being good enough for a premier league club with serious ambitions.

So yes, £25m would be an astonishing figure.

RedPnutz

Our fans have way too little regard and respect for our own players.

Ready to deride and discard but then cry foul when players want to leave or choose not to come.

Some fans just can’t see how much toxicity has been piled on to the club by themselves, instead choosing to blame it solely on the management.

neilv93

Circa £100m for Rojo and Lukaku is fantastic business when you look at it in a vacuum.

Still need a Lukaku replacement but hopefully Tuanzebe steps into whatever role Ole had planned for Rojo this season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Good price. And for Lukaku. Shame we won't be using that to strengthen the team.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I rather sell Rojo than buy Dybala.
1000%.

He's been eating up the wage bill for years for nothing. Virtually never available to play, except for Agentina.

I am not gonna comment further. Don't wanna jinx it. Just gonna hope he's gone by 5pm.

jesperjaap

He is 29 years old. He has played very few games in recent years. He is injury prone. He is not close to being good enough for a premier league club with serious ambitions.

So yes, £25m would be an astonishing figure.
Dont get me wrong I dont rate him. But he is an international player who has been at one of the biggest clubs for years, forget Rojo with us, who can you sign in the permiership for £25m, almost nobody

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Our fans have way too little regard and respect for our own players.

Ready to deride and discard but then cry foul when players want to leave or choose not to come.

Some fans just can’t see how much toxicity has been piled on to the club by themselves, instead choosing to blame it solely on the management.
So you think players read redcafe prior considering joining us?

marktan

Dont get me wrong I dont rate him. But he is an international player who has been at one of the biggest clubs for years, forget Rojo with us, who can you sign in the permiership for £25m, almost nobody
I think £25m is a good deal for Everton provided he can stay fit. He's a good CB, he showed it for us in Jose's first season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think £25m is a good deal for Everton provided he can stay fit. He's a good CB, he showed it for us in Jose's first season.
The period where he should have seen at least 2 red cards for 2 footed tackles?

I jest, yeah he did alright with Jones during that period. Long time ago that now though

haram

LCB: Maguire, Jones
RCB: Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Smalling

That looks like the order of preference for Ole.

CherryBoy

With var this season he’d be virtually guaranteed a couple of red cards. Him never having been sent off in the PL for united is one of the most surprising stats there is. So really hope we can shift him to Everton
That belongs in the things you can't believe are true thread.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'd be shocked if we get more than 10-15 mil.
Tyrone Mings - £26.5m
James Tarkowski - £40m
Lewis Dunk - £45m
Nathan Ake - £75m

It's absolute madness out there....:houllier:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Prefer him to Jones, will probably get shot down for that view. Phil Jones may well retire here, he's championship quality.
He's better than Rojo. Prem quality just not united quality.