Mario Lemina

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think I got confused with someone's post from earlier in the day, who I swear mentioned a "relegated Southampton", and then having tried to forget last season...a horrible mix of the two :)

But I remember seeing him before, and thinking he was a bit of a Pogba lite - but without the circus.
No worries, I think I remember that as well!

Yeah, I think the only worry for me with him is the injuries. Otherwise for 18m, I think he’ll be a good signing.

LuckyScout78

Barella is definitive a top 4 cm player in every top league. The boy is really brave, not the biggest boy. But goes into tackle like crazy. And still really good as a cm playmaker. The boy has the top drive and guts.

Netherlands and Italy have been down for sone years. Look like they are slowly coming back. With a more promising generation.

Netherlands with De Jong, De Ligt and more.

Italy with Barella, Federico Chiesa and more.

They are coming.

TheAlpineKlopp

Supports
Southampton
Southampton fan and Season Ticket Holder here.

Lemina puts in a good performance about 1 in every 6 games.

But that 1 game he's unplayable. It just doesn't happen often enough.

Pogba and Lemina attitude wise are the same as each other and apparently they are both good mates.

So make of that what you will.

At £15M, he's worth a punt to a club like United as it's small change, he's too much of a luxury player for us,he got injured then he couldn't get back in the team under Hasenhuttl, this is at a time when we NEEDED wins.

£15M-£20M he's worth a punt, I'd be happy to let him go for that, but with a sell on Clause just in case he does something and with better players around him he MIGHT.

For a club like United, he's a squad player at best and I don't think he's what you need.

I wouldn't read too much into that Video clip on his Instagram, another player we're trying to offload (Elyounoussi) looked the dogs nuts too in a heavily edited and speeded up video reel. Those snaps look good but what they don't show is the amount of times he loses the ball.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Seven Seas Sardines

I watched Southampton 3-4 times last year and Lemina appeared in about half those games and never once stood out. I remember him coming over from Juve and there being high expectations but never any real output.

Let's be real if he was linked with Spurs or Arsenal we'd be laughing at them.
100-150 minutes then, won't argue with an expert!

arthurka

Barella is definitive a top 4 cm player in every top league. The boy is really brave, not the biggest boy. But goes into tackle like crazy. And still really good as a cm playmaker. The boy has the top drive and guts.

Netherlands and Italy have been down for sone years. Look like they are slowly coming back. With a more promising generation.

Netherlands with De Jong, De Ligt and more.

Italy with Barella, Federico Chiesa and more.

They are coming.
I would love Barella here he is a really good player.

izec

I would love Barella here he is a really good player.
As good as off to Inter.

Lemina lacks consistency and his injury issues dont help either. I dont think we need squad players, i think we need starters at this point. Barella for example would be one

arthurka

As good as off to Inter.

Lemina lacks consistency and his injury issues dont help either. I dont think we need squad players, i think we need starters at this point. Barella for example would be one
Agree, if Inter could buy him we could have to

TsuWave

tbh, he walks into our midfield. he's better than every one we have bar Pogba

maybe

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We are targeting Newcastle and Southampton 3rd/4th choice midfielder this summer, good luck to us.

prateik

Sounds more like an Arsenal signing .. They need someone to replace Ramsey.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Southampton fan and Season Ticket Holder here.

Lemina puts in a good performance about 1 in every 6 games.

But that 1 game he's unplayable. It just doesn't happen often enough.

Pogba and Lemina attitude wise are the same as each other and apparently they are both good mates.

So make of that what you will.

At £15M, he's worth a punt to a club like United as it's small change, he's too much of a luxury player for us,he got injured then he couldn't get back in the team under Hasenhuttl, this is at a time when we NEEDED wins.

£15M-£20M he's worth a punt, I'd be happy to let him go for that, but with a sell on Clause just in case he does something and with better players around him he MIGHT.

For a club like United, he's a squad player at best and I don't think he's what you need.

I wouldn't read too much into that Video clip on his Instagram, another player we're trying to offload (Elyounoussi) looked the dogs nuts too in a heavily edited and speeded up video reel. Those snaps look good but what they don't show is the amount of times he loses the ball.
Sounds promising. :wenger:

StrettyEnder07

You might not notice but we're talking about Southampton here. They hardly have alot of players to choose from. Now lets stick to what we know. Lemina was signed on a huge fee. Despite all that he ended up as a reserve just after 2 years. Not only that, he know want out. If that's make him proven in the league he did all that then I really don't know.
I think you are having a different conversation mate, stop trying to make an argument where there isn't one.

Playing 41 games in the league and playing very well, which he has, is being premier league proven, a lot more so than Fred.

Move on

Nialinho

He might be talented, but there are a few concerns:

1. Juventus let him go and they had a big concern about his knee. Do we need someone who is injury prone?
2. We need players but that does not mean we need anyone.. Is he a massive improvement from Fred, McTominay, Perreira, Matic? I am guessing not.

Absolutely poor transfer strategy.
How do you know that's true? From my understanding he hasn't been out with a knee injury?

You're right we don't need just anyone but I'd say he is an upgrade on all of those players without being anything special, so at 15-20M with us so short of quality midfield options I'd take him. I'd hope he wouldn't be our only midfield signing though.

What would you consider to be the right strategy? Spending £50-60M on midfielders from Holland or Portugal? Fred was very highly rated and look what happened there.

Houdini

He looks like poor man's Pogba just more dynamic :eek: For that fee we can't go wrong. In the worst scenario he'll end up cleaning Ole's boots.

romufc

How do you know that's true? From my understanding he hasn't been out with a knee injury?

You're right we don't need just anyone but I'd say he is an upgrade on all of those players without being anything special, so at 15-20M with us so short of quality midfield options I'd take him. I'd hope he wouldn't be our only midfield signing though.

What would you consider to be the right strategy? Spending £50-60M on midfielders from Holland or Portugal? Fred was very highly rated and look what happened there.

The reason he was let go by Juventus. Although, the last injury was an Abdominal injury that ruled him out for 4 months.

I would take him if he isn't our only signing however; looking at quotes from him in the last few days, he wants to play regularly at a bigger club?

He is a DM so then we will have Scott, Matic and Lemina as a DM options? Whilst Fred can also play there. I am concerned the type of player we are signing because we need a box to box.

I would sign someone like a Callebos from madrid who is a good passer.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
With a market gone crazy

With a budget of 100 million you can only aim at them or some championship player
£100mil? Where do you get this nonsense from, honestly.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We will wait until the deadline has passed and revisit this comment.
What you going to revisit? If Lemina signs (and that's a big if) it won't be replacing Pogba.

I don't get your point. Totally different players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looks like one of these strange links that gets a lot of coverage and then disappears very quickly.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
What you going to revisit? If Lemina signs (and that's a big if) it won't be replacing Pogba.

I don't get your point. Totally different players.
I just wouldn't be surprised if we end up only signing Lemina for midfield with Pogba either being sold or remaining but barely bothering to play.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I just wouldn't be surprised if we end up only signing Lemina for midfield with Pogba either being sold or remaining but barely bothering to play.
Never going to happen. He's the one source of creativity we have in midfield. If he leaves it won't be for a ball winning midfielder which Lemina essentially is.

Don't even think we will sign Lemina anyway.

Bestietom

It's all gone very quiet this week. Are we finished in transfer market with the 100 million just gone.