Mario Mandžukić

Beaucoup

I'd absolutely hate this signing.

He doesn't suit the style Ole is going for and he is past it.

High wages and a fee for a past it forward seems baffling for me. Just throwing money away, there would be little reward on the pitch and no re-sale fee so essentially just a poor footballing and business decision
It's called a panic buy.

fallengt

Woodward can't even sign 33 year old player who's looking for his last serious contract.
At this rate, beggin Robin van persie to come out of retirement would be easier.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good. Getting physically stronger can only help though. He does look ever so fragile. Appearances can be deceptive granted.
He might be small but he's not weak.

Think of kante / Sterling, they're both small in stature but strong for their size. Being small can actually be a benefit against giants as they can't lean into you with their weight as they'll be top heavy.

Gomes is nippy enough to get in and nick the ball, and all they can do is foul him.

Football is nowhere near as dangerous as it once was for players, especially in the top leagues.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Not gonna happen now, no time for a medical and not worth the reported fee and wages hes looking for.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Remember when people say Ole prefers a more dynamic forward than Lukaku?

I don't see how Mandzukic can fill that requirement. Why sell Lukaku if We're gonna buy a like for like replacement? :houllier:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
this guy gives his all, wants to play for United and is a pretty good player. the fee is fair and we should have offered him a two-year deal (or one with option for another). once again Mr Genius has saved four pounds, seven shilling and sixpence for which he probably gets a huge fecking bonus. Woodward is a cnut

0le

Remember when people say Ole prefers a more dynamic forward than Lukaku?

I don't see how Mandzukic can fill that requirement. Why sell Lukaku if We're gonna buy a like for like replacement? :houllier:
You can have a style of play, but its also sensible to have a "plan b" option too.

LVGWay

Shame about this one. Rashford up top it is then. Can I ask those who don’t want Mandzukic because he doesn’t fit Ole’s style? What is Ole’s style actually? Hoof it to ‘Rashy’ and he runs?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
this guy gives his all, wants to play for United and is a pretty good player. the fee is fair and we should have offered him a two-year deal (or one with option for another). once again Mr Genius has saved four pounds, seven shilling and sixpence for which he probably gets a huge fecking bonus. Woodward is a cnut
I can imagine Ole will have a few choice words for him behind closed doors. Sells the only real striker we have and doesn't replace him :houllier:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Think his attitude alone would've been worth a punt. Show these younger inbetweeners that hard work on the pitch can forge a career on it's own, never mind the skill and qualities they also have.

But equally not bothered given his age.

starman

I'm not driven by any agenda.... You seem to conveniently miss the point I was trying to make. I said that he's no doubt a good player but I don't think he's the right player for our system and I'm not sure if he would be all that great in the PL. Might wanna brush up on your comprehension skills. Also, an alternative to Rashford and Martial? I would rather we spend our money on a midfielder since I think our midfield is absolute "garbage" in comparison to other top 5 teams in the PL and we will struggle when Pogba gets injured or suspended.
Yes and you are struggling to see that he is a plan B type player while still offering the pressing Ole wants, think you are the one lacking when its comes to comprehending things

SCJY

I miss Zlatan. Jose relied on him far too much when he was with us. Continuing to play him even when we were two, three goals up, which resulted in his major injury.

Zlatan to Mandžukić. How the mighty have fallen.

beingshe7don

Yes and you are struggling to see that he is a plan B type player, think you are the one lacking when its comes to comprehending things
Plan B? If you say so... You do realize that the whole Mandzukic interest was propagated by the media... Doesn't matter now... since he isn't coming.

Johan77

Shame about this one. Rashford up top it is then. Can I ask those who don’t want Mandzukic because he doesn’t fit Ole’s style? What is Ole’s style actually? Hoof it to ‘Rashy’ and he runs?
Martial has played more as a number 9 than Rashford has during this pre-season.

starman

Plan B? If you say so... You do realize that the whole Mandzukic interest was propagated by the media... Doesn't matter now... since he isn't coming.
Great, never knew you worked for the media, you could have shut this thread down before it reached 21 pages...

beingshe7don

Great, never knew you worked for the media, you could have shut this thread down before it reached 21 pages...
First things first.... might want to stop living under a tree for a change and also it doesn't take a rocket scientist or to be working in media to be discerning enough to understand what's true and untrue what the media postulates.

starman

First things first.... might want to stop living under a tree for a change and also it doesn't take a rocket scientist or to be working in media to be discerning enough to understand what's true and untrue what the media postulates.
:lol:
Sorry but why didn't you post it being made up from the start, instead of everything else you have posted. Again, you just bend things to your viewpoint to your feelings at the time :yawn:

YoucancallmeAl

Linked to us again. I say go for it, we need players up top and he can be a great backup option, as well as take some of the pressure of our young lads. Just not at a sky high wage please.

Renegade

Linked to us again. I say go for it, we need players up top and he can be a great backup option, as well as take some of the pressure of our young lads. Just not at a sky high wage please.
Wonder how long we’ll give him. From
January to the summer? Or for next season too? He hasn’t played a single minute for Juve this season. So would be unfit in January anyway.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Think his attitude alone would've been worth a punt. Show these younger inbetweeners that hard work on the pitch can forge a career on it's own, never mind the skill and qualities they also have.

But equally not bothered given his age.
Unless he does a Bastian on us.

HowYouDoin

He is the player that every fan base absolutely adores. Didn't Juventus fans have huge choreography of him at some of their games last year? He always gives his all. Defensively, offensively. Definitely not the worst signing if it's only for a season or two. You need vets like him. Players like Greenwood, you gotta ease them in as well.
Probably the best stop gap option out there.
For a team with so many players that have their effort and commitment questioned, for a team that is often said not to have players with character and strong personalities, there's a lot of stuff that Mandzukic brings that I'm sure we can appreciate.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If we go for him in January everyone's first thought will be why didn't we do it during the summer?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If we go for him in January everyone's first thought will be why didn't we do it during the summer?
Because MM wanted to stay and fight for his place in Juve. Now when he is not even on the bench, he is open to move.
Does this counts as a player who "really really really really ...really" wants to come? I mean he didn't want to come, now he wants to come but only because his plan A failed.
I will call Ole and ask him

Ban

Our papers are going with the story he has a gentleman's agreement with United to come in January.

Cliche Guevara

Loan in January until the end of the season will do.

We need to be far smarter and more straightforward in our business.

Xaviboy

Just get him and Dembele in at same time. Not like where scoring goals for fun.

CallyRed

He would arrive as our back up striker, within 2 games he will be our main striker

Alabaster Codify7

I think plan A is Moussa Dembele, Mandzuikic is plan B
Plan B - Mandzukic on loan.
Plan C - Dembele.

Plan A?

Rashford scoring 5 goals between now and January and a slew of spin in the papers claiming 'Rashy will carry United to a top 4 challenge'.