Mario Mandžukić

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Romeo Agresti and Pedulla both mentioned that ManUtd asked about Mandzukic

In addition to the exchange between #Dybala is #Lukaku , #Juventus is #ManUtd today they also talked about #Mandzukic . Another front to monitor in the coming hours

There would be no need for a confrontation with Dybala, Juve expects Joya to find all the agreements with United(who asked for information also for Mandzukic ), to the limit contributing with a severance pay.

Robaldo

Not so sure about him at this age but have always really liked his style - which is probably why he's so underappreciated.

Judas

Open to offers
Seems a bit late for a move to the PL. Physically he'd have been perfect for him, but I think at this stage in his career I doubt we'd see anywhere close to the best of him. Guess as a bench player he'd do alright, but it blocks the youth players which isn't great.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Would've loved him at the club a few years ago. Not so sure now; think that ship has long sailed.

Eddy_JukeZ

Worry about his age, but if it's a swap deal with Darmian, I'd be tempted.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nah, he's past it now. Understand the need for some height but probably not worth doing since itll take away time from Greenwood.

mu4c_20le

He offers something the others don't, I'm all for it. SAF liked to keep 4 strikers in his squad for rotation or in case some of them dip in form, would like to think Ole wants to emulate that. Almost sounds too good to be true though, if swapping with Darmian.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
All for another option at striker. Still unknown how well Martial will be there.

Think it would be a good move.

Red_toad

Big game player, but too old.
Yet younger than Ibra when he joined United.

I'm not sure how good he's been since his injury last season, that'd be my only worry. If we're after him must mean Sanchez is on the way out as he's been replaced everywhere else on the ptich he can play.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Big game player, but too old.
He’s a perfectionist at his craft.

That’s like saying Zlatan is too old...both are still difference makers and impact players. Mandzukic would be an incredible depth addition.

SATA

How his wages will be like? No one asks yet if he wants to be here? Do Croatians love the north west of England?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Yet younger than Ibra when he joined United.

I'm not sure how good he's been since his injury last season, that'd be my only worry. If we're after him must mean Sanchez is on the way out as he's been replaced everywhere else on the ptich he can play.
He's 33 but he's no Ibra and he's scored fewer goals than Lukaku over the last 3 seasons in a stronger team but in a weaker league! if I were you I wouldn't touch him with a shitty stick

Sanche7

As many have said, I'd be OK with a straight swap but Darmian is worth at lest 10 mill Euros, is Mandzukic worth 10 mill? I really don't think so. But it looks like no one is willing to pay even 10 mill for Darmian, in which case this might be our best option.
Personally would rather see Lukaku plus Darmian for Dybala as Juve apparently wants 10-15 mill plus Lukaku for Dybala. We should then add some 20 Mill to that 15 mill and get Yedder with whom we have/had agreed terms with if the reports are to be believed

Sanche7

He's 33 but he's no Ibra and he's scored fewer goals than Lukaku over the last 3 seasons in a stronger team but in a weaker league! if I were you I wouldn't touch him with a shitty stick
Not to mention a big, old striker with limited mobility is not what Ole is looking for (I hope)

redIndianDevil

Never liked him. He is a diving cnut. He does have talent but it's too late even as a squad option. He'd demand higher wages too I guess.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Good player, but old. I can see the logic behind our interest though, if we believe in Greenwood to be our future forward.

Greenwood + Martial + Rashford is abit inexperienced and lack of goals for now.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Mourinho would have loved this guy. Wonder what he's thinking now as we get linked with his preferred type of combative players:

Mandzukic, SMS, Maguire, Partey, Ben Yedder, etc

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I think it makes sense. Clearly Ole has a lot of faith in Rashford and it appears he has high hopes for Greenwood. However, going into this season reliant on these 2, Martial and Sanchez could well backfire. There are question marks over all 4 of these options and we would be hoping that Rashford/Martial iron out the inconsistencies in their games, Greenwood is ready to step up against PL defenders and Sanchez rediscovers at least some of his ability.

Mandzukic would be our plan B by the looks of it, so he'd be replacing Lukaku's contribution, which I would say is an upgrade. He is also a shorter term option so wouldn't present a roadblock to Greenwood's development. He will be here long enough that there's no need to put pressure on Greenwood's immediate development but short enough that Greenwood will be able to step into his place if he develops as hoped.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Wouldn't have minded him a few years back. Too old now i think.

If we are looking to add a striker at a reasonable price, we should just go for Ben Yedder who has a release clause close to 35 million euros.

Suedesi

And honestly, our priorities this summer should have been RB, CB, CM, RW. We got a RB. Why are we after a false nine (Dybala) and an old striker (Mandzukic)?

Those would be great options when you have a well functioning and balanced squad, which we don't have. It's so frustrating.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He had a big decline after injury last season. If he can return to the form he showed early in the season he’s still a very good player

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think we're looking for a cheap cover for Rashford up until Greenwood can take that role. We might have been interested in Ben Yedder but a combination of how he turned to preseason training + the fact that Leicester are taking us to the cleaners for Maguire might had forced United to go for an even cheaper option.

Mcking

We will need some back up for the front four if Dybala joins. He'd be a good a good signing I think.

Nr.7

He'd be an instant fan favorite.
This.

He would also bring some quality, experiance, he is great at pressing, runs all day long and he’s vocal on the pitch and we could really do with more of those.

I’d love to have him here for 1-2 years.

Macedonian Red

If he is OK to be bench player and be used when he is needed, he will be very good signing. With Lukaku i Felaini out we dont have tall player to come in in 80+ to break the oposite defence. He is perfect for Lorente roll.

I wouldn't be against this.
I felt we lacked a different offensive option in our recent friendly.
Could be our Giroud,Llorente or Drezko.

R'hllor

He'd be an instant fan favorite.
Come on Ban, lets go!

Regardless of opinion, get him just for, what was it again, ah yea, dirty cnuts, who are United fans in the same time :p

settembrini

I imagine the talk was Juventus trying to get us to buy a 33 year old and United trying to say no in a polite enough way that it didn't jeopardise the Lukaku-Dybala deal.

Alemar

It’s a very bad idea to buy a 45 year old player when we have great youth attackers knocking the door.

It looked OGS wanted to bet on younger players - let it be. In fairness, we shouldn’t even discuss buying a player over 27 years old for whatever position.