Mario Lemina

Castia

Are we on a mission to build the worst midfield ever?

Longstaff, Lemina, Bakayoko......Jesus id rather bring Fellaini back.

I wouldn't mind but there's a whole list of midfielders on the market, feck knows why we didn't pick up Tielemans for £40m he's twice the player of those lot.

Last edited:

romufc

Just shows how fans are willing to accept mediocre signings to bolster the already mediocre squad.. whilst city are buying Rodri..

We end up placing bids and interest for players to get fans excited and sing crap.

Hawks2008

Bar Tielemans, they've all gone to clubs better than us with Champions League football. Why would any of them turn those teams down for us?
So what then, we should show no ambition in the market? We should not target players who will actually improve the team and go for guys who maybe might be good squad players? It's not acceptable.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Would it be right to say that this would be the exact same situation when pool spent the suarez money?

Nick7

So what then, we should show no ambition in the market? We should not target players who will actually improve the team and go for guys who maybe might be good squad players? It's not acceptable.
They wouldn't have signed with us anyway. Hell, we don't even know if we didn't go for them.

Zoo

Last edited:

Wheato

Pretty much a box to box, win the ball back and move it to someone better sort of player. More of a Kante than a Herrera. If we sign him, it really does make you think what is the point of Fred?

Alabaster Codify7

This is gathering some steam which is a bit concerning. Lemina isn't awful but he's not good enough for our starting 11. Worrying if true.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

I wouldn't mind but there's a whole list of midfielders on the market, feck knows why we didn't pick up Tielemans for £40m he's twice the player of those lot.
So, you just believe everything you read, yeah?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Very odd Lemina doesn't fit into the managers plans at Southampton. I'd have thought his work ethic and mobility would have made him perfect for a pressing system.

I remember a few games being very impressed by him but then he was forgotten all together. Was it injuries or inconsistency? Looking at the thread it sounds like both. If injuries its even more concerning!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Because they are literally all defensive minded midfielders and Tielemans isnt?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Struggled for fitness.. and apparently we are interested? Don't believe that for a second. Agent hype IMO.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This would be bizarre. Don’t think I’ve seen anyone on here show the slightest interest in him before today.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This would be bizarre. Don’t think I’ve seen anyone on here show the slightest interest in him before today.
Give it 3 weeks and a few more journalist tweets, and he'll be irreplaceable in our forum hypothetical line-ups. It's what happened with Longstaff.

Nialinho

Bakayoko and now lemina. They don't even seem like 'hungry and point to prove' players. From where does the media gets these ideas from?

Just shows how fans are willing to accept mediocre signings to bolster the already mediocre squad.. whilst city are buying Rodri..

We end up placing bids and interest for players to get fans excited and sing crap.
Have any of you even seen him play? Everyone was raving about him when he first went to Southampton and a lot of top clubs were rumored to have been looking at him before his injury. He's strong and can tackle, pass and dribble well and would certainly be an upgrade on Matic and Fred for the no. 6 role. Big superstar signings haven't exactly worked well in the post-Fergie era, if he could be got on the cheap it could be a shrewd bit of business. He wouldn't exactly be at the top of my list of midfield targets, but in a difficult inflated market he's not the worst idea.

I think he means Marseille because at Juve he was pretty underwhelming,thus why they sold him.

Anyway,nice to us strongly linked with more mediocre players as we clearly haven't got enough.
The battle for 8th place looks to be hotting up next season.JFC.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Pretty much a box to box, win the ball back and move it to someone better sort of player. More of a Kante than a Herrera. If we sign him, it really does make you think what is the point of Fred?
Fred was a DM at Shakhtar and that was when he was at his best last season.

ayushreddevil9

Have any of you even seen him play? Everyone was raving about him when he first went to Southampton and a lot of top clubs were rumored to have been looking at him before his injury. He's strong and can tackle, pass and dribble well and would certainly be an upgrade on Matic and Fred for the no. 6 role. Big superstar signings haven't exactly worked well in the post-Fergie era, if he could be got on the cheap it could be a shrewd bit of business. He wouldn't exactly be at the top of my list of midfield targets, but in a difficult inflated market he's not the worst idea.
I have seen him multiple times and found him underwhelming.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We could always hope this turns into a Wijnaldum type move.

When Southampton want to release one of their underwhelming performers ,United shouldn't be one of the teams waiting in line.
Though,it seems United fans are relatively happy with this link.
My Gawd.

Nialinho

I have seen him multiple times and found him underwhelming.
Fair enough, I've always been pretty impressed. Funny how people on here are happy for us to splash ridiculous amounts on players in Portugal and Holland who they've probably only seen on YouTube but aren't happy for us to take a low risk punt on a player who's looked good in our league :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
@SilentWitness few posts from long back on the player. There are many more, just selected few from first 2 pages.

http://www.redcafe.net/search/145616328/?q=lemina&o=date

Tarkowski, Felipe Anderson, Mario Lemina... there are plenty of lower table side players who could be solid squad players for us. I just don't think we're in for those sorts of players.
Impossibles:
Kante, Hazard, Salah, Mane, VVD, Robertson, Son, Eriksen, Kane, Sane, Stones, Sterling, Aguero, KDB, Laporte, Mahrez, Lacazette
definitely should be looking at:
Ndidi, Maguire, Maddison, Jimenez, Neves, Mitrovic, Gueye
Maybe even:
AWB, Chilwell, Vardy, Pereira, Digne, Lemina, Hojbjerg, Ake, Wilson, Fraser
I would love him to stay but not on the wage he requested. We have MCTominay who's been recently unfit in our last 3 matches or so and there are players such as Lemina who can replace him. If I had my way, every players on 150k+ wage would be let go and also, Lingard.
Regardless of their position at the time the match start, Matic often drops deeper and most times, just a little in front of the defence.
I still don't think he's worth 200k contract. We're trying to bring the wage bill under control after making a mess of everything hence, it would be stupid to give Herrera the kind of wages he wants.
I would like Lemina who I think is a much better all rounder than Herrera as replacement. He's definitely not going to demand for 200k contract.
I would love to have Van De Beek, Eriksen and Saul Niguez in our midfield however the latter two are quite impossible dream hence I would want Tonali (he can play as a playmaking no 6 and a playmaking no 8 just like Van De Beek) and Lemina.

O'Connor - Alderweireld - Ferro - Shaw.
Lemina - Van De Beek - Tonali/Eriksen;
Ounas - João Felix - Chiesa.

Bench : Rashford, Greenwood, MCTominay, Dalot, Romero, Lindelof, Martial. (Fred and Smalling inclusive)

That's the dream.
Yes but what PSG players showed in the 2nd leg isn't different from what we know.

Mbappe's ball control under pressure has always been suspect regardless of his pace and good touch. Draxler is a lazy player and di Maria is simply a bellend. Marquinho is a defender playing in the midfield. It was only Verratti that set them apart in the 1st leg but was stifled by MCT in the 2nd leg match. If PSG had Neymar, they would have had more chances of getting through.

Nothing Herrera has shown would make us better than what we're. I would rather we bring in playmakers and someone like Saul Niguez/Lemina to complement these playmakers than give Herrera 200k contract. Everyone on heavy wages should be let go and that includes Sanchez, Pogba, Martial, Lingard, Matic and even Fred.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Were the rumours of a £100 million transfer budget true?
We seem to be scraping the bargain basement if there is any truth in Lamina & Bakayoko..

You say low risk but with us we'll likely offer him a bumper deal and 2 years down the line,having likely been a underwhelming signing,we're struggling to get rid.

I'm not sure adding mediocre to a mediocre squad is such a good move.

ayushreddevil9

Fair enough, I've always been pretty impressed. Funny how people on here are happy for us to splash ridiculous amounts on players in Portugal and Holland who they've probably only seen on YouTube but aren't happy for us to take a low risk punt on a player who's looked good in our league :lol:
If he is so good then why are Southampton willing to sell? We cant take punt on players who MIGHT turn out be good. We have had enough 'on his day' kinds of players.