Mario Götze

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I just think it's a backwards step for Gotze. Shows a lack of ambition on his part to go back to Dortmund. Its going to be a different club to what he remembers anyway with most of the players he remembers have gone. Strange really. Ah well.
Right now, there are exactly two clubs which represent sideward steps compared to Bayern Munich: Barcelona and Real. Every other club is a backward step. Now it depends how big this backward step would be. The two Manchester clubs, Juventus and Atletico Madrid had no real interest. This means that all clubs, which are currently above Dortmund in the pecking order were out of the picture.

This should also put this dick measuring contest in the last posts to rest. Of course Borussia Dortmund is a big club,the second biggest in Germany. We are not part of the absolute elite or filthy rich, though, which is why star players leave the club for them from time to time.

I also don´t get this lack of ambition argument in terms of Götze. We are the biggest interested club and most likely his best shot of reviving his playing career, but also at least short term the most uncomfortable destination for him. He will have to take a hefty pay cut, face the consequences of his past transfer and has to win over a sizeable portion of the crowd with performances. How is this less ambitious than going abroad and making a fresh start at a worse club for more money?

Or maybe he remembered being happy there and wanted to go back despite all of his mates and manager moving on. You honestly think Dortmund will win the Bundesliga? No of course they won't. Liverpool have a better chance of winning the Premier League frankly.
Based on what exactly? Their last season performances and "strong" record in the transfer market? We might not challenge this season for the league title because we clearly follow a longer term plan with all the talent we brought in and are in general dependent on Bayern slipping up here and there, but the stars have to really allign for Klopp´s Liverpool to win the EPL ahead of Guardiola´s City, Mourinho´s United or Conte´s Chelsea. The differences in squad strength are vast and in difference to Dortmund they don´t have to overcome one club but half a dozen.

wr8_utd

:'(
Except De Gea. And Pogba. But I suppose if the Pogba to United deal goes through, you're gonna say "Oh, they never really wanted them anyway".

I call rubbish on that.

Ronaldo's dream was to play for Madrid. He stayed an extra season with us, won the league and got us 80m. Lewandowski and Hummels let their contracts run out so they could join the rivals. That's right, RIVALS. Ronaldo didn't run out his contract and join Man City on a free.

Completely different scenarios. We sold Beckham for 23m. This was around a period where the likes of Zinedine Zidane was only going for 40m. How much do you honestly think Beckham was worth? No more than 25m at that time. We got his prime years.
Love how this nonsense still keeps getting thrown around here like it's fact.

MounchesterUtd

Wait, is this a done deal? Would've liked to see him at a Valencia or Everton level club, or one of the Portuguese giants.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Good transfers for all parties involved. I hope he turns his career around and Dortmund become more competitive.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Nice to see the myth that we sell all our best players to Madrid is alive and well
It's incredible isn't it? Only Ronaldo fits that description. Beckham, RvN were both booted out.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Acorrding to Kicker the deal is done. 26 Mio € for him.
If kicker writes about a transfer, you can believe it. I wish him luck; I really want to see him play good football again... even in that garish black-and-yellow shirt. ;)

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
At the time he said he wanted to go to Spain

Both Barca and Real were interested and he eventually chose Real(who were the most interrsted)

It's only then when he started with the 'dream' thing.
I'm not sure, Gary Nev says in his autobiography he was openly talking about wanting to go to Madrid in the dressing room for a good couple of years before he went there.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not a bad signing at all for Dortmund. How come Bayern let him go? Too stacked in his position?

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
How would the BVB fans treat him? Were not they pissed at him?
Different polls say that ca. 4 of 5 think he can get his old form be maybe usefull as a central midfielder / #10. Only 1 of 5 are still mad against him. Its the thing with BVB fans expecially in Dortmund, thy think like: "If he shut the fck up, and let speak performance on the pitch,and get the best out of him obvouisly fighting, everything will be alright".

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I actually think it's a very good transfer. The fans will soon get over it and Tuchel will revitalise his career.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I am apparently not able to think at the moment so can someone please help me out? Watzke says they have negotiated 3 transfers in the current transfer period with Bayern and all talks were very professional. Hummels, Götze and ?? :confused:

izec

I am apparently not able to think at the moment so can someone please help me out? Watzke says they have negotiated 3 transfers in the current transfer period with Bayern and all talks were very professional. Hummels, Götze and ?? :confused:
Rode

saivet

What does this mean for Kagawa? I've not really watched his progression back at Dortmund

Bernerr

Supports
Bayern
Will have a hard time with the fans at the beginning but if he plays well he will turn around most of them. I think it could be good transfer because the system should fit him and he might regain his strenght with a coach trusting him (Tuchel already turned mhiki in to something usefull). Bayern maybe a bit short on offensive players now but its really hard to get useful player who knows he only gets bigger minutes if multiple players are injured.

On the other side i dont get the idea behind Schürrle. Sure tuchel knows him pretty well and he has good chemistry with reus and götze (maybe a reason to get götze) but the fee would be way to high and he will block the young prospects like dembele or moor. Maybe Reus is injury is more serious then reported ...

simi

Supports
Schalke 04
Dortmund signed Sebastian Rode from Bayern for ~15 Mio Euro shortly after the Hummels transfer.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Bayern weakens Dortmund again... :cool:
The only thing you weaken was your bankaccount by buying a 37Mio € + 12 Mio€ p.a. player for 3 years you never needed or used only cause of trying to weaken an rival, who won something in the league, where you couldnt get over this little time you were not on the top. In the end you have to notice that a revitalized Dortmund who did to manage winning the Meisterschaft were a boost for your own performance. The rivality between the "back-in-the-game"-Dortmund and Bayen were good for both of them, but for sure for Bayern who had to improve and did it. So stop youre typically wuming Bayern-arrogance and write something people can talk about.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
To "swap" Hummels for Götze and Rode.......Bayern Munich have done a fantastic job there.
I think we did a great job considering that Hummels had only 1 year left and did want only to Bayern cause his family lives there. He has made a lot of faults and was talking bullshit to often, Tuchel was not so sad about which give us a hint. Getting a younger Bartra from Barcelona might be a great move for us. We need Rode cause we dont got a player like him, and he made a great job at Bayern until Vidal came in. For 14 Mio a gret deal, having in mind what PL teams pay for crap and that the market will explode if it all starts with the new money. For Götze there is a rumored 22 Mio€ + Bonus up to 26€, which would be fine. You have to keep in mind that he will earn 50% less, so seems that he really want to do things better and dont want to "hide" in Liverpool or somewhere.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I think we did a great job considering that Hummels had only 1 year left and did want only to Bayern cause his family lives there. He has made a lot of faults and was talking bullshit to often, Tuchel was not so sad about which give us a hint. Getting a younger Bartra from Barcelona might be a great move for us. We need Rode cause we dont got a player like him, and he made a great job at Bayern until Vidal came in. For 14 Mio a gret deal, having in mind what PL teams pay for crap and that the market will explode if it all starts with the new money. For Götze there is a rumored 22 Mio€ + Bonus up to 26€, which would be fine. You have to keep in mind that he will earn 50% less, so seems that he really want to do things better and dont want to "hide" in Liverpool or somewhere.
Bartra will be never good enough for Dortmund.

And to get Rode for €14m.....that was €6-7m too much.

NoLogo

Also Dortmund has quite some squad depth now.

Bürki (Weidenfeller)
Pitsche (Durm) -- Sokratis (Ginter) -- Bender (Bartra) -- Schmelzer (Guerreiro)
Weigl (Sahin) -- Rode (Merino)
Götze (Mor) -- Kagawa (Dembele) -- Reus (Pulisic)
Aubameyang (Ramos)​

Given their current squad depth I wonder if Schürrle is still needed at all?

Also they still need to get rid of quite a few players and send out some on loan I guess. Kuba, Subotic and Leitner look like not having a future at the club.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Bartra will be never good enough for Dortmund.

And to get Rode for €14m.....that was €6-7m too much.
Ok, how much "too much" are 120 for a Pogba? Please...let do the BVB board their work, sometimes it seems they know what they are doing.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

Bürki (Weidenfeller)
Aubameyang (Ramos)​

Also they still need to get rid of quite a few players and send out some on loan I guess. Kuba, Subotic and Leitner look like not having a future at the club.
Dembele will probably be used on the right wing, with Gotze and Kagawa competing for the #10 position.

There are some great talents in Dortmund's attack, but I guess Tuchel wants to add some more experience with the signing of Schuerrle. Seems like he wants to work with him again.

I think they could do with some more quality in midfield and especially at centre-back, though Castro is another option in the middle.

Leverkusen refused to let Toprak go to Dortmund, so maybe they'll go for someone else.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Ok, how much "too much" are 120 for a Pogba? Please...let do the BVB board their work, sometimes it seems they know what they are doing.
So true, we have no right having a go at other clubs by overspending by 6-7 million when we are about to overspend by 60m :lol:.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09

Bürki (Weidenfeller)
Aubameyang (Ramos)​

You forgot Götze, Castro and Passlack:

Bürki (Weidenfeller)
Pischu (Passlack, Durm) -- Sokratis (Ginter) -- Bender (Bartra) -- Schmelzer (Rapha, Durm)
Weigl (Sahin, Bender) -- Rode (Merino, Ginter)
Götze (Pulisic, Mor) - Kagawa (Castro, Götze, Dembele) - Reus (Dembele, Pulisic)
Aubameyang (Ramos, Dembele)

Bürki (Weidenfeller)
Sokratis (Pischu) -- Bender (Merino) -- Bartra (Ginter)
Pischu (Passlack, Durm)--------------------------------------------Schmelzer (Rapha, Durm)
Rode (Merino, Sahin) -- Weigl (Sahin) -- Castro (Sahin, Merino,...)
Götze (Reus, Dembele) - Aubameyang (Ramos)​

Or whatelse...

And yeah, for me Schürrle would be too much, too much money ,too.

Bernerr

Supports
Bayern
Rode is definitley not overpaid, i think people underrate him because he was benched by bayern the last season. He really was one of the better players in the bundesliga during his time in frankfurt and always made good impressions when he had the chance to play for Bayern. Also in modern times this as not that big of a fee, especially if you consider he is a german player in the german league (and he will get a part of the nationalteam as well only a question of time). If they stay away from schürrle this could be a brilliant transfer period for dortmund, if only one of dembele, moor or merino takes off it was worth the gamble and moor and especially dembele look very promising