Mario Lemina

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
This guy is actually quite good for Southampton news so may be something in this.

Was quite impressed in his first season at saints not so much the 2nd.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Rather underwhelming if true, but I guess we need the numbers in midfield.

I cannot see any reason Southampton would sell him on the cheap though. If we are going to splash out, I'd rather it be for someone with more quality.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Pogba out. Lemina and longstaff in. Job done.

Santos J

Isn't he bang average?
He's brilliant on his day and has bags of ability but very inconsistent and he doesn't seem to be the most determined.

Don't think we'll sign 3 midfielders and would rather have Fernandes & Longstaff.

Crashoutcassius

Rather underwhelming if true, but I guess we need the numbers in midfield.

I cannot see any reason Southampton would sell him on the cheap though. If we are going to splash out, I'd rather it be for someone with more quality.
Says above he wants away. I doubt we would be interested if we have to pay top dollar.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
If there is truth in this, I think we're being priced out of a Longstaff move. I think we want a defensive player to add to midfield along with Bruno and maybe one other if Pogba goes.

Hawks2008

Ive only seen him play once, he seemed okay but nowhere near the quality we need.

RedDevilUnited369

Radio saying he wasn’t trying that hard to get fit...he’s not wanted by Southampton so how is he good enough for UTD???

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'm assuming it'll take £50m? And then we'll not have any money left to sign John McGinn, so can't see this happening.

EDIT:

£15m is worth a punt.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Yeah, we're f*cked if this is the calibre of player we're turning to at this stage in the window.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Wanted him when he was breaking through at Marseille but I'm afraid it's no coincidence that he never really kicked off from there.

Snafu17

This is either agent talk, Soton driving up the price or we genuinely brought out the scattergun in which case I'm annoyed.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm assuming it'll take £50m? And then we'll not have any money left to sign John McGinn, so can't see this happening.

EDIT:

£15m is worth a punt.
If Saints are actively looking to get rid (which they must be if he's been left off their pre-season trip) then I expect our name has just been thrown in to drum up interest

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah, we're f*cked if this is the calibre of player we're turning to at this stage in the window.
There were reports Pep wanted him 12 months ago to provide cover for Fernandinho. However tbf that was off the back of his first season at saints where he was pretty good.

He's been very ordinary this season just gone. Strange one.

Litch

There were reports Pep wanted him 12 months ago to provide cover for Fernandinho. However tbf that was off the back of his first season at saints where he was pretty good.

He's been very ordinary this season just gone. Strange one.
Yep, seems there is quite a few strange ones.....

Hawks2008

It really is worrying. Ndombele and Rodri, great players gone to rival clubs. Rabiot picked up on free by Juve Tielemans to Leicester at a decent price for an emerging young player. We seemingly on the other hand are chasing random midfielders from lower half clubs. Feels like no planning or scouting has gone into this window.

Nick7

Smells like bullshit. No doubt everyone will believe it and use it as a stick to beat us with for some reason.

Nick7

It really is worrying. Ndombele and Rodri, great players gone to rival clubs. Rabiot picked up on free by Juve Tielemans to Leicester at a decent price for an emerging young player. We seemingly on the other hand are chasing random midfielders from lower half clubs. Feels like planning or scouting has gone into this window.
Bar Tielemans, they've all gone to clubs better than us with Champions League football. Why would any of them turn those teams down for us?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He looked talented player and was very good against us last season. Not sure how consistent he is though.

romufc

wow! we cannot even compete with Everton on transfers, looking for £15m James, £15m Lemina and £25m Longstaff whilst selling Pogba.

How can fans be happy with Lemina? we can accept Longstaff and James but there has to be some ambition shown ?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Bakayoko and now lemina. They don't even seem like 'hungry and point to prove' players. From where does the media gets these ideas from?