Mario Lemina

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He was half decent at Juve, but no way we should be looking at this guy. What for? Rather invest minutes into Garner

Vissy

I'm quite optimistic about this signing. I hope he kicks on & becomes a Wijnaldum like signing for us if we do get him

Keep reading on twitter various views like ' he'd add great depth to United' or 'he'd be a good squad filler' and I'm like,wait minute,Periera,McTomminay and Matic should be squad filler.
It's like....
Urh,I give up.

Castia

Because they are literally all defensive minded midfielders and Tielemans isnt?
Well we need both and if the best DM we could possibly hope for is those 3 then....Yeah underwhelming to say the least.

City have one of the best midfields in the world and added a new DM in Rodri for £65m. We have a terrible midfield and are looking to bolster with Lemina and Bakayoko.

Matic' legs have gone and he still better than those listed. Waste of time.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've not seen a great deal of him but, based on what I have seen, I'd have him as a squad player. He was fantastic against us and bossed our midfield quite easily. Obviously I haven't seen a lot of him though so I could be very wrong, but based on what I've seen he'd be a good option for some games. Maybe :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Liverpool have done well signing from teams like Southampton (Mane, Van Dijk, Louvren) and relegated clubs like Newcastle (Winaldjim) and Hull (Robertson)

I haven't seen enough of Lemina to comment but I wouldn't write him off because of his club
A lot of those players were really impressive for their clubs. Not sure this guy was, funny enough injuries were a problem. Will fit right in with us.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Well we need both and if the best DM we could possibly hope for is those 3 then....Yeah underwhelming to say the least.

City have one of the best midfields in the world and added a new DM in Rodri for £65m. We have a terrible midfield and are looking to bolster with Lemina and Bakayoko.

Matic' legs have gone and he still better than those listed. Waste of time.
It will likely be underwhelming when compared to Rodri. We can’t attract someone like him right now, we’re going to have to find players with the right skillsets. I don’t like Bakayoko, but I can see his skill set and what it would bring to us. The other two have much more about them.

lsd

The Oracle
Didnt look out of place at Juventus and has attracted interest from City and Liverpool in the past as well. He is clearly too good for Southampton I would have no problem with him coming here

Castia

Just looking at his numbers alone is alarming. He's never had a 30 game season in his career. Made 18 PL appearances last season and 25 the year before.

One report mentioned his fitness too, feck that.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Keep reading on twitter various views like ' he'd add great depth to United' or 'he'd be a good squad filler' and I'm like,wait minute,Periera,McTomminay and Matic should be squad filler.
It's like....
Urh,I give up.
McTominay will be better than a 'filler' in my opinion.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s not short of talent, it just hasn’t all come together yet. He’s better than Southampton in terms of ability. Similar player to Ndombele or Mousa Dembele I believe.

Would be a move that could disappoint, but could also have MASSIVE upside and he becomes one of the better CMs in the league, as the ability is there.

Halal Jalal

It's like....
Urh,I give up.
That's the state of our club now. Extending contracts of midtable fodder and buying some more mediocrity to add to the pile. This guy Lemina was Paul's backup at Juve but they quickly realised he's never going to cut it at top level so they dumped him. Yet here we are now, considering to purchase a player who already failed once to be PP's understudy... and we want him to replace PP. Honestly I'm not even surprised anymore, just depressed.

Lets not forget the obvious here either,Southampton wanted to keep the likes of Clyne,Mane,Lovren and Virgil.They seem actively looking for buyers for this guy.

Chairman Woodie

I can see why Southampton signed Lemina. He is a mobile defensive midfielder. He has good strength, passing skills, acceleration, and is able to dribble.

But his lack of consistency and attitude is off putting.

kirk buttercup

united need players that can change the team straight away , getting this guy and longstaff would be pretty underwhelming and im not convinced they would improve us in any way ,shape ,or form especially if we lose Pogba.

tidraKS

I don't think this is true, and I can't say I've watched him play too many times, but I was quite impressed by him on our 2:2 draw with Southampton last year. Kept Pogba really quiet.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
No but its being reported by multiple journalists so im discussing the rumour?

Crazy isn't it.
We are linked with dozens of transfers per window by various journalists. So yeah, it's crazy.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Will love him at Arsenal, better than Xhaka, but then who isnt.

Grande

That's the state of our club now. Extending contracts of midtable fodder and buying some more mediocrity to add to the pile. This guy Lemina was Paul's backup at Juve but they quickly realised he's never going to cut it at top level so they dumped him. Yet here we are now, considering to purchase a player who already failed once to be PP's understudy... and we want him to replace PP. Honestly I'm not even surprised anymore, just depressed.
You know, there is a rumour going around that Paul Pogba may actually stay, and another that we are not interested in Lemina.

If that happens, it’ll be a great upgade (of rumours)!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If his job is just to defend and do nothing with the ball then it frees up Pogba and Fernandes to attack. I'm ok with that as we can't rely on Matic and there's not many options open to us for a DM.

GazTheLegend

Clearly midfield cover is on the menu.

We are not looking for a first team player we’re looking for cover with potential to replace Herrera

I like the strategy

If we are to do PL based signings atleast go for someone who plays consistently,has a good fitness record and will actually elevate us a couple notches upward.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Very odd Lemina doesn't fit into the managers plans at Southampton. I'd have thought his work ethic and mobility would have made him perfect for a pressing system.

I remember a few games being very impressed by him but then he was forgotten all together. Was it injuries or inconsistency? Looking at the thread it sounds like both. If injuries its even more concerning!
Always been the case. One game he makes you go "wow, this is some player!", then the next one is "wow, how is this guy even a footballer", then he's injured for 3 months

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Haven't seen much at all of Lemina, so I can't really give an opinion on him as a player.

If Liverpool and Arsenal have also made enquiries about him though (as the reports linking him to us state), it at least suggests that there's some broad discernible logic to him as a signing beyond us just being lacklustre in the transfer market.

Nick7

Haven't seen much at all of Lemina, so I can't really give an opinion on him as a player.

If Liverpool and Arsenal have also made enquiries about him though (as the reports linking him to us state), it at least suggests that there's some broad discernible logic to him as a signing beyond us just being lacklustre in the transfer market.
Leicester and Arsenal. Not Liverpool.

R'hllor

Nobody mentioned Lamina in any positive way since dunno ever and suddenly after this news drops, he is this, he is that, always liked him, always wanted him, full truck of potential ( and who is going to unlock it? us lulz? ).