Mario Mandžukić

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think this would have been a good singing last summer, not sure about this with the emergence of Greenwood, but I do like they player never the less

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Dispense with midfielders altogether. Defenders and attackers. Radical. Innovative.

Jinn

Bleh.

He's just so not a United player. Pass.

BTW, i truly believe that Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Sanchez and Dybala if he comes would be enough forward force.

I'd rather the younglings get more action in the first team then an old git. (including Alexis)
Rom should never have been a UTD player.

Why would getting another forward hinder the chance of our young strikers?
What we lack is competition and quality of the bench. This should get our existing players working harder for their places in the starting 11. At the very least they could learn from a very experienced player.

DoomSlayer

I'd have no problem if Mandzukic is coming on a 1 or 2-year deal to add experience and leadership to the team. If we include Darmian in the deal, it's a double win for us.

Jinn

I think Ole would have a job on keeping everyone happy. Ideally someone comes in for Sanchez.
Let Ole worry about that. He gets paid to make the decisions.
In any case, i'm sure he wouldn't mind being a bench option considering his age.

Smores

When we were linked under our previous manager, didn't everyone lose their shit?
You mean people are hypocrites? Nah never happens.

I actually think it's a good signing as i did last summer but if he signs it'll be amusing to see others try and bend their own logic on this.

redshaw

Not sure, we need the experience but we have Greenwood to play too and this revolves around Lukaku going. If this is just us buying Mandzukic and Lukaku stays, no Dybala then we have enough here already and you'd expect Lukaku to interchange with Rashford like we saw under Ole.

If somehow Inter buy Lukaku I guess we could go for him at a cheap price if we've no time to get someone like Ben Yedder.

I'd rather keep Lukaku if our last minute replacement is Mandzukic.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Bleh.

He's just so not a United player. Pass.

BTW, i truly believe that Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Sanchez and Dybala if he comes would be enough forward force.

I'd rather the younglings get more action in the first team then an old git. (including Alexis)
You forgot about James.

Assume that we'll play 4-2-3-1, since that is what we've done in pre-season.
Now assume that our first eleven attackers consist of Martial, Rashford, Dybala and one more.
If Martial or Rashford go out injured, we have to play with 2 inexperienced or (in Sanchez case if he can't find form) shit players.

We would go from:
Martial
Rashford - Dybala - James
To something like:
Rashford
James - Dybala - Greenwood
With 2 injuries, which is very normal:
Rashford
James - Lingard - Greenwood
I think we would be better if the cost is low to have a 2-injury position to look like this:

Mandzukic
Rashford - Greenwood/Lingard/Gomes - James
Whoever is injured then out of two attackers we will still have 2 (somewhat in case of Martial & Rashford) experienced attackers in our side.

Ban

So he'd be a favourite among Croatian Man Utd fans?
No. I bet he'd be a favorite among United fans in general due to his attitude and giving his all on the pitch the whole 90 minutes without reservations. He's regarded as a hero among Juve fans.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
To be fair him as first choice last year and we probably would have sneaked top four.
Maybe, but I think most people reacted because he would have come in 2017 when we needed a striker and signed Lukaku and he was 31 already then, so it would have been another "Jose only sign old players" situation. And I think people would question the clubs ambitions, regardless of if he would have done better or not, because he isn't a prolific goal-scorer (13 in 36 for Juve in 15/16 and 11 in 50 in 16/17) which we needed.

SATA

So he's willing to swap Juve's bench for ours? I think he would rather sit on theirs to be honest. Besides he starts quite regularly for them i think and he won't here at United

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He offers something the others don't, I'm all for it. SAF liked to keep 4 strikers in his squad for rotation or in case some of them dip in form, would like to think Ole wants to emulate that. Almost sounds too good to be true though, if swapping with Darmian.
Difference is SAF played a 4-4-2 so there was room to rotate 4 strikers. We will most likely be playing a 4-2-3-1...

svn

A great purchase if it happens - an excellent player to bring on when we need a goal.

Devil may care

I've always thought he comes off as an arsehole on the pitch, one minute acting the hard man and the next minute rolling around pretending to be hurt to try and get someone booked or sent off, like Chiellini and Pepe. His hold-up play is good but I thought we'd seen the back of this kind of player when Jose went, if we buy him for £10M seperate from the other business we are trying to do with Juve, to sit on the bench then whatever, but if he's all we get out of this Juve drama it'll be disappointing.

bondsname

I'm all for this signing as long as we don't start hoofing it to as soon he gets on the pitch, like we did with Fellaini.

Trophy Room

He’ll give us a good option off the bench. If he comes, I think he’ll score some important goals. Fan favourite in the making!

yamo123x

Is this more media BS?? surely this is not a good move he looked awful against england in world cup and recent matches. He is 33 and not mobile at all.

We need additions in midfield desperately

Ekeke

You mean people are hypocrites? Nah never happens.

I actually think it's a good signing as i did last summer but if he signs it'll be amusing to see others try and bend their own logic on this.
Its pretty simple. If Dybala is our replacement for Lukaku, then we have Dybala, Rashford and Greenwood who can all play up front.

We dont need a 33 year old striker taking minutes away from Greenwood when he isnt even a first choice. It might be different if it was someone who would start everyweek like Ronaldo for example because his goals would take us a long way. Mandzukic's 9 goals we can live without

Treble

A great purchase if it happens - an excellent player to bring on when we need a goal.
He isn't famous for his goalscoring ability, 14 goals combined over the last two seasons in a league heavily dominated by Juve...

He isn't a bad option, he's got experience, great mentality, etc. He wouldn't replace Lukaku's goals though.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Can you imagine if we signed Mandzukic and not Dybala :lol::lol::lol:

izec

one year deal + another optional year would be great. He scores goals most players cant score, he is such an annoying player when he plays against you.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think things are getting a bit desperate now. Not the sign of a club certain it’ll get its targets.

Reminds me of when we threw out bids for random players at the last minute. Coentrao, anyone?

starman

Don't see what the moaning is about. If we get him and Dybala for Lukaku that's a very good deal imo.

Mandžukić offers something we don't have, and never had in Lukaku, in that he is good at holding the ball up. He's not just a target man as he has good work rate. There are not many better 3/4 choice strikers going around.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don't see what the moaning is about. If we get him and Dybala for Lukaku that's a very good deal imo.

Mandžukić offers something we don't have, and never had in Lukaku, in that he is good at holding the ball up. He's not just a target man as he has good work rate. There are not many better 3/4 choice strikers going around.
We aren't getting Dybala mate.

fallengt

I like him. He's the one who fights for every half chance.
We can't start the season with Rashford & Martial as main CF. Mandzukic would be a decent backup

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think things are getting a bit desperate now. Not the sign of a club certain it’ll get its targets.

Reminds me of when we threw out bids for random players at the last minute. Coentrao, anyone?
As I said it's got past that stage and at the point where Ed will accept any big name player available and willing to come.