Mario Mandžukić

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
While I'm not a fan of 30+ signings, this could actually be a decent deal if it was to happen. Quality cover for a position we're a little unsure about, would bring great experience to the team and ultimately wouldn't hinder Greenwoods development too much. I doubt it will happen though.

mad1max954

Too old and not good enough.
Personally feel he would be a good option to have off the bench and gives us a different dimension to our play. Especially true when we come up against teams that are defending deep and for their lives.

Good experience for the squad too.

Ban

It’s a very bad idea to buy a 45 year old player when we have great youth attackers knocking the door.

It looked OGS wanted to bet on younger players - let it be. In fairness, we shouldn’t even discuss buying a player over 27 years old for whatever position.
Make that 25.

TrueRed79

Hope this happens. Has loads of experience, is a leader and someone the young lads can look up to. No brainer for two years.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If it’s a swap with Darmian or whatever then I’d be delighted with this deal. Big game player. Would give lots of experience. He’d only be a squad player anyway.

Adamsk7

I’d love to get him in as a backup option. Not if it in any way means we don’t get Dybala, though.

Rashford
Martial
Dybala
Mandzukic
Greenwood (cup games)

is a perfect set of forward players with differing abilities. We’d have some real impact off the bench, like the good ‘ol days.

Rashford
Martial
Greenwood
Sánchez

leaves us short and means we are relying on our youth. Whilst I want Martial and Rashford to step up to 20-30 goal a season strikers and Greenwood to be the next big thing, we can’t go in to a season just hoping that’s gonna happen!

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
If we sell Lukaku, then we have no physicality whatsoever up top. It can't hurt to bring him in. We'll give Darmian next to no minutes this season anyway I'd imagine, so a swap deal makes sense.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
In this case so was every other Fred and Bailly I presume?
Maybe I have no ides, hence the maybe

Specifically on Maguire we have been interested in him when both Moyes and LVG were at the club

macheda14

What I am liking is in some of the videos for him on the YouTube there’s some good play between Pogba, Dybala and him.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
How about Ben Yedder instead of Mario as an impact come-off-bench forward?
Definitely a better option, but also 20-25m more expensive. I do think we're carefully watching our bottom line throughout this process.

Mercurial

On a cheap as impact/tactical sub, it's a good deal and makes sense as long as the salary is within reason. He is still a solid player if used the correct way. Seasoned experience from the big matches is still vital in the dressing room too I think.

Negative Red

Quality player who has been there and done it. He's a winner that the younger lads can look up to in the dressing room. I'm all for it. Swap for Darmian would be ideal and on a 1 year deal.

Infra-red

A good foil for Pogba/Dybala at Juve...

I think I'd rather go for someone younger, though. Yussuf Poulsen is probably about as close as you'd get you a young Mandzukic (strong in the air, hard worker, good hold up play, likes to press).

Sanche7

He'd be a lot more expensive.
Definitely a better option, but also 20-25m more expensive. I do think we're carefully watching our bottom line throughout this process.
Well, considering Mandz is 33, he will provide us with say 2 years of service whereas Yedder being 29,30 can provide us with 5-6 years of service going by the same scale. Also I feel Yedder fits the profile of the striker Ole is looking for. There's no point buying something just because it's available and on offer unless you are shopping online right after your salary has been credited

Jinn

He comes with great experience and wouldn't mind sitting on the bench. Great option to have, i wouldn't mind him at OT for a year or 2.

Cassidy

Any idea why we haven't been able to secure a target from Championship clubs for such a long time then?
No idea likely because he wasn’t seen as a priority but we have obviously been keeping tabs and following him for a while and at various points been linked. As we have been for the past 3 summers too

Zoo

This would mean Mandzukic, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Sanchez and even Dybala as our striker options. Surely too much.

Kostur

海尔的老板
No, Maguire. He was at Sheffield and then Hull. I somehow doubt it's been a 'club's target' for such a long time available for peanuts and we haven't been able to land him. I doubt there's such a thing here as the 'club targets' either to be fair. It's either manager's or post-sackum manager's targets I guess, hence we are where we are today.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Wouldn't be a bad idea. Get a experienced striker in who can work as a backup, who is professional and works for the team.
If we get a injury to either Martial or Rashford then Mandzukic could go on top and the other on the left, it could be a good way to make potential injuries take less points from us.
Gomes & Greenwood would still be able to get a lot of chances out on the wings, even if we bought Dybala & Mandzukic.

No idea how his form is, but he has always come across as a hard working and professional footballer the few times I've read about him.

DickDastardly

Bleh.

He's just so not a United player. Pass.

BTW, i truly believe that Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Sanchez and Dybala if he comes would be enough forward force.

I'd rather the younglings get more action in the first team then an old git. (including Alexis)

Cassidy

No, Maguire. He was at Sheffield and then Hull. I somehow doubt it's been a 'club's target' for such a long time available for peanuts and we haven't been able to land him. I doubt there's such a thing here as the 'club targets' either to be fair. It's either manager's or post-sackum manager's targets I guess, hence we are where we are today.
You are assuming that we tried, I simply said he was a target (doesn't mean first choice) (which has been reported at various points)

Devil81

I thought we were changing our stance on signing players of this age category.

Personally, I've always been a fan of his all-action style of play but it would have to be a one year contract if he signed. We couldn't be rolling out a two-year deal to a player of his age.