Marcus Rojo - Finally found a taker?

We still need him. He’s the best backup at LB we have. It’s either him or Young/Darmian.
I don’t rate Rojo at CB - but can understand why some people do. He has had a few good games there.

However, I can’t understand why anyone would think he’s our best back up left bank, have you ever seen him play there? He’s appalling. He’s utterly dire. Young, Darmian and Dalot are all better than Rojo at left back.

MadMike

We still need him. He’s the best backup at LB we have. It’s either him or Young/Darmian.
Have you seen him play at LB for us??? If you think he’s a bad CB, then he’s an absolutely diabolical LB. It’s like playing 10 vs 12, he’s more useful to the opposition than our team. He makes Ashley Young look like a prime Roberto Carlos.

I would take both Young and Darmian at LB in a heartbeat over him. I would volunteer to play LB ahead of him.

Irwin99

Had one good game at left back against De Bruyne in a Manchester derby a few years ago but every other time he's played there he's been atrocious. Despite some decent defensive qualities he's an accident waiting to happen at centre back. Like Darmian, his career here has just been a waste of time.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Wait, there's still people in here who think Rojo is as good as Smalling and Jones and somehow better with ball at feet?

:lol:LOL LOLL :lol::lol:OLLOL:lol:
:lol:LOL LOL:lol:LOL:lol:LO L:lol:
:lol::lol::lol:LOLL:lol::lol:OLLOL:lol::lol::lol:
Is there really a need for so many laughing emojies? We get the picture, you think it's funny.

meninred

It is Ironic that Van Gaal bought Rojo because he did a good job marking Robben as a left back in the world cup.
Anyway ,Getting rid of Rojo and Sanchez would be one good step.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I understand the club wanting to recoup some kind of small fee for him but surely it’s counterproductive to keep him on those wages if no one wants to pay anything for him? Just give him away on a free and get him off the wage bill.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Still better than Smalling and Jones
Seriously?

In the entire time he's been here he's had one good period, which lasted the grand total of two or three months (and even then he got away with two blatant red card tackles). Outside of those couple of months he's been terrible. The fact that even Jones has been far better and more consistent than him says it all, let alone Smalling who has been absolute miles better.

dev1l

Fenerbache are interested on taking him on loan apparently

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Not saying he’s a good LB.

But IMO he’s no worse than Darmian, but slightly better going forward. Young might be better going forward but he’s no better than Rojo at the back, and he’s 34.

But all things considered, we really ought to have a much better backup LB than all three.

Renegade

On loan. So we will be paying 99% of his wages. Will still be stuck him him and and Sanchez at the start of next season. At least it frees up a space in the treatment room for 5 months.
Are we paying his whole wages? What’s the point? Especially with Young leaving

So this leaves us down to 4 centre backs... risky given our injury record.

Onerealunited

I do not see him leaving this month since he is still injured for at least 3-4 weeks, and have been so for some time now. It is a huge risk a potential club is taking for using him in next 5 months.

Machine Elements

Didn't Ole say he's been injured/ill and not going anywhere in his last press conference?

What was the point in renewing his contract last season??
We didn't renew his contract last year. It was in Mourinho's second season 17-18 (March '18).

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Did a decent streak of games under Mourinho and that sums all his positives under our shirt. LVG bought him after his performances as LB at the WC, though.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We keep trimming our squad. Soon enough we'll have Ole, Charlton, Butt and Carrick playing again.

Judas

Open to offers
I liked him, not the best player, but had a bit of character and grit that is seriously lacking from us over the last few years. He was fun to watch.