Mario Lemina

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Fred also used to post his videos last season.

Classical Mechanic

So he’s decided to tweet a compilation of himself...

He actually played a great game against us for Southampton a while back. Seems desperate for a move doesn't he.

He's 6 years+ younger, much better and i'd imagine on lower wages. Improving your squad to put it simply.
He isn't much better than Fellani from what he's shown in his career so far, actually rather that he's inferior to him.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Christ... caps and all, dont think i saw anything like it before. Wait is that video 2x speed
I had the sound off, but I'm betting that Benny Hill was the soundtrack..? :rolleyes:

haram

He actually played a great game against us for Southampton a while back. Seems desperate for a move doesn't he.

He isn't much better than Fellani from what he's shown in his career so far, actually rather that he's inferior to him.
I think it’s agreed with the club that he’ll move this summer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can only imagine how ‘shrewd’ he would be if Spurs or Liverpool were closing in for ‘just £15m’.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Can only imagine how ‘shrewd’ he would be if Spurs or Liverpool were closing in for ‘just £15m’.
Because those teams have working midfields and a player like Lemina would be a bonus, we are so far behind in the middle of the park, we need much better players to improve us.

romufc

You clearly don't watch much English football man. The guy has been had injury problems for the majority of the season and didn't play for like four months, hence the low numbers and why he was behind Hojberg and Romeu at times. Also, according to him he had an agreement with the hierarchy that he'd stay for two years and move on. I'm not sure why we didn't go for Tielemans, maybe Ole didn't see him fitting alongside Pogba. It seems like he was contingency plan if Pogba was to leave. I'm hoping if Real or Juve cough up the money that we'd actually go for someone a level above Tielemans. I think it's evident our recruitment has been a shambles since Ed became the chairman but we obviously need players :lol: But we need to start operating more like how Spurs and Liverpool have done in the last few seasons, buying hungry players who fit the way we play and not spending over the odds for prima donnas. I'm not saying Lemina is a world beater but it's soooooo obvious the majority of posters haven't even seen him, the guy is talented and a much better option than Longstaff at half the price.

He might be talented, but there are a few concerns:

1. Juventus let him go and they had a big concern about his knee. Do we need someone who is injury prone?
2. We need players but that does not mean we need anyone.. Is he a massive improvement from Fred, McTominay, Perreira, Matic? I am guessing not.

Absolutely poor transfer strategy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm sure he's talented but his injury record and attitude is a worry.

The price is very low though so maybe he's worth the risk, I don't think playing for Southampton is anything to look down on anyway. We've seen with plenty of their recent players they can step up fine.

(Tadic,VVD,all the other Liverpool players etc)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Because those teams have working midfields and a player like Lemina would be a bonus, we are so far behind in the middle of the park, we need much better players to improve us.
Those teams have working midfields by making these kinds of signings, not by buying Pogba, Vidal, Schweinsteiger, Xavi etc in the first place.

DFreshKing

Each to there own but he looks much better to me for our current needs and the style of play that Ole wants. Especially taking in the context of the post and the age of the players.

Smores

:lol: It's amusing to see such top red bullshit like this over a story that is clearly absolutely bollocks anyway

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
:lol: It's amusing to see such top red bullshit like this over a story that is clearly absolutely bollocks anyway
I really don’t think it’s bollocks tbh, Simon peach is quite reliable and doesn’t tend to report stuff like this unless it’s true.

StrettyEnder07

Fred is a reserve just like lemina is with the difference that he didn't had to compete for a first team place with the likes of Matic, Pogba and Herrera
Fred wasn't bought as a reserve and the question was how is Lemina PL proven, does this mean Fred is PL proven.

Well Lemina has had what a season and a bit in the Premier League and has been good as United, Arsenal and Liverpool have shown an interest, in this regard it is safe to say he does not compare to Fred in the slightest who has had a disaster of a year.

Lemina is a PL proven midfielder, Fred is anything but - That was his comparison.

Talent wise, probably not to much difference between Fred and Lemina although can't say have watched Lemina to much.

hobbers

It would be pretty difficult to find a downgrade on Fred.

Question is, why are we focusing on replacing Fred first, when Matic, Pogba and Herrera all need replacements?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Those teams have working midfields by making these kinds of signings, not by buying Pogba, Vidal, Schweinsteiger, Xavi etc in the first place.
It's mostly about having the right coach and their coaches have a lot more experience than ours. Besides there have been many of these players who have failed at these clubs but they never get mentionned, only success stories are remembered.

KennyBurner

id take him for 15 million over sergej milinkjdbjd for 75 plus to be honest. I dont know much about him other than his performance against us with Southampton. He looks like a super sub who can fill in when needed also. Don't forget guys we also need a good supporting cast after losing both fellaini and herrera.

Also watching that clip he looks like he can become very good with good coaching on his decision making and knowing how to release the ball quicker.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's mostly about having the right coach and their coaches have a lot more experience than ours. Besides there have been many of these players who have failed at these clubs but they never get mentionned, only success stories are remembered.
That is true, but the point is expensive ones fail too. The idea is to have a plan as a coach and look for a player you think will work, regardless of his stature as a player. Our rivals would make signings like Lemina work. Spurs’ player of the season was ridiculed and relegated just a couple of years back, for example.

I’d have nothing against Lemina personally. I’ve seen the talent that he has so I know what he’s capable of if things go well. As we haven’t seen to have the formula to guarantee any profile of signing works out well, I have nothing against Lemina. I’m choosing to focus on what he CAN do, and my point is I suspect others would do that more too if he were to sign for another club for cheap too.

Canagel

I don't see a problem with this. He looks like he can keep the ball under pressure and more importantly go forward - not sideways and backwards. Clear upgrade over Herrera and Fellaini.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looks surprisingly good on the ball from that clip. What's his passing and tackling like?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Not really, we may not b fighting for the league but we will fight for a top 4 position and Europa league. Also if he does really well he will be more on the map then in the saints squad.
That is a pretty good selling point tbf. Come to United son, one of the top dogs might notice you.

Wtf?!

dasty

Looks surprisingly good on the ball from that clip. What's his passing and tackling like?
Not the most consistent passer. Capable of pulling off some great long passes but yet misses a short and simple one. Great tackler, but poor in defensive positioning. Very high work rate though, and is great at dribbling, albeit sometimes too much.

SATA

Can he play with Fred together? I would think these two will bring lots of bite and energy instead of being slow and static like Matic. I also think a lot of posters would agree with this transfer more if we sign him from Juventus and not Soton

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Fred wasn't bought as a reserve and the question was how is Lemina PL proven, does this mean Fred is PL proven.

Well Lemina has had what a season and a bit in the Premier League and has been good as United, Arsenal and Liverpool have shown an interest, in this regard it is safe to say he does not compare to Fred in the slightest who has had a disaster of a year.

Lemina is a PL proven midfielder, Fred is anything but - That was his comparison.

Talent wise, probably not to much difference between Fred and Lemina although can't say have watched Lemina to much.
At Southampton Lemina wasn't brought to be a reserve but that's were he ended. At Juventus the situation was slightly different as they was expected him to be a squad player up until he can one day replace the ageing Marchisio. In both cases he failed to reach the targets set and both clubs wanted him out. The guy has been failing for the past 4 years at 2 consecutive clubs. He seem to want out just after 2 years of contract which kind of suggest an attitude problem as well. How can anyone even want the guy?