Mario Götze

Member 5225

Bayern Munich and Germany midfielder Mario Gotze has refused to rule out a possible summer exit from the Bundesliga club.

Gotze, whose extra-time goal in the 2014 World Cup final gave his country the title, has found breaking into Pep Guardiola's starting XI difficult since joining the club from Borussia Dortmund for ¬37 million in the summer of 2013.

Once considered one of world football's brightest prospects, Gotze, 23, has been linked with a January transfer to Liverpool, where former boss Jurgen Klopp is now in charge. And while Bayern sporting director Matthias Sammer has laughed off the speculation, Gotze has left open the possibility of a postseason move away from Bavaria.

"Everything is still open. We will see how things go at the end of the season," Gotze told Sport Bild on Friday.

"I have a contract until June 2017. But of course, it is important how the new coach feels about me. The coach's plans are decisive in the end.

"So we will just have to wait and see how things pan out. I have not really given my future much thought recently because of my injury, but everything is open as things stand.

"It all depends on the plans of the club and the new coach."

Gotze has been out of the Bayern lineup since early October with a hamstring injury, and has featured in just seven Bundesliga games this season.

League-leading Bayern won't return to action again until Jan. 22, when they visit Hamburg in Bundesliga play.

http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/story/2782601/mario-gotze-wont-rule-out-summer-bayern-munich-exit

Potential acquisition? Always rated him, seems a big game player and young too!

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Four years ago I'd have said yes. Hoping we can tempt Isco instead now though.

NoPace

If he's available, he's certainly good enough. You would think he wants to be first choice. The big teams who could offer that are probably United, Juventus, Arsenal (albeit at RW), PSG - if Ibra goes this summer. So we'd have a chance, I think.

Bit of an awkward fit in that he's not going to play RW, but he'd basically replace Rooney, being our first choice 10 behind Martial, or maybe playing LW if Memphis doesn't develop.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People thought he would be better than Neymar :lol:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
FWIW, I would have him at Old Trafford in a hearbeat.

@Balu how's he been this season aside from the clip above? Any comments on a possible exit?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
People thought he would be better than Neymar :lol:
He was sensational for Dortmund.

22 goals, 32 assists in 5700 Bundesliga minutes
2 goals, 10 assists in 1200 CL minutes
5 goals, 1 assist in 580 cup minutes

as a teenage midfielder. Things just didn't work out for him at Bayern and it went downhill from there. You gotta wonder how things would've developed had he stayed at Dortmund a bit longer, both for him and the club, since his replacement (Mkhitaryan) needed some time to settle in.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was sensational for Dortmund.

22 goals, 32 assists in 5700 Bundesliga minutes
2 goals, 10 assists in 1200 CL minutes
5 goals, 1 assist in 580 cup minutes

as a teenage midfielder. Things just didn't work out for him at Bayern and it went downhill from there. You gotta wonder how things would've developed had he stayed at Dortmund a bit longer, both for him and the club, since his replacement (Mkhitaryan) needed some time to settle in.
He's a great little player but in my eyes it was never in doubt Neymar would become the better player, just some people couldn't see passed the hair-do's and diving. Yeah it's a shame he left Dortmund so early but I suppose he couldn't turn them down, they just had too many good attacking players and no real room for him.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's a great little player but in my eyes it was never in doubt Neymar would become the better player, just some people couldn't see passed the hair-do's and diving. Yeah it's a shame he left Dortmund so early but I suppose he couldn't turn them down, they just had too many good attacking players and no real room for him.
I don't know.. when people where comparing them Neymar was still playing in Brazil, while Götze was doing very well in Bundesliga and the CL. I don't think it was that obvious back then.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
We arent Real Madrid.. We shouldnt buy a player because hes available, neither he nor Isco would suit us.. Gundogan, Griezemann, Auba, a top versatile wing back.. They are things we need

Womp

idiot
Neymar won almost every single club trophy while Gotze has the WC medal. Yes, i also thought Gotze would have a lot more impact but at 23 years of age he still has plenty of time to maximise his potential.
He's nowhere near Neymar in terms of natural talent or adaptability it seems.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Those saying he (and Isco) wouldn't suit us nor does he fix our problem, surely we need a proper #10? LvG doesn't trust Mata there. He's played Rooney, Fellaini and Herrera as a #10 ahead of Mata, and all three of those players are better in other positions. Isco or Gotze would immediately become our best attacking midfielder.

If we are going to persist with the 4-2-3-1, we need a proper #10.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Currently out with a hamstring injury? He's our guy.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Those saying he (and Isco) wouldn't suit us nor does he fix our problem, surely we need a proper #10? LvG doesn't trust Mata there. He's played Rooney, Fellaini and Herrera as a #10 ahead of Mata, and all three of those players are better in other positions. Isco or Gotze would immediately become our best attacking midfielder.

Exactly, we like to think we are sorted at #10 but we really aren't. We don't have a playmaker good enough.

Bwuk

Gotze doesn't even need to be at #10. He'd be better than any of our current wide options as well.

I do wonder where he'll end up. I'm not so sure Bayern will renew him, and if they don't he'll definitely be away in the summer.

I'd love Gotze. He's only 23, and perhaps a move away from Bayern would suit. He never really managed to make himself a guarantee in their first 11.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's just not that good.

Mainoldo

Neither currently play number 10. Left of a 3 so we now going to play with 2 Mata's and Rooney. Then moan when we still have no flipping pace.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
He must be an excellent keeper then.
If we still have DDG after the Summer then I'll apologise but Gotze would be our new star.

I think Isco will choose City so I don't think we should go for him. Gotze is getting linked with Liverpool, even if Van Gaal refuses to step aside, at least we'll have a good player for our incoming manager to use.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Neither currently play number 10. Left of a 3 so we now going to play with 2 Mata's and Rooney. Then moan when we still have no flipping pace.
Both should be playing through the middle though. Apart from this season, Isco has played centrally more than not. These days he just gets shunted out wide, or wherever needs to be filled. Hard to gauge where Gotze fits in currently since he's been injured most of the season, but last season he also played more games through the middle than out wide.

Even in the unlikely event we brought in one of Gotze or Isco, we would still need a wingers, but our #10 situation is equally as bad. One of the two would ideally displace Rooney, not supplement him.

the hea

Well not all of us are blessed with the all seeing eyes of Adam-Utd, back in 2012 limited people like me were watching Götze performing at a similar level to Neymar but in a far superior league, I guess that's were we got those crazy ideas.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He will have just a year left on his contract in the summer and I don't imagine he will renew. Could be a bargain for someone.

pascell

Year left on his contract come summer, we'd still probably pay over the odds for him, if we were interested. Think he'll either end up at Juve, Roma or Liverpool.

Mani

Is type of player who create something out of nothing,if he's ready to leave on summer why not we sign him considering our lack of creativity up front.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
@Balu how's he been this season aside from the clip above? Any comments on a possible exit?
He looked fantastic at Bayern and for Germany before he got injured again. I still have hope that he can realise his potential, if he finally stays healthy for more than 6 months and gets a consistent run of games in a fixed position without being moved around all the time. In my opinion we've played our best football under Guardiola with him in the team and I think his contribution is a bit underrated. But overall what he showed so far at Bayern isn't good enough if he wants to stay (or make it at any other European top team). I can't fault his attitute though. You don't hear anything negative about his workrate or determination in training, no reports about parties, nothing. He seems very level-headed, says the right things in interviews, looks fully focused. It just hasn't worked out yet.

I really can't tell what happens in the summer. Ancelotti has a good history of turning the careers of struggling top talents around and finding the perfect roles for them. I hope he can do the same for Götze, but I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
I'd for one if Götze moves to Liverpool.
To begin with, I don't follow all Bayern news but remember the claims of a journo in a football 'talk show' that Götze complained publicly about Klopp after he had moved to Bayern.
Secondly, his ego. He sees himself as an elite player at elite clubs. No disrespect but I can't imagine him labelling Liverpool as elite at this point in time.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I think he'd rather return to Dortmund than go to Liverpool.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
I think he'd rather return to Dortmund than go to Liverpool.
:wenger: God is not evil and will prevent this to happen! I'm pretty sure he couldn't stand the heat the Süd (AKA Yellow Wall) would give him. Götze wasn't particularly loved by fans over the age of 18 long before he decided to move, and how he and his management handled the move and how he has acted ever since didn't help.

Most importantly though we're not elite. He sees himself in the ranks of Messi and Ronaldo. I'd put my money on Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Most importantly though we're not elite. He sees himself in the ranks of Messi and Ronaldo. I'd put my money on Real Madrid or Barcelona.
That's complete nonsense in my opinion. There's really not the slightest indication in his behaviour to support that.

Kant-ona

Isn't he a little bit what the Germans call "Schönwetter-Fußballer" (fair-weather-footballer)? If so, a move to United would be... brave. I wouldn't call our situation on and off the picth "fair weather".

If he goes to England, he will join his old coach anyway.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Isn't he a little bit what the Germans call "Schönwetter-Fußballer" (fair-weather-footballer)?
No. He was at his best at Dortmund in the first half of the 11/12 season when he had to carry the team on his own with Kagawa injured and the rest of the side struggling. I also think that a 23 year old who scored the World Cup winning goal should ever be called something like that. He's still young and already had some big moments.

A big part of his struggles at Bayern is that the game isn't really running through him and that he's shifted around a lot to do things in different roles that don't seem to suit him.