Mario Götze | WELT: Should be back in training at some point in July

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Would love to see him stay in the BL for a lower club. Maybe Leverkusen, Gladbach or another club competing for Europe.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can see him going to Italy if he doesn't stay in Germany. Roma would snap him up I'm sure.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Any chance of him getting back to something like his 2011-2014 form or is that just completely over now and the best he can hope for is to be a regular for one of these clubs?
I fear that form is gone for good. As far as I know, his disease affected the intensity of muscle contraction or something like that. He also has bulked up a considerable bit due to that although he reportedly trained like a maniac. Even no w that hevs back, his movements seem slower and not as agile as they used to be.

That being said, his last season at Dortmund was pretty good. He was among Dortmund's best players at the same point in time last season and did really well. Possibly, Favre is just not the right coach for him. Could imagine that people are severely underestimating him due to not getting much game time.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Remember he was mentioned in the same breath as Neymar when they were both breaking through - sad to see him suffer with a debilitating condition that cut short what could have been a great career.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Remember he was mentioned in the same breath as Neymar when they were both breaking through - sad to see him suffer with a debilitating condition that cut short what could have been a great career.
He still had a good career all things considered. He played for the top 2 teams in Germany and scored the winning goal in a world Cup final. I think many footballers would be happy with that

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Germany played a friendly against Brazil in 2011, both were 19 and had huge hype, the match was being billed more as a contest between Gotze and Neymar than Germany v Brazil.

Gotze was brilliant that day, scored a great goal and played better than Neymar (who himself got a goal in the 90th minute but was generally harmless that day).

Injuries really ruined him from fulfilling his talent. Also Pep trying to force him to play either as a left winger or false 9 didn't do him any good.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He still had a good career all things considered. He played for the top 2 teams in Germany and scored the winning goal in a world Cup final. I think many footballers would be happy with that
Yeah in terms of trophies he's done better than most will ever achieve, but he was hyped (justified at the time) as a potential GOAT, just another what could have been.

@hasanejaz88 He was like the Mbappe of his day, as soon as he started in the first team it looked like he'd been playing there for years.

Dolf

From Dortmund and Bayern to PSV...
Surely he could still play at a slightly higher level than Eredivisie?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Curious to see how he does. I think it’s a good move for him, hopefully he will be able to find some form

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
To think Klopp wanted him ahead of Mane...

izec

From Dortmund and Bayern to PSV...
Surely he could still play at a slightly higher level than Eredivisie?
He is done at the top level. Midtable Bundesliga club or PSV is not a big difference. He got linked with Hertha

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I wouldn't be surprised if the doesn't cut it a PSV.

Blackwidow

When I look at pictures of him of the last days he looks leaner and fitter than he did for a long time...